(See All?) Announcements
487 Users Online
Google, Bing

Voices of Winter — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Seria who has 45 posts.
Inactive
Kobe Moonshade

Kobe was a wandering soul, round and around he went. He looked out through the vines at the frozen spring.

What did it look like in spring? He wondered. Was it all sparkly? Was the water crisp and cool? Perhaps even fish could be found in its depths. He licked his lips and stepped away. It was too bad it was the middle of winter. His stomach growled. He was hungry but then again he was always hungry. Such thoughts almost led him to ponder joining a pack. He’d been brooding on the idea for awhile but still had yet to reach a decision. To be or not to be, to join or not to join. That was indeed the question.

He liked his loner life and resented it. He enjoyed going where he pleased and yet pined for companionship. If only it were possible to have it both ways. Companionship when his felt like it and lonership when it suited him. It was a shame being fickle wasn’t a virtue.

He paused his trek through the snow and tossed a glance over his shoulder. He’d passed through here once before and knew there was a pack nearby. Their scent markers were stronger than their chirp like howls. He didn’t like hanging around the area for that reason, their voices kept him awake at night.
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Moving around the territory had become much hard with the deeper snow but Emrys still got out everyday to do what needed to be done. Sometimes he missed the days when he could lay his den during this kind of weather. Now he didn't just have himself to think about, he had a whole pack. That thought kept him moving with each careful step through the snow in search of food mostly but anything else he thought the pack might need. He hadn't ventured far from the borders on this particular excursion hoping he would find what he was looking for but knowing he probably wouldn't.

Still he went on occasionally stopping to scratch at the snow for scents that might signify setting he might be interested in was close. when he didn't find anything he moved on a little further until he did catch the scent of a rabbit. It was an old scent but he followed it anyway in case it turned out that he had actually found the rabbit.

The going was slow but he felt he was making good time as he tracked the rabbit through the snow. As he continued on he did not get his hopes up that he might actually catch it but he kept a cautious optimistic view of the situation that way he could keep himself from getting too disappointed.

Then Emrys stopped in his tracks as he came across the scent of a strange wolf. The rabbits scent still wasn't anything that had him rushing through the snow. The scent of the strange wolf on the other hand was something that he felt required his attention. Abandoning his tracking of the rabbit he followed the stronger scent of the wolf. The trail leading him closer to the border but not across it, that was good, but it was a little too close for comfort for the white healer.

Finally he could see a dark figure ahead of him causing him to quicken his pace until he had come up behind the man but not too close he would seem threatening. “Is there something I can help you with?”

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2016, 02:46 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive
Kobe Moonshade
Hearing the crunch of snow behind him, Kobe turned. A white wolf stared at him with piercing blue eyes. The dark man blinked and stepped back with wide eyes, the stranger had caught him off guard. His tail puffed out and hackles rose on impulse. He didn’t like surprises and the newcomer’s sudden appearance put him on the defensive. He knew there was a pack nearby and he didn’t like his odds. The other man obviously belonged to the pack in the area, the smell of other wolves was thick on his fur. However, it didn’t occur to him that opting to assert himself was on the wrong side of caution and could very well pass off as unprovoked aggression.

Upon hearing the neutral tone of the stranger’s question, Kobe realized that the wolf stood at a fairer distance than his startled mind would have him believe. The black wolf dropped his tail and took on a more neutral stance. He was a bit miffed to have had his shock at the sudden appearance run away with him.

“Not particularly,” he answered in an even tone. “Why? Is my presence bothering you? Do you think I’d be ignorant enough to cross your borders? I can smell your markers from here. I know where they are.”
~~ Do it or don't do it, you'll regret both ~~

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He'd come up behind the man who did not hold the scent of another pack on his pelt and it was painfully clear that Emrys had startled him but the reaction he received was one that irritated the white healer, he felt it unnecessary when his tone had not been threatening in the slightest . His tail raised high over his back, ears flattened against his skull, lips curled, and hackles raised in his show of dominance. He knew what it was to be a loner, he'd been one for the better part of his life and this stranger before him was clearly not taking his position into account. Emrys wasn't one for confrontation but if it was required it was something he would not back down to.

Luckily he supposed for the both of them that the dark pelted wolf seemed to have regained his senses as his posture and body language suggested. Immediately Emrys lips and hackles lowered and his ears swirled forward however he did not lower his tail. He would give the man one more chance to show that he was a reasonable man and could be talked to.

