Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 201

Two weeks? While it wasn’t as soon as Tagg had thought, its timing was still worrisome. “That’s coming up...” He mused.  He didn’t want to see his friend go. “I’ll miss you and I wish the timing was different, but I know you need this.” He smiled.

It seemed he had given Kajika the impression he was bothering him – it wasn’t far from the truth – but Tagg had certainly tracked him down when the beta wanted to be alone plenty of times so he couldn’t be too mad.  He felt bad to being aloof.  “No, no… you haven’t bothered me. I’m just a little preoccupied right now.” He smiled, then sighed.  “Have you heard Namid and Vespertio have decided not to have pups this year?”

He was getting close to telling him the news, and he knew Moon would likely be upset if he did so without her.  It might also be better not to tell the teacher until he got back.  The last thing they needed was for Kajika to worry about them while he was away.  Yet the news that their alphas were not having a little this season would be explanation enough to Tagg’s mood. That’s what he hoped, anyway.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika nodded when Tagg pointed out his trip was coming up, “It is, I've been trying to let all those who are important know before I leave.  I don't want anyone worrying about me.” Though he felt that with a pack as close to a family as their he couldn't stop them from worrying.  Something Tagg said next made him curious, “I'll miss you too but what's wrong with the timing? Should I maybe push it back?”  Kajika knew the breeding season was coming, he'd already taken care of that so he wasn't sure what else there was so he hoped Tagg would enlighten him.

Just as Kajika was starting to feel that perhaps the tawny man wanted to be alone and The dark man had decided to leave Tagg stopped him.  The beta turned back around, “I understand how that can be,” After all hadn't he been preoccupied for the past few months. Tagg went on to ask about Vespertio and Namid not having pups, Kajika nodded, “I have heard though I can't really blame them but I’m a little confused as to where you're going with  this?" he said brows knitted together. This conversation was getting a little weirder by the moment.

Kajika had grow so very confused she Tagg had brought up the choice their alphas not having pups but Kajika wasn't worried.  He felt that it might be a good thing for them both after the events of the last year.  He couldn't imagine them having been easy in anyway but that still didn't change the fact Tagg seemed to be stalling, “Come on Tagg just spit it out.” Kajika stated as he wanted to know before he would have to go on his trip.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 08:18 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 222

Thought his goal had been to keep Kajika from worrying, the opposite seemed to be happening.  Tagg sighed; it seemed his fate to make everything worse.  @Moonshadow was going to kill him. “I was going to wait because I know Moon will have wanted to tell you, but we asked for permission to try for pups this season.” He said reluctantly.  He watched his friend for a reaction.  How would the beta react to this breach of rank?

“They told us we could, but only because they aren’t.  Already I knew asking was out of place, and while Moon and I are both incredibly happy about the opportunity… I feel a little weird knowing none of the pups in the pack this year will have Vuesain blood.” There, he spit it out. He glanced around and lowered his voice. “When Moon tells you, please act surprised.  She’ll kill me if she knows I told you without her.” It was an exaggeration, of course, and while he knew she would never actually hurt him, he didn’t want to unduly make her mad.

He was also worried that if she heard his doubts from someone other than himself, she might think she was the cause of those doubts when in reality she wasn’t.  It would likely hurt her, and that was something he never wanted to do.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It seemed he has been able to get Tagg to confess what something, Kajika wasn't sure if it was the something he'd been waiting for.  The shock that might have crossed his face did not. In fact his features remained neutral as Tagg told him about their asking permission. “She doesn't have to tell me, I already know,” stated Kajika evenly no hint of what he might truly be feeling. The truth was whatever he was feeling went beyond his feelings for Moonshadow and more about pack, rank, and right.  There were also reasons why he felt it was much too soon for the couple. He shrugged internally in that part as he would not forget what he'd said before.

Tagg went out to explain what it was that was bothering him exactly and Kajika as always listened.  He did not disagree about asking for them was out of place.  What was their reason anyway, because they had to start a family then? What make the fact they were mates more firm? Yes Kajika had asked but he had not asked for himself and he had not asked for the sake of starting a family no he asked because he felt it was important to Des after all she'd been through. Besides there was no guarantee he would be having puppies asking had just been him preparing in case the opportunity presented itself.  Then they wouldn’t have to worry and instead just enjoy the moment.  What Tagg and Moonshadows have done  he wasn't sure he agreed with many of their actions. Still he kept it to himself keeping his emotions in check and his facial expressions unreadable.“Take this for what you want but I think that Vespertio made a good choice taking this year off. So much happened last year that I am not sure Namid is ready.  They have their blessing and if they weren't okay with it they wouldn't have given it.” For Kajika it had been a gift that they had helped him to give to Des and he couldn't be more grateful.  He didn't think twice about the decision as Vespertio and Namid had said their piece as did he.  They had come to an understanding and that was what was important. “I will tell her as I have told you, I won't bring you into it,” he assured the tawny man, “Doubt Moonshadow could stay mad at you for very long.”

