Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
RE: The Lore experiences a bout of unseasonably warm weather. Hunting post 1/4
lorcán & inna
I don't have to tell you what this is all about
because baby half the fun is figuring it all out
So don't turn off the lights, I don't wanna be In the dark tonight
because I can't read your mind, I need to know if What I'm doing is right

Lorcan had been positive that the harsh chill of winter had finally begun to melt away over the last week, but apparently someone had forgotten to inform the mountain of that. A line of perfectly formed paw prints trailed after him as the male continued to pursue after the dark figure ahead of him. Why he had decided it had been a good idea to search for prey in the mountains, he had no idea. Maybe his suggestion to search for prey atop these perilous heights had been made with the subconscious desire to keep Inna to himself, away from the wanting gaze of other males.

One thing which had become clear to him over the past week though, was that Inna wished for his company. On occasion the dark female actively sought him out, didn’t hesitate shower him in affection; whilst other times she acted more distantly around him and wouldn’t let him approach until she permitted him. To Lorcan, the constant invitations and dismissals were nothing more than an exciting game of cat and mouse and the thrill of the chase was what kept him soo keen.

Trailing behind her, it was hard to focus on anything other than her intoxicating scent and so hesitantly he shifted up his pace and moved to search ahead of her, brushing his body alongside hers affectionately as he passed by. Golden eyes scanned the grey mountainous landscape, and the light which pink light which scattered across the rock from the setting sun. Dark nostrils flared as he took in a deep breath of the freezing air. A chuff erupted from his charcoal lips towards Inna as he caught the faint smell of prey somewhere up ahead. Slowing his pace to a cautious walk, the agouti male lifted his nose to the air and waved his muzzle from side to side to try and pinpoint the prey’s location. “Do you smell that?” He murmured quietly, sensing Inna’s approach from behind him.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:06 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Hunting post 1/4

lorcán & inna

She was back on the mountain once again but it was with Lorcan this time and it seemed the first vestiges of spring had yet to arrive there. The search for prey had driven them out of the Lowlands so as Lorcan had suggested they'd moved into the Mountains. The burning and itching coursed through her growing a little more intense with each passing day. Her moods had recently begun changing more often as the longer they travelled together. The hunger that wouldn't be satisfied by hunger had also started to grow as did her understanding of what was happening to her.

After the first time she'd stopped him from going any further than sniffing her Inna had made it clear she wanted him with her. She would often go to him seeking to show him just how glad she was he'd stayed. Other times she became irritable the snow often being able to take the heat and itchiness away, those where the times she'd push him away but he stayed. Despite how many times she pushed him away he never left her. When she was ready it would be him she'd decided, it wouldn't be fair to him to not. He was the only one she would consider letting make her better.

She was ahead trying to catch the scent of something they could catch and eat but Lorcan soon passed her taking the lead. Her skin was on fire the itchiness nearly unbearable, she hoped the hunt would take her mind off it for a time. His brushing against her as he passed her on the trail they had chosen to travel sent her already sensitive skin tingling. His question was followed by Inna doing the same as him with her nose “I do, but don't recall what it is..” she replied as she came up next to him brushing his side as she did.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:12 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Hunting post 2/4
lorcán & inna

Russet ears swerved behind at the sound of Inna’s voice and he turned back to look at her as she approached, sweeping his muzzle along the smooth length of her back when as she brushed up alongside him. It was clear that there was something nearby, but what exactly apparently neither of them knew. “Well, I guess there’s only one way to find out.” He grinned, before leaning into the thick fur of her neck and nuzzling her gently. “Come on.” He beckoned, keen to take the lead as he broke into a trot up the path.

Following his nose the Whitestone subordinate made his way slowly down the worn trail which ran alongside a steep cliff face. After a while they reached a turning in the path and as he slowed to turn the corner he spotted movement. Golden eyes glancing up to eye up the small herd of mountain goats which grazed along the perilous side of a step rocky ledge. Their position made it almost impossible to reach them, they would have to spook them down onto more level surface. Salmon pink tongue swept hungrily across his lips as he lingered by the corner, hoping to keep out of sight as he observed them and tried to think of a plan.

