469 Users Online
Bing, Google

Righting A Wrong — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Ok phew I thought it was all over the place haha

While she didn't want to admit it and was trying her best not to, her teachers words only confirmed it. Her birth family was important however she had to focus on her new family. They needed her more and she couldn't and wouldn't ever leave again. "No I guess you're right. I - I thought I had caught the scent of my older brother while I was out on a patrol. It was silly of me to think it could have actually been him..." She trailed off. She gave her head a shake to rid herself of the memory. She still felt guilt for leaving but she could not afford to dwell on her blood any longer. It was time to focus on the cove wolves and for right now her teacher before her. She could see the supris take over his dark features as he paused a moment to answer her question. So they had a similar story. A friend of his had convinced him to join just as he had convinced the then yearling to join. A smile grew on the dark woman's face as her tail swpet the snow beneath it. "Kind of sounds like how I joined, except we hadn't met before you joined." She gave a small chuckle before another yawn escaped her maw, so much for sleeping in.

Her salmon tounge curled inwards as the yawn was in fully swing. Once it subsided mercury hued eyes refocused on her teacher as he explained he didn't want to lose their friendship. For the young woman it would have to take a lot more than some distance due to a rank shift to cause her to not trust or befriends with the man who had done so much for her. "I think with our friendship as strong as it is it's not going anywhere." She offered hoping it would reassure him. There was a few moments of silence before her teacher offered up some much needed advice. Silver dusted ears lowered against her skull as it too lowered. Her silver gaze adverted down as guilt filled her because she knew he was right. She hasn't been there for her packmates since stepping up. So.other than simply filling the spot she's failed at being alpha. An almost inaudible while left the young woman as she shifted in her spot. "You're so right Kajika. I need to be there for everyone and I haven't, I've failed. While I don't necessarily need or want them to fully accept me because I'm just a place holder I do want them to know I'm there for them." She admitted, her metal gaze lifting to meet his amber one.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No, not at all

While he had been worried that she might not return after she disappeared he also knew she was capable of making her own decisions or perhaps felt Fallen Tree Cove wasn't the place for her. However after she had given him a little more information he felt that she might have some unfinished business. That feeling became more prominent as she explained about her older brother. “Why would it have been silly? You may not have smelled his scent but maybe it was a reminder or something. I think if your family is important to you and you have unfinished business with them you should do what you can to finish it.” It was unlike the situation he had with his family, he had cut ties with them a long time ago and would not be returning, he had a new family now. Kajika also knew that Moonshadow couldn't go chasing her family now as she was needed in the Cove. However, when Namid did take her position back with permission she might be able to go and take care of what she needed to. He smiled at her comment about her joining compared to his. “Yes, it does sound like how you joined,” he agreed, “And even though we hadn't met and been friends before you joined I don't think it matters because we are friends now and neither of us have left for good.” He hoped that Moonshadow wouldn't follow in Des’s footsteps.

Her next statement about their friendship calmed all his nerves about their friendship being over and he felt the same. Kajika nodded at her words, “I feel we have a strong friendship as well and I feel it can make it through a lot. I was just worried you might feel betrayed.” That was one thing he wasn't sure their friendship could make it through but he hoped he hadn't made her feel that way, it hadn't been his intention. He knew now the mistake he made and would do his best to make it up to her. He also felt he shouldn't waste any time either so gave her some advice he felt she needed to hear. “I don't think you should look at it as you failed. I think that you are new to this and still learning and while you didn't let them know before now is your chance and you can make it right.” Moonshadow was young and so new to leading that Kajika felt a little slack was warranted, that she should be given the chance to change things and make them better.