The response to his question caused him to huff in frustration, < b>“Yes as a matter of fact you are bothering me for a multitude of reasons. If you're ignorant enough to raise your hackles to a wolf that belongs to the pack whose borders you're walking along then yes I believe you are ignorant enough to step over the border.” This man wasn't serious, all Emrys would have to do was call the others or chase this man off himself. That was probably what he should of done but he could not, this man needed serious help before he got himself killed.

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2016, 05:10 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive
Kobe Moonshade
Him ignorant? The idea was laughable. He rolled his eyes, this is why he avoided conversing with lesser minds. They simply could not recognize genius at first sight. It was to be expected, after all they didn’t have the privilege to be on his level.

“I was lost in thought,” he said. “Running into a pack wolf was the last thing on my mind.” It was more an explanation than an apology and about as apologetic as he was going to get. “Perhaps you should avoid sneaking up on others.”

No, politeness was not his forte. Indeed it was a waste of time. His time. False pleasantries had never gotten him very far, he’d always slipped up halfway in the act. He had long since grown tired of pretending. He always spoke without thinking—thinking of others that was. The black wolf had never taken another’s feelings into account. He had a filter and refused to use it. Why should he bite his tongue for anyone?

But as much as he would like to say he’d hold onto his ideals until death and beyond, the prospect of doing so after getting his throat ripped out didn’t sound fun. He had plans for a more peaceful death, when he was old. He’d rather go while sleeping in the snow, preferably alone. Becoming a stain in the snow in all of his intellectual youth didn’t suit him. Being mauled wasn’t interesting, it sounded painful. He knew he had to play his cards right to avoid it. The question was did he want to? Indeed he did.

He cleared his throat. “It's been snowing a lot recently…” he said. He trailed off, not sure where he’d been going with that. No, politeness was not his forte, small talk didn’t seem to be either. It was time for facts. “What pack are you from again?” No that wasn’t right either. “I’m Kobe. Who are you?”

No, this was why he preferred his own company. Conversations with strangers were too much of a hit and miss. Conversations at all it seemed. Obviously it was just easier to avoid them altogether. He wasn't even sure why he tried, but when all else failed, perhaps honesty was king.

“Don’t call your packmates. I’m more than happy to leave. I’m not interested in being mauled.”
(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2016, 06:28 AM by Kobe.)

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

This stranger at his borders wasn't starting off the encounter very well at all and most certainly hadn't impressed the white healer in the least. If fact Emrys was more afraid he would anger the wrong wolf and get himself injured or worse. He didn't want to see that happen to anyone so he decided to find some hidden patience for the man in hopes he could help him.

And it only got worse as first excused and then it was suddenly the healers fault for his bad behavior. “I can give you the lost in thought excuse,” everyone became lost in thought at some point, he'd had those moments. “But how could you not expect to run into a pack wolf when the border is right there,” he stated gesturing with his large paw. Sure it wasn't right beside them but it was close enough to Emrys could smell the markers from where he stood. “And I hardly snuck up on you,” With the sound of the snow crunching under him how could he have snuck up on the man.

Emrys was beginning to wonder if he could help the man see reason at all with his last statements. If he wouldn't take responsibility for his actions then it could be a hopeless cause. The healer also had to wonder if perhaps he'd never been taught the proper etiquette or if he just refused to follow the rules.

He watched the dark wolf waiting to see what he would come up with next, another excuse, perhaps something else to blame him for, or maybe he would finally admit his mistake. That last one Emrys quickly decided, with a shake of his head, was probably unlikely. When the man finally did start talking again he wanted to cover his head with his paws, did he eat some Fly Agaric?

He decided to humor the man for the moment since he wasn't sure if he was actually trying or not. “Yes, it has quite a bit.” he didn't have much else to say on the topic of snow considering he felt there more than they needed on the ground. “White Fir Notch,” he replied glad they seemed to finally be getting down to the important stuff. Finally he was able to get the man's name which was a real place to start in his opinion, “Emrys.”

Maybe there was hope for Kobe yet because his rudeness had seemed to go away just a little. At least Emrys didn't feel like burying his head in the snow out of pity for the man. The truth finally came out, he didn't want want to be harmed. That was definitely a start.

