(See All?) Announcements
576 Users Online
Google, Bing

Am I friend or am I fiend — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
guardian post 3/3 overall post 10/12 one more post from each and we can archive c:

If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

He caught her limp, instantly slowing and covering it by sniffing at another spot or two. It didn’t seem that there would be any action for them today, thankfully, but it was still always a good things to keep the borders tight. Even if he and his friends weren’t going to be in the Monadnock for much longer he still was never one to not pull his weight. He’d never liked being provided for by others and he wouldn’t change that mindset now.

He moved on again and she spoke, his gaze traveling over to her as he listened. He couldn’t imagine ever getting used to this cold. It was his second winter and he disliked it just as much as his first. The snow was everywhere and it burned his paw pads. Even as insulated as he was with a thick pelt and plenty of muscle he still prefered the in between seasons of spring and fall. She asked a question and he moved to hike his leg, urinating on a stone before continuing. “Lost my family when I was young. Hal found me a few months after and became my family. I’d do anything for her. Larkspur I could do without. We got in a spat the first time we met. I gave him a few scars and he gave me mine,” he replied, absently giving his torn ear a twitch. “Hal seems to like him, though, so we keep him around,” he finished.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC!  

-------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 244

Still, the fact that Anaia was scolding herself again meant even just the few days she’d been on the road were helping her. The air helped, the change in scenery helped; even the walking, though it was causing a bit of anxiety with her chapped paws.  Still, she wasn’t regretting her decision yet.

His comment about Larkspur surprised her.  Was he jealous of his other companion? Or did they just have a rivalry? She assumed the spat wasn’t anything too serious, or Hal wouldn’t have let him stick around.  She wondered which member of her crew Hal preferred.  Anaia couldn’t imagine picking favorites, and if she was in the other girl’s position she might feel a little awkward.

Then again, she hadn’t had to worry about it before. She’d only had her siblings, and while she’d been closer with her brother than anyone else, she loved them all the same.

The pale girl paused to sniff a spot again, noticing that Alistor had been doing so.  This wasn’t just a stroll, after all, but work.  She needed to do her job.  What if he reported her lack of ability to complete a simple task to the alphas?

Despite her fear, Anaia felt obligated to offer up a bit of her past to the man beside her, since he had done so. “I haven’t really traveled with anyone… When I got separated from my parents, I came south and ended up here.”

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

Anaia remained quiet as he spoke, the same timid and perhaps even frightened feeling washing off of her. He didn’t think he was doing anything to make her afraid, he was certainly trying to be as friendly as possible. But, he’d learned that some wolves were just afraid to be afraid and it wasn’t necessarily anyone’s fault. He felt kind of sorry for those wolves, the ones who lived in panic and fear, because he himself had been one before he’d met Hal. They could make it out of that state but it took a special situation or a special someone to do so.

“I haven’t really traveled with anyone… When I got separated from my parents, I came south and ended up here.” she said. Nothing really tragic it seemed, but then again she might have been being as vague as he was being. He might never really know seeing as they were leaving soon, but he was still happy with the conversation and the information. “Well, at least you’re not alone now,” he replied, not knowing what else to say. The two continued on with their patcy discussion, making their rounds. He liked Anaia, but he was still glad that they would be leaving soon.

Fade

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2017, 06:40 PM by Kino.)