667 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia

Unwritten Rule — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
@Gent and @Jynx 

The healer was still having a hard time believing the last few days had actually happened, Jynx and him admitting their feelings and becoming mates.  As happy as it all was there was something he needed to do especially if he and Jynx hoped to get permission to have pups.  The thing was he wasn't exactly sure how he was going to tell Gent bit he needed to know.  Emrys had left Jynx side in the den to go in search of Gent so that he could break the news

If asked the healer wouldn't lie, he was a little nervous about what would happen but he felt he was the one that needed to tell the dark man.  He had been looked for Gent for a short amount of time but hadn't had any luck.  It changed though as he came through the heart of their territory and saw the man moving among the trees. “Gent,” he called to the man as he made his way over to catch up with him, “I was wondering if we might be able to talk?” He added once he was closer to the man.

(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2017, 06:26 PM by Emrys.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Despite the depths his and Raela's relationship had gone, Gent still was not anywhere near proficient when it came to emotions, much less recognizing them in others. While Emrys and Jynx's romantic tension was probably clear to most others within the pack, it went completely over the alpha's head. It wasn't until days before, when his wife had finally pointed it out, that he was at all aware. Of course, the potential for what all that could mean struck a chord within him. But the two of them were exemplary subordinates, loyal and dutiful both. When they had needed her, Jynx had not hesitated to step up and had been handling leadership since as though she'd already been in those pawprints before. The shade king trusted them, but he was also a paranoid creature and far from naive.

Few wolves had ever been satisfied with commitment only.

A part of him wanted to confront the situation, to pull Emrys or Jynx aside and question them on the matter. More than that, however, Gent wanted them to prove that his trust was well placed. To come to him from the start of it and prove their transparency. So when Emrys caught him midstroll, calling out to him and claiming that he wanted to discuss something, the king hoped that this was the day his faith would prove to be well placed.

"Sure. What about?"
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

How much Gent already knew about his relationship with Jynx was something that Emrys wasn't privy to.  However, the healer didn't think that mattered because it was his job to tell his alpha about the relationship.  It was one thing to keep it from their subordinates but he needed to show his loyalty and trust to Gent.  

Emrys was relieved when he finally caught up with the dark Alpha, the sooner he got it out the better off they would all be. A smile crossed his pale features when Gent agreed to speak with him.  “It's about me and Jynx,” he started, “As you know she and I have been friends for a long time but things between us have changed recently.” He looked into the alphas dark face to try and gauge what he was thinking but he should behave known it was impossible. “We admitted our feelings for each other and I recently asked her to be my mate.” He got it all out but felt there was one last thing he needed to say. “We do understand stand our place and would never take liberties.  We care too much for you and Raela and the pack.  We wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that.”

The last thing Emrys wanted was to burn his bridge with the notch king, his friendship was important for him to mess it up by stepping out of line. “I'm sorry, I Should have come to you when I thought this had a possibility of happening," he said letting his gaze drop to his paws.

(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2017, 08:17 PM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Right out of the gate, Emrys proved his initial hope right. Would he fulfil the rest, though? Gent's pale eyes were transfixed on the other man's features, listening intently to every word that poured off of his salmon tongue. He confirmed what his mate had told him, and while he had never doubted Raela's intuition, he had secretly hoped she'd been mistaken. Of course, she wasn't, and he did not like the sense of complication that this affirmation brought to him. Still, he held out for his friends' sakes.

Gent was a bit disappointed to hear that the two had already cemented their relationship, without ever speaking a word to either himself or Raela about the matter. His mind attempted to make excuses for them, conjuring all the reasons he could think of as to why they would not, but it didn't change much for the blue-black leviathan. Still, Emrys tried to reassure his alpha, and admitted that he was a bit late in his confession. That acknowledgement did mean something to the Notch King.

Shifting his weight, he thought a moment before responding.

