548 Users Online
Google, Bing

sting in the tail — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
All welcome! :D
The clouds were painted an ominous shade of grey that morning as they drizzled a light rain on the earth below. Undeterred by the gloomy weather, Lorcan could be seen traipsing along edge of the lowlands as he moved towards Stonewatch Timbers, his lean figure cutting smoothly through the haunting fog that lingered in the air around the outer edges of the trees. Golden eyes blinked beneath the dappled light of the canopy as his large paws carried him swiftly into the woodlands. His slender and agile body snaked effortlessly through the labyrinth of trees as he continued aimlessly onwards, not having a particular direction to travel in, but instead just enjoying the sights and scents of the woodland that surrounded him.

It was as his black nostrils flared to inhale the fresh woody aroma in the air that he suddenly caught whiff of something interesting. The scent was tantalizingly sweet, and although not his usual flavour of choice, the young subordinate was tempted to investigate. Weaving his muzzle through the air as he trotted forwards, Lorcan cautiously closed in on the scent, his golden eyes scanning the area around him as he moved. His nose lead him to the trunk of a particular tree. Salmon pink tongue licked at his lips eagerly as he pawed at the dirt around the tree’s roots, his tail falling limp when he found nothing. White brows furrowed in frustration. He sniffed again and, once again, he caught onto the same sickly sweet scent. Golden eyes trailed slowly up the forked trunk of the tree and then along the twisted branches, finally settling on a partially-disturbed, and seemingly-uninhabited, beehive that hung up high, temptingly, from a single branch. Thick golden liquid oozed from the deep claw-shaped crevasses that raked through its outer shell.

Lorcan’s tail wagged in childlike excitement. Honey.
(This post was last modified: Aug 22, 2016, 08:29 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

When he had set out days ago for the northern parts of the lore the weather had been extremely nice, perfect for traveling. This particular morning had been filled with a light rain that left his pelt feeling heavy as he trotted across the land in search of the plants he needed for his work. It wasn’t anything new traveling large distances for the plants that would allow him to help those in need and today was no different. Despite the gloomy conditions Emrys kept up his pace hoping to reach the place that he sought before nightfall. The one thing that he did like about the distances he traveled was the fact that he learned the lore that much better and there was so much to see and smell as he passed through the territories. AS always he was cautious of the paths that he took so as to not upset any of the packs by passing too close to their lands.

As he drew closer to the trees of stone watch timbers a faint scent reached his nares. It was one that he had scented a few times before in his travels, honey. A nice treat he knew as long as the bees could be avoided. He followed the scent with his stomach rumbling with hunger as he hadn’t eaten in a few hours. His thought being that it would be something to tide him over until he was ready to catch his dinner. AS the scent became stronger so did the scent of another wolf he had not noticed before and he wondered if he might have to share the tasty treat with the stranger. His pace quickened some as he came closer to where he was sure the honey was. The sight that greeted him was that of a lightly colored agouti wolf digging at the base of a tree. As he was thinking thorough what to do next he saw the strangers head drift upward, the white male allowed his gaze to follow that of the other. He decided that it might be a good idea to warn about the bees in case this fellow didn’t know. He approached cautiously and cleared his throat when he was near enough. “You might want to watch out for the bees.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 23, 2016, 08:09 PM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
If you want to PP anything, just send me a PM - I'll more than likely agree :p
Lorcan had been too engrossed in finding the sweet treat hanging from the tree to notice that he was now in the company of another wolf. Unaware that he was being watched, the young subordinate set about trying to reach up to the honey, desperate to taste the oozing golden liquid. Crouching down low, the young male’s muscles tensed and then in one swift movement sprang into action as Lorcan leapt up, with paws outstretched to grapple the at the thick trunk of the tree. Dull black nails scratched at its rough surface and his lean figure struggled and strained as he tried desperately to clamber up into the fork of the tree trunk. Finally he managed to hoist himself up, so that he now stood, wobbling somewhat, upon the outstretched branch which brandished the beehive.

It was only then that a voice stole his attention away from the honey-filled mass, golden eyes darting down to meet stark alabaster figure of another male. A gentle laugh bubbled from his chest as he met the young male’s ice-blue gaze, his russet ears falling flat in some attempt to greet the stranger respectfully whilst, at that very moment he balanced awkwardly within the arch of the tree, was unable to show the usual submissive body language that proper etiquette demanded.

“It’s okay.. I don’t think they’re home.” He called back down confidently to reassure him — and with that slowly edged his way along the outstretched branch, each paw placed carefully in front of the other, and reached out his muzzle to plant it into the oozing vessel of golden honey. Ouch!

