(See All?) Announcements
552 Users Online
Google, Bing

In Perspective — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Maybe a quick little hunt of the fish SOW dropped then we can wrap this up? :)

Gradually the tawny patriarch adjusted his limbs to rise so he could stand once more, the coldness of the ground beginning to amplify the faint ache in his joints a bit and Vesper knew he would need to get moving soon to allow warmth to once more ward off the chill. He gave a swift shake of his coat to remove any straggler clumps of snow that dare to try and hitch a free ride, molten gold gaze settling once more upon the inky face of his loyal second. "Indeed you have. There is a certain wait upon the shoulders of a leader that can never be truly lifted granted all the responsibilities we acquire, but it can be lessened. You've managed to do that and again I thank you for that."

Vesper paused, letting the charcoal dusted tail at his rump give a few wags. "Sometimes there are tough decisions that need to be made in order to benefit us as a whole in the long run. This choice was one of them, but I feel better now that it's not one to hinder us, but to help us grow." Then the sound of faint splashing caught the agouti patriarch's attention, head momentarily shifting toward the frozen shoreline of the lake. It was hard to see exactly what was making the noise, but the faint glint of something silver in the light piqued his interest further before returning his attention to Kajika. "It pleases me to hear that we both managed to help each other out. Now, how about we go check out whatever that is?" Nose angling to point toward the flashing pieces of silver in the distance. 

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2017, 06:29 PM by Vespertio.)
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Ooc: Yes we should definitely take advantage of the SoW gift.

There was satisfaction in the conversation that had taken place and more acceptance of what had occurred within the pack. He certainly was glad to have spoken with Vespertio not only for himself but for the alpha as well. A few moments silence passed between them where the leader rose to his feet and gave his pelt a shake before he finally spoke again. He assured Kajika that he had helped in lessening some of his fears and responsibilities. This pleased the dark man, a smile crossing his maw to show Vespertio that he appreciated his words. “You're welcome, I hope that I can continue to serve you just as well in the future as I have been doing. I feel the best way I can serve the pack is doing what I can to help lessen the weight on your shoulders and doing what I can to provide for the others.” Kajika didn't think he could ever fill the void that Anthem had left in Vespertio's life but he could do his best to care for the pack in the same way.

The rank change had been a hard lesson for the beta but in time he had grown to understand and accept it. He nodded at what fell from the alphas tongue next, “We are lucky to have a leader who isn't afraid to make the tough decisions so that the future of the pack remains intact. You may have had doubts about this decision but I feel this pack is stronger because the changed forced everyone to face something they may not have known they had to.” He knew accepting the rank change and understanding why it was so important had made him a better pack member. It was the sound of splashing that turned his attention to the lake for a moment. He caught a glint of silver in the light that filtered through the trees, he wasn't sure what it was but it intrigued him. Returning his gaze to Vespertio once more as he spoke expressing his pleasure at knowing they had both benefitted from their talk. “I as well. I think we should,” agreed Kajika as he rose to his feet and giving his own coat a shake.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2017, 10:09 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Hunting Post 1

Luckily it seemed the flashes of silver had also caught the attention of Kajika during their pleasant conversation, molten gold irises watching the dark coated man rise shortly after himself to give his own pelt a shake to rid the clingy bits of snow that had a grip like an iron vice this time of year. Waiting just a few moments more, creamy limbs set off at an easy lope toward their destination after giving the other man a small nudge to his shoulder with his own. A further indication of the new level in the lakeside patriarch's spirits after having some of the weight that had formally rested upon his shoulders removed. It was a breath of fresh air to have at least one less stress to worry about now. 

Gradually the duo made their way toward the iced over shoreline, their new proximity to the flashing objects revealing them to actually be a group of fish; around 5 or so, cut off from the main portion of the lake by a wall of ice. No doubt their constant splashing and flopping about the only logical reason why the shallow water around them hadn't frozen over. "Well isn't this a stroke of good luck." He voiced, a grin playing at the corner of his inky lips while lifting his gaze from the floundering fish to settle it upon the dark facial features of Kajika. "I'm no expert at fishing, but I think even I can manage to snag a couple of these guys to store in the caches. You up for some ice fishing?" Vespertio questioned, a brow raising slightly while the charcoal dusted tail at his rump began to wag at a decent pace. Any bit of food they could get was a blessing and this was an opportunity they couldn't pass up.

(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2017, 04:33 PM by Vespertio.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Instead of parting ways after their talk in which Kajika felt that both he and Vespertio had benefitted from they were going to check out some flashes of silver that had caught both of their attentions. It was certainly a curious sight and one that they both felt was worth looking into and once they had both risen to their feet and give their pelts a shake to rid them of the snow clumps that were attached they were off. Not before the leader gave the dark man a nudge to the shoulder which brought a smile to Kajika loped just behind the agouti male as they made their way to where the silver flashes seemed to be coming from. Kajika slipped in behind Vespertio as they traveled at a lope through the forest in the direction they had seen the silver flashes.