"Yes, I would have appreciated that," he informed the other, unwilling to coddle the male needlessly in this situation. Emrys clearly understood just how uncertain the ground he walked was. It was in Gent's nature to be authoritative, to talk as an alpha to his subordinate, but with a breath of release he forsook the roles they held in acknowledgment that the beta also truly was his friend.

"You know how this looks, don't you? That you've kept this to yourselves, made your decisions without a word to me or Raela? Explain it to me, so that I can understand why. So that I can trust you with this."

For once, the eminent male was not commanding, he was asking, the please unspoken but present all the same as he gazed upon his comrade.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He had not hesitated or beat around the bush just as he and Jynx had talked about because it was better instead of drawing it out.  He did not want to draw it out for the alpha, the man’s time was precious.  The healer felt that if he drew it out longer than necessary then is showed a disrespect for Gents position in the pack.  It was not to the case, he respected him not only as his alpha but a friend too.  Emrys was glad to have an alpha that he could feel that way about when he knew that leaders like Gent weren't too common.  He also felt he owed the man an apology  for not coming to him sooner to tell him about the fact that he and Jynx were now mates.

The words that flowed from the dark male expressing that he would have appreciated knowing sooner.  Emrys didn't lift his head from his paws waiting for a punishment of some sort.  This was a serious thing he and Jynx were playing with and he knew any infraction could lead to just as serious of consequences.  His head lifted in surprise when Gent, instead of giving a punishment was allowing him to explain.

The while healer took a deep breath and tried to not remember the last time he tried explaining himself. “I'm sorry but I don't have a grand excuse,” he started, “It happened quickly and it's my fault,” he admitted.  “I suppose us admitting our feelings has been something that was bound to happen but a few days ago it just came out and it was the same for her.  I should have come to you then and told you that I wanted to ask her to be my mate.  I was so caught up in trying to make it perfect for, finding the right place to ask.  It was only a couple of days after we told each other how we feel.”

He couldn't think of anything else to tell the man on his own behalf to explain his behavior and why he hadn't come to him sooner.  So as he waited to hear what the dark leader thought he lowered his head lower than he had before. Hoping that Gent would see he did know his place and that he would uphold it.  That this was just a lapse in judgement and he realized his mistake.

(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2017, 09:52 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Well, at least he was being honest. At least, that's what not having much of an excuse at all said to Gent. Otherwise, he would have come up with something elaborate, wouldn't he of? Genuinely, from both the words that were being spoken and what the king knew of Emrys and Jynx both, he felt as though there was nothing more being hidden from him, that neither of them were capable of scheming behind the original alpha pair's backs. Still, the paranoia remained firmly rooted within his mind, and he couldn't help but speculate with as much room as that few days allowed him.

He tried to put himself in the other man's pawprints, but empathy had always been pretty far from Gent's reach, and he certainly didn't have any life experience to pull from. He'd never even been close to Emrys' situation, and so he had no chance of knowing just how reasonable this explanation actually was. For their friendship alone did he feel compelled to accept it as likely.

"I only worry what else the two of you might get caught up with."

He didn't want to lose them both to foolishness and impulse, nor to whatever bigger and better things they might wish to pursue. In the future, perhaps they could afford the duo leaving to establish an allied pack, but now? The Notch needed them, especially with Raela out of commission for the foreseeable future.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He'd wished he had a better excuse as to why it had taken him this long to come to the man about him and Jynx.  Since he didn't he felt telling the man that he didn't right away was a good idea, he hoped it might show some kind of good faith. As his explaining fell from his inky lips it sounded worse and worse and he could only hope it made sense.  Unfortunately it was all he has so he had to go with it still he hoped for the best.  Hoped that his status on the pack, the work that's he's done since he came, and his friendship with the alpha would shine through.

The healer did worry he might be chased off the more he ran his mouth but if hadn't yet happened, he saw it as a sign.  The longer it took and the more questions asked, Emrys felt that Gent was trying to give him something but to what end? He supposed he would find out soon enough.His head and eyes lifted to meet the alpha’s once more as he was asked another important question. It was a valid worry and one that had he been in Gents shoes might also have.  Emrys nodded that he understood.

