(See All?) Announcements
612 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

so baby pull me closer — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
RE: The stars are unusually bright tonight. Maybe because it's also unusually cold.. brr.
Either @Piety or @Saradathia - set immediately after the rank challenge, early evening

Just say you won't let go
I met you in the dark, you lit me up, You made me feel as though I was enough
I know I needed you, Cause you were always there for me When I needed you most

Having been dismissed by Craw after his altercation with Mittani, Lorcan didn't know what to do with himself. After retreating to a safe distance atop the monadnock by putting as much distance between him and the white-haired newcomer as he could, the agouti male could finally emotionally decompress in private. It had taken everything in him not to snap back, not to retaliate against every word that had left the challenger's mouth. Pale paws slowed to a stop, a single forepaw hesitating mid-air as he sniffed at one of the large boulders which scattered the outer edge of the plateau, before slumping down beside it, giving little care as to what position his body came to settle in.

His lean form was concealed from sight behind the solid figure of the boulder as Lorcan settled his chin atop his outstretched paws with a deep sigh. His russet ears fell back against his head and his black-tipped tail flicked in time with his racing heartbeat as his long limbs began to quiver, shaking against the cold frost-laden ground as he was finally overwhelmed with emotion. He couldn't fight it anymore. Another deep sigh was forced out his nose, sending a hot cloud of air into the quickly darkening sky as his golden gaze fell to settle despondently on the darkness which lingered along the horizon. A high-pitched stuttering whine whistled past his charcoal lips and it was one which he could not silence, despite his willingness to do so.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2017, 09:43 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
YOU'LL FIND ME BURNING BRIDGES
SEARCHING FOR SOME SENSE OF DISTANCE
TEARING OUT POST TRAUMA STITCHES
THAT HELD ME TOGETHER

She had heard the call and thought nothing of it. One of the new males, she had seen him in passing a few times, calling for Lorcan. She assumed it was just a natural rank challenge and she had nothing to worry about. But she had heard the squabble and only peeked before leaving. Perhaps the pale woman couldn't bring herself to watch violence. It had reminded her of a certain someone she had tried so hard to forget.

Regardless she wanted to check on Lorcan. He was the medic but that didn't mean he could do everything by himself. She had grown used to his scent and was skilled at tracking him down. So it didn't take long to find him in an emotional pile. The soft whine that she heard escape him caused her to frown. Had he lost? "Lorcan?" She carefully approached him and touched her nose to his crown, even went as far to offer a soft lick. "What's wrong?" Her voice full of concern and her body showed it too. The way her tail hung limp and those muddy eyes filled with a certain kind of sadness.

The pale woman laid on the ground and settled right up against him. She wasn't going to leave until she knew what was wrong and he was feeling better.

"speech"

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

As his golden eyes stared out into the growing abyss of darkness beyond he felt as if, heartbeat by heartbeat, it were slowly draining him of feeling. As time passed by, as Lorcan remained slumped there alone out in the bitter cold of the night, his whining began to quieten. The frown that had once carved harsh lines into his forehead had gone and had been replaced with a cold vacant expression that did not befit his usual jovial character at all. His pale skin felt numb to the cold and as he sprawled there, engrossed in an eerie silence, the only thing he could feel was the steady thump of his beating heart.

He hadn't noticed her approached, too distracted by his own thoughts which whirled like a hurricane inside of his head. His normally bright golden eyes were dull and unblinking as they stared out into nothing. Her gentle touch against his crown sent his thoughts scurrying back into the dark corners of his mind and in that instant he blinked, a soft breath sighing out gently between his half-parted lips as his chin tilted up just a fraction to look up to her familiar face just as her warm tongue caressed his head. Her question hung in the air a moment as Lorcan silently as @Piety shifted down to settle close beside him.

