544 Users Online
Bing, Google

Fieldtrip — Clandestine Brook 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
@Lorcan

The agouti male and healer in training had been on Emrys’ mind a lot lately. He wondered how he was doing in his training of the healing arts or if he might need any help. It was due to these thoughts that Emrys had decided to make his way back down to the lowlands in search of the fellow. He also thought that they may be able to go on a plant hunting expedition where the healer might be able to answer any questions that his former patient might have. Emrys also wanted to see what he might know about poisonous plants since they were a very important part of healing. He wouldn’t want Lorcan to not know about them and something go terribly wrong.

It had taken a little time to get to the lowlands but with fall on it’s way the weather was cool and sunny. There was also a small breeze that would ruffle the fur on the healer’s back every so often. He traveled at a comfortable lope the entire way until he finally reached the lowlands where he stopped and raised his muzzle into the air to call for his former patient. Emrys hoped that Lorcan was in the area since he had a lit he wanted to go over with the agouti male. He was rather looking forward to being able to share the information with the man, it wasn’t often that he had that sort of opportunity.

(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2016, 07:12 PM by Emrys.)
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
A howl had greeted him that morning, to the subordinate’s surprise.

Russet ears perked up as he listened to the call and his head tilted in familiarity. That voice, he recognised it, but who would be calling him out to the lowlands so early in the day. Bowing down into a long stretch, Lorcan loosened up his muscles before tiptoeing quietly out of the main pack den. Sunlight greeted his golden gaze and his onyx lashes fluttered beneath the bright light.

Stepping out to the edge of the monadnock, his gaze trailed curiously along the edges of the pack boundaries and upon spying no one, searched out further across the lowlands. There, a stark white figure lingered hauntingly upon the moss laden heath. Emrys? A sniff was given to the breeze to confirm it. Tail wagging eagerly, remembering the healer’s kindness, as he shuffled excitedly on his paws, Lorcan quickly trotted down the path to the lowlands and breezed past the marked borders.

Only once he had positioned himself a fair distance away from the monadnock did Lorcan stop within the lowlands to return the howl, a loud yip given at the end in happy greeting. Following the healer’s scent in the breeze, Lorcan keenly trotted his way towards the alabaster male, keeping his tail neutral as he moved in to greet him with a bump on the side. “Emrys, it’s good to see you again. What brings you out to the lowlands?” He asked cheerfully, stepping back to stand in front of the talented loner.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

After calling for Lorcan once he reached the lowlands Emrys realized that he wasn't exactly sure where the agouti male lived within them. Not knowing how long it might take for his former patient to appear the healer sat back on his haunches to wait. He was looking forward to the outing he had planned and hoped that his friend would be willing to travel the distance required. The place that he had in mind had plenty of plants for them to go over. There were non-toxic and toxic ones as well as this would give plenty of opportunity for learning. If he was going to help Lorcan Emrys wanted to do a good job in teaching him what he knew.

The weather seemed promising as well for their journey which pleased the healer. He still glanced up at the sky to ensure that he was correct in his predictions of course time would tell if he truly was correct. When he looked back across the lowlands he noticed movement that soon proved to be Lorcan coming across the lowlands in his direction. Immediately he rose to his feet to greet the male. “It's good to see you as well,” he stated when the agouti male reached him. “It seems you have healed well.”

As for why he had come into the lowlands Emrys thought he should explain so Lorcan would have the whole picture to make his decision on. “I came to find you. I thought we could travel south to a place where I know of a few species of plants to grow. I thought you might be interested in seeing them and learning about any you might not know? However, you should know it's a couple days travel, I'm not sure if you would want to travel that far.” It didn't hurt to ask and not that he had Emrys waited patiently for Lorcans answer as to whether he would be coming along or not. The healer thought it might be a nice journey for both of them and especially a good opportunity for the agouti male.

(This post was last modified: Sep 16, 2016, 03:28 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan greeted Emrys with a smile and a nod as he approached, excited to see the healer again. However, when the alabaster male commented on how well he had healed from the bee stings, the agouti male’s expression shifted awkwardly and his golden gaze dipped to the floor, ashamed. “Yeah, the stings have healed up great, thanks to you.” He chimed, trying to sound positive. “But…I got into a scuffle a few days after I last saw you..” He admitted, tail swaying limply behind him in embarrassment. “..And ended up with this.”

