1,081 Users Online
Claw, Bing, Juniper, Apollo, Google, Vasco

pumpkin spice — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
For @Inna

The air was crisp – autumn had fallen upon them, and the leaves were beginning to turn brilliant shades of reds and golds. The sight never failed to instill a sense of awe to her – but somehow it felt emptier this year without Maksim by her side. Grey clouds hung above – an indication they were likely to get rain, and she wondered how swiftly the temperature would change and the snow would come.

It always came sooner than they ever anticipated.

It had been a terrible time for Karina to pull yet another one of her stunts – taking her young child in to the oncoming winter months, abandoning two of the others at Hearthwood River. As much as worry pulled at her for both her daughter and granddaughter, there was a sense of finalization to her grey daughter’s recent decision – the last straw for the Baranski family.

As she neared the rushing waters of the river for the namesake, the golden woman gave a light shake of her pelt. She was thin still – but she was eating now, and attempting to gain energy back once more. A journey would be in order for her – she needed to seek out her family in Oak Tree Bend before the winter months. But for a stolen moment now, she would take the solace of her home, and hopefully find some inner peace.

Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

So much had changed in Hearthwood River since her return, mainly the majority of her family had left for one reason or another. Some time had passed since her father had left and Inna still found herself struggling with it. Though her days weren't completely spent by the river recently a large portion of them were. The sound of the rushing water had become something of a comfort to her allowing her to get lost in her thoughts in her attempts to process all that had happened. Sometimes her thoughts drifted to what might happen in the future.

Laying on her side on the bank of the river she watched lazily as a red leaf drifted down to the surface of the water before it floated down stream. Inna had been aware that Autumn had fallen across the land which meant she wouldn't be able to spend her days by the river once winter had set in. As of late she'd been starting to slowly get back to her duties but sometimes she had to wonder why.

The scent of her mother, one she could never forget, reached her nostrils causing her to raise her head. The ebony girl had been worried about Kisla since her father's passing but Inna had started to understand grieving was a personal thing. Slowly she rose from her resting place not far from where she rested on the bank. She then made her way towards her mother, greeting her by brushing her muzzle along Kisla’s. “I hope you're doing better,” she stated, “And I’m sorry.”

Inna was sorry she hadn't been around more to help her mother through this difficult time.

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 05:31 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: added in </div>s )
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Inna found her – one of the more welcoming presences in Hearthwood River, though there were only a few of them now. The winter months would be hard, and as her ebony daughter swept forward with the grace of youth, Kisla tipped her own muzzle forward, acknowledging the girl’s affections with the brush of her own muzzle. Lingering for a moment, intaking the scent of her remaining daughter, the golden she-wolf finally pulled back, her green eyes bright as they studied the girl. “For what?” The apology seemed misplaced, and concern found its way to the mother’s features.

She shifted her weight then, her gaze studying the Baranski girl before drifting toward the borders, realizing this would be the perfect time to tell her swarthy daughter of her plans to travel to Oak Tree Bend. With her nose tipping forward to brush Inna’s cheek once more, Kisla cleared her throat. “I will be traveling to Oak Tree Bend in a few days – I hope to update them on the current happenings of Hearthwood River, and the recent banishment of Kjors within our ranks. They’re not just my family – they’re our allies.” She paused then, her muzzle tilting slightly. “I’d invite you to come, dove, to meet your extended family. But Lachesis will need you here.. our numbers are low and the puppies need to be trained to hunt. They need to be taught about winter.. and everything else.”

Coding and image by becuffin
(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2016, 02:40 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The affections of her mother helped to calm some of her guilt of not being there when she should have been. The fact that her mother didn't seem to know why she was apologizing was some comfort as well. Still she felt it necessary to apologize to her mother, the one who'd always been there for her. “For not being there for you when you needed me most,” she explained. Inna feared that her father would be so disappointed with the way things had turned out. Especially with her behavior as of late and possibly before he had left them. She knew she had to do better and her mother's announcement might give her the opportunity to make her mother and father proud of her.

Inna shook her head in disbelief when her mother told her she was going to be leaving in a few days for Oak Tree Bend. Though her reasons were understandable Inna couldn't help the feeling of everything falling apart. she took a deep breath and let it out as much as she felt her world crumbling she understood her mother needed her to be strong for the pack. “When do you think you will be back?” She finally asked after regaining her composure. As for Lachesis needing her help, “I do wish I could come to meet the rest of my family but I do understand the position we are in. It's just I'm not sure I'm the right choice to help Lachesis,” Inna didn't think she had really proven to be the picture of responsibility lately.

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 05:31 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: added in </div>s )

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Inna -- the sole child left in the River that represented Maksim and Kisla's once bright future. The woman studied her daughter, listening to the apology and feeling a swell of emotion within -- she couldn't even count on her fingers and toes how many times she had been left behind and abandoned in the past. "Everyone always leaves," she had cried to her uncle Triell, when she had been about as young as the girl that stood before her. Now, it was only an expectation.