His eyes scanned the steep ledge upon which they grazed. It seemed quite flat at the top with enough room for a wolf to stand there and look down, if only he could work out a safe route to climb up it. “Can you see a way up there?” He asked Inna, waving towards the top of the ledge with his muzzle. “If one of us could get ourselves up there, we could spook them down off the cliffs.” He whispered. Though the close proximity to Inna exposed him to her scent, hunger was proving to be a good distraction.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:28 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
hunting post 2/4

lorcán & inna

Her ebony form came up beside her agouti friend the proximity she kept to him was close enough she brush against his side. A quiet purr left her as she felt his muzzle run the length of her back bringing her a little relief. Her orange gaze falling on Lorcan as he spoke about there being something head. "Yes, I'm afraid there is." she agreed a little worried about what they were getting themselves into. The scent they both smelled was one that Lorcan didn't know either but she supposed they would find out soon enough. "Right behind you" she called as she fell into a trot behind him up the path.

Inna stayed behind him on the worn trail which travelled along the cliff face even when their pace had slowed. She didn't want them to have any accidents as they chased the new scent. Their pace slowed further as they came to a turn in the path. That was when Inna came up beside him keeping close so she wouldn't misstep stopping when her eyes fell on the sight of the small goat herd. Quickly she analyzed the situation before then and saw that they wouldn't be able to get to the goats to catch them unless they found a way to bring them down. Her orange gaze shifted to him once more before surveying the situation once more for anyway they could use to get the goats down.

She saw that ledge and its flat top which it seemed a good place for a wolf to stand. She also scanned the surrounding area for any way up to the ledge. She looked at the areas around the cliff face for anything that could work in their favor. Then she saw it a small deer path running down the side of the cliff face and around to the flat ledge "There." she whispered to him."A small path that we can maybe use to get above them." It seemed a good plan, they might be able to control the herd better. She found the deer path and which also led them into his next question "Do you want to go or should I?" She whispered back. She felt they might have part of a plan but she couldn't be sure just yet. With having to think of a plan she had become too distracted to think about her symptoms.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:23 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Hunting post 3/4
lorcán & inna

“There.”

Lorcan turned his head to match his line of sight up with hers, listening carefully as she pointed out the small path she had spotted. Golden eyes scanned the area and narrowed as he focused on the path through the quickly dimming light. Swaying his tail in agreement, Lorcan leaned in to silently place a grateful lick on her forehead.

If one of them slipped up that path and scare the mountain goats down to the bottom of the rocky cliff face, the other could remain hidden behind the corner and spring out on the herd once they were all corralled down on the more flat area at the bottom. You go. Make as much noise as you can.” He murmured quietly, turning his gaze upon her for encouragement. “I’ll wait here and ambush them.” A smile then slipped across his charcoal lips as excitement began make his heartbeat faster.

Holding back, the agouti male waited in position as Inna crept around to reach the path that were lead her up the ledge. Lean muscles tensed as he waited with baited breath, impatient to chase after and sink his teeth into one of the herd members. With any luck, he and Inna would feast well tonight.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:28 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Hunting post 3/4

lorcán & inna

The question had been if she could see a way up to where the goats were and there just happened to see a deer path she thought would serve them well. She pointed it out for her agouti friend and when he finally saw it he was pleased. She closed her eyes as he placed a lick on her forehead. It was getting later in the day so they would need to just before they ran out of light to get the hunting done. Though she figured if they were going to be staying in the area for a few days getting used to the area. She wasn't sure what they were doing after catching one of the goats besides eating. The quiet grumble of her stomach reminded her that she was starting to get rather hungry.

Her gaze returned to him as he told her she should be the one to do up the path and make a lot of noise. He would wait there and ambush any that came down the mountain towards him. She wanted sure she liked the idea of it but since it was just the two of them she nodded, "Be careful," she told him as she placed a kiss on his cheek. One last nod and she was off keeping as quiet and unnoticed as she could until she made it up the deer path.

At the top she started barking and growling down at the goats and with just enough they went charging down. Right into Lorcans waiting trap at the bottom of the cliff face. She watched how all of ran right into the path where he was waiting. As soon as the ebony Baranski was sure he would be okay for a moment she made her way down to him. She reached the bottom just in time to see him lash out at one of the goats and take it down. Inna sped up to help him with the struggling animal so that Lorcan wouldn't get hurt.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:33 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Hunting post 4/4
lorcán & inna

Golden eyes watched anxiously through the dimming light as he searched for the dark figure of Inna to appear up atop the rocky ledge. His tail swayed behind him when she appeared right on que and immediately began barking and growling loudly towards the mountain goats. Their instinct was to move away, and without knowing of Lorcan’s position just around the corner, the small herd made short work of clambering down the dangerously steep cliff face to reach the more level plateau of the mountain path.

