526 Users Online
Google, Bing

Potential — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Lachesis , Backdated to the 1/10/17.

With spring in the way though it was still a little ways off there were things she wanted to do in preparation for her role. With the arrival of spring came easier travel so she thought she would take Craw up on his offer if a visit. The words of Askan still ran through her mind but she didn't feel as though she had enough information to make a judgment of her own. She hoped her visit might shed some light on the situation and maybe give her more to bring home. Askan's offer wasn't far from her mind either and she had given it some thought as well. More importantly she thought it would be a good idea to visit the lowland packs for her own benefit.

It had been awhile since she'd had the chance to speak with Lachesis as she had when she'd returned. She felt it was time they had another of their talks, she missed them. Inna also thought it was important to ask permission before she set out on her travels. Mostly though she just wanted to check in with Lachesis since she’d been so busy with Aleksei and her duties lately.

After meeting Askan she didn’t want to wait too long to tell Lachesis what she had learned from the dark furred man. Her morning had been spent taking care of her duties checking in with her brother and making sure the rest of the pack was doing well. Though it probably wasn’t her job she felt that she needed to. Once she had completed everything she wanted to she went in search of her alpha starting with the infirmary. It seemed the best place since she had yet to run into him that morning. Once outside she called into the den for him, “Lachesis, are you in there?”

(This post was last modified: Feb 05, 2017, 12:54 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3 @Inna

Mornings were, perhaps, the ghost’s favourite time to be out and about. He thrived beneath the morning glow of the sun as it reflected through the trees, threatening to spill overhead and illuminate the sky. There was something comforting about the stillness in the air; the gradual shift in temperature. It soothed his mind, pushing away the troubles that lurked in the shadows.

He weaved through the trees, leaving the border between Kingsfall and the tundra behind him. They were secluded among the conifers—almost too isolated. Loners did not venture their way very often, which troubled the pale healer. They were stable and managing, but he could not help but worry for the future of the river wolves. Especially when puppies were not in the forecast for the fast-approaching spring. A sigh danced, sombrely, off his tongue, disturbing the silence that engulfed him. His pace only quickened as he dismissed his thoughts with a sharp wag of his tail. He was supposed to be leaving those thoughts in the trees, not carrying them with him…

As he neared the edge of Hearthwood’s camp his shoulders sagged in relief. Home. XIX truly could not imagine living anywhere else. The river wolves had already shuffled around so much, they deserved to have some peace in their lives… even with the recent deaths. Truthfully, there was nowhere else Lachesis would want to call home. These woods were close enough to the tundra that it reminded him of his former home, on the reserve, and they did not differ too much from Cedarwood, which made the initial transition much easier. They had been through far too much to let these lands fall through their paws.

A wide smile tugged at his lips as he approached his raven sidekick just in time to hear her call down to him at the mouth of his infirmary. “Right here,” he chirped from behind her, his head tipped to the side curiously. “What can I help you with, Inna?” 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

As always her goal was to help her pack in whatever way she could and gathering the information from Askan could prove to be helpful or not. Either way she felt Lachesis needed to at least hear it so that he could make his own decisions on the matter. For all she knew it could just be the dark man's way of stirring up trouble though he had seemed nice and she had liked him she had only just met him. Like with Craw she had chosen to make her decisions about their characters when she had learned more.

The infirmary seemed the most logical place for Inna to find the healer so she went there and called for him. To her surprise however his voice did not come from inside but behind her asking what he could help her with. As she spun to face him a smile crossed her maw glad to see him as she always was. Though he wasn't her father sometimes he did a good job of helping as she knew her father would have. “Good morning, Lachesis, how are you today?” She greeted him cheerfully before brushing her muzzle against his cheek in greeting.