He turned to the side to allow the bite mark to his thigh that were still sore and healing. Fur matted across the wound and dried blood stained the area where it had repeated scabbed over and re-opened over time. Whilst the wound was getting smaller, it was taking longer to completely heal due to its location. Lorcan had done his best to ignore it over the past few weeks, not wanting the injury to disturb his daily antics. But now with Emrys around again, he considered it best that he let the experienced healer take a quick look at it. “I’ve tried applying pineapple weed and yarrow paste to it. Is there anything else you can think of that may help?” He stated, wondering if the alabaster male had any better suggestions.

When Emrys explained why he had called for him, Lorcan’s golden eyes lit up in childish excitement. Of course he wanted to go! Lorcan beamed a smile back at him, his tail wagging eagerly. “I don’t normally leave the pack for such long periods of time, but this would be an educational trip that may one day benefit the pack as a whole..” He tilted his head to one side in brief contemplation, even though secretly he had already made up his mind. “I’m sure my alphas would understand.” He stated positively, with a cheeky grin before his gaze flickered back around to his injured leg. “But we might have to take it a bit slow. I don’t want this getting any worse.” He admitted sheepishly.

“Lead the way, Emrys.” He yipped enthusiastically.
Healer practice post 1/6
(This post was last modified: Sep 17, 2016, 09:00 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys smiled when Lorcan appeared, he was glad to see the male up and about especially since he had some bruised ribs. He was also looking forward to spending some time with a fellow healer and being able share some of his knowledge. He felt that that was what they should be doing, sharing information despite them being in different packs or not. “I’m glad to hear it, and your ribs how are they doing?” He asked curiously wanting to make sure they were in fact doing well. Emrys’ brow did raise when Lorcan spoke about getting into a scuffle and was worried what might have happened to make his former patient to act this way.

When the healer saw the bite mark on Lorcan’s thigh he became worried that it might be infected since it still looked like it might be open. He reached his nose out to sniff the wound to check to make sure that it wasn’t infected, it would be a much more serious problem if it were. He also listened to the treatments that the the agouti male had put into place. “The Yarrow is good, it’s probably what has kept the infection away. There are two plants that I can think of though one is on the Mountain and the other is in Blackberry fields.” If Lorcan did agree to the journey they could pass through both places to gather the two plants that they would need to help Lorcan’s wound.

After waiting for his friends response he was worried that Lorcan might not come along since it was such a far journey. His ears perked up though when he spoke about it being an education trip and the leaders would understand. “I’m very glad that you are willing to come. We can take it at whatever pace you are comfortable with.” Their journey could take a little longer than planned but Emrys didn’t want Lorcan to over exert the leg that the the wound in it. “We can stop by Blackberry fields to find the Golden Rod that should give that wound some relief and help it to heal.”

(This post was last modified: Sep 17, 2016, 12:06 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Emrys next turned his attention towards his ribs and Lorcan nodded, breathing a dramatic sigh in and out so that his chest expanded and relaxed fully beneath his agouti fur. “They’re fine, just a bit sore for a few days after the incident, but it doesn’t bother me anymore.” He explained, assuring the alabaster healer.

As the subordinate mentioned the scuffle, he noticed Emrys’ brows raise which immediately caused a pang of shame to stir in his stomach. Shuffling awkwardly on his paws, worried that his well-mannered image had been tarnished, Lorcan’s golden gaze dropped solemnly to the floor and remained there, as he proceeded to stare distantly at a small speck of fire-ash that had settled upon the moss-laden heath. Somehow I managed to get on the wrong side of one of the locals…I still don’t really know how, but, he just…flipped out.” He glanced up to meet the healer’s icy blue stare. “I h-hope you don’t…think any less of me now.” and with that he stooped low to the ground, thick tail curling tightly beneath him as he whined for forgiveness.

