(See All?) Announcements
589 Users Online
Google, Bing

we were running somewhere in the dark — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Killi who has 36 posts.
Inactive
Lyris Cantata

Lyris chewed thoughtfully. Today's adventures may very well have ended in much the same way as her encounter with Kajika. She might end up helping Kerberos drag the large kill back into his pack territory. Even if he did offer to let her take some home to Wild Rye Fields, she would politely decline. It was too long of a journey to haul a creature with such mass. There was too great a risk that she would either find herself too tired to go on, or else be attacked by other predators seeking an easy meal.

By his words, Lyris learned that Kerberos knew both of Maera and Leotie. It had taken all the way to this moment for her to realize that they had each mentioned that they were members off Charred Ash Draw, making it likely that all three knew one another. She silently hoped that the Wild Rye wolves were friendly with those of the Draw, as she had been fraternizing with the later for the past week or so.

No, she snickered between mouthfuls. She didn't. And yes, Leotie is a lovely girl. I hope she's well. When I met her, she had injured her leg. The memory was still fresh in her mind. Ever since this incident she had not been able to stop thinking about the blue-eyed woman's fate. The sprang had not been particularly intense, but one never knew how pack leaders might react.

Meticulously licking her maw, Lyris answered his final question. You all are, she smiled warmly. All three of you have been very kind. It was the truth. Never once had she witnessed hostility or aggression in any of the three Draw wolves whom she had encountered. What about me? she asked. Do I make a good impression upon Wild Rye Fields?

Lyris Cantata
even my memories cannot drown me
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 11:38 AM by Lyris.)
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

"No. She didn't."

That was truthfully a relief to hear. The fact that Mae wasn't out there taking out her frustrations on travelers made him have a lot more hope that she was taking this transition well. He listened as she talked about Leotie, though. "Do you know how it happened?" This girl seemed far too kind to injure someone so he wasn't worried that his paw may be at risk next. Besides, he was sharing a meal with her, even if by some crazy chance she did want to hurt him would she really have a reason to? It wasn't like he was being greedy or selfish. That just wasn't his style.

His head nodded as he swallowed a smaller piece of the moose. "Oh yes!" His voice showed his obvious pleasure with the little meeting so far. "It's a bit late, though. You never told me where you're located but they might miss you, don't ya think?" His eyes looked up at her to gauge how she would react. The fog was heavy around them and he figured it might take a bit to get out of here. For both of them. "I don't wanna rush you but I also don't want to keep you away from them." He smiled softly and nudged the moose. "They might like some of this." It was a kind gesture. He would be taking some of it back for his own pack so why not offer her the same chance?

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Killi who has 36 posts.
Inactive
Lyris Cantata

Maybe one more post from you, then archive? Or we could end here. It's up to you <3

His exuberant response warmed her heart. Lyris was a good hunter and scout, but being young still, she had yet to develop her skills to their full potential. She felt almost startled when Drestig accepted her into the pack, being who she was: young, naive, and lacking in the mastery of any useful skill. She had been in a horrendous shape when the old man had first laid his eyes upon her. A skeleton with fur that had lost its natural sheen. However, Drestig seemed to be very fair and kind, and she would ever be grateful to him for letting her make her home within his land.

Kerberos asked her about Leotie, to which the cocoa female nodded. Yes, she is fine, she spoke softly. She's young. She will heal quickly.Lyris still felt sorry for the woman, however. The sprain was painful, as was the small area of flesh that had been ripped open by the impact.

Yes it is. I'm a newcomer to Wild Rye Fields, so I doubt they would miss me. But I need to head home anyway. It seemed like the responsible thing to do. She could not just wander the lands and sleep wherever she wished. In the morning, she would have duties to attend to, and she needed rest before doing so. Swallowing her last bite, Lyris looked up at him with her golden eyes and found him talking about divvying up the carcass between themselves. While the girl had made the decision that she would not accept such an offer, she realized that she was not the only one involved here. The Rye wolves needed as much as they could get right now, and it would have been selfish of her to rob them of a good snack.

Consenting to his kindhearted offer, Lyris began the work of tearing chunks of meat off the dead animal's tender back. She took as much as she could carry, then turned to face her new acquaintance with her friendly smile still in place. The rest is for you. It was so nice to meet you, Kerberos. Maybe we will cross paths again someday... With that, the dark woman gathered her own meat in her jaws and disappeared into the forest.

Lyris Cantata
even my memories cannot drown me
(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 02:37 AM by Lyris.)