(See All?) Announcements
547 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'll beg you nice from my knees — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

The name gave him a jolt and he sharply looked at her, his hackles raising in sheer surprise, "A-an… Angier?" His eyes widened in disbelief as her eyes went to their surroundings. Everywhere around them details of the fields were becoming visible as the sky above lightened with each passing minute. Vlar disclosed that she hadn't seen him since the two had come to the borders of Grizzly Hollow and the unkempt fur about his neck and shoulders immediately flattened. She then told him that she was going to hunt and that she promised she wouldn't leave him without saying goodbye.

Before he had any more time to fire off a few more questions, she was gone. He had made to go after her, but after accidentally stepping forward with his fractured left paw, his intention of following was dashed. As much as he wanted to wait for her at the edge of the fields, he obediently stayed atop the rounded peak of Luna Hill, remaining as still and vigilant as a beacon amidst a violent storm, even as the sun began to cast its broad golden rays over the open field.

Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
<P>She moved up the hill, lowering the marmot to rest at his paws before backing away and sitting quietly, looking to the side. <I>"Yes....Angier.."</I> The white female had been..glad to get away from the other wolf - due to his reaction to the others name.. and she was careful to put a measured distance between them...just in case. </P>
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

The sun warmed his tattered pelt, but he did not dare to close his eyes and find any sort of solace in its warmth. He was much too occupied with waiting for Vlarindara’s return. Eventually she appeared and he quietly watched as she made her way back up the knoll, depositing a fresh marmot at his feet. His eyes went back to the ground and he repeated his previous question. "Will you meet up with him again? Angier?" The question sounded bitter on his tongue but he sincerely looked at her to gauge her reply. He was simply curious. After all, some time had passed since he had last seen his brother; perhaps he, too, had changed.

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Oh lawdy...

"I don't know." She frowned at her own feet, remaining quiet for a few moments. "I didn't exactly know him well to begin with... Nor have I seen him since. I doubt there will be those that can deal with my ...disfiguration without disgust...so you've no worries about me meeting up with anyone anytime soon." Vlarindara watched her ex-alpha in silence before she got to her feet once again and took a tentative step towards him. "You should eat... then get home..I'm sure your family is worried for you." The white female watched him quietly before closing the distance and trying to lightly brush her muzzle against his shoulder... a tentative goodbye. "You....know where to find me...should you wish it- I only ask that you..that you don't come for retribution. If revenge is what you wish of me, simply leave me be - I'm sure the winter will claim its own revenge before spring." Truthfully, the large wolf believed she would merely join the list of names that the valley had claimed before spring came.

After all, what room did this world have in a wolf who couldn't even challenge for a rank properly? Couldn't even see to hunt.. Catching the marmot had been sheer luck - and it wasn't even her own meal. Vlarindara shifted her weight and pulled away from the other wolf, taking a few steps towards the base of the hill before looking back at him. " I won't..darken the doorstep of grizzly hollow again...Nor will I cause trouble for you and yours." The knowledge that missing an eye - she wouldn't be cut out for being an alpha either simply bothered her... so she intended to do as she'd done upon arriving in Relic lore...forage for herself and try to survive the winter.

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Borden listened, not interrupting as she told him that she didn't know Angier very well. She also went as far to assure him that she wouldn't be meeting up with anyone… anytime soon because of her disfigurement. Another twinge of guilt pinched at his insides as she told him to eat and head home. He silently nodded; he would do just that after they parted ways. He would do whatever it took for him to get to the heart of Cedarwood Forest. After their meeting came to an end there would be no stopping him in his tracks.

She caressed his shoulder ever so gently, making him tense his muscles for a brief. He shivered and quickly grazed his muzzle against hers when she pulled away. Another dip of his snout purveyed that he would keep her location in mind. "He's a good guy, Angier," he then said evenly, looking to her with a pained smile. "If you ever see him again, please extend my well wishes." He quietly let out a small sigh, "Thank you for the meal, I… I owe you one." Their first meeting came to mind, more vivid than when he last recalled it in the midst of a week-long daydream. "For the record though, you were everything I had wished for and I wish things had worked out between us… Properly." He almost choked on the words and he trembled when he tried to commit her features to memory once more, the old and the new. "If I never see you again… I… just want you to know that I love you. A part of me always will."

A short whimper sounded from his throat to conclude his sentence and, deep down in the caverns of his soul, he ardently hoped that Vlarindara would find the means to make it through the winter.

{presto.}

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: /cries D:

She listened, wondering how he knew Angier, but said nothing, instead chuckling softly at his comment about owing her one. "You've saved my life... more times than I can count.. the way...I see it? I still owe you." The white female felt a flash of pain through her breast when he spoke, fighting the need to go back to Grizzly Holow and just... challenge the current ivory alphess... but she knew.. there was no way she'd win - hell, she'd already tried and been proven that she couldn't harm the bi-eyed wolf.. Eyes closed as she dipped her head lower, glad she couldn't cry. "Too bad..it wasn't enough.." Her tone was quiet... but gentle as she turned away, unable to look at him..lest she do what she was trying hard NOT to do. "You have my heart.. as ...long as you choose to keep it." She swallowed hard, forcing one paw in front of the other. "If you're in the riddle heights... feel free to look me up if you wish.." Before she could convince herself otherwise, the long-legged female took off at a run, foricng herself away form that place.. away from the heartache - and the one she knew would always end up being compared to. No - it was better this way. It truly was...but what would have happened, had she challenged Jaysyek at their initial meeting? Would things have been different? She shook herself of those thoughts and pressed on - heading towards the mountains.. towards her old den. No, it was better this way.

user posted image