(See All?) Announcements
681 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel

They Don't Really Know Me — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Marina who has 189 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Larkspur Ritter
Larkspur was probably a little bit more old fashioned than @Kino would ever be. Heck, everything about their pack-to-be was very unlike what the man was used to. They had their little trio, then also the small girl that lived in the pack south of them. There was probably more, but he'd see them all, sooner or later. And who knew who else would join them along the way. He imagined they'd head south, back closer to Oak Tree Bend, but from then, he wasn't really certain where they'd end up.

"If only you'd known me before my decline," Lark said, offering the boy a crooked smile. It was an odd feeling, having some sort of normal conversation with Alastor. It'd taken a long time for the two to get to this point, and even if it was doubtful the two could have a real friendship, at the very least the two could have a working relationship. That was all that mattered. He just needed Alastor to trust him, if even just a small amount. He had done very little to show that he was all bad, except maybe a rude and/or snappy remark and/or purposely getting in between him and his little girlfriend. But to go out of his way to be bad?

Larkspur hadn't shown that side to anyone.

He stopped as they approached the den. The man's fur bristled for a moment before he looked to Alastor. It would be more typical for him to take care of the thing himself, but somehow he felt that maybe doing something together wouldn't be so bad for either of them. "I'll get it out, you kill it," he pawed at the entrance to the den, claws scraping against frozen ice and soil. He stuck his head in and sniffed, then was greeted by a growl and a hiss. A bark for good measure and the lynx swiped at him. His jaws wrapped around the paw and he quickly pulled it out and tossed it towards the boy.

Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

"If only you'd known me before my decline," the man said and Kino smirked. “Ah yes, stories of an old timer’s glory days,” he mused with a swish of his desaturated tail. The male couldn’t quite picture a different Larkspur than how he was now. Even if he tried to picture him as a pup he couldn’t help but picture a little scraggy white furball with a perpetual frown. It was a strange feeling to think that he had a life before them, so he chose not to think about it at all.

It seemed that the white man was game to do a little lynx snatching which brought a wider grin to his maw. “I’ll get it out, you kill it,” he said and the boy gave a pleased nod in agreement. Good, he got the fun part. Stepping back he lowered his head in a snaking position, watching as his companion did a little nosing around.

A few hisses confirmed that the cat was inside and it didn’t take long for the animal to swipe, giving the pale man the opportunity to snatch its paw and drag it out. The mammal rolled to its paws, swiping and hissing frantically. A low growl rumbled in Kino’s chest, aggravated by the fuss it was making. He swept forward, ramming his large body into the smaller animal. It gave a yowl, writhing on the ground in an attempt to get up. The Lagina child moved toward it, dodging its failing, needle sharp claws. Darting his head forward he closed his jaws around its throat, picking it up a bit and violently shaking it from side to side. Gurgled yowls and growls came forth but after a few moments it ceased altogether. The body was dropped to the ground and he ran his tongue across his maw to rid it of lingering blood. “I saw we head back now, drop some of this off in a few of the caches,” he commented. Once it was agreed he picked the cat up again, dragging it toward the nearest cache.

fade

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2017, 05:13 PM by Kino.)