(See All?) Announcements
1,058 Users Online
Bing

Restless — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Although the rabbit had managed to escape a number of their jaw-snapping assaults, ultimately it had met its end, albeit leaving them both with clumps of silver fur between their teeth. As he felt the vibration of the rabbit’s neck snap within his jowls, he turned in search of his hunting companion to proudly display their catch. Tail swaying excitedly as she neared him, Lorcan gently placed the body upon the moss-laden ground between them and then scraped his tongue against the edge of his teeth to remove the fur from his mouth.

He smiled at her words and dipped his head in bashful agreement. “Yeah, we got there in the end. I’ve always found rabbits tricky to catch.” He sighed, allowing a mischievous grin to tug at the corners of his charcoal lips, before he lowered down into a playful bow to stretch out his hot aching muscles. Rising up, his russet ears fell back against the smooth curve of his skull in respect and his tail lowered to hover neutrally behind him. “I’m Lorcan. It’s nice to meet you—” He paused, hoping that she would offer him her name.

Turning his attention back to the rabbit on the ground, Lorcan lowered his muzzle and nudged the fresh kill towards her with the tip of his nose. “You have it since you found it. I can grab something from the cache later.” He offered, his voice honest and sincere. The female was young and it appeared that the hunt had taken a lot out of her, besides it was hardly a caribou and there was only so much meat on the animal. Lorcan smiled. The hunt hadn’t been completely pointless, at least now he knew how to successfully catch rabbits in the future.
(This post was last modified: Aug 31, 2016, 07:47 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It hard been hard work and there had been many times Inna had wondered if they would actually catch the rabbit.  There had been so many almosts that she had started to wonder if they would succeed despite the fact they had set it all up do well.  In the end though their hard work had paid off and the evidence of that lay at the males feet.  He had finished the rabbit off and all that was left to do now was to rest and eat.  After expending so much energy Inna was feeling hungrier than she had been before the chase.  She let her breathing slow while waiting to see what the male would do next.  Which was to place the rabbits body on the ground between them.

Inna returned his smile and nodded, he seemed a nice fellow. "Me too, it's so much easier with a little help.  This one did give us quite the chase but we did get there in the end."  Had she not had the help of the male she wasn't sure she would have been able to catch the creature herself.  He had quite a few tricks that had kept her and the male on their toes despite them having set everything up so nicely. "I'm Inna, it's nice to meet you as well."  She was glad to finally know the name of the male who had helped her bring down her prey. 

As he pushed the rabbit towards her and then told her she should have it since she found it Inna shook her head. "We should share it since you worked just as hard to catch it as I did.  I think it would be unfair to not share it with you."  Even though she knew she should feed the pack first she also thought it would be wrong to take all of the rabbit.  Even though he said he could get something later, meaning to her he was part of a pack he still deserved a fair share and she wouldn't be persuaded otherwise.  "You deserve it just as much as I do," she assured him.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Feel free to pp them eating :)
Inna. Lorcan smiled before dipping his head in greeting. “Are you new around here? I’ve never seen you around the lowlands before.” He asked curiously, a single white brow raising in question, completely missing the fact that she did not smell entirely like a loner – but then, all loners smelt slightly different from each other depending on where they had last travelled.

When he offered Inna the entire rabbit for herself, he was surprised to see her shake her head in response and suggest that it would be unfair if he did not help himself to some of the meat. Lorcan gazed across to her, his golden eyes uncertain as he tentatively lowered his muzzle to hover above the fresh carcass – only for the dark haired female to assure him again. Tilting his face up towards her, Lorcan grinned as he spread his limbs in a playful bow with his tail waving mischievously above the smooth curve of his spine. “We shall split it then.” He said, deciding to compromise.

Grasping the rabbit’s neck in his mouth once again, Lorcan turned his neck sharply so that the rabbit’s rear end swung towards Inna to enable her to grab it. “—’ere” He grunted through gritted teeth as he stepped closer. Once Inna had a good hold on the other end, Lorcan would nod to instruct them both to pull in opposite directions, so that hopefully the rabbit should tear in two. Lorcan braced himself, readying his muscles to strain when she pulled away.
(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2016, 02:10 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
I didn't really do them eating but I did have them split the rabbit hope that's ok?