(This post was last modified: Dec 25, 2016, 01:59 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Ok good haha

Unfinished business? She wish she had unfinished business but unfortunately that term was too small to cover her problem. Water began to form in her silver gaze as it moved from her teacher to her paws. She would have given anything to see her family again. To make sure they were safe and sound. However the now lead female no longer had that luxury for she had to put the needs of the pack before her own. Since returning to the cove and almost immediately being asked to step up the dark woman has had to come to terms that her birth pack is gone and won't ever be returning. It wasn't something she wanted to do, lose hope, but its what had to be done for her own sanity and for the better good of the pack. "I'm not sure if I'd call it unfinished business. I lost my whole family in a wild fire a few months before my first birthday. I don't know what happened to them but I haven't seen them since." She explained looking back to her friend. She had cleared the mist in her eyes, she couldn't dwell on it any longer.

Kajika spoke of how it didn't matter when their friendship formed because they were both still there with no intentions of leaving. That statement warranted a warm smile and wave of her silver tipped tail. He was very much right. The swarthy man only supported his case when he continued on to say that he too believed their friendship could withstand many trials. "No not at all. If anyone should feel betrayed its you. I'm sorry that I didn't seek you out either. Its more my responsibility as alpha anyways. I hope you can forgive me." She hope he could so that she would know she always had at least one wolf that she could rely on no matter what. Moon was beyond grateful for their friendship. He could always make her feel better. Maybe she was being too hard on herself for he said that she hasn't failed. She's still new to the role and would learn in time. It correlated with what Namid had said when the ebony woman had spoken to her. Maybe she could do this, maybe she wasn't a failure after all. The confidence that her teacher, her co-leader as well as the true queen all began to seep in. Her own self confidence began to grow. 

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

What exactly Moonshadow needed to do where her family was concerned Kajika didn't know but there had to be something. He saw the tears form in her eyes, he became even more concerned about what it might be.  All he could do was guess at what it might be that had her this upset.  Then finally she told him exactly what it was that had happened to her family, she was worried they had died in the fire perhaps? Maybe it was important that she find out if they were okay. He worried that she wouldn't be truly happy in Fallen Tree Cove until she knew but then he worried she would want to go be with them. “I'm truly sorry Moonshadow you shouldn't have had to go through that especially at such a young age.” He couldn't have imagined that was what explained why he had found her and why she still had so much to learn.  “Perhaps, you need to find out what happened to them? Good or bad it would be better than not knowing.” He hoped that they hadn't perished in the fire for her sake but either way she might be able to find some closure.

Even though they hadn't been friends for a very long time he considered her a good friend, one that he would do anything for which was why he felt so guilty about his behavior. He was happy when she had accepted his apology and glad that she hadn't felt betrayed by his not being there when she needed him most.  However it bothered him that she was taking all the blame on herself.  Kajika shook his head at her words, “I will accept that we are both to blame then but I won't allow you to take all the blame because Alpha or not if you hadn't come then I should have.  It's what friends do, check on each other so yes of course I can forgive you just as you have me.” It was only fair since it seemed they were both to blame though Kajika felt he should have been there from the day the rank change was announced. With time he hoped that she would be able to stand in for Namid the way that she wanted.  He knew it was important to her and even though she had been thrust into the position she was the type to do the best that she could at it.

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2017, 03:41 AM by Sahalie.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC!

Her attempt to hide the water in her eyes had been unsuccessful for her teacher had definitely noticed. While she loved her birth family and missed them terribly she knew she had to let them go. It had been almost two years now and she had the cove wolves to call her family. Plus now being lead female she most definitely couldnt be dwelling on the past. She had to let go. She blinked the tears away they had no place here and looked back at his dark features. She gave a meek smile in response to his apology. No she shouldn't have but she did and there wasn't anything anyone could do to change that. “Perhaps, you need to find out what happened to them? Good or bad it would be better than not knowing.” [/font]His words took a moment to register. Find out? How could she possibly do that? Go back to her birth lands? It had taken her months before she ended up in the lore. That would mean it would take twice that to get there and back. She couldn't leave the cove again let alone for that long. She already used her second chance and wouldn't be able to come back. Plus she was alpha until Namid was ready and who knew how long that would take. She shook her head. No she had dealt with not knowing for so long she didn't want to know. What if they were alive and well. How would she be able to leave them again. The ebony woman had already begun to deal with them being dead. It was for her own sanity and the well being of FTC.