“I understand your concern.  I can only hope that this one mistep in judgement on my part won't be held against Jynx, she didn't know.  We hope that our past performance in the pack will help to ease your worry and also my word that it won't happen again.  Your trust and friendships with you and Raela are too important to us to do something behind your back.  I wish that I could give you more than that but I am afraid that I don't have anything to give but my loyalty.”

He didn't know if that would help him to regain some of the favor he might have lost by not seeking the man out sooner.  He let Gent think over what he'd said not wanting to add more just then, not really knowing if he had much else he could say.  He suddenly found himself wishing his better half was there, surely she could help him out.

(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2017, 10:51 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
I understand, the other male assured him, and Gent fully believed that. The more the other man reassured him, the better he began to feel about it all. He was still unsettled, but Emrys had always been an upfront and undecorated man and even now that was easy to remember. Gent's head bobbed in positive acknowledgement of the words his beta spoke. Yes yes, it was their history that made it possible for the dark king to view this in any sort of kind light, rather than condemning them for their relationship (something that Raela very well might have had cross words for him doing anyways). 

"I know. You've both done more for us all than I could've ever hoped for. You've more than earned your positions in this pack."

The affirmation came easily off his tongue, for it was very much the truth. Gent shuffled his paws, before sighing. Yes, this would be alright. He could trust them. He had to believe that. Another nod, this one more confident than the previous dips of his muzzle.

"Very well. Thank you, for coming to me with this. And congratulations, to you both. It's, a great thing. To find someone like that."

Not the most eloquent way to put it, but obviously he knew firsthand. If he didn't have Raela, he would be half the man he was today, if he'd even survived at all.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys more than understood why Gent seemed hesitant to want to believe that something like what had just happened wouldn't happen again.  All he had to do was put himself in the alphas shoes and he would feel exactly the same thing.  Emrys was trying his best to make things better despite the mistake of not coming to Gent sooner about him and Jynx. As he watched his leader's reaction to his words it seemed that he may have helped to reassure Gent enough that the man didn't seem to be so upset about the news.  Emrys was relieved, he'd been worried about him and Jynx having to find a new home or any number of punishments.

However, as Gent spoke about he and Jynx doing so much for the pack and earning their positions Emrys could feel the heat in his cheeks.  “Thank you, it's always a pleasure to know that we are successful in helping to keep the pack strong.” The healer dipped his head in appreciation if Gents kind words.

He would have to pass the words, well actually all that had been said off to his mate, he worried it might upset her.  Jynx still deserved to know and he had no intentions of keeping it from her. The next words from his alpha made Emrys smile as it seemed he had accepted his and Jynx relationship, the healer couldn't be happier.

“You're are welcome, I never had any intention of keeping it from you and I am glad to have the friendship with that I can come to you with these things. And thank you, I will pass your congratulations on to Jynx, she will be pleased. I'm lucky to have her in my life.”

Emrys felt a lot better now that he and Jynx had Gents blessing. He'd never had any intentions of keeping it from the alpha and was glad to have been given the opportunity to explain himself.  Jynx would be happy to hear the news and he would be happy to share it with her.

(This post was last modified: Mar 06, 2017, 03:02 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Yes, that was what set Emrys and @Jynx apart. The work they put in wasn't for personal glory or achievement, it wasn't a situation of 'doing for others so they'll return the favor' as was often Gent's motivation. Their effort was for the pack, and while the king believed that individual survival was the ultimate mover of all things in life, he knew that either of them would be willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the Notch. In a way, he could acknowledge that this made them better wolves than him, and he was thankful for it.

As Emrys returned his thanks, expressing his own gratitude and reaffirming their friendship, Gent stepped forward to knock his muzzle against the other man's before wrapping his jaws overtop his snout and growling affectionately. When he released him he moved past him at a slight trot, a swing of his head indicating that he was headed off.

"I'm going to go tell @Raela the news. She'll be happy for you both as well, I'm sure."

And that was really all he had to say about the matter. For now, anyways.

/Fade