"H-he challenged me." He murmured, causing his previous thoughts to surge back out from the dark depths of his mind. "He's only been here a week.." The scowl returned back to his face and he felt his heart quicken again. "I got lucky this time but—" He inhaled sharply as his anger was swiftly replaced with fear. "—he's going to do it ag-again, I know it!" His body shook suddenly and his fur bristled as his limbs began to shiver again. You didn't hear what he's done t-to other wolves he's challenged, he-he—" Sharp inhale. "—he's going to come after me." His voice trailed into a high-pitched whine as he suddenly moved forwards to bury his face into Piety's soft fur.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2017, 09:50 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
STILL SO SET ON FINDING OUT WHERE WE WENT WRONG AND WHY
SO I RETRACE OUR EVERY STEP WITH AN UNSURE PEN
TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MY HEAD THINKS
BUT MY HEAD JUST AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE

Perhaps in that moment his fears became her fears. Everything he said seemed both overly exaggerated and true. She whined as she listed to him. Instinctively she licked his head and cheek like she would have done with Sven as a child. All the pale woman wanted to do was soothe him. She hated those whines and that fear that erupted from his shaking limbs. "Take a deep breath. You need to calm down, Lorcan." She allowed him to lay his face in her lush coat. There was not much more she could do. As a female, there was nothing she could do to stop one male from challenging another. But she was willing to do all she could to protect Lorcan from what that monster may do to the medic. "As long as I'm here he won't hurt you, I'll do my best to keep you safe." What could she do? Put up some fight against someone she'd barely met?

She was content to sit there with him. Piety wasn't going to push any feelings out of Lorcan that he didn't want to say. He was terrified enough as is. Her only goal in this very moment to calm down the storm that was raging inside of him. How awful had that male really been? And why was he so keen on climbing ranks so soon?

"speech"

# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
@Piety

The tender caress of her tongue upon his crown and against his cheeks slowly began to soothe him. Subconsciously he associated her soft touch with that of his own mother, for she had also licked and groomed his fur around his face to calm him when he had been just a pup. He could feel his heartbeat begin to slow again and as her soothing words met his downcast ears, he could feel his limbs grow more still and settled as the shivering began to subside. As his whining gradually quietened, his golden eyes gazed into the soft depths of her white fur as his head remained buried within her thick winter coat. The warmth and familiarity of her body brought the agouti male comfort and after a few long moments, he finally released his frustration out through a long sigh against her fur.

Finally he was calm, or at least calm enough to listen. His russet ears perked up as he listened to her console him, her calm words offering him some hope of protection and support against Mittani. Lifting his head, to un-bury his face from her fur, his golden eyes glanced up to settle on her face and then finally her warm earthy-brown gaze. He nodded slowly in response and tried to force a small smile, but his gaze quickly flitted back down to the ground and he shifted to remove himself from her personal space to instead curl up behind the boulder beside her. "I don't think there is anything you can do, though..." He mumbled despondently, glancing back across to her then. It was only then as he gazed at her, that he realised how much off a mess he'd made of her coat. Fur that was before nicely groomed, now looked messy and dishevelled where he had previously buried his face. "S-sorry about your coat." He breathed, golden eyes wide in apology.

Sighing deeply again, he turned his attention back out to the darkness which hung over the lowlands. "I..I just don't know what to do - don't know how to act around him. He's like an adder, hiding in the tall grass, just waiting for another opportunity to strike." His muzzle wrinkled then and his black-tipped tail flicked in frustration.

"What would you do, Piety? Has anyone ever challenged you before?" He finally asked, desperate to hear the female's advice.
(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2017, 01:31 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
SWEAR ALL THE PAIN IS DONE
NO TRACE OR TREMOR HERE
OR AM I STILL NUMB?
HAVE I BEEN THIS WHOLE YEAR?

He was a mess and she could feel nothing but hate for the monster that had caused this. Lorcan always seemed strong so to see his structure cracked and shaking was strange. Was that the right word to use? Most likely not but she couldn't think of what else it was beside strange.

Her good ear pushed forward with a frown on her face at his words. "You may think that but I'll do something. I promise." All of her promises in the past had fallen through as being faulty but this was not one she was going to let fall. These wolves were close to her now. She had been accepted this far, all she could do was move forward. But a faint smile traced her lips at his apology. "It's okay. My coat being a little ruffled is the least of my concerns right now." Her tones were soft with a touch of kindness.

With him now less out of her personal space, she shifted to look at him better. "But now you know and knowing is half the battle, Lorcan. It won't be a total surprise now. You've seen him try to strike so now you can be more prepared for the next time it happens." She had no idea if her words would offer any comfort but it was worth a shot. "I've been in scuffles and fights." Her eyes looked upwards as if to point towards her mostly missing ear. "If you love something, you do all you can to protect it. And if you lose things but you're meant to have them they come back to you." Her muddy eyes had grown a bit sad as her brows furrowed. "Just don't give up."