Inna shrugged when he asked if she was new in the area, “Not really, I live in Kingsfall. I have just returned after a few months away though and this is my first time in the lowlands for some time,” she explained. This was really her first time venturing away from Hearthwood River since returning and before that she rarely left pack lands since she had still been so young. It wouldn’t have been very hard for him to have never seen her in the lowlands before. “I take it you’re from around here then?” She asked guessing since it sounded like he spent a lot of time in the lowlands.

Even though she had been hunting to bring something back for the pack she thought it only fair to share with Lorcan since he had helped her to catch the rabbit. Without him she probably wouldn’t have been as successful. Inna was sure that both Lachesis and her mother would understand the decision that she had made to share the rabbit with him. Inna did her best to assure him and when he fell into a play bow in front of her she felt that he was comfortable with her decision as well. Inna’s tail swished rapidly behind her before she playfully nipped at Lorcan as her way of returning his gesture. “I’m glad we are in agreement,” she stated happily.

She watched as he took the rabbit by the neck and flipped it toward her and then when he indicated she took the rabbits back in her jaws. Then making sure her grip was secure and wouldn’t slip she indicated that she was ready to pull on her end so that they could each have a share of the rabbit. When it was time to pull Inna put everything she had into it and felt every muscle strain before she felt the rabbit give and she was left with her half. She then took up a place close to where Lorcan had his share so that they could still talk while they ate.

(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2016, 03:16 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Kingsfall. The name sounded familiar but he had no recollection of actually visiting the place. White brows furrowed and his golden gaze fell to the ground momentarily as he tried to figure out where he had heard of it before, and his mouth parted in recognition when he realised its significance. “Oh, Kingsfall you say? You wouldn’t happen to be from Hearthwood River, would you?” He asked, his head tilting to one side in question, his tail swaying in excitement at the idea at meeting someone from an allied pack.

When Inna explained that she had just returned after some time away, a single brow raised on Lorcan’s face. “If you don’t mind me asking, what was your reason for leaving?” He knew that it was often the case for yearlings to outgrow their pack and seek other opportunities elsewhere, but since she had in fact returned, Lorcan suspected that Inna’s story wasn’t so simple. The subordinate nodded when she assumed he was from the lowlands. “Yeah, I joined Whitestone Monadnock a few months ago – maybe you’ve heard of it?” He asked, suspecting that she had if she was indeed one of the ‘river wolves’. “We claim part of the lowlands, so I like to keep an eye out around here when I can.” He stated, his russet ears temporarily flattening anxiously against his head as he thought back to his encounters with a certain member from the other lowland pack.

Lorcan whined playfully when Inna swiftly nipped at him and responded by frolicking from side to side, bounding either side of the rabbit as he dared her to snatch it from him before he whisked it up in his jowls. He paused his movements as Inna grasped the other end of the rabbit’s body and then with her permission, pulled as hard as he could. He felt the carcass tear and found himself taking a step back to steady himself as the rabbit tore in half. Landing in a seating position, with the front half the rabbit firmly between his jaws, Lorcan snorted in amusement and gave a glance to Inna, as some of the rabbits innards hung to the fur around his cheeks. Salmon pink tongue reached out to lick them off, still managing to leave a few spots of blood that were too far to reach. Not caring too much for his appearance, Lorcan set about devouring his half of the meal, filling the air with crunching and satisfied growls.
(This post was last modified: Sep 07, 2016, 03:43 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It seemed to her speaking of Kingsfall struck something in Lorcan. A smiled crossed her features when her companion put two and two together. “Yes, I am actually,” she replied proudly. Though she hadn't meant to reveal that bit of information at first Inna didn't see any reason not to.

His next question however was a little more personal but at the same time she didn't want him to think she was unhappy in her pack. “I don't mind, I left because at the time I thought it was necessary. I had a lot of questions about myself that I needed answered and I felt getting out on my own was the best way to do it,” she explained. The ebony girl felt there was much more but she wasn't sure it was for first meetings. Inna nodded when he mentioned his pack, “I don't know much about your pack but I have heard of it.” Inna grew curious when he stated he like to keep an eye out in the lowlands, “Are you a scout?” Perhaps if he was he was he might be able to help her. After all keeping an eye out sounded like a job for a scout.