"Not everyone is meant to stay within their birth home," she offered gently, hoping the dark girl did not judge her siblings as such either. Inna, at least, had been one of only three that had bothered to say goodbye. It was the others that hadn't in the past -- Aleksei, Karina -- and it was these two she wondered where she had failed so terribly.

"I'll be home as soon as I can.. but Oak Tree Bend, also as our allies, deserve to know what has become of the River." She paused, releasing a gentle breath. "You will all be fine without me. Aide Lachesis and the pups as much as you can. Prepare for the winter."

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

There was a lot that Inna felt she had a lot to make up for where her family was concerned especially her mother and father.  She didn't think an apology to her would be enough but she was staying in Hearthwood, it would give her the time.  She was glad that Kisla seemed to accept her apology, it helped to relieve some of the guilt she felt about being so caught up in her own grieving.  She hadn't been there throughout her father's illness or after and that was something she would have to live with the rest of her life but right then she made a promise to herself that she wouldn't let herself get so caught up she wouldn't be there for her family.

Inna considered her mother's words which lead her to think of her siblings who had left after Maksim’s passing.  “Do they ever return?” She asked thoughtfully. She had come back but she had seen others come and go from the pack over her life but they hadn't been born there.  It was Lekalta and Orren who came to mind when she thought of them returning. She hoped to see them again some day.

Inna nodded when her mother spoke about the length of her absence from Hearthwood.  “I will miss you but I know you're right they have a right to know.  Perhaps one day we can both go and see them together one day.” Inna did hope to meet her family in Oak Tree Bend one day but her mother made it clear she was needed in Hearthwood.  “I promise to do my best helping Lachesis and the pups as well as preparing for winter while you are away.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 02:24 PM by Kisla.)

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Inna's question sought answers Kisla did not have for her daughter -- for all she knew, Aleksei and Orren had settled themselves down well in a new pack.. perhaps gained a mate and planned a future of pups. It was the natural way of life, and she could not begrudge them that -- though a goodbye would have been nice from her eldest son.  Lekalta, as young as the girl that stood before her, was also likely trying to find her place within the world.. whether that was truly meant to be the River or not was yet to be determined, and the honeyed woman could only shake her head with uncertainty. "Perhaps they will.. but we do not know," she reiterated, her bright eyes studying the girl and wondering if she herself held doubts about staying at home now.

Kisla had once had every intention of remaining in the ranks of her birth pack. But fate had led her to Maksim, and she had fallen in love instead. It was almost impossible to contemplate how her life would have been different at this point -- she could not imagine not having the man in her life at all, nor her children.

"We will visit them one day. You have many relatives within the Lore that would love to meet you," she noted quietly. Triell and Serach would have been overjoyed at the opportunity.. but Hearthwood River could not afford to lose the extra wolf count right now.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It saddened Inna to think that her siblings felt they had to leave Hearthwood, it was their home as it always had been.  Just like it was for her, she hoped that like her they would all decide that it was where they belonged and would return to stay.  She didn't know all of their reasons for leaving and probably never would but she hoped he hey weren't enough to keep them away forever.  Her mother didn't know if they would ever come back and Inna supposed that it was one of those questions that didn't have an answer. She nodded at her mother's words, “Then I guess we wait and hope they will realize they belong here like I did?” It was a statement and a question but like the question she had asked before she didn't know if it really had a response.

Kisla had made her expectations for Inna clear while she was away and the young Baranski would do what she could to make her mother proud.  This was her pack too and now that she was old enough to help out she would do her best though she was disappointed to be left behind.

Her mother however made it clear that one day they would visit her relatives so that Inna could meet them and Kisla was sure they would want to meet her.  “I will look forward to the day I get to meet them, it's important to know who your family is and to be able to have them in your life.” She had learned that during her absence and the thought of having more family in the lore excited her.  She wanted to know more about her family and where they came from.

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 05:32 PM by Sahalie.)

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
One more from you? <3

Inna seemed settled on the topic, and Kisla allowed the topic of the girl’s siblings to drift for now. It pained her to think of the children she bore now being so far from them, but it had happened – wanderlust apparently was hereditary in Indru’s grandchildren. The thought stirred her heart, and her eyes darkened momentarily at the thought of her wayward father.

Biologically, that was all he was. It had been Marsh and Triell that had raised her as father figures – and Corinna had shouldered the responsibility well. How had Kisla herself failed so quickly in life when Corinna had flourished? Had she learned nothing from her mother?

“I wish you could have met your grandmother,” she said suddenly, her muzzle tipping slightly at the topic of the Tainn’s. But Corinna had not been a Tainn – she had been a Donata. And in that moment, the honeyed woman considered changing her name to honor her mother. But she could not abandon her mate’s name.

With the thought of Maksim came his handsome face to the forefront of her mind, and swallowing the saliva that suddenly pooled in her throat as emotion welled up within her, she pushed the thought away – nodding to her dark daughter and forcing a sad smile. “Walk with me before I go,” she murmured, pulling away from their position and stealing a few more moments with her daughter before she would slip away to deliver some of the worst news of her life to her family in the Bend.

sparking up my heart

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health