Lorcan had but a few seconds to pick his target. He went for the one which moved slower than the other. It was limping on its right back leg which made it easier to grab a hold of. In a flash of movement the agouti male dashed out from his hidden position around the corner and raced straight to the target, jaws parting wide to as he scrambling towards it side-ways on to finally clamp them down around its neck. The beast was stronger than he anticipated though and, even with its lame back limb, it put up a struggle. Luckily Inna had made her way back down the path and moved in to help him. With the pair of them biting down on its neck and throat, the goat soon stopped struggling.

Licking the blood from his mouth, Lorcan let out a satisfied snarl and dumped the body to the ground. Immediately he moved in to bite at the thick white fur of its neck. A glance was flashed across to Inna and a chuff was sent her way to encourage her to join in and enjoy the feast they had both worked hard to get together.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:34 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Hunting post 4/4

lorcán & inna

The job that she had been given was an easy one, all she had to do was run up the deer path and scare the goats in Lorcan’s direction. Once on top she made as much noise as she could to scare the goats down the cliff face and it worked soon they were heading straight for Lorcan. As they ran she noticed the injured one and wondered if her partner had as well. Taking the deer path once more she arrived at the bottom just in time.

She made it down the deer path just as Lorcan took down the goat with the injury. Immediately before he could get hurt in a struggle with it she jumped in. Clamping her jaws around its windpipe next to Lorcan they did have to fight with it a bit as it didn't want to go down but they both held on and they weren’t letting it go.

Finally they were able to release their hold on the goats neck when it's life had ended. Lorcan immediately started in on the carcass before he chuffed to Inna to begin eating as well. Her partner had torn at the flesh of the of animals neck. Inna slipped in next to him as took a bite as she began eating.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:38 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
lorcán & inna

Lorcan started devouring the fleshy section around the neck, growling and snarling with hungry desire as he teared into the flesh with his pearly white fangs. The Whitestone subordinate hadn’t had a decently-sized fresh kill in ages, with the lowlands being so sparse in prey lately, and so he took particular delight in this one. As blood began to stain his pale muzzle, he shot warm glances across to Inna as he watched her devour her portion. They had worked for this and they had both worked up a monstrous appetite during their travels together over the last week.

Licking clean the large bones of the rib cage, Lorcan’s full attention was finally back on Inna. The thrill of the hunt had got his blood pumping, though after such a large meal he felt a little lethargic. He would need some time to sleep the meal off before they began moving again in the morning. “We should find somewhere to rest for the night.” He purred, leaning over the devoured carcass to lick off a piece of bloody entrails that had stuck to her cheek, inhaling her intoxicating scent as he did so. Moving to stand, he stepped over the carcass and moved to brush up alongside her before licking affectionately at her forehead. He then stood over her protectively to scan the surrounding area for a place to rest.

# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
lorcán & inna

Inna didn't waste any time joining Lorcan as he ate, she couldn't remember the last time she'd had a meal like what was laid in front of him. Her companion’s growls and snarls reached her ears as she pulled at the meat that was exposed to her. They didn't bother her, she knew Lorcan wouldn't ever hurt her, is behavior over the past week had been enough to show her. As she chewed on the bits that she pulled off she would lift her gaze to him every so often. She'd become content sharing her meal and resting places with him proving himself to be a real gentleman during this chaotic time of her life.

She knew she couldn't be easy to live with but Lorcan had taken her behavior, all of it in stride. It had become clear he was also trying to keep her safe and for that she was grateful but she understood her condition better now. Her gaze went back to him once more as he suggested they find a place to bed down for the night. “We should, somewhere close by so we can keep an eye on this. It can be our breakfast before we leave.” she said as he licked something off her cheek. Inna turned her head placing a quick lick along his jaw bone. “Thank you Lorcan” she said quietly. He'd come to stand over her as she cleaned herself up after brushing against her and licking her forehead, she closed her eyes as he did that.

Lorcan did what he could to distract her from the itchiness but the heat still burned sometimes so strongly she couldn't help her behavior. Lorcan was always there the perfect gentleman allowing her to make the decision but Inna was chewing on an important one. She pushed that out of her mind for the moment as she appreciated how protective he'd become over her. Lifting her head up as she licked a few times under his chin.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 01:56 PM by Inna.)