“I wasn't planning to call them as I'm more than capable of chasing you off if that was what I wanted to do. You probably shouldn't go just yet if you would like some help in keeping yourself from being mauled in the future.”

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2016, 02:46 PM by Emrys.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive
Kobe Moonshade
Sorry about the wait! @Emrys

Kobe had a feeling that his excuse wasn’t going to fly but hadn’t quite expected to be called out on it like he had. He was never one to take responsibility for his actions, believing himself to be above and beyond any rules set upon him. Common decency be damned. He was so obviously the center of the world.

“I didn’t run into another wolf here before,” he said. He’d been passing through the area too quickly to do so.

Kobe conveniently ignored the man’s next comment. Yes, he’d heard him. He’d be deaf not to hear the crunch of deep snow behind him. Turning on the other wolf was over the top and didn’t really understand himself why he’d decided to greet the white wolf as he did. It was more than just impulse, he just sort of felt like it. True it was a stupid move that probably would’ve caused a fight if he’d been facing a less tolerable man but what was done was done. There was no way he was going to apologize for it. Still he’d be lying if he denied that he didn’t feel intimidated by the other wolf’s calm and collected persona. It seemed he couldn’t lump all pack wolves together as over aggressive idiots.

White Fir Notch. It was the first pack he’d heard of. Really the first name he’d gotten of one. So the smell of fir trees and spruce belonged to them. Interesting. He had something to go off of in the future.

Kobe nodded as the man gave his name. It was much appreciated. It was a pain in the ass and his pet peeve when wolves refused to introduce themselves. Thinking about it made him recall the black female he’d run into a few days back. If her male companion hadn’t shown up to back her up, Kobe thought he might’ve just pounced on her.

“Help?” he said incredulous. “What help would I need?”

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
No worries.

With the man's next words Emrys had to wonder if he'd ever spent anytime in a pack. Even when he was a lone wolf he had known about the border patrols. His mother had told him to be cautious at the borders, hadn't his mother as well? As far as the white Healer was concerned it really was a pitiful reason to not be cautious this close to the border.

“Well you did this time and next time you might not be so lucky to get me at the border. Don't you know there can be a wolf at these borders at anytime?”

All this wolf's excuses were going to do was get him injured or worse and unfortunately Emrys didn't think he could let the man go before at least trying to knock some sense in him. He wouldn't feel okay about the man leaving if he didn't at least try. Although he did wonder if it would really be worth it to try, was he wasting his time with this one? Emrys wasn't sure so until he was he would try and he started by answering a few of Kobe’s questions, they were easy and didn't require a lot of thought which was fine with the white healer.

Then he thought they might actually be getting somewhere but it seemed the mention of help set the man off some. Emrys tilted his head slightly not really understanding why someone would turn help down if it could keep them from danger.

Emrys nodded, “Yes, help. The kind that will keep you from ending up injured or worse.” This man really didn't understand the trouble he was in. He had gotten lucky this time and that it wasn't the healers way to attack first and ask questions later. Not everyone was like him and by behaving the way he was Emrys didn't see him lasting too long in the lore. Of course Emrys wasn't stupid, if Kobe couldn't admit he had a problem then Emrys knew he couldn't help him.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2017, 04:07 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive
Kobe Moonshade
“Obviously.” Kobe replied to the question. He wasn’t born yesterday. White Fir Notch’s borders were well marked. It was more than clear that they were patrolled frequently to be so puguant. He couldn’t close his nose if he tried. No wolf would be able to mistake the scent as anything other than the borders of an active pack. It would be foolish to try to pretend otherwise. He knew where he was and what he could expect. The only thing he was lucky about was that it was Emrys not another wolf who he’d been received by.

Kobe knew the time for excuses had long since passed. If he continued with them the possibility of pushed buttons and ruffled fur would could grow to gashing teeth and torn flesh. Although he doubted the tolerant white furred male would go so far, or would he? It was better to start playing it safe. Safer.

The black wolf bit back a retort at Emrys’ solemn tone. Help. He needed help? Who the hell was he to decided he needed help? If anyone needed help it was that runt of a wolf @Duckweed. Kobe felt like he had enough confidence for the two of them.

“And you suggest what? Confidence? Self esteem?” He said. “I think I have plenty.” He didn’t understand that confidence wasn’t the issue.