Rising up slowly, Lorcan stretched his rear leg out to the side and remained perfectly still and allowed Emrys to step in for a closer look. As the healer sniffed at the wound, the cool and hot air which touched the open sore caused it to itch. His leg spasmed involuntarily to the irritation and the thick fur along his neck bristled as a cool shiver crept up his spine. “Sorry..” He murmured quietly as he turned his head around to try and read the male’s facial expression for some kind of indication for the bite’s seriousness.

To Lorcan’s relief, the male suggested that his yarrow paste treatment had most likely kept infection at bay. His tail swayed contentedly to the positive news, but his the corner of his charcoal lips tugged into a half-sheepish grin. “Ah, I wasn’t sure which plant would be better. So I just used both.” He admitted, chuckling half-heartedly, before he mentally noted down the location of a more suitable plant for the wound. “Right. What plant would that be?” He asked curiously, hoping for some kind of description or at least a name.

The idea of claiming it to be an educational trip seemed to sit well with Emrys and Lorcan smiled mischievously as he noticed the white male’s ears perk up in interest. It was settled then, they would travel south together for a day or so and Emrys would give him some lessons in herbology along the way. Lorcan was grateful for any opportunity to prize out some knowledge from the alabaster male. Moving to stand alongside the fellow healer, Lorcan allowed Emrys to lead the way towards the blackberry fields. “When we get there, will you show me what to look for?” He asked, almost pleadingly as he trailed at a comfortable pace behind the male as they exited the lowlands.
Healer practice post 3/6

# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Lorcans ribs had been a big concern for Emrys so he was very happy to see that the agouti male was able to expand his fully without any pain. “That is very good news, I was worried that they were injured worse and it would take longer for them to heal,” he admitted.

The mention of a scuffle which had caused the bite wound on the males thigh had piqued Emrys curiosity. He wondered what Lorcan could have gotten into a scuffle about and what could cause the males change in demeanor when asked about it. With ears perked he listened as the situation was explained to him. When Lorcan had finally finished his story Emrys shook his head, “Of course not,” he assured his friend, “Things happened and you have to defend yourself if necessary.” The Healer wouldn't expect anything less of any wolf who was in a situation where they needed to defend themselves.

What was more important at that moment was looking the wound that was on Lorcan’s hind leg. However, while Emrys was scenting the wound for signs of infection Lorcan’s legs spasmed indicating it was still rather sensitive. “Don’t worry about it,” he commented ashe finished up his examination of the wound, “It’s a natural reaction.” Once he had gathered all of the information about the wound that he needed to know what would be needed to treat the wound his mind began going through everything that he knew that he could use and where to get it.

Hearing that the agouti male had already implemented Yarrow was very good news and also explained why infection might not have set in yet. “Something is better than nothing especially with a wound like this. I do think that you should continue the yarrow to be safe.” As long as the wound was still open there was still a chance for infection to set in and Emrys wanted to make sure that didn’t happen. “Well, the in Blackberry Fields is called Golden Rod and the one on the mountain is wormwood. They are both good for helping with wounds like the one that you have. I think they will help in speeding up the healing.”

They had both decided that calling their adventure an educational outing which Emrys didn’t have a problem with since that was essentially what their trip was. He felt by helping Lorcan learn about the plants that could be used medicinally he was also helping others. “Of course, its an important part of learning about the plants and telling them apart.” Emrys wanted to help his friend to do his best in the healing arts.

(This post was last modified: Sep 22, 2016, 02:25 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Emrys’ concern for his health and welfare was welcomed by Lorcan; it felt nice to know that someone besides his pack mates was concerned about how he was doing. He smiled hesitantly, feeling a little self-conscious but simultaneously grateful about the acknowledgement of his ribs. The subordinate inwardly sighed in relief when the alabaster male shook his head and confirmed that his impression of him had not been tarnished because of the scuffle and that Emrys understood that he had needed to defend himself from the attack. “Yeah…although I’m not sure I did a very good job of it.” His golden eyes were cast down to his thigh before they shifted again to settle awkwardly on the ground – all he had managed to do was slap Askan in the face.