She was glad when he took her nip the way that she had meant it. As he frolicked she lowered the front of her body into a play bow tail swishing above her. They soon found themselves at either end of the rabbit as they each pulled Inna dug her claws into the ground to keep her footing. Their efforts were soon rewarded when they each held half of the rabbit. With the force of the pulling and the sudden release Inna soon found herself back on her haunches. Lorcan wasn't the only one with rabbit on his face some of the creatures tissues and blood had gotten on her as well. It was something she would worry about after she'd eaten. As her companion began to eat his half Inna settled down and started on hers as well.

(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2016, 02:29 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Golden eyes lit up when Inna smiled and Lorcan found himself mirroring her expression as she proudly admitted to belonging to being a member of Hearthwood River. A single ear flickered atop his head as he studied her face curiously. "You're the first wolf I've met from Hearthwood River. My alpha mentioned not too long ago that he had conversed with yours - forgive me, I forget his name.." He trailed off, not knowing the exact details of the conversation. "It must be nice, living right by a river.. Quiet, I would imagine?" Lorcan asked, head tilting to one side curiously. It was a guess really. He had only ever grown up in the valleys and was used to the great open landscapes where others roamed through with each passing day. A river sounded more private.

When the young female explained the reason for her temporary leave from her pack, Lorcan listened carefully, his ears flickering in genuine interest. Her answer though vague, was perfectly valid and Lorcan nodded his head in respectful understanding. "I guess we must all take the time to figure out what we want in life.. Did you find the answers you were looking for, before you returned?" He asked, slight concern ringing in his voice as he leaned in a little closer as if she were about to spill a secret. He shook his head and stepped back a little. "Sorry! I shouldn't be soo nosy, forgive me." He murmured, feeling a bit embarrassed that he had allowed his curiosity to get the better of him and his manners.

When Inna admitted to knowing little about Whitestone Monadnock, Lorcan let the chance to offer her more information pass by. Name and general location - that was all he had been instructed to offer if need be, apart from that, everything else was a well guarded secret. Part of his wondered why all the details about the pack were a closely guarded secret.. Were there other wolves out to get them? Lorcan was clueless, but he figured the rules outlined by Craw and Morganna were there for good reason. However, he was able to answer Inna's question. "N-no.. I'm actually a healer." — Lie. Training to be a healer, actually. — "But I suppose you could say I'm an unofficial scout. Scout or not, I believe everyone must be there for their pack." And that was no lie.

Lorcan couldn't help but laugh when he noticed, Inna too, had managed to get guts and blood strewn across her face. Subconsciously licking his lips, and he looked at the red spots that dirtied her smooth dark face. But he said nothing and instead continued to happily crunch and chew on his half of the rabbit, finally working his way up the rabbits spine so that just the head remained. Throwing it softly, Lorcan caught the a single long ears between his jaws and continued gnaw on it contentedly, savouring the last scraps of meat before he flung the skull to the gathering ravens.
(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2016, 02:27 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna felt there wasn’t any reason that she shouldn’t have any reason to not be proud of her pack, they were a good pack with good leaders and it was a home for everyone that was a member. She thought it strange when he stated that he hadn’t met any other Hearthwood River wolves until she remembered that he’d only just become a member of his pack. “I’m sure you will have the opportunity to meet more of us in the future,” she stated confidently. After all she was sure that some of her pack mates would venture into the lowlands at some point. Lorcan had also spoke of a conversation between their pack leaders which she was curious about though she didn’t voice that curiosity. He also didn’t remember her leader's name which Inna was sure that it had to be Lachesis since her father had been sick for some time, “Perhaps they were discussing an alliance or something of that nature?” She suggested. She nodded at his comment about living beside the river, “It is very peaceful there and I think that it’s where my pack feels most at home.”

She did give him some information to explain her absence from her pack for the short time that she had been gone. As he spoke she felt that he didn’t see anything wrong with going out on her own to figure things out. It made sense to her after all it seemed all of her siblings seemed to have done the same thing too. “I think we do, being on your own helps give plenty of time for thinking. I think I figured out most of my questions anyway what I didn’t figure out on my journey I figured out when I returned.” Inna then smiled at him apologizing for being so nosy, “No, you’re fine I truly I don’t mind. It’s actually helping me think that it was the right decision.” Something she had been worried about after returning and finding that her father hadn’t gotten better.

