(See All?) Announcements
577 Users Online
Google, Bing, Magg

called to the torture — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 497 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
@Gent, primarily, but other WFN wolves are welcome since he's at their borders. Currently expecting to set this shortly before WRF's visit to WM, though depending on how quickly that gets resolved might have to play with timelines a bit. But this only affects Craw, not Gent or WFN <3 Happy to go by the post dates - this is set very shortly after WRF's visit.
Unclear if he would know Gent by name at this point - depends if the thread between @Morganna and Gent is still happening/considered canon? Am happy to amend this post to make any changes as necessary.

It had taken a few long moments to decide whether he would go alone or not. Had Wraith still been at the monadnock, he would have been the instant and easy choice, for the man's effortlessly charming and disarming manner could only have helped in a situation so full of unknowns as this one. He would have been another familiar face, as well, and one which Craw hoped - considering the semi-amenable manner in which the two groups had parted last time, despite the less-than-stellar beginnings - would not be considered antagonistic.

If anything, it was going to be Craw's own face which raised hackles, but since he was one of the two wolves who represented Whitestone, he thought it best to just cut to the chase and go there himself. If it was going to result in backlash then so be it, at least there would be no lingering doubt. This decisiveness carried over into the conclusion that he wanted to go by himself. While this dark leader near the springs to the south was still a massive wildcard, there could not have been a larger disconnect between his attitude and those of his subordinates. While Craw judged the man for his choice in packmates, it was not completely damning; a pack had to do what it had to do to survive, and a few socially challenged wolves could be forgiven if their presence was otherwise advantageous to the pack. Even Craw knew the benefits of accepting those down on their luck and in need of a home. Had the Notch leader behaved any less than he had, he would not have earned this benefit of the doubt.

As a show of respect for this fact, Craw would go visit this pack alone. Had circumstances been worse between the packs, then he would have preferred more a show of force - but something told him that wasn't entirely necessary.

Besides, he was enough of a display of force by himself, just like the black Notch leader.

Pressing through the trees and undergrowth which surrounded the springs, Craw was struck by just how accustomed he had become to the sprawling openness of the tundra. Curling his lip at the sensation of a vine caressing his side, he twitched his flank to shift it and pressed on, the scent of wolves in his nose as his guide. Glancing up, he saw the trees which must have given this pack the inspiration for their name - and the only reason he knew that at all was because of @Lorcan. The memory of the medic telling him about the white fir trees, about their properties, did much to lessen his irritation and replace the sneer with a smile. It was a good thing, too; it would have given the wrong impression to arrive at their borders wearing a grimace.

By the time their markers became too frequent to ignore any longer, and not wanting to risk leaving neutral territory, Craw stopped by their northern borders, unknowingly close to the now-empty bear den which had proven so important to the pack's birth. While he recognised Sylva's scent, he caught no trace of the manchild who had contributed so much to his ill-opinion of this pack. Interesting. Pausing to consider his surroundings, how tranquil and pleasant the territory was despite his lack of familiarity with it, Craw lifted his head to let loose a singular, clear note of invitation to talk, and then he waited.
(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2016, 02:19 PM by Craw.)
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The day had been an early one as they always were for Emrys as he felt there was so much to do and he liked to keep busy. Even as a lone wolf he usually worked from just before dawn to dusk which hadn't changed since he'd become a pack wolf. His hunt earlier had been unsuccessful and left his spirits a little down but he had other things that needed to get done so he hadn't yet had the chance to bring some pretty back. There was still the afternoon hunt that he could change the outcome of the day and he intended to do just that.

The border patrol was what needed to get done, it was something had become quite enjoyable to the healer. It was time he had by himself when he could do some serious thinking of just run through the medicinal plants and what they did so they stayed fresh in his mind. Doing that made it easier to have the knowledge at the ready should it ever be needed in a hurry. Emrys had learned the hard way that he didn't like being unprepared.

He had managed to cover most of the borders quickly enough despite the snow and he’d also refreshed a few markers along the way. While he'd been on the lookout for any intruders prey had also been on his mind. A quick hunt while patrolling would be helpful, by killing two birds with one stone he could possibly bring more back to the pack, as yet he hadn't had any luck.

However, as he came to the northern border was greeted by a call from a wolf at the border and as he neared a familiar scent reminded him of his healer friend Lorcan. When he came upon the wolf it was not Lorcan but a darker scared wolf. “Hello, what brings you to our borders?” He asked cheerfully.

(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2016, 02:40 PM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
@Emrys you're like Craw's personal welcome party wherever he goes and I love it

Ears high and alert for the sound of somebody approaching - not feeling anywhere near as comfortable here as he did when visiting Hearthwood River not long ago - Craw's gaze slipped to the side as he heard footsteps from that direction. From the trees emerged a white man with a friendly disposition and somewhat eerie blue eyes... reminding Craw of the piercing blue of his leader. The spider might have assumed they were related if not for the striking difference in fur colour, but stranger children had been born. The air was heavy with the scent of the Notch pack, a perfume which this subordinate wore just as strong, and it was difficult to extract any more nuanced information from it at this stage.

