562 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel, Hazelnut, Torianna

to strike a deal — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Scout demonstration 1/3 — Sunny, 21°F, -6°C

Lorcan had followed the river, the same way he done had before when he had last visited White Fir Notch all those months ago. It felt strange to the Whitestone healer to be making the two-day journey alone, but at least this time he had a better idea of where he was going, which certainly helped to calm his nerves. Dark nose weaved through the air as he trotted alongside the raging river, moving quietly beneath the dappled light which broke through the thick canopy of the fir trees, as he sniffed the air for signs of the marked territorial borders.

Nostrils flared when he caught a pungent whiff of the borders and the agouti male immediately veered right in their direction. His pace slowed as the scent got stronger. Golden eyes scanned the nearby area, checking for signs of company. For now it seemed he was alone and so he took a moment to quickly make himself presentable with a rough lick here and there. Shaking his pelt, Lorcan shifted his paws to stand confidently in his chosen spot, beneath a single ray of sunlight which broke through the trees, illuminating his lean form. The Whitestone wolf kept his tail low in a neutral posture as he lifted his head to send out a summoning howl.
(This post was last modified: Feb 26, 2017, 11:10 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Guardian Dem 1/3

It had been a long time since Emry’d had the chance to do any kind of sunbathing but this particular day it was much warmer. So after he had finished his morning duties he decided to take some time and spend it in the sun. The warmth soaked through his fur making the cold unnoticeable. For a little while he was able to put his worries aside and just enjoy a few moments to himself. As he lay dozing his ears picked up a familiar voice sending a summons through the notch. It seemed he wouldn't have to wait to see his friend after all but there was the question of what the Monadnock Healer was doing at their borders.

Rising quickly from his spot and took of at a run for the border not wanting to waste any time as he was eager to see his friend. When he reached the border he slowed his pace before stepping out of the trees to find his friend waiting. “Hello Lorcan,” he greeted the agouti man with a smile, “What brings you to White Fir Notch on such a day?” He said as he approached the healer tail waving over his back. He hadn't realized just how long it had really been since he'd seen the man until then. He was a little disappointed they wouldn't be able to share some knowledge about the plants as they had done in the past.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:49 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Scout demonstration 2/3

Russet ears perked up at the sound of quickly approaching footfall. Instinctively, Lorcan lowered his head and shifted a little lower to crouch down submissively towards the approaching Notch wolf. He had expected for an unfamiliar pack member to respond to his call however the Whitestone healer was surprised to hear a familiar voice greet him through the tall fir trees.

Golden eyes blinked up to meet the pale features of his mentor. “Emrys?” He questioned, brows furrowing as his head tilted to one side curiously. “I didn’t know you had changed your mind and joined a pack.” He began, his voice an excited whine, as he rose up slightly from the ground and wagged his tail in ecstatic greeting. “I would have visited sooner had I known you were here.” He added, creeping forwards a few paces to approach his friend before suddenly halting at the marked boundaries.

His expression hardened at Emrys’ question and his brows furrowed to express his concern over the situation. “I’ve come on behalf of Whitestone, we’re in desperate need of medicinal plants.” He began, looking towards Emrys with a pleading gaze. “One of our members was attacked by someone out on the lowlands, he’s only a pup, and I don’t have enough plants to treat him with for much longer.” He looked across to his alabaster mentor, trying to gauge his reaction. 
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Guardian Dem 2/3

Needless to say it was a happy surprise to find his apprentice at the border however in the back of his mind he was concerned about why Lorcan was there. Still he greeted the man happily, he hadn't seen him in so long and was pleased to have the chance to see him. Since he had yet to tell Lorcan that he was a member of the notch the agouti man's behavior wasn't surprising. Even when his apprentice realized which notch wolf had answered his call Emrys still wasn't surprised.

“Yes, I was going to come for a visit in the spring but it seems you beat me to it.” He stated when Lorcan said his name. Emrys nodded, “A very close friend of mine became injured before winter and I was allowed to stay to take care of her and ended up joining,” he explained to help Lorcan understand why he had found him in the notch. “You're here now besides with winter I expect you've been busy taking care of your pack. It's good to see you and you look well. That wound on your leg heal up okay?” Emrys remembered the last time he saw him they had found the plants needed for the bite Lorcan had suffered.