A high pitched whine screeched through his charcoal lips as his head quickly recoiled, nose throbbing, and as he lifted one forepaw up off the branch to swat at the two angry bees which buzzed around his face, a second yelp erupted from his throat. A pained grimace tarnished his face as Lorcan glanced down to his left front paw which was now also throbbing in pain. Realizing his mistake, and unwilling to endure any more torment from the bees, Lorcan jumped, landing on the ground directly beneath the branch in a pile of groaning fur. “Euuugh. Ow. Ah. Ow.” Came the muffled whimpers as he slowly limped to stand on his three unharmed paws.
(This post was last modified: Aug 23, 2016, 09:04 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Will do

Emrys watched the male somewhat amused by his efforts but worried for his safety as well in his efforts to obtain some honey. Sometimes it was wort the effort for such a sweet treat and Emrys knew the health benefits of honey. Despite that he still felt there was some need for caution in this situation since bee stings could be dangerous. As the agouti male jumped up and scrabbled his way into the tree Emrys shifted his weight nervously afraid that he might fall out of the tree and acquire a worse injury than a bee sting. He was relieved when the stranger made it into the fork of the tree but that was short lived as he saw the stranger seemed to be wobbling.

The white healer offered his warning about the bees and offered a as best a greeting as could be given in the agouti males current situation. The disappointment soon followed when it seemed that his words had not been heeded by the males words. “I do hope that is true,” for the strangers sake. Emrys was not reassured in the slightest and his anxiety about the situation only grew as he watched the other make his way across the branch toward the hive.

It didn’t take long for Emrys’s fears to be realized when he heard a screech from the male and before the white healer could do anything the stranger had fallen to the ground. Jumping into action he ran over to where the agouti male stood on three of his legs, “Your standing that’s good but perhaps you shouldn’t be until we make sure that you don’t have anything broken. ”

Ensuring that none of his bones were broken from the far was Emrys’s’ first priority, “Do you think you have any broken bones?” He also had to worry about the bee stings that he was sure had been inflicted by the bees. “How many stings did you receive?” He questioned. The answer would help him to know how much of the particular plant he had in mind he would need. Though bee stings wasn’t something that Emrys felt was common place he was glad that his mother had taught him about them and that he remembered her teachings.

(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2016, 02:19 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Let me know if you want me to add any more on etc
As he shifted his weight to stand awkwardly on three legs, his lean muscles rippled beneath his short summer fur to steady his wobbling frame. Snarling subtly out of discomfort, his fangs flashed as he caught a glimpse of the white male’s shadow upon the ground as he hurriedly approached. When the male advised for him not to stand so quickly after his fall, Lorcan at first disregarded it, standing still for a moment as he found his bearings. However, when the throbbing in his paw grew a little hotter and the muscles in his sides ached in complaint, Lorcan reluctantly reclined slowly back down to lay on the ground, before turning his sheepish golden gaze towards his spectator, head tilting to the side as if to pose the question: now what?

In the next moment he found himself feeling almost bombarded by questions, and his brows furrowed slightly as he tried to keep up with mentally preparing his answers. “Uhhh, I don’t think so..” Came his answer to the first question, swiftly followed by the answer to his second. “One, two..” He began, wrinkling up his nose as his eyes crossed to try and focus on the small red lumps that were beginning to form on his muzzle, before finally looking down to his paw. “Three.. I think.” Came the final reply, his voice somewhat unsure. “I guess I should have listened to you, huh?” He murmured, an awkward half-grin half-grimace plastered across his face as he eyed the male, before his golden gaze slunk down ashamedly to the floor.  
(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2016, 03:35 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Nope, it's good.

Quickly making his way to the man Emrys's mind was going through what needed to be done. With a fall such as the stranger had he was worried about broken bones and if there were any to make sure that they were set properly. Watching the man raise to his feet and then lower himself back to the ground Emrys felt a little more confident that the probability of a broken bone was slim. That was a comfort and then they would only have to worry about the number of stings. Emrys was sure there had to be at least one and he already had a plan of action so that time wouldn't be wasted, he just hoped the agouti male wasn't allergic.

The first question out of Emrys's mouth was to ask about broken bones. It was the more serious in his mind and needed to be taken care of quickly. He was relieved when the man said that he didn't think there was any, "That's good news though you may be a little sore tomorrow after a fall like that." Emrys thought they could deal with that after the stings. Then his concern fell to the stings as he checked the stranger over for any injuries and the stings. The answer to his second question was an uncertain three. "We can treat the three you're aware of and go from there," he suggested. It seemed the best plan of action to ensure the agouti male received the best care.

As for if the man should have listened to him, "A little more caution might have been helpful but sometimes it's necessary to make our own mistakes. The good news is you don't seem too bad off and that's lucky." It seemed his patient might have learned something from this experience and that was the important thing. Emrys was hopeful he wouldn't find his patient in such a situation again.