Once Emrys had finished inspecting his wound, Lorcan listened carefully to his advice. It seemed using the yarrow had been advantageous, the pineapple weed not so much, but that was the only way he would learn – through trial and error, and by taking advice from more knowledgeable wolves like Emrys of course. The subordinate was curious to know what this other plant was that the alabaster healer recommended and when Emrys explained to him about it, Lorcan listened eagerly with his russet ears pricked up in curiosity. “Goldenrod. Right.” He repeated, trying to remember the name for later – and with that, Lorcan began to follow along beside Emrys, only falling behind occasionally when his wound grew tight and irritable, at which point Lorcan would quickly lick at it to keep it clean.

As they journeyed, Lorcan took the opportunity to ask the male a few questions. “So…why are you not part of a pack? You’re the most skilled healer I know of around here.” He grinned, bit his question was serious, why had Emrys not been snapped up by now? After a few moments he asked another question, unable to silence his curiosity. “And, how do you know soo much about plants? Did you have a teacher?” In some ways Lorcan was envious of the alabaster male’s skills and he was determined to one day be just as knowledgeable.

_______

5 days later...

Days had passed by seemingly quickly, with Lorcan filling the time spent travelling with one question after the other. He enjoyed talking with Emrys, although occasionally the subordinate did fall quiet for an hour or so, so that he did not grow to irritate his companion. Their nights had been spent curled up beneath any available tree that provided enough shelter and a large enough canopy to protect them should the weather turn sour.

It was late one morning when Lorcan noticed they were heading towards a large area of grassland dotted with what seemed to be fruit bushes, which he naturally presumed were the blackberries. “Is this it, Blackberry Fields?” He asked, head tilting to one side and his tail wagging is puppy-like excitement, desperate to know that they had arrived at their first destination after all those days spent walking. “I’m guessing we are looking for a yellowy-gold coloured plant?” He grinned, before his golden eyes squinted in search of it.
Healer practice post 5/6

(This post was last modified: Oct 03, 2016, 02:35 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Being able to check up on one of his patients was something that Emrys didn't normally have the chance to do. So being able to see how Lorcans injuries were coming along after some time was a nice change. The healer was pleased with the results and to see that despite not having the resin that would have help hadn't had a negative effect. The worry that Lorcan had about Emrys’ view of him due to the scuffle was...perplexing. Still he'd reassured his friend that nothing has changed. “It may seem that way this time but with time and experience you’ll get better. Besides as bad as this wound seems things could have gone a lot worse.” Emrys was glad it hadn't, he rather liked having Lorcan as a friend.

For the present moment the wound on his friends hind leg was worrisome but the some of that worry had been eased. Emrys believed with the application of yarrow and goldenrod as well as wormwood would help to heal the wound in no time. All they had to do was get to Blackberry Fields where the healer was sure the plant grew. “Yes, and if you're going to be getting into anymore scuffles it will be important for you to know where to find it,” he stated his tone half joking. They didn't waste anymore time, Emrys led the way to Blackberry Fields with Lorcan beside him. There were a few times his companion fell behind and the healer would slow his pace to allow him the time he needed.

Emrys knew their journey would take some time and he expected some questions to be asked. The ones that Lorcan asked him though weren't expected and ones not often asked. He let his gaze fall on his companion for a moment, “I was born a loner and made the choice to continue as one.” He stopped his explanation there until he heard Lorcan’s reaction since he felt a little unsure of things in his life and didn't want to lie to his friend. As for the next question it was a little easier, “I learned most of what I know from my mother. She taught me all that she could before she had to leave.” Emrys was thankful to the gift his mother had given him before she had been taken from him. Without the knowledge she had given him he wouldn't have been able to help those he had like Lorcan.

The journey had been a long one with a lot of talking and getting to know the agouti male better as well as nights spent curled under trees to keep warm. None of it was new for the healer but having a companion along was a nice change of pace.

When the sight of the familiar blackberry bushes had finally come into view telling Emrys they had finally reached their first destination. He nodded at Lorcans question, “Indeed it is, all we have to do now is find the Goldenrod.” Emrys knew there were two other species of yellow flowers in the area from his previous visit with Jynx. “Yes, it has small yellow flowers with green leaves and stems. It's also kind of woody,” he described for Lorcan to help him know what they were looking for exactly.

(This post was last modified: Oct 03, 2016, 02:49 AM by Emrys.)