It was however time to get down to business and the reason Lorcan had traveled the distance to find himself at the border. Emrys listened as the situation was described to him, “I'm sorry to hear that how is he fairing? Well I hope?” It was a terrible thing for a pup to be attacked and for Emrys he worried about the youngster though he knew he was in good paws with Lorcan. “Do you have specific plants you are looking for?” He couldn't help his friend until he knew what plants the man needed to treat the child.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:49 AM by Emrys.)
Played by Silvia who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryker Lieris
Ryker was simply roaming the borders, ducking in and out of the fir trees as he pleased. It was a sunny day today, a nice day to roam around in and the sunny weather made it easier for him to see things.

But as always, he heard the voices before he saw anything, as his hearing was much better then his eyesight, even on a good day. Ears perked, he heard Emrys talking to someone, who spoke back. He only caught a few words like 'pup' and 'herbs' and that made him curious. Was somebody hurt? And instantly, his heart leapt into his throat. Was it Percy? And was it one of her pack mates had come asking for help?

No, don't assume anything, He told himself. Percy's fine, I'm sure. And that's probably not even one of her pack mates. But still... If it was someone from Percy's pack and she was with them, he wanted to meet the wolf. But as he emerged from the trees, the scent on the strange wolf certainly wasn't from Percy's pack. Disappointment filled Ryker as he saw it was a large male, his pelt a mixture of grays browns and creams. But the young wolf still greeted the stranger friendly enough after his packmate, a gentle lick to Emrys' chin and with a small wave of his tail to the stranger.

He had caught the tail end of what Emrys had said, asking how someone was fairing and what herbs the other need and managed to figure out that, along with the few words he heard earlier, that someone was indeed hurt. "I can go grab whatever herbs you might need from the cache?" He offered, wanting to help in some way. Even if he didn't know the stranger, Ryker figured if the stranger was coming to their borders, they were on at least neutral if not somewhat friendly terms with his pack.
(This post was last modified: Feb 26, 2017, 12:29 PM by Ryker.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
It wasn't surprising that his meritorious second had beat him to their visitor. Emrys was often quick on the draw in that regard, which allowed Gent the luxury of completing his tasks rather than feeling pressured to drop everything else risk the security of his pack's borders. It was something that should be expected of pack mates, but the man could remember many times in previous packs where it was not the case, and made a mental note to later on thank the man for his dutiful nature.

There was by no means a surplus in the pack, but they were still surviving and the food he did not have need for was saved in a cache specifically meant for his children. He'd just added to it now, and pushed the dirt back over the carcasses, tamping it down securely after the howl had faded from the sky. So long as they were cared for, he would call this first winter a success. As it was, they had only lost a few members, and none to tragedy. Rather, it was wolves like Witchhazel, who had not seemed to fit in with the pack anyways and, he was certain, chose to leave of their own accord without a word. All improvements from the horrid Winter of before.

It would seem, however, that their neighbors were not so lucky. As Gent at last approached the stranger at his pack's boundaries, he inhaled the scent of Whitestone Monadnock and caught the last snippets of what was said. Someone was injured, and the pack did not have the resources to care for them? It was good that they trusted the Notch to come to for assistance.

Sliding in between his child and subordinate, he chomped affectionately on his son's cheek before brushing his shoulder against Emrys'. Questions had been asked, and so with only a nod of acknowledgement to Lorcan did he wait to hear the answers.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Scout demonstration 3/3

Lorcan smiled when @Emrys admitted that he had planned to visit him once spring returned. It was nice to know that his mentor had not forgotten about him, for Lorcan certainly had not forgotten about his alabaster friend. Even though the young agouti male had grown in more ways than one, had improved his skills and been awarded the official title of healer within Whitestone, he still looked up to Emrys and he honestly believed he always would. A frown broke through his delighted expression though, when Emrys explained the reasoning behind his change of heart. “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. I take it she has recovered now?” He asked, golden eyes widening in concern.