As for what he could help her with, “I wanted to speak to you about a couple of things,” she told him settling back on her haunches. The question was where to start which she decided on the information Askan had given her. “I met a rye wolf yesterday,” she started, “I don't know if what he told me can be trusted but I wanted to relay it back to you so you would know what was said at least,” she explained, “I'm not sure about our relations with his pack so I was cautious in what I told him,” she added in case Lachesis was worried, she wanted to ease his mind.

(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2017, 12:28 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The ghost returned her greeting almost immediately, his previous smile still perched effortlessly across his pale maw. “Morning Inna,” he chirped with a soft wag of his tail, his head tipped slightly to the side as he studied his raven sidekick. “I am as good as one can be after getting up at the crack of dawn,” he chuffed in response, flashing the Baranski a quick wink before returning the question to her: “How are you this morning?” The more he got to know Inna the happier he was that she had returned to Hearthwood and the more he realized how similar she was to her father.

His ears twitched in curiosity as she spoke, his forehead pinched as the raven Baranski announced that she had encountered one of the Rye wolves. His nostrils flared. XIX wasn’t even sure what their stance on the newly established pack was. Kisla seemed to be on neutral terms with the leading pair, but Lachesis had no knowledge of them prior to Drestig’s visit. The Whitestone wolves were not pleased to have new neighbours in such close proximity to the monadnock and Lachesis’ alliance with Craw and his wolves was only growing stronger. He had told the silver spider during their last meeting that he, and the river wolves, would support Whitestone and the ghost intended to keep his word. The new pack had already left a sour taste in his mouth—XIX owed them nothing.

“I do not trust them, myself,” he revealed to Inna, his brows pinched together. “You were right to be cautious,” he added with a soft smile, bumping her shoulder with his nose. “I have made strong ties with the Whitestone wolves and they are not fond of the new pack. It is wise to remain neutral with them but that is all. They are no friends of ours.” He shrugged, his features softening as he studied the raven girl. “What did this wolf tell you?” Curiosity clawed eagerly at the back of his throat, thrusting the words out of his mouth as he motioned for Inna to join him in a walk.

(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2017, 07:39 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Her tail wagged lazily as Lachesis returned her greeting a smile breaking across her features she laughed once as he spoke about getting up at the crack of dawn, “A leader’s job is never done,” she commented. He also inquired as to how she was doing on that particular morning, “I am doing well, though I’ve had a lot on my mind as of late.” She was hoping that speaking with the healer would help to shed some light on the things that had been bothering her as of late and maybe help to solidify some plans that she had been developing.

She had decided to start the conversation with him by addressing what Askan had brought to her attention, she’d been thinking about it all night and most of the morning so that she wouldn’t forget what had been told to her and so that she could bring it to Lachesis in the proper way. She still hadn’t made up her mind what she really thought about all of what she’d been told, her meeting with Craw, she felt it was still too soon for her to make a definite decision about how she felt about the situation personally.

Lachesis did share with her that she did not trust the Rye wolves and that it was good for her to have practiced caution when speaking with Askan. He also shared with her that he had made strong ties to Craws pack and that it best to remain neutral with Askan’s. “May I ask what it is that makes you not trust them? How does my mother feel?” She asked out of curiosity as to what the Rye wolves had done to make her leader not trust them. He then asked her what she had been told. “To start he was worried about conflict between the packs and if it does he worries that their pack will be run from their home. He only wanted to give us a heads up and wasn’t asking for help in the matter. He did not paint Craw in a good light which I expect he wouldn’t if the packs aren’t getting along,” she reiterated for Lachesis. While Askan had said a lot more about Craw Inna did not know if it was the truth for certain and did not want to continue a bad cycle of information passing if it was not. “I am not sure the validity of this information but I thought it important that you were aware just in case it is truth. Especially if there is any chance whatever happens between their packs could potentially affect ours.”