Kajika chose not to share the fact that he to had gotten permission for one he liked to keep whatever was going on with Des between him and her.  Also just in case he and Des didn't have any pups, he didn't want everyone to get excited for them and then become heartbroken when it didn't happen.  So until things were a little more concrete he decided it was best to not say anything.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 09:03 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 215

Kajika would have been well within his rights as a beta to remind Tagg of his place, but the beta kept whatever concerns he had to himself.  The veteran could appreciate the fact that his friend would trust the judgement of their alphas in that situation.  After all, he hadn’t been present and therefore wouldn’t know that the mated pair had made sure their alphas knew they were loyal and not trying to usurp them.

“That does help.” He agreed with Kajika’s words.  While he didn’t really know the details of what had happened, there had been a reason Moon had stepped up as alpha in the first place.  Tagg only hoped that their queen would be recovered by the following spring.

He supposed he shouldn’t be surprised the ruling pair had informed their beta of the decision.  It wasn’t like it was a secret or anything.  And Tagg couldn’t help but feel relieved that he wouldn’t be under scrutiny from his lovely mate for sharing their news without her.

Probably.

“I suppose you’re right.” He smiled.  As usual, Kajika had managed to ease his mind, at least a little.  He still felt weird about it, but he knew the alphas wouldn’t have given them permission if they hadn’t been okay with it. They owed him nothing.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Whatever he felt about the decision for Tagg and Moonshadow to ask their Alphas for permission to have pups had to be pushed aside.  Namid and Vespertio had made their decision so therefore it was no longer his place to say anything to either of them about it.  Instead he remained neutral in the situation only offering some words that might ease the tawny man's mind as he expressed this real reason for the worry he had.

A small smile spread across his face at Tagg's words, “I'm glad I could offer my services once again.” It was a small jest but perhaps it meant that he was slowly getting back to his old self.  It could also mean he had gotten much better at hiding his true feelings on matters he thought it best not to say anything about.

The fact that Namid and Vespertio had made the decision to not have pups wasn't really a surprise to the dark man.  After what happened with her last little he didn't think Namid would want to risk going through it again.  She did love her children and seeing what it had done to her he was glad they had chosen to sit this season out.

Kajika nodded, “ It's all in his you look at it I suppose.” Just as he did their alphas had given their permission and he knew if didn't want them to have it he wouldn't have given it.  Though Namid was a friend and so kind he was sure that had she felt the same as her husband she would have sided with him easily.  Kajika didn't feel there was anything to feel uneasy about.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 09:51 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 226

The beta seemed  to be very knowledgeable in many things, particularly when it came to their alphas.  He had been in the pack for quite some time, after all. “Indeed,”  Tagg said in response to his comment, and left it at that.

Kajika was a good friend, and Tagg was lucky to have him.  He would be sad to see him go, but he was also confident in the beta’s ability to take care of himself and was sure he would return to them safely.  He wasn’t sure what the pack would do if their teacher and beta were to disappear. “Have a safe trip and take care of yourself.” The russet man told his friend, butting him on the shoulder with his head.  “Try not to take on a whole back by yourself.” He smiled.  He wasn’t sure exactly how skilled at battle the darker man was, but he’d held his own against the cat they’d killed well enough. He would be fine.

“I suppose you have a lot of preparing to do, so I’ll let you get back to it… thank you for taking the time to come find me and say goodbye.” He wasn’t sure how he might have reacted if he’d gone back to the den one night and found that Kajika had disappeared without a word. He was glad he didn’t have to find out.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Ooc: Just a short quick exit post.

Once again the dark man had managed yet again to ease Tagg's mind about there not being any Vuesain pups.  He wasn't exactly sure he should have done it but perhaps it was best he did, for Moonshadow.  Though that was a whole different thing that Kajika had been avoiding thinking about and wasn't ready to start then

“Thank you, that means a lot,” he stated a small smile crossing his face when Tagg wished him well.  He did laugh when his friend told him not to take on any packs by himself, “Well I will try not to,” he jested before nodding.  "Yes I've still got a few things I need to take care of and a couple other goodbyes I need to say.” Kajika wasn't really looking forward to more food byes but he didn't really have a choice because she didn't want to hurt anyone by not sayinf good by to them. “No problem, I'm just glad I was able to find you to say goodbye,” he stated offering the man a smile

He then have the tawny man a nod before he turned and disappeared into the trees of the cove. He was feeling a little better about the way that has ended then began.  

exit

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2017, 08:55 PM by Kajika.)