(See All?) Announcements
346 Users Online
Nash, Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Ozark, Khalon

let the flames begin — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
The revolving anxiety could have been overwhelming, but it dissipated in the midst of Jayse's upbeat energy. The bounce in her step was contagious, and the two of them seemed to bubble their way along. He haulted when they approached what was sure to be the den, watching intently as she made her way up the incline and poked her head inside. As close as he yearned to be, he knew to keep his distance. Sitting slowly, without taking an eye off of her, he cocked his head at the sound of the rustling within. In retrospect it seemed silly that he was as nervous as he was, because now that they were here he was filled with excitement, ready for anything the little ones were going to throw his way.

Perhaps it was the fact that the long walk from the forest membrane was over and the moment of truth was on the cusp, but something about the situation felt like it had come artlessly - like something he was meant or supposed to do. There wasn't anything natural about existing in solitude, which he had done for his own reasons, but this experience had certainly opened his eyes to what he'd been missing.

Kade watched her longingly as she spoke to the mystery pups, hoping they wouldn't be too grumpy after being woke up to meet a stranger. His watch fell to the opening as Jayse cleared the den mouth to make way. His patient gaze would not stray away, not even to her beautiful eyes, as he waited.
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
It would not be, however, the children to first approach the scene, although they might have been taking rest (or playing around) in the den. It was Elettra, her hackles high and her head align with her spine, scrunched back between her shoulders for protection of the side of her neck. She was a medium sized wolf, though not as leggy as her leadess, to appear tall and elegant. She was well rounded, thick at the hips and a broad chest. Not a tank, but a well compact creature, capable of a fight, where she had otherwise been itching one since Borden's disappearance, not to mention the missing of two children- Prosper and Theo, yet to be found.
Her black, silky ears remained back, her milky lips forming a snarl, and a growl would be heard before she made herself visible, moving forth through the cover of the forest and towards the den. "Make yourself known, wolf, and quickly." A rogue so close to the den, she was liable to snap, however, quickly, might her pale gaze turn over Jaysyek and her tail (once lifted high) would lower to be level with her spine in respect, her head lifting slightly and her hackles slowly lowering. "Is he new?" She would question her leadess, if he was a recent member of the pack. As of late, the pack had received two former members (though were not around much to show for) as well as a pale man named Crux (who she had not seen in some time). It seemed just as quickly as the Hollow gained members, they lost them, due to lack of respect for their leader and loyalty to their pack. Elettra Archer's patience was growing thin. Perhaps she was not known for it here, but she was royalty and she demanded better then this of her pack; her family!
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>Jayse heard Elettra before she saw her, and slightly alarmed she quickly stood up taller knowing that she needed to act quickly. The dark coated lady must have spotted her, questioning if this stranger was new. Both ears were perched forward on her white head, and she glanced to the dark wolf. <b>"Elettra this is Kade. And yes, he has said he'd like to stick around. I met him awhile ago, and we hunted a deer, remember I brought some back?"</b> Eyes met the pale silver of the lady, El was likely sizing him up, wondering how long he really would stay because unfortanetly Crux was no longer around. And Jaysyek hadn't really spotted Kiche either, though she felt he had a lot of things to figure out before he could really feel welcome here. She somehow hoped that Elettra would at least give this wolf a chance to shine or fall by his own means. She added the part about the deer to know a lone wolf had let her take what could have fed him for several days. But if Elettra took a while to warm up, Jayse understood. She herself wasn't sure who to trust. Eyes one of blue, and the other gold settled to Kade, <b>"Kade this is Elettra, my dear friend. I don't think any wolf's had a more loyal, fierce, and noble Second."</b> She spoke with sincerety, and truth hoping he would understand just how important Elettra was to her, and this pack.