The greeting was merry, unconcerned, and Craw let it lower his guard just a little. Already it was a more diplomatic welcome than he had received on the other side of the mountain, though he would wait for this wolf's leadership to arrive before properly making that comparison. Tail twitching behind him, kept forcibly low in respect of the fact that this was somebody else's territory (and unlike their shared neighbours, Craw had no problem with their location at all) he tilted his head in curiosity of this Notch wolf, breath rattling quietly as he considered him.

"To open a dialogue between our packs." That was, if everything went well. He made no assumptions just yet. Though he could have shrugged off the subordinate as less important to talk to, he chose to show respect in the hopes that it would set the tone for this more formal encounter of the two packs. "My name is Craw - I'm from the tundra. This is White Fir Notch, correct? Are your leaders available?"
[Image: wm_by_euphoriclies-da4medx.png]
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Lol, I love having interactions with Craw, he's a pretty cool guy.

Being the cautious man that he was Emrys was careful to not cross the border since he didn't know the man before him. He hoped that he would be greeted with the same friendly manner as Lorcan but he didn't want to count on that and not get it. Still being that he did not know the stranger or what he was there for he wasn't going to be unfriendly to him. Besides he had come and respected the borders and that was very important, even he who had been a lone wolf most of his life knew that. Emrys also knew it was best for his leaders to speak with the man but he didn't see any reason why he couldn't see what he might be able to do in the meantime. He was also new and didn't know what alliances or enemies the Notch had and he didn't want to be the reason that a good thing became ruined.

While waiting for a response from the stranger Emrys took in all of the information he could from how he looked to more about his scent. The healer also took in the man's posture which seemed unthreatening which helped helped him to feel a little more at ease speaking with him. It also helped him to feel as though this wolf was not a threat to his pack. This interaction was a little strange to him since he no longer had to think about himself but the rest of the pack as well. What made it even more important for him to be cautious was the fact there were pups that needed to be protected. Emrys felt it was especially his job to help protect them being he was Gents second.

“I see, that would be most beneficial to both our packs.” He stated knowing that opening a dialogue could be very good if all went well. “It's nice to meet you Craw, I'm Emrys and yes this is White Fir Notch. As for my leaders I can't be sure if they are available as I've been away from the den most of the day but I'm sure they will join us as soon as they can. Is there anything I can help you with in the meantime?” Emrys wouldn't be sure if he could help Craw until the man told him but he would try to do his best.

(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2016, 03:33 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Craw
You always get the polite side of him ;) @Lucia/Gent welcome to appear whenever? <3

Considering the types of wolves Craw had previously met from the Notch, the leader aside, he had developed a rather... unflattering stereotype of those in the pack. It was with this in mind that he watched the white wolf closely, trying to discern if he fit the pattern or not, and could detect no signs of belligerence or lunacy. If anything, the wolf was behaving perfectly, calm and polite but somewhat defensive. Craw rolled his shoulders slightly as he listened, loosening them of the mild aches he'd earned from the gentle run all the way here from the lowlands. racking the bones in his neck, he grunted softly as @Emrys finished, offering what services he could while they waited.

Craw licked his teeth thoughtfully, deliberating just how delicate he needed to be.

"Unless you are too busy," he wheezed, giving Emrys an easy out if he would rather not wait (or indeed wanted to go and fetch his superiors), "you might keep me company." Glancing about the white fir trees again, at the rather idyllic setting, the hints of a smile returned. "I can see how this place got its name. Do you like it here?"
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
I don't think it hurts that my greeters are usually pretty polite themselves.

It as unfortunate that Emrys was unable to give their visitor any specific information about when his leaders would be able to make it. Despite that lack of information he felt that in return he could do what was possible for Craw. While he hadn't met a wolf from another pack at the border he'd met plenty while on his own. Learning how to communicate with them had become an important part of his survival so talking with this man didn't pose a problem for the healer. It was also beneficial that he liked helping others. It also helped that Craw was polite and not threatening since Emrys wasn't much for confrontation. He truly was sorry he couldn't offer the man more information.

Emrys shook his head when the man suggested that he might be too busy, “Nothing that can't wait until later.” Which was true, he'd only been patrolling and was nearly finished when he'd heard the call. “It would be my pleasure to keep you company while we wait.” Emrys liked the idea of perhaps getting to know one of Lorcans pack mates. Emrys nodded when asked if he liked it in the notch, “Yes, I do very much. I haven't been here long but I think it's a place that I can really think of as home.”