"There's no way for me to find out. My birth lands are months away. Which would mean I'd have to leave the cove. I can't do that. This is my home know you and everyone else are my family now. Anyways I'm not sure I want to know what exactly happened." She replied with a sigh. That chapter of her life was over now. She couldn't and wouldn't dwell on it anymore. She stood and gave her pelt a good shake as if to shake all of it away. She sat back down and looked to her friend. A small smile of acceptance formed on her inky lips as he went on to say that they were equally to blame. She could agree with that. His acceptance of her apology warranted her tail to thump happily against the frozen ground. She was thankful to have such a good friend, one that she could trust and that would stand by her through anything. "I can agree with you there. How about we agree to check up often with each other. Just to make sure the other is doin' alright" She suggested with her tail still swaying behind her. It would be nice to have someone looking out for her and to start being more involved with her packmates. Staying secluded wasn't benefitting anyone.

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2017, 03:46 AM by Sahalie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika wished he could do more for Moonshadow now that he knew what had happened to her before coming to the cove. While she didn't have her birth family any longer he was glad that he was able to provide her another. It wouldn't ever be the same for her but he was glad that she wasn't on her own any longer. He was also proud of her for making the most of what he'd given her when he brought her back, she'd made a home in Fallen Tree Cove. So much so that Vespertio had trusted her enough to step into Namid's place until she could get better. Kajika knew Moonshadow couldn't go to find out about her family while she was an alpha but when Namid was better she might be able to get permission to do so. However, he changed that thought when she expressed that she wasn't sure she wanted to know what happened. “I understand. It's a long way to travel and if you think it's better for you to not know then you should stay. I'm glad that you consider us family and I’m glad that you want to stay but if you ever did decide you want to go I would support your decision.”

All his worries and fears about talking to Moonshadow and apologizing to her had really been unfounded and he was glad for that. They had now come to the conclusion that they were both to blame for not communicating with each other since the rank change. He could see that suggesting they both accept the blame had helped Moonshadow to feel better and he hoped he had been able to help her feel better about leading the pack as well. Kajika smiled and gave her a nod, “We definitely should agree to check up on each other. It will ensure that we don't lose contact with each other again.” It would also force them to talk to each other if ever there came a time when they weren't sure of how they were feeling towards the other which it seems was what happened this time.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2017, 11:29 PM by Kajika.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Sorry again for the shortness DX

A pained smile formed on the inky lips at the dark mans words. Not pained due to being uncomfortable, but more like she was feeling down and he had managed to bring a smile to her face. Moon was eternally grateful for not only this mans friendship but also the simple fact of meeting him. He's the one who saved her last winter, gave her a home and a family. The young woman's mind drifted back to her encounter with @Karina and their discussion about the All Mother. Could the goddess truly exist and was this her plan for the ebony she-wolf? She truly hoped so cuz it was going pretty well thus far. Even if the young woman had her reservations about how things happen or why they happen she could at least admit that right this moment things weren't too bad. "Thank you Kajika. That really means a lot to me. Its really nice to know I have someone to count on again." She had been on her own for so long she almost forgot what it meant to be close with someone.

So it was settled they promised to keep regular tabs on each others well being. Her silver dusted tail wagged enthusiastically at the agreement. It would keep her from making excuses and from avoiding others. Her smile broaden at the prosect of having someone check up on her. "Yes it will" she replied with a chirp. "And what do ya say, if one of us is slacking the one has full permission for a surprise attack? Just to keep things interesting" she suggested playfully. This conversation has put her in a much better mood than she's been in a really really long time. Her good mood caused her to be completely oblivious to the very real possibility that her teacher could be put off at such a childish idea. 

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No Worries!