While their progress wasn’t rushed they did make it toward the lake but the flashes weren’t coming from the lake per say. Instead they were coming from the frozen shoreline and as they came closer he could see that a small group of fish had been trapped. Their scales had been caught in the sun light as they thrashed in the shallow water. “It is very lucky indeed,” agreed the dark man. When the agouti man turned a grin on Kajika it was met with a wide smile across the beta's maw. “I’m always up for fishing and I am sure you can expert or not. I'll take half you take the other and they will make nice additions to our cache.” It was most certainly an exciting find that had his tail swaying behind him, it would help the pack through the winter even if it was just a few fish every little bit helped.

(This post was last modified: Jan 18, 2017, 02:22 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Hunting Post 2

Vesper's tail began to wag steadily stronger as the darker man before him voiced his agreement on their stroke of luck, golden gaze once more dropping to settle on the shallow pool of frigid water the fish were temporarily calling home until the wolves relocated them to an waiting cache needing to be filled. A soft chuckle falling from his lips in response to Kajika reassuring the lakeside patriarch that even he could manage to catch these fish. Nodding his head, a small grin began to appear on the tawny man's lips. "Fifty fifty sounds good to me. Wanna see who can catch their portion faster?" A mischievous twinkle glistening in the depths of the older man's golden eyes.

With his challenge initiated, creamy limbs hunkered down near the edge of the icy pool while concentration was set on the nearest fish that lurked beneath the surface. In the next moment the Vuesain's lack of experience would be revealed as a paw hastily struck out only to send a splash of frigid water hurtling back toward the king, the freezing liquid dousing the man's face and warranting a high pitched "HOLY FUCK THAT'S COLD!" to follow suit. No floundering fish landing next to him as he had expected there to be. For a while there Vespertio rose and stood in silent shock, the silence broken when the man burst out into a fit of laughter. He had said he was no expert fisher.

(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2017, 04:34 PM by Vespertio.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was quite a lucky find especially since fish in winter was a rare thing the sight of which had Kajika’a tail waving behind him happily. He did like a good fish from time to time so having some in the cache would be good for a change. Nature had done most of the work for them so all he and Vespertio had to do was pluck them from the water and carry them to the cache. A simple task indeed though his alpha didn’t think that he was very good at catching the fish. Without ever having seen Vespertio fish before Kajika assured him that he would be able to catch the fish easily. A smile crossed his maw at the challenge that was presented, “Of course I do,” he stated his competitive side coming out a little in his tone. He really did like a good challenge and it was good to see the agouti man in higher spirits.

For a moment Kajika stood back to see how the older man really did fair at catching fish and was a little flabbergasted when it went very badly for him. The attempt he’d made had been unsuccessful and the words that had elicited from the alpha’s mouth cause Kajika’s jaw to drop and brows to raise. Even more shocking for the beta was the laughter that was soon coming from the man. “I suppose that you may have been right about your fishing skills,” said Kajika getting over his initial shock before joining the man in laughter himself.

(This post was last modified: Jan 24, 2017, 01:18 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Russet hued ears pricked forward to catch the shocked tone of voice that accompanied the equally shocked expression upon @Kajika's face when the Beta realized just how poorly skilled; if one could say he was skilled at all, Vespertio was in the art of fishing. Soon enough, though, the dark coated man was joining in on the laughter and had the patriarch not had his thick winter fur grown in he could have sworn the other would have seen the faint blush of embarrassment that began to warm the skin along his cheeks. It could go without saying now that the leader of Fallen Tree Cove was not without his own flaws.

"Hush." The agouti man spoke in a clearly jesting tone of voice between bouts of laughter, swiping a paw at the surface of the icy water to send a small splash of liquid toward the swarthy coated man. Another series of laughs falling from his inky lips before collecting himself, a grin plastered across his creamy maw while hunkering himself back down in the snow to study the fish swimming and flopping about their wintry prison. After a minute golden gaze shifted upward to glance up at Kajika's face, a brow arching curiously. "Mind teaching an old man some new tricks then? Surely you're better at this then I am."

(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2017, 04:46 PM by Vespertio.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
{ooc} Teaching post 1/3 [/occ]

For the beta it was a little strange seeing the agouti man in such spirits but he had to admit it was good to see. With so much happening the cove had seemed tense, everyone with their mixed emotions of the rank change especially. It was nice to have this moment with his alpha were while they were trying to catch fish for the cache they were also having fun. Also he did find it funny that Vespertio wasn't as good at fishing as the dark man had though. Joining in with his alpha was a good feeling indeed and he was glad to be sharing this moment with the man. Recently it wasn't often they had moments like this and Kajika hoped it would last awhile, the alpha deserved to have a little fun and a good laugh as often as he could.