(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2016, 03:13 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan done his best to keep optimistic about his ailments, even though he could feel his muzzle and paw growing hot and tingly with the beestings. When the male suggested that, even with no broken bones, Lorcan would probably be quite sore the next day, he nodded in agreement. “No doubt. I’ll probably just have some bruising on my ribs.” He replied, turning his head to reach his nose down to nudge at the right side of his ribcage, which caused him to wince a little. “Nothing some rest won’t fix.” He chuffed, dismissing the pain in his side almost completely – besides, it was all his own fault anyway. Lorcan was just lucky that the tree had not been particularly tall, and so, had received much less severe injuries than what he could of expected if he were to have climbed any higher.

When the alabaster male came closer to inspect the stings around his muzzle, Lorcan lifted his head up to allow him a better look and next strained his awkwardly lift his paw to allow the male to view the sting that pierced through the thick black pad on his forepaw, wondering if it would even be visible. If the stranger could not feel it, Lorcan could certainly feel its position. Not wanting to seem completely helpless, Lorcan withdrew his paw from the air and nestled it back down on the ground in front of him. Carefully, bending his ankle to draw the underside of the paw in close to his charcoal lips. With gritted fangs, Lorcan then pressed his mouth against the area where he could feel the pain and tried to bite the stinger out with his teeth in a manner that was more often observed when grooming. As his teeth touched the inflicted area, the pain grew stronger which caused small whines to whistle past his lips as he repeatedly tried to dislodge it, before finally growing frustrated and turning back to the other male. “What did you have in mind to treat these stings?” He asked, his expression pained.
(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2016, 03:46 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Though there weren’t any broken bones to worry about the soreness that Emrys was sure the man would feel the next day would probably be pretty painful. The good news was the agouti male would be able to get to somewhere safe to get through the soreness. Emrys didn’t see any reason why the male wouldn’t feel a lot better in a few days. Hearing the stranger state that he would probably would have some bruising on his ribs was disappointing to say the least. It meant that it may take longer than a few days for him to be feeling better. “Then it may talk a little longer than a few days however chewing the resin of the white bark pine might help,” he suggested. The resin might help with the pain as the bruising on his ribs resolved. “I hope that you are able to get plenty of rest,” stated Emrys his tone serious. He was glad that the man recognized that rest would be important for his recovery.

There were still the bee stings that they needed to address and it seemed the agouti man knew exactly what needed to be done next. Removal of the stingers so that the bee’s venom wasn’t still being pumped into the inflicted area causing more pain and swelling. When the paw was lifted for him to view and see if he could see the stinger he did his best to find it but it was rather difficult to see against the dark pad. He gave a shake of his head to indicate that he couldn’t find the stinger. Emrys watched as the stranger did his best to remove the stinger from his paw. The white healer thought that it was best if the man removed the stinger or tried to since he knew the exact location of where the pain was radiating from. “I was thinking plantain leaves, you chew them up and cover the area with the paste,” he explained, ”it should take the pain away and reduce the swelling and inflammation.” Emrys was sure that there would be some in the area all he had to do was find it and he would most likely only need one plant to take care of all of the stings.

(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2016, 02:11 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
I believe this is demonstration post 6/6 ?
Lorcan nodded as the alabaster male suggested that chewing whitebark pine could help relieve some of the pain in his ribs. He knew vaguely what it was, as he could recall his mother pointing it out to him around the base of the mountain when he had still lived with his birth pack. She had informed him that it was good for treating joint and skeletal pain, but she had never had the opportunity to use it, and so Lorcan had never observed how to apply it. “I remember them growing near the mountains, so I doubt we’ll find any around here.” His charcoal lips twisted awkwardly and his golden gaze fell to the ground in disappointment. It was always the way, the one thing you needed was always the hardest to obtain. “Yeah, I’ll just take it easy for a while. I’ll be fine.” Lorcan huffed, struggling to hold back a laugh of dismissal.

“Plantain? Where would we find that?” Lorcan asked curiously, having never heard of the plant before. “If not, I suppose I could always give Giant Cedar oil a try… There’s sure to be some around here.” The male suggested, desperate to find something that would soothe the burning irritation, and soon. Turning back to the male, Lorcan dipped his head respectfully. “I’m Lorcan, by the way – and I guess this is a pretty awkward time to say that I’m practicing to be a healer. I guess I still have a lot to learn.” Lorcan grimaced, before letting a quiet laugh escape his lips. How embarrassing it was, for a trainee healer to be dependent on the skills of another to heal him. Lorcan shook his head in amusement. Craw and the others would definitely never hear about this.
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2016, 12:16 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N