(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2017, 01:10 AM by Inna.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

At the Baranski’s comment his head fell to the side, brows raised slightly as an invite for her to divulge what was plaguing her mind. He was pleased to see that she had taken an interest in the scout role, but he hoped it wasn’t causing her grief. Or perhaps it was the news waiting eagerly on the tip of her tongue that was troubling her…

“Your mother knew them from her previous home. From what I understand, she is on neutral terms with them, just as I am. She just has more of a history with them.” He shrugged at this, answering the second part of her inquiry first. “I do not know them well, myself, so I am wary of them and their motives. They lingered too long in the forest south of Whitestone and settled down too close for both my and Craw’s liking.” The healer frowned at this. While he was grateful that the Rye wolves had not made a home closer to Kingsfall, their juxtaposition to the monadnock reminded him of when Grizzly Hollow re-established itself near the river they used to call home. Their formation had caused the river wolves to flee north but Lachesis did not think Craw and his wolves would take the same route. No, they would fight and chase the Rye wolves away from the Lowlands.

He listened, patiently, as his raven sidekick spoke, relaying what the wolf had told her. His ears perked at the comment about the silver spider, his lips twisting in amusement. He remained silent after she finished, digesting the information she had shared with him. He knew that Whitestone was not fond of the Rye wolves, but he wondered if Craw was actually considering chasing them away from the north? His tongue clucked against the roof of his mouth at the thought. “As of right now, we do not have any conflict with Wild Rye Fields. I wonder, though, if they will approach us about forming an alliance?” He mused aloud, his ears twitching at the thought. “We have nothing to worry about with Whitestone, I can assure you that, Inna. They are to be treated as allies, or friends, as long as they do nothing to break our trust.” Another pause, this time longer than the first. Being neutral with both packs was wise, especially if something was to happen between them. Lachesis did not want to get involved unless it was absolutely necessary. Even then, he would ally with the pack who would pose the biggest thread to Hearthwood—and that was the pack that continued to swell in size in the tundra.

“I will have to discuss this with your mother and Lilya. We will have to remain cautious around the Rye wolves and it would be wise not to share too much information with them. Especially on how we stand with Craw.” Just because his ties were stronger with the monadnock wolves did not mean he wanted to completely shut out the Fields pack. Truthfully, his lack of trust came from his lack of knowledge—he had not encountered many wolves from the new pack. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

There were times when Inna wondered what her father would think about the news she had but he wasn't there.  She trusted Lachesis and his opinions, her father and her mother trusted him and he had always been there even when no one else had been.  He hasn't given her any reason not to so she valued his opinion more than most which left her eager to share her news and find out what he thought.

Her mother felt the same as Lachesis and she had known them from her previous home which Inna had an idea of where that was. “She knew them from Oak Tree Bend?” It was the place that he'd mother had visited after her father's death, she had family there. Inna now knew that she should be on neutral terms with the rye wolves as well.  She felt that perhaps she could travel there and see the rye as Askan had suggested. As for why Lachesis felt the way he did she could understand why he felt that way, “I can see where that would leave feelings of discomfort and cause you to lean toward not trusting them. Do you think you could ever come to trust them?” She asked, “I only ask out of my own curiosity,” she admitted a little shyly.  She knew she had a lot to learn, Inna knew she could learn from him, she wanted to learn from the healer.

She had finally given Lachesis the news of what Askan had told her and she felt better having finally gotten it out. She was pleased to hear there wasn't any conflict between Hearthwood and the rye wolves. Lachesis had a question that she felt was a good one, “I don't know if they will in the future but the wolf made it clear that he was not coming to our borders to ask for that.” She didn't know if that information would help but she thought she would offer it just in case it did. She felt that the words that the healer spoke to her next were ones that she should take to heart, “Then let's hope that they don't do anything to break out trust. I do think that having the relations we do is the best thing for us.” She may not know Craw well or if he really was to be trusted but if what Askan told her was true she didn't think they should get on his bad side.