A mischievous smile crossed the dark man's maw at the Alpha's next move and before he knew it the agouti man had splashed water at him. Which did hit the fur on his legs leaving small droplets there and once again the pair were laughing. Finally they had both regained some control of themselves, “It's good seeing you like this,” he commented once his laughter had stopped. Then Vespertio was asking for some tips where is fishing was concerned and Kajika smiled with a nod, “Of course I would it's the least I can do and it would be my pleasure,” he said as he stepped up to the icy pool.

“I can show you first what I would do and then you can give it a try,” he said easily stepping into teacher mode and giving the same instructions he gave all of his students. “As I tell all of my students,” he started offering Vespertio a wink, “You don't have to use my technique it may help to inspire one of your own.” After his alphas statement of the water temperature he knew it would be cold so he wasn't to keen on the idea of sticking his face on the water. Still he was teaching the agouti man to fish, luckily the pool wasn't deep at all. “Here goes,” he said standing over the pool he trained his eye on one in particular fish before striking with an open mouth. The water was cold, very cold in fact but his jaws clamped around the fish as he flicked it onto the shore. “Patience and aim, choose your fish and wait until it's in a position you can quickly grab it.” Kajika then motioned toward the pool with his nose, “Your turn.”

(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2017, 07:41 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Hunting Post 3

How foreign it felt to feel so light and free for once, the sound of both their laughter filling the immediate air before the duo managed to reign in their bouts of laughter, russet ears pivoting forward to catch the words that fell from Kajika's lips. They managed to bring a smile to the patriarch's face and behind his rump his charcoal dusted tail gave a few hefty wags. In all honesty Vesper couldn't entirely recall the last time he had a moment such as this. Between all the hardship over the years adding stress to already heavy shoulders and just the daily tasks of ensuring things ran smoothly it seemed like taking a moment to laugh like this was a rarity, but something he now had silent plans to try and allow more often. There was more to Vespertio Vuesain than meets the eye.

Golden gaze watched intently as his beta molded effortlessly into the role of teacher in order to help his leader out in honing in his fishing skills from the train wreck they currently were, the wink offered warranting a smirk to grace the agouti man's lips while silently listening to what his teacher had to say like a good student would. Vigilantly Vesper continued to watch every move Kajika made while soaking in the words of guidance, eyes widening a bit when the swarthy man effortlessly removed a trapped fish from its icy prison to toss it onto the snowy ground beside him. Then it was his turn to apply the bit of knowledge bestowed upon him. Nodding, creamy limbs inched forward to hover above the edge of the small pool of water, gaze following the motion below as the remaining fish flopped about and swam within the shallow divot. Patience and aim, patience and aim he repeated mentally like a mantra, each repetition lifting the man's confidence a small degree until he felt comfortable enough to strike.

Like Kajika had done minutes ago, Vesper struck his maw into the frigid water once a fish dared to swim through the faint shadow the predator cast. Shock from the chilling temperature halting the man for a moment but not before he could feel something suddenly start to struggle between his clamped jaws, realization causing him to quickly jolt his head back and toss the writhing fish onto the snowy ground beside him before shaking the droplets of water from his face. "I did it!" He exclaimed, pride evident in the patriarch's tone while a wide grin spread across his handsome face.

(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2017, 06:09 PM by Vespertio.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
{ooc} teaching post 2/3 [/OCC]

The cove had been through quite a lot in the past year seeing a few hardships but the agouti man that stood on the shore of the lake had suffered his own personal hardships along with Namid. Kajika couldn't imagine going through what Vespertio had. Hearing him laugh and seeing him having a good time was more than just good, it showed the strength of his alpha. That even when things seemed like they won't get better they eventually get better. He was pleased to see Vespertio smile at his words glad that he was able to bring a smile to his alpha's features.

After Kajika had seen just how much work the Vuesain needed regarding his fishing skills he prepared himself to give a lesson. Though it did feel a little weird giving one to his alpha Kajika was happy to do it. The beta had no doubt that his newest student would pick up the technique quickly if that was what he chose to do. Like he did with all of his other students he went with the method of showing rather than telling. He felt it was easier if they saw what he was doing and then they could change it to what worked best for them. Stepping up to the pool with the trapped fish he quickly was able to catch one of the fish in much the same fashion he would use of the lake wasn't frozen. Still it had taken a little adjusting to the more shallow water. Once the fish was caught and on the shore he gave a few words of instruction and advice before Vespertio took his turn.

Kajika stepped back to watch the agouti man go to work using what he had learned and like with all of his students he watched closely so he could give advice if need be. However, it did not seem the alpha would need the advice as he stepped up to the pool to take his turn he did just as the dark man had shown him and within a few moments he too has caught one of the fish that he then threw up on the shore “Yes you did just as I knew you could,” he said a wide smile crossing his maw and his tail wagging behind him. “Would you like a little more practice?” He asked as he thought it was a good idea to take the opportunity while it was there.

(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2017, 07:42 PM by Kajika.)