Inna was very curious if he was a scout because it was what she had decided to do within her pack and she thought that perhaps he might have some advice to give. If not that then maybe he could tell her what to expect. Now that Naia was no longer with the pack she wasn’t sure who she could talk to. That news had saddened Inna quite a bit, she had learned so much from the scout and had hoped to see her upon her return but that wasn’t meant to be. “Well that is certainly an important role to have but I expect very demanding and a little scary at times.” She thought of Lachesis when Lorcan mentioned he was a healer. “Unoffical is still the same thing right?” He did the job but he didn’t have the title, it sounded good at least.

Inna hadn’t seen the point of cleaning the rabbit off her face when she would most likely get some more on her as she ate anyway. The ebony youngster had started in on her rabbit by pulling some of the meat off the bones when Lorcan had started on his end. Though she had meant the creature for her pack she thought that it was nice to be sharing with someone who she thought could be a friend.

(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2016, 06:34 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan nodded when Inna suggested that he’s likely have the chance to meet other river wolves in the future, unsure of how to respond. Inna seemed nice enough, but he felt a slight pang of unease as judging the entire pack by one single member. As long as the river wolves brought no harm or trouble to Whitestone Monadnock, Lorcan would be willing to befriend them. In response to her question, Lorcan’s dark charcoal lips twisted in thought. “Perhaps...I’m not too sure, but it would make sense with the pack’s being in close proximity.” He contemplated, before twisting his head up as he mentally made a note to ask Craw or Morganna about it later.

At home most? Did the pack not always live by the river?” He was curious, having never personally heard of an entire pack moving location, except from in exceptional circumstance such as natural disasters and food shortages. A small smile graced his features as Inna explained that she had found the answers to most of her questions, meaning that her trip away from the pack had been worthwhile. “Pack life is easier, I think. Plus it’s always nice knowing that you’re never truly alone…and you have a purpose, to be a part of something.” His voice cracked a little as he tried stop his emotions from spilling to the surface. He had never felt wanted until joining Whitestone Monadnock.

Lorcan chuckled when Inna suggested that the healer role could be scary. “Sometimes, but you just have to try and remain calm and think logically, despite the chaos.” He replied, smiling. He rolled his shoulders, feeling a little awkward when Inna suggested that he may have been just as good as a scout. “I guess, but I imagine official scouts are a lot more skilled than I am. They’ve had all the training, whereas I’m…just going by instinct I suppose.” He turned his golden gaze to Inna, trying to take the attention away from himself for a moment. “What about you, which role do you have your heart set on?” He asked, watching her eat her half of the rabbit as he sat quietly, having finished his meal.
(This post was last modified: Sep 14, 2016, 03:35 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

In thought that it would only be natural for some of the river wolves to travel into the lowlands in search of food at times. Lorcan having only joined his pack a short time ago just meant he hadn't had the chance. Still there was that curious conversation between Lachesis and Lorcan’s alpha. Inna was curious and wondered if she should ask her alpha or not. She didn't want to come off as nosy but she also though she has some right to know. Inna nodded when Lorcan stated that her suggestion would make sense, “And as far as I know there isn't any bad blood between the two packs.” Of course she’d been away so it was possible there was and she didn't know it.

Inna let her gaze drop to her paws when Lorcan repeated her words, she wasn't sure she should have said that. Still the cat was out of the bag she supposed. “It did,” she admitted quietly, “It was before I was born,” she added. Inna wasn't sure how much more she should say about the move so she left it at that for Lorcan to interpret how he wanted. She didn't know how much the other packs might know about her pack moving but she thought some of them had to know. Inna nodded in agreement about pack life being easier. “It is a lot easier having a pack around you and a purpose within it. There is also family which was one of the main reasons I returned, I missed them too much to be away from them any longer.” she didn't think she could ever leave them or the pack again.

“I think if I were in such a situation I might panic and not be able to do what was necessary,” said Inna only half joking. She might not fully panic but she didn't think that she would do very well at all. “Not to mention there's remembering all the plants and what they do.” Inna shook her head at the thought, she didn't think she would be able to do that. “I was considering being a scout” she admitted a little sheepishly. “I think it would be the best role since I like exploring and and meeting new wolves.” Inna knew she still needed to speak to Lachesis about it but with her just returning and her father still sick she thought it best to let a little time pass.

(This post was last modified: Sep 15, 2016, 01:30 AM by Inna.)