She nodded as he spoke about talking with her mother but Lilya, Inna hadn't ever been sure about the stand in leader, she still wasn't.  However she wouldn't voice that opinion, she was merely a yearling after all. “I would never share too much with any pack,” she assured, “I wouldn't want to endanger our home.”“I do not know if the wolf I spoke with, his name is Askan, can be trusted.  He did however show himself to be kind at least in that moment.  I went on a hunt with him, I caught one rabbit while he caught two.  He gave his second to me to add to our caches,” she explained,  “I felt it important to mention his actions in his behalf alone.”

(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2017, 05:50 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
ps, you can use this thread for skill LP! she's doing scouting stuff <3 

The ghost shook his head softly at her question before responding, his lips curled into a soft smile. “No, before the Bend, I believe.” When the agouti had first joined the river wolves she had kept to herself, aside from sticking close to Maksim. Despite the years that they had spent together XIX did not know too much about the Baranski widow, but he trusted her with his life. Although the two had been thrown together at the helm of Hearthwood due to unfortunate and unforeseeable events, they made a good team. He was fortunate to have her as his co-lead.

His lips tightened at her next question, ears pinned forward. XIX was not familiar with the Rye wolves therefore he could not be too harsh on them, despite his wariness. Kisla did not seemed worried by their presence so there was no reason for him to be, right? “Eventually, yes,” he responded after a brief pause, his head bobbing in a quick nod. “It’s better to be neutral with both packs; being stuck in the middle of a fight that doesn’t belong to us is not wise.” Lachesis would be on Craw’s side, as promised, if need be—he just hoped that it would not come to that.

“We’ll just keep an eye on them, for now. Be friendly and collect as much information as we can on them.” It was the best thing for them to do. Hearthwood had done a good job of keeping to themselves before the arrival of the Whitestone wolves and the Fields group. His lip curled at the thought. The ghost just hoped there would be no more additions to the expanse after Drestig’s group. Askan. He would make sure that he remembered that name just in case he had his own encounter with the Rye wolf. “You did good, Inna,” he commented with a warm smile as he pressed his nose to her forehead. She had the makings of a fine scout. “Have you gotten a chance to meet any more of Craw’s wolves?” The raven Baranski had greeted the silver spider during his last visit to Hearthwood and had done a wonderful job in keeping him entertained until Lachesis arrived. He was curious as how she felt toward his pack and their alliance. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

As he answer her question about her mother and how she knew the leaders of the rye wolves she found she'd been wrong. Inna wanted to speak with her mother about her family in the bend now more than ever to learn the history of her family. “That seems like such a long time ago,” she commented taking into account all that she'd already learned from talking to Lachesis. Inna was aware of how much she still didn't know and a lot of it she would have to learn from her mother. Now that Kisla was back Inna thought she would speak with her once she'd settled back into Hearthwood after her long Journey. She was just glad to have her safe back at home.

He readily answered her question and it was one that showed her opinions could be changed. Lachesis didn't seem to trust the rye wolves too much but if there was a chance to earn their trust she hoped they did. The reason he stated was the reason she believed it important to learn to trust them as well as it would be another pack to help them if they ever needed it. However this didn't keep another question from popping into her mind. “With the conflict that could be taking place in the lowlands would it be bad for us if either the Whitestone wolves of rye wolves found out we were on Neutral terms with the other?” She worried that it might but she couldn't be sure and hoped he would be able to shed some light on it.

She nodded, “I will do just that which was why I was hoping that once spring arrived I might be able to visit each pack? Craw has offered for me to see the Monadnock and Askan the rye around his home. I thought I would take both men on their offer of that was okay?” She had planned for it to be one of her first steps to becoming a scout. A smile crossed her inky lips at his compliment, “Thank you, it pleases me to hear that.” She was more than pleased but she was also happy for the chance to have another way to help her pack. The question about meeting Craws other wolves was an easy one, “I've only met Lorcan, last time I saw him he was training to be a healer. It was shortly after I returned home, he helped me catch hares. He also gave me some advice about being scout.” She missed the friend she'd made that day and planned to see him after the snow melted.

(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2017, 02:24 AM by Inna.)