Her attention went back to the den, and she decided to climb inside to see if their eye were heavier then usual. She softly trodded in, and nudged at each smaller nose, and then licked each one with a quick kiss. <b>"The sun is up, come on there's someone I'd really like you to come meet."</b> She whispered, she nudged Hocus once more knowing he was most likely to stay inside. <b>"You can always come back to bed you know,"</b> she told him, giving him a smile. She waitedt till they appeared to be awake, then headed out once more.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2011, 05:14 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Dreams were of white soft cotton balls falling from the sky. The world was a safe place, and there was nothing to be scared of. She in this dreamland knew this bouncing so high on the white ground in a contest with her siblings even Prosper to see who could catch one. Everyone wad laughing, and happy. She grinned, and her tail wagged at her mother's voice saying something about sleepyheads. She had no idea she was waking up till the edges of her dreams blurred, and she felt a wetness on her head. <b>"No Tris,"</b> she muttered trying to stay with her sweet dreams. When her eyes peeled open it wasn't Trisden it was Mother. She blinked quickly, and let out a sleepy yawn. Ears popped up when her mother explained there was someone she wanted them to meet. Meekly she nodded trying to make her eyes stay open. After a few seconds she pushed up, and didn't look to her siblings. Mom was headed ou, and she wanted to be with her.

At her heals she exited the den. Bright green-yellow eyes blinked at the sun, but she kept close to her mother's side. Soon her eyes found Elettra's familiar face, and then the black and silver stranger. She stared not meaning to but surprised how different he was. She had nothing to say, or really dared speak so she looked to Jayse wondering who this was.
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
It seemed as though he had run through this scene a thousand times in his head; a scene of himself, surrounded by unknown wolves in an unfamiliar place, and his induction into what he hoped to eventually be a new family. His considerations of the possible outcomes spanned the spectrum, from hospitable to hostile, and although he hoped for the best, he knew that entering a new pack on such short notice would not be an easy task. It was not a surprise, then, to hear the rumbling of a threatening growl come from the early morning shadows of the forest. The male’s ears swiveled, tail falling to level below the line of his dorsum. Strangely, he did not look first to Jayse, as he knew that he was in a pack territory, and sooner or later his scent was bound to be discovered by the others; instead, his attention turned to shadows and to the eyes of the Second as she emerged from within them. Elettra Archer was striking—<i>self-entitled, bold, outwardly fearless</i>—certainly more than he had expected all-around, and Kade observed passively as she and Jaysyek interacted.

Following the formal introduction, the dark male was unsure of what step to take next but was aware of the importance of first impressions.<b> “My pleasure,”</b> he spoke softly to the Second, Elettra, his silver eyes gazing openly into hers. Weight shifting away from her subconsciously, he knew better than to come any closer to her at this point, might he unknowingly cross some sort of personal line. The pressure she exerted was astounding, and he could feel his heart pounding against the walls of his chest. He wanted naturally to please them all, and the thought of the possibility of rejection was all the more initiative to do his best.

It was not until a white face emerged from the den that Kade’s anxiety was washed away by hopeful excitement. The cotton-colored pup was beautiful, a resemblance of her mother and at the same time uniquely elegant in her own way.<i> A little princess</i>, he thought. There was a blank look on her face, and he knew that she probably wasn’t sure of him or his reason for being here, so he didn’t waste any time in introducing himself.<b> “Hi, I’m Kade,”</b> he said, a glowing smile poised subtly on his face as he lowered his head to meet her questioning gaze. It took much of his strength to address the pup; he was actually quite shy, and the child’s youthful innocence and quiet manner made his heart skip a beat.