The Whitestone wolf nodded at his friend’s welcoming words and offered up a small smile in acknowledgement to his kind words, but he couldn’t hold back the frown that plagued his white brows. Things had certainly been busy at Whitestone and not for reasons that the healer liked. “It’s nice to see that you have settled down too.” He responded politely, briefly taking in the surrounding forest that Emrys now called home. “Yes, much better thanks to you.” He answered, blushing slightly.

When Emrys questioned about Odin’s current condition, Lorcan screwed his lips awkwardly. “He...he lost an eye.” He glanced back across to Emrys, curious how he would react. Odin’s injury was far from just the common cold or scratch. “He’s..coping. I think it will take him some time to adjust.” The healer said awkwardly.

He caught movement out of the corner of his eye and was greeting with the smaller approaching figure of a young pup. Lorcan dipped his head in greeting and offered the young male a warm smile and gentle sway of his tail, though inside he began to worry. If White Fir Notch had pups it was important that they knew of the recent happenings in the lowlands. He’d already told Emrys that one of their own had been attacked, but did they also know about the missing puppy conundrum over at Wild Rye Field? Lorcan felt the need to tell them, in case the two occurrences were linked, but he would wait until the child was out of earshot.

The pup’s offer to help was not ignored and Lorcan offered the boy a sympathetic smile before he went to glance back towards Emrys, to question if the boy was permitted to carry out such actions. His sweeping glance fell upon another form though, a much larger and darker figure which he instinctively recognised to be more superior to the others. Lorcan readjusted his posture accordingly, shifting down lower and bowing his head as his ears pressed against his crown submissively. With no words uttered from the dark male, the Whitestone wolf finally turned his attention back to his old mentor to respond to his last question.

“I’ve been treating him with yarrow, it’s about all I have left at the moment, but it won’t last.” He began, tail swaying anxiously as he glanced briefly around to each of the faces that surrounded him. “If you have any spare, we would really appreciate it, or I’m open to other suggestions?” Russet ears fell back against his head as he looked towards Emrys, hoping for any advice his mentor could offer him. He was quick to turn his attention back to the dark leader though, golden eyes growing wide and pleading. “I'm afraid we don't have any food to offer in return, but if there is anything else you would like, please, name it.” His voice verged on a whine. It was clear he was desperate. At this point anything that could help with the bleeding and infection would be of use and Lorcan was prepared to offer almost anything in return for it.
(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2017, 10:15 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Guardian Dem 3/3

When Emrys had joined The notch Lorcan had been one of the first wolves he wanted to tell as well as Lachesis. He wanted to be sure his agouti friend could find him if he needed him or wanted to go looking for plants. That however was unnecessary now as Lorcan had found him and whether it was a happy accident or not he was glad to see his friend. Emrys nodded as Lorcan showed concern for Jynx’s well being after her accident, “Yes, she's made a full recovery by now and is back to her duties.” Which he knew had made her father happy since she hadn't liked the idea of a recovery when the pack needed her most.

The healer wasn't concerned with Lorcan not visiting sooner, they had all been busy taking care of their packs through the winter. It could be expected visits would be much fewer but he did smile at Lorcan's words, “Yes, pack life seems to be agreeing with me more than I thought it would.” Emrys hadn't had the chance to check in with the agouti healer before Jynx’s accident to he inquired about the wound the man had suffered. “I'm glad to hear that. I had been worried but had been unable to come and check in with you before Jynx and winter setting in.”

Their conversation turned to more serious matters and the reason for Lorcans visit, terrible news. This wasn't the first time he had heard bad news from one of their neighbors that week and it was rather concerning. However before he had a chance to ask Lorcan what he might know about the missing child Ryker appeared greeting him with a lick to Emrys’ chin. The beta bumped his shoulder with his muzzle in a friendly greeting before returning his attention back to Lorcan. Finding out the youngster had lost an eye was devastating news, “I am sorry to hear that, please give him my well wishes.” However Lorcan said the boy was coping, “Coping is good you mustn't let him get too sad about it. It will most certainly take some time to adjust but he'd young so he might bounce back pretty easily.” Emrys hoped this was the case with the pup, he didn't want to see anything bad happens to him.