While he hadn't lost his family in the same way that Moonshadow had but he still considered them dead to him so in his mind he'd lost his family too. It was because of that he could in some way understand a little of what she felt but he wouldn't pretend to know everything she was feeling. He wanted to do more for her besides just giving her his condolences but he wasn't sure what else he could do beside just be there for her if she needed to talk. He smiled and nodded, “You're welcome, you can always count on me whatever you need, it's what friends do for each other.” Kajika had already not been there when she needed him and now that he had realized his mistake he wouldn't let her down again. He's the one that brought her to the cove and he was the one that needed to take care of her.

Keeping tabs on each other was an idea that he rather liked, it would keep them from distancing themselves from each other and force them to talk if there was something wrong. It wasn't good for them to keep things from each other, he was convinced of that after going through what they just had. Kajika chuckled at her next suggestion, “Alright, I think that would be a good idea. Keep us on our toes?” said Kajika with a mischievous raise of his brow, “Something like this then.” The beta then rose to his feet and pounced in her direction before jumping back to see what she would do in return.

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 03:01 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: Fixing open bold tag )
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

Her silver dusted tail wagged happily behind her seated rump. She was glad to have someone there for her. The duos relationship was enough for the woman to definitely not need to leave the cove. While she loved her family very much she had to accept that they were gone. Fallen Tree Cove was home now and the wolves within it her family. This is all she needs. "Yes indeed they do" she replied with a warm smile. That smile soon turned mischievious as her suggestion left her lips. Her happiness and mischievousness clouded her judgment that she was acting like a puppy and her company could take it the wrong way. Luckily this wasnt case completely for the dark man chuckled. He agreed to her proposistion and she was estatic. Yes indeed to keep them on their toes yet before she could answer him he moved. The dark woman thought nothing of the beta getting to his feet it wasn't until he pounced in her direction did she react. Quickly she jumped to all fours in surprise. She didn't exactly expect to start right then but she could roll with it. Moon dropped her front end into a playful bow with her tail wagging excitedly in the air. Her mercury pools held a gleam that easily gave away that she was up to no good.

"Mmm ya that works too" she replied with a light laugh. "Buuut I was thinkin' of something more liiikeee..." She pretended to act like she was coming up with an idea off the top of her head. Her silver gaze scanned the shore around them. Not so much as to check to see if anyone was there but more to distract her 'victim' from her impeading attack. Once she made sure his amber gaze followed her own she pounced. "This!" She exclaimed bolting towards him. She jumped on his back in an attempt to knock him over while grabbing for his ear. She let out a play growl as their similarly colored pelts mixed together. It had been a really long time since she's wrestled with anyone. Her older brother might have been the last wolf she played with. It felt exhilarating to let loose and pretend there wasn't a worry in the world.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Ugh! Sorry this isn't the best. I think I need to watch the puppies play more often.

Though his relationship with Moonshadow wasn't the same as the one he'd had with Des he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Sometimes he felt that his friendship to the ebony girl was much closer. He was also glad that even though things had been strained between them that she had been able to tell him about her family and that she seemed to have come to terms with what had happened. Like him she was making her home in Fallen Tree Cove and the wolves within had become her new family. They would of course never replace her birth family but him and the others were now a second family that were just as important. He smiled when she agreed with his statement about friends.

It had been a long time since he had a scuffle but since she had suggested it he didn't see any reason they couldn't start now so he pounced at her. He got the effect that he had been looking for, to surprise her. However it seemed to have also spurred her into action as well which became obvious when she dropped into a play bow.

Kajika watched her closely and saw her eyes scan the shore he let his gaze follow for a moment but just as he did she was bounding toward him and jumping on him. As she went to nip his ear he returned her play growl before leaning his body into hers to knock her off her feet. “I think you have the idea,” he said with a laugh as he bounced back then moved into grab at her neck ruff with another play growl escaping him.

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 05:07 PM by Kajika.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »