283 Users Online
Bing, Google

Fresh Starts, New Beginnings — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
@Reiko

There were times the Leotie missed the bend but she knew that would fade with time but most importantly she didn't have any regrets about leaving. Life wasn't much different despite the fact she was in a smaller group now. Hunting for everyone still had to be done and watching over the group. She was still up and about early doing what she could to help out as much as she could just as she had always done and always would.

With it being so important to bring food back Leotie had been spending most of her time hunting and getting in the much needed practice. While her skills had improved greatly over the past year in the bend it didn't hurt to work on improving what she could already do. On this particular day she hadn't traveled too far from the camp as she looked for any sign of intruders that Triell might need to know about. She didn't think she would find anything but it didn't hurt to look. While sniffing a broken branch she'd come across the sound of crunching snow from behind stopped her mid sniff as she turned her head to see who was behind her.

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2017, 08:52 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Nova who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
doesn't matter if it's not okay
reiko tainn
doesnt matter if it's not our day

Treyah had been nice enough to leave him behind again. He wasn't about to give chase. If she wouldn't tell him what she was up to, he decided he didn't care. He would find his own amusement. The thing was, the young Tainn was dying for company that wasn't his parents. Naira was sleeping, and his dad had left to scout or get food. Maybe both. Reiko had had enough trying to keep up with him.So when Leotie began to wander, he took it upon himself to follow. He wasn't sure what she was doing at first. But, the pup kept a distance, not quite able to simply ask. Even though she had come with them, and he'd known her since birth he just was uncertain about a lot of things. His confidence a little rattled. It wouldn't feel great if she flat out told him he couldn't go with.

He continued trailing, often losing sight of her. Where he noticed she sniffed he did too, not quite understanding why. It didn't seem like she was hunting. Off to the side his yellow eyes landed on the sight of a black tree, and he hadn't noticed she had stopped. He was moving forward, staring at the strange thing. When he realized he was in plain sight, and she had heard his footsteps. Sheepishly, ears turned backward as her eyes fell upon him. "Um, what are you doing?" It would be better than her turning the question on him.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

During her excursions away from the group in search of food Leotie had also been scoping out her new home. Triell has said that she would like it and so far she did but what she was really curious about was what it would look like in the spring and summer. Since they had crossed the mountain in the winter she had not gotten her chance to see it during those time but she trusted Triell’s judgement. On this particular exploration Leotie hadn't found anything to be too particularly excited about. A few sets of old tracks, one rabbit and a couple deer, which she'd stopped to sniff. While they were old she saw them as a good sign for the small group and even though she still had a lot of experience to get she felt that as long as she could still find tracks they would be okay.

When she heard the crunch of snow Leotie was worried that she might be in danger, perhaps a wolf she didn't know had caught her off guard. When she turned and found little Reiko she smiled her branch completely forgotten. She turned to face him, “I was making sure no one was trying to sneak up on us,” she told him, “What might you be up to?” Leotie hadn't expected to be followed but it was a nice surprise to have Reiko following her. Since she had left with Triell and his family she knew she would have to get to know Naira and the pups better.

(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2017, 12:06 AM by Leotie.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
reiko tainn

"You're guarding?" He had a quizzical brow raised. Were there signs of strange wolves? Yellow eyes widened, and his nose gave a twitch, but all he could smell was her, and the trees themselves. It was just weird. Leotie, well she didn't seem the guardian sort. She seemed like the kind that searched for things. A scout? But, she was pretty good sized, and he imagined if she ever had an angry face she could send some wolves running. But, he'd never actually witnessed her angry, and wondered if she was capable of the emotion. He knew Treyah was.

Oh, she still managed to ask him the one thing he had wanted to avoid. The side of his lip tucked itself in his teeth. He forgot what words were for a second. Not following you was childish. Yeah. What could he be doing, and just happened to have run into her? He thought up a lie rather quick. "Mom..mom said I might find her a stick. You know to help her. But..I can't remember what kind." Would she? Cause he was sure mom would still use the stick. Then he didn't have to look so pathetic in his attempts not to be extremely bored.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Reiko was who had caused the crunch behind her and he wanted to know what she was up to which she didn't have any problem telling him. “I suppose it could be called that but I did it back in the bend while patrolling” she explained, “But your father will need to know if there are any signs of strangers lurking about so that we stay safe.” A smile was directed at the young Tainn glad that he was out and about since their move. She wondered if they felt as lost in this new place as she had felt when she had gotten away from her first home. At the very least she couldn't imagine that the move had been easy on Rieko and Treyah since all they had ever known was the bend. She hoped that maybe she could help Triell and Naira to make it a little easier for them.

Leotie waited for him to tell her what he was doing out there though she had a good idea but she thought she would see what he said. She tilted her head to one side as he explained about Naira wanting a stick. “Hmm, I see, well do you know what she needs the stick for? Maybe that will help you remember.” She suggested to help him out. “If you want I could help you find the stick she asked for?” She offered in case he did want some help and it would give her the chance to talk with him some more.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2017, 04:33 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
reiko tainn

Matter-of-factly she answered. The lines above his eyes furrowed, as he listened to understand. It dawned on him, eyes lit up."Oh, patrolling. I guess I didn't think about it out here." He thought it a lot of ground to cover. It wasn't like the Bend. They didn't have a place that was theirs. A pack to help them. But now he understood food wasn't the only thing they needed to watch for. But, strangers who might not be nice. Steal what food they had gotten. He understood why dad took walks without bringing anything back. How helpful Leotie was in securing their safety by keeping a "nose out" so to speak. If anyone did try to hurt them they'd have another thing coming. Treyah and him weren't so little any more. Mom had her own ways."We're safe with dad," he assured her, a proud smile forming, as he waved his tail.

Thankfully, she didn't see through his fib. She offered some help instead. "I can remember the smell. She uses to help her get 'round better." It was a weird word. Something pine? He'd asked her once, but that had been so long ago. "Can I help you finish patrolling, then we could look? It's...it's some kind of pine just not sure which."

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

It was important that Reiko understand what she was doing and why as he was young and it was an important lesson to learn. It had been when she had learned it. Leotie nodded when he understood what she had meant. “I think it's more important out here since there are so few of us and we need to protect what we have,” that was her opinion anyway. She didn't want them to suffer from hunger and an attack because they weren't protected or aware of their surroundings. She smiled at his comment about Triell, “I have full faith in your father and I want to help him as much as I can.” The dark furred patriarch had always been good to her and if helping him keep his family safe was what she could do to show her appreciation she would do it.

Rieko’s story was a good one to cover the fact he had been following her and she went along with it by asking if he wanted help. “Does it have to be that particular kind or will any sturdy stick do?” She asked brow raised slightly. However it seemed he would rather patrol with her, Leotie gave the boy a smile, “Of course you can and I would be glad to help you find the stick when we're finished. Maybe we will find it along the way,” she suggested as she turned to continue the path she'd been on. Looking back to make sure Reiko was with her she also asked, “Are you doing okay with the move?”

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2017, 10:17 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
reiko tainn

He'd never really thought about Leotie as a teacher. Suddenly, it hit him, she had to know a lot more than he did. In this strange place if he needed help, he had another wolf to ask. Kindly, she explained why she even patrolled. Out here it mattered more. He did not know what to say, so he nodded in understanding. Perhaps he could do these things, and help make a difference. He thought to mention it to Treyah. Try to see if she knew about it or not.

Happily, his tail wagged. He kinda thought she must have to leave the Bend to. She had lived there a lot longer than him. For her to say the words helped him to want trust her, to like her more than he already had.

She questioned, he trotted over to her, stopping a moment to stare into a near by bush. "Um, I think it's better if it's the same...but if we find one that's..that ya know is sturdy and pine maybe..it would work?" He shrugged his shoulders. But his eyes lit in delight, and his tail raised, swiftly beating the air. "Is it other wolves we try to scent or like fox and coyotes too?" He asked, he began following her, putting his nose to work, and finding very little.

When she asked a second question, he froze with a paw in the air. It was of concern, not because he was a baby she would ask that he told himself. He pushed himself onward, checking the base of a rather grayed stump. "I miss the others, and still kinda wish we had stayed. It's..it's a lot more fun out here. Mom seems better." He continued to move forward, inspecting. "Do you miss the Bend?" He asked. Though he did not stop to look at her for answer.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Having Rieko along would be a lot of fun in Leotie's opinion and even though she didn't know him as well as his father she liked him. She was glad for the chance to talk with him on his own and even teach him about patrolling. Before leaving the bend she hadn't ever thought she could teach the pups but out here she felt whatever knowledge she could give him would help. She also felt she was doing what she had told Triell she would, helping with the pups which was important to her.When he spoke about his father taking care of them she felt it was important for Reiko to know that she trusted Triell. Though she knew he wasn't stupid so had to have known that she did to some degree but she fully trusted the man who had brought them to this place. She felt he had been right in thinking it was good for all of them.She asked him a little more about the stick he was supposed to bring back to Naira, she nodded as he spoke. I think the same would be best but if we can't find it then we should go with the next best option. I think a sturdy pine would work,” she agreed with a smile. Their focus returned to the patrolling and he had a question for her, it was rather exciting for the agouti woman. “All three actually, other wolves are dangerous to us for obvious reasons,” which she was sure he knew, “But foxes and coyotes can steal our food which is just as dangerous.” She explained so he would know the reasons too.

She wasn't sure if it was her place to ask Rieko how he was dealing with the move but perhaps if he was having trouble and needed to talk he would know he could talk to her. She nodded as he spoke about missing the others they had left, “I'm sure it's hard to leave your friends and it's okay to want to have stayed but maybe you will get to see them again one day,” she tried to reassure, “It is a lot more fun here and I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better. I think she’s glad to be back,” she agreed happily. He then asked her about her feelings on the bend, “Sometimes I do but I knew it was time for me to leave. I just wish some things had gone differently.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 20, 2017, 10:55 PM by Leotie.)