The healer had to wonder what was going on in the lowlands for a pup to come up missing and another to lose an eye from an attack. Emrys couldn't help but wonder if they might be related and if so who did it. His gaze went to the pup at his side worried that something bad could happen to him. Gent knew about the puppy but Emrys would also have to give him this news as well after he and Lorcan had concluded their business at the border. The dark leader needed to know so precautions could be put into place for the children. He hoped however that whatever was in the lowlands hurting pups wouldn't think to come near the notch.

Emrys smiled down at Ryker when he offered to help glad the boy was taking an interest in what was happening. “Let's see what kind of plants my friend needs to be sure we have them and can help, okay?” Emrys told the boy, one so he wouldn't think he was being ignored but also would help him to learn how this particular situation should be handled. Plus when he sent the boy it would help him to not have to carry so much. The sound of footfalls reached his ears, he turned his head to see that Gent had come too. A small dip of his head in respect was given at the alphas arrival. Emrys waited a moment before returning his attention to Lorcan in case there was something Gent wanted to say.

As Lorcan went on to explain what methods he had in place Emrys listened and it sounded like Lorcan was doing what he needed. “You've been keeping the wound clean I'm sure. Yarrow is a good choice, it will keep the infection down and help with any bleeding,” commented proud that his student was doing so well. “I might have a little Yarrow to spare and I will also give you some wormwood it should help in the healing.” He told his friend before turning to Ryker, “Do you know what those plants look like?” Emrys had to be sure the boy knew them before he sent him for them. “I don't want anything for the plants, I consider it a favor among friends. But I should check with my alpha,” said with a nod before turning to Gent, “Do you have something you would like in return?” He asked checking with the dark man.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:50 AM by Emrys.)
Played by Silvia who has 57 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryker Lieris
Returning his father’s greeting when he arrived, Ryker merely sat and listened as the adults spoke among themselves, ears perked as conversation flew over his head. When Emrys turned to him, at ask him to go fetch some herbs, his ears fell flat against his skull. "No, I am not sure what they look like. But!" he grinned at the healer, still happy to try and help. "If you tell me what they look or smell like, I will be more then happy to go fetch them!" Ryker might not be trained as a healer of any caliber but he did not wish to disappoint his packmate nor the visitor to their borders.

As soon as Emrys would tell him what to look for, Ryker would head off to fetch the herbs that were asked for and return as quickly as he could once he found them. Though, he realized, that the herbs better still have some scent to them or he might have some trouble to identify them. Not that he was going to say that aloud to the others. Emry would know of his eyesight problem and knew it would be better to tell him how they'd smell, if they had one.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The longer he listened, the more evident it became that Emrys was was truly well acquainted with this stranger. It wasn't unusual for the man to be polite and friendly, but there was a particular ease and compathy between the two even after he arrived. It was also noticeable that Emrys was willing to give away their resources to the man at a moment's notice, without want for anything in return and clearly without checking first with alphas' that they were keen on sharing. Gent trusted his beta, and was certain the man would never deplete the Notch's stores foolishly, but he had to wonder just how easy it might be for others to whittle something out of him with a sad story, even in the dead of winter when supplies would not be replenished. They would have to discuss it later.

"A favor owed," he responded, as the buck was passed to him in question of what he might want for these supplies. It was said with a smile, nothing unfriendly or testy about the matter. So long as it was acknowledged that the Monadnock wolves were willing to be just as gracious in return one day, this particular instance of charity would not hurt.

"I'll go with you, son," he then said to Ryker. It would be a good learning experience for the boy, and much easier for Gent to show him than for Emrys to describe it. When they'd gotten what was needed, the alpha would go his separate way, allowing the young boy to take back the boon on his own. He certainly didn't need his father hovering over him for that, and Emrys had things handled at the border. There was need of the leviathan elsewhere.