"speech"

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Lorcan's despondent dismissal of his friend's offer of help was was similarly dismissed by Piety. He lifted his chin up and cast his golden gaze on her pale face then, noticing the determination flickering like fiery embers within her earthy brown eyes. Lorcan believed in her then. Believed in her promise to help him, to protect him. His black tipped tail thumped once against the cool stone ground in appreciation and he nodded silently to her in acknowledgement and belief. "Thank you, Piety." He responded quietly, though sincerely before he shot a delicate smile towards her at her response about him ruffling up her lush white coat.

Though he did not look at her, golden eyes still exploring the dark abyss of the sky above, his russet ears swerved back to listen to her comforting words. Piety had a point. At least now he was aware that there was a snake in the pack and could therefore make sure to watch his own back. He could also continue his combat training @Odin to improve his fighting skills. He might not have enjoyed the activity particularly, but as Piety rightly stated, if you love something you should do whatever it takes to protect it - and Lorcan loved Whitestone and he was proud of his rank and role.

Nodding at the female's words of advice, he finally shifted his paws around so that he now turned to face her again, feeling more positive. Though, as he turned to look at her with a small smile he noticed that her own pale features had grown sad. "Did—" He paused, leaning in closer to look at her with concern, wondering if it was polite to ask, but curiosity got the better of him. "Did you ever lose something?" He voice was hushed, almost a whisper against the icy winter wind which snaked atop the monadnock, as he went to gently place a paw against her shoulder.
(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2017, 07:19 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
You'll find me burning bridges
searching for some sense of distance
tearing out post trauma stitches
that held me together

Piety had come to terms that Lorcan was a man full of manners all the time. Even now when he should have felt engrossed in himself he apologized to her. He was a sweet thing and she admired that greatly. "Anytime, Lorcan." The pale woman's face was painted with a soft smile in the darkening light.

Her eyes looked up at the stars as there was a brief silence between them. She would be content to just sit like this for the rest of the night but his question was met with a slightly curious look. "Well, no offense for my bluntness, but obviously." She chuckled softly and her paw lifted to swat at her missing ear. The pressure of his paw against her shoulder was welcomed, though. "I don't think that's exactly what you mean in this case." Her tone a little questioning as she tiptoed onwards in her sentence. "I've lost many things Lorcan, but what good does it do to focus on what you've lost instead of what you could gain and have gained? Every evening when I watch the stars I do mourn the things and wolves I've lost but I also am grateful for the pathways that have opened up for me by being here." She leaned forward to plant a small kiss on his cheek. He was certainly a delicate one whether he wanted to admit it or not.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Wanna fade in your next post? 

Well, he really had put his foot in it with that last question hadn't he? He felt his cheeks grow hot with embarrassment as @Piety swatted her paw up to her missing left ear and chuckled at him. Russet ears fell back against his head, feeling totally awkward about the whole situation. How could he have missed that? It was obvious. "Oh..no, I meant ummm—" He felt his skin prickle and his brows furrow as he struggled to formulate some sort of reply, but Piety was quick to put him out of his misery. "No.." He breathed, feeling slightly relieved. His charcoal lips tugged slightly into an awkward one-sided smile as he gently placed his paw back onto the cool stone of the monadnock as he listened to her continue.

A sadness grew in his golden eyes as he gazed towards her when she mentioned that she had suffered much loss in her life already, but his sadness was replaced with admiration as her words continued to flow gently from her mouth. She refused to let her loss consume her and instead tried to remain focused on what she still had and what she had gained. His black tipped tail tapped against the ground, enjoying her positive outlook on life, and his head nodded slowly in understanding as he turned to gaze up to the stars. "You're right.." He breathed, not hiding the smile which graced his lips, before he turned back towards Piety and was taken aback with by the small kiss she planted on his cheek. His russet ears perked up in surprise and his jaws parted subtly to speak, to acknowledge the gesture somehow, but words failed him so instead he just smiled and wagged his tail.

Not wanting to ruin the moment with more talk of loss, he shifted in closer to keep her warm and turned his gaze back up towards the starlit sky - for in truth he now felt too shy to look at her - to watch how they glistened in the darkness of the night. Occasionally though, he dared to break his eyes away from the stars and glance across to the companion at his side, to observe her soft features for a heartbeat or two beneath the bright star-studded sky. Her presence was certainly something he was grateful for.

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2017, 02:11 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N