(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2016, 07:28 PM by Emrys.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 46 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lucia Lieris
It wasnt exactly rare that the pack had someone at their borders lately, but it was that didnt make it any less exciting for the young girl. Out and about as her father made his rounds, helping him strengthen the scent markers that declared this piece of the world as theirs, Lucia was near and ready to answer Craw's call when it came. The sound was incredibly raspy and harsh compared to the smooth, sweet songs she was used to hearing, triggering her curiosity further. She bounded ahead through the drifts of snow, having to put in quite a bit more effort than the rest but unhindered all the same, in a rush to meet this ill-voiced guest.

Once arrived, she was a little disappointed to have been beaten to the punch. Emrys and the stranger were already mid-conversation, and Lucia's ears picked up to listen as they spoke. Craw's wheezing words proved the least interesting thing about him. He was littered with scars and possessed the most striking markings. She quite liked this roughened appearance, and a smile came easily to her face as she siddled up next to Emrys.

To greet one of her many caregivers, Lucia nibbled at his throat (not quite able to reach his chin) and then leaned heavily against his shoulder, enjoying his warmth.

"'Course its home," she chipped in, puffing out her white-spotted chest in pride. "The best home there is. We got a lake."

It was her personal favorite feature, ever since the beach day the family had shared when the trio were tiny and chubby.

"Dad'll be right behind me," she added to Emrys, gold eyes flicking up to his cheek before casting toward Craw once more.
[Image: 6lnzS4M.png]
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
The small black female limped along the path toward the pack's northern borders, while Ermys had been out patrolling, the other healer had been nestled inside of the infirmary den sorting through the pack's slowly dwindling collection of herbs when she had heard the call go up. Feeling more cautious than usual, Sylva had nabbed a few basic herbs for bleeding, just incase someone was injured. Slower than she had liked, she made her way toward the unknown meeting. Her nose twitching slightly as she caught Emrys and Lucia’s scent, and soon after a scent that made her freeze behind the tree that blocked her from view.

Why’s he here? she wondered curiously, it wa highly unusual for one of the monadnock wolves to be this far south. Sighing internally after memories of her last encounter with Craw came to mind, the girl made herself known by limping into view, the white flowers of yarrow she sat down gently before eying everyone present. “Greetings.” She said toward Craw before turning toward her packmates {b} “I didn’t see Gent or Raela from my direction, I guess one of them will be along shortly.” She settled down near Emrys, her brown gaze focused on the White Stone wolf “Did you have a pleasant travel here?”
Inactive No Rank
Craw
For the sake of keeping this thread snappy, I'd prefer no posting order - can use Craw as the round-marker <3 thanks to you all for joining!

Ordinarily, he would have viewed this as an opportunity to do some sleuthing on the pack before the leaders arrived, see what casual information he could glean in advance of the more formal encounter. That kind of behaviour required a certain kind of greeter, though, and watching the cool and composed @Emrys, Craw knew that he was not likely to be a chatterbox. What was it with his neighbours and having these guarded subordinates? Sylva's tongue would have been a little freer, he bet...

Listening to Emrys describe how much he liked it here, Craw's yellow eyes slid onto the child as she approached, moving to lean against Emrys in greeting even though it was clear that she harboured no fear for the stranger on her doorstep. Craw's tail - still respectfully lowered - wagged slowly at the sight of her, at her bold declaration and added aside that her father would be coming soon after. Good. The corners of his mouth twitched in amusement for her shameless love of her home - and too right. It wasn't what Craw was used to, at all, but he could appreciate its beauty and peace. "I have a monadnock," he wheezed back at her, in gentle teasing of her pride for her lake, aware that she likely didn't know what that was.

It was at that point that the woman of the hour appeared herself - but with far more dignity than the last time he'd seen her. Carrying some plants and sporting an interesting limp. Who gave that to her, then? He watched her closely as she sat, offering her own polite and sane words, and Craw realised that he even though he had come to this place with utterly scattered expectations, even those ones were being ruined. If even Sylva could behave like a normal wolf, then clearly he knew next to nothing about this pack at all.

Starting to feel a little outnumbered, he made sure to retain his casual confident air, for they weren't treating him like a hostile element despite ganging up on him. This was their borders; he'd expect his wolves to do the same to any strangers at his. "Yes, thank you, Sylva," he said evenly, still a little bemused by how this situation was rapidly turning out - next thing he'd know, the man-child would appear and act totally respectfully. "Though it would have been quicker if not for our mutual neighbour." Which he had been forced to swing around, giving them a wide berth, much as he would have preferred to just trample straight through their measly little territory.

Then, just because this whole thing was getting bizarre so why not join in, he chose to add, with a pointed glance at the leg she had been limping on, as if they had been friends and not once mutually antagonistic at all: "Are you well?"