He stood as a newcomer in the midst of the others, hoping silently for their approval. As he analyzed the freightening novelty of it all, he knew that these lives meant the world to Jayse, and considered the fact that, in time, they were going to mean as much to him, too, even if <i>they</i> didn’t know it yet. With a steady heart, the black and silver male anticipated what would come next.
(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2011, 05:37 PM by Kade.)
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Quick as Elettra's hot temper, was as quick as Jaysyek's tongue, speaking on behalf of the new wolf in explanation of what he was doing here. The explanation would further lower the woman's hackles, leaving her body to yield of it's defensive, though it did not lower her suspicion. She would watch him closely around the still young pups and would not expect anything of him, as many wolves had failed the Hollow before. ”I do...” She would mumble in mentioning of the kill and how it had done well to help supply food for the pack, mainly that of children. Shifting her weight, the woman would come nearer, tail lowering on the while as she made way towards Jaysyek's side as she spoke her little introduction of Elettra. Her tail still low in respect for her leadess, her head would be held high in pride as she looked over the wolf. He was of an average size for a man though because of this, slightly larger then she. But much of their physical qualities were the same; a pale, silver/gray gaze, black mainly, with hints of grays and silver (gold even on El's part) and in the still light of day, Elettra would take note of his various nicks and scars he held, much as her own which were mainly hidden by her plush, think coating. “Elettra Archer.” She would correct formally to the Kade, who would know her by her full (and royal) name, as well as her qualities in which her leadess had already announced.
It is around this time, that one of the children emerges, sending Elettra's gaze into the direction of the den, eyes upon Arlette where a fleeting softened gaze would be offered before back to the new male. She would lower her head ever so slightly, taking a moment more to observe him before speaking. "You look stressed." She spoke, matter-of-factually. "I have something for that." And with that, the woman trailed off, turning around the small knoll in which the main den rested. Her own space was not far, not even a minute's walk as she had built in herself close for reason. In her mouth, she would retrieve a few bits of plants before making her way back quickly and, settling the plant at the seemingly nervous male's feet. "It's Thyme." But other then this, little explanation was offered, for it was up to him to risk the chance in trusting her or not when it came to consuming what could be an unknown plant for him.
Played by Siki who has 152 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
<blockquote>It wasn't quite so fun being on the receiving end of a premature wake-up call, but Trisden conveniently overlooked that fact as her mother roused her to consciousness. She faintly registered the extra encouragement offered to Hocus - and even in her sleepy state, she smirked slightly - before yawning, nodding to her mother to confirm that she was awake, and only then did the incentive sink in.

Someone to meet?

She was instantly alert. The idea of encountering a wolf who was not amongst the few that she had known from birth was a very big deal, because Trisden did not often stray far from her home, and strange wolves tended to have the sense not to stray too close. Excitement peaked, for who could her mother possibly want them to meet that she didn't already know? It wasn't like Jaysyek to bring back loners at all.

Trisden watched as Arlette followed meekly after their mother, but Trisden hung back for a few moments, illogically anxious. It was a big deal, and Trisden wasn't sure what to make of it, and she didn't like being in the dark. Hopping over to Hocus, Theo yawning and stretching behind her, she prodded him with her nose and whispered, <b>"what do you think this is about?"</b> before turning to listen to the voices outside, that of an unknown male named Kade and then the more familiar Elettra, who, Trisden noted with primal glee, made no qualms about having her name known in full, as was only right.

Not waiting any longer for her brother, Trisden approached the den, peeking out for a moment before boldly stepping out. She did not stick to her mother's side like Arlette, and rather chose to stand just to the fore of her parent, a second protective element, just like Elettra. She eyed the grey-flecked stranger up and down critically, making no pretences as to what she was doing, and found little to negatively judge. Casting a brief questioning glance back to her mother, the young girl lifted her nose and addressed this male - this Kade - directly, mirroring Elettra's formal superiority rather effectively. <b>"Trisden Lyall,"</b> she said by way of introduction, her tone conveying all the importance of the name. Once upon a time she would have said 'and don't you forget it', but now, a <i>slightly</i> subtler Trisden was capable of communicating that with a calculated look.</blockquote>
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
<blockquote><i>eh...I'l just play Theo here for the sake of it...and I'll asume Hocus stays asleep for the time being. 8)</i>

It was not her mother who spoke first, it was the stranger. Lettie didn't mean to flinch, but she did when he spoke his name. Kade. She muttered it quietly under her breath, softly nodding her white head. It didn't explain everything, yet she could not resist his bright smile. Slowly a meek one curved her lips upward, while her tail gave a slight wiggle behind her. Then her yellow eyes looked at his silver, and black coat...then meet his which were well they were like Elettra's in a way, but appeared entirely different. She had her brows pressed down, clearly intrigued, gazing at his features.

<b>"Hi, Im Lettie."</b> She finally managed to say in the softest of tones, it might have been to soft to hear. Elettra appeared well different, and Lettie watched her for a minute wondering where she was going, she was quick to return with something for him to eat. The girl watched, interested if he would are eat it. She hoped it was something to help him, she wouldn't think Elettra would give him something gross. Before she might ask about it her sister came striding out. Lettie took in a deep breath at her mild copying of Elettra, wondering what else she just might say. She slowly let the air out, reminded mom was here so Trisden couldn't get into trouble...could she?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theo had felt his mother, and was quick to open his eyes. He was slow to actually get up though, watching as Trisden came over, asking him what was this all about. He shrugged his shoulders, and then took a moment to let his senses awake. Once he felt blood poor back into his limbs he hopped out next wondering what all the fuss was about too. He had heard Trisden's introduction, and was determined to do the same as she. He walked to stand beside Tris, but did not look at his mom, nor his sister instead he gave a questioning stare to the male. <b>"Theodore,"</b> he spoke in a bold tone, then inquired,<b>"You going to stay?"</b></blockquote>
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
[OOC: kind of short, considering the circumstances. Didn't want to keep you guys waiting :)

<b>“Elettra Archer, I apologize,”</b> he said as he thoughtfully incorporated her correction into his repertoire of new social skills. The male tried not to flinch as she carefully looked him over, hyperaware of his own flaws, until the sleepy children began to surface from their position, nestled in the den.

There is certainly nothing more humbling than the limited inhibition of children, and the male was reminded of this as the pups emerged one by one, each with their own individual looks of surprise or confusion. A grin of genuine enjoyment was plastered to his face as he studied the ways that their though processes were outwardly expressed through their facial expressions, mannerisms, and tones. It was clear that they were all skeptical, and although this was expected, the degree of the pack's collective insecurities was alarming. The painful look of despair that resonated in Jayse's eyes every now and then was apparent in the eyes of the children as they questioned him and the length of his stay. What happened to them? To all of them? What was the basis of their doubtful undertone? He realized, sadly, that as he stayed at their sides, in time he would know why.

<b>"I am pleased to meet you, Trisden Lyall,"</b> he replied kindly to the girl, ears forward, who was quite mature as she introduced herself confidently. She was a leader in the making, he thought, and was very impressed by the way she confronted him with no hesitation. It was apparent that Elettra Archer, even with her hard exterior, was a notable role-model, as the pups mimicked her well and looked to her often. It was not until after his acquaintance with the eldest Lyall pup that the cream-colored pup, first from the den, spoke up. She seemed reserved, dwelling on the meaning of his abrupt appearance in the forest and observing astutely. Although she was hesitant to speak initially, her sister’s courage seemed to give her an initiative to introduce herself. She was soft spoken, her voice complementary to her fluffy white coat.<b> “I am pleased to meet you as well, Miss Lettie,” </b>he said, his tattered black tail beating gently against the forest floor in response to her own wagging, as he sat before she and her sister.

Another pup emerged from the den, coming to stand beside his sister, Trisden. If the blank stares of the first two children had been scary, the bold and blank stare of the boy was terrifying, as he posed a legitimate question – one that, he felt, everyone wanted to know the answer to. <b>“Theodore, my pleasure,”</b> he said in return, <b>“I am Kade…”</b> Lowering his head so that the boy might be more able to look into his silver gaze, he answered to him reassuringly.<b> “I will stay, and would like to, as long as it’s okay with you all. There’s nothing I’d like more, actually.”</b> The thought of a future with them took his breath away in reality.

His attention shifted from the pups as Elettra Archer returned from the forest, now well-lit by the morning sun. At his feet she dropped an herb, insisting he consume it to relax, and he examined it closely for a moment. Although it seemed strange that she would medicate him so soon after he’d arrived, he felt she was genuine in her concern, and her effort to test his trust. His silver eyes looked to hers, searching within them for malice. Surely she would not kill him yet; they hadn’t even gotten to know each other. For all she knew, he may be an asset to her pack in the coming winter, not to mention he’d probably not have made it here, to this point, had it not be for Jaysyek, and surely the second would refrain from possibly hurting her leader’s friend. To be sure, the male sniffed the plant briefly, checking for an aroma indicative of toxicity. After a moment of hesitation, he consumed the herb, eyes locked to Elettra’s as he chewed and swallowed.<i> Down the hatch</i>, he laughed silently to himself, seriously wondering whether or not he’d just eaten his own death…

Their doubts wouldn't change his intentions or his loyalty, to Jaysyek or to the pack, however. If anything, he wanted to round them all up, nestle them closely, and erase their invisible scars – even those of Elettra Archer, although he was certain that she would royally rip his head off in an instant if he ever tried to come close, emotionally or physically. Kade licked the thyme taste from his lips momentarily before his gaze came to fall upon Jayse and those mis-matched eyes that he adored.
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i> short.. it's just fine allie :)......aw can i just hug Kade now? <3</i>

She noted Elettra's adding her last name, and felt a twinge of guilt she had not said this herself. She supposed it was because she was not one to mention her own last name as she was bordelined to what it should be these days. None the less Kade seemed to do his best to appease Elettra, and Jayse thought him none the wiser.

Lettie on her heels, she held back the urge to introduce her feeling it would be best for her sake to speak up. Smile was offered to Arlette, but nothing more. Kade appeared at the ready, and greeted her with sweet acknowledgement the girl needed. In the very moment there was something that stirred in her own heart, a warmth that had been missing. To little surprise Trisden was next to come forth, and the mother was proud, mixed with a dash of worry at how grown up her daugter was. She could not hide the love in her eyes, nor the fact they were her whole world looking to them like most precious of things. More grin then smile this time, her mis-matched eyes did well to look to Kade, admiration in the depth of her gaze at how well he held himself. There was no doubt she pleased, and relieved not only for her sake but his.

When Lettie spoke up, Jayse was a little surprised, but it only furthered how proud she was. Head titled down, and graced the top of Lettie's head. She did not say anything, though she much felt like bursting with joy. Theo emerged as bravely as Trisden, and when he posed the honest question, she knew where it had come from, and felt no need to tell him it was impolite. If anything it could not be taken back, and everyone did want to know. If Kade answered he would in turn gain a lot of respect not only from her, but likely everyone even if it was no. Softly brows touched, only if in a silent apoligy. The charcoal male did not lose face, it was with the same grace he answered. <b>"I know I would like that."</b> She made sure to add, hoping for no protests or least for now.

A raised brow she noticed Elettra was offering him something for his nerves. This too was a test, and once more the hit of guilt clung to her heart that he had to be put through this. There was no preventing it, and maybe getting it all over with at once would have any doubts about him put to rest. Observing, she was expressionless as he took a moment to look upon it, then downed the whole thing. Jayse already knew she accepted him, it was only what everyone else thought.

When silver eyes met hers she rose from her place and walked over to him with a soft look about her face. Gently she nudged his nape with her nose. <b>"Welcome home,"</b> she said, her white tail swayed behind her. Deciding it best, she sat beside him to further encourage his acceptance into Grizzly Hollow. But when the mother took a head count she realized Hocus was still in the den. <b>"It seems my son, Hocus is...well not exactly a morning wolf, but I'm sure he'll see rise sometime."</b> If he wanted to sleep she wouldn't disturb him any further, as it was best to let hime come around on his own accord.

She took a deep breath, a calm settling within her. One of her prays seemed to have been answered.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]