513 Users Online
Isla, Bing, Google, Magg

the sound of silence — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Kisla @Lilya

There was no telling whether the dragon would have challenged Lachesis a second time for his rank. He had not been eager to find out. The ghost had worried that if the one-eyed wolf had taken his spot at the helm that he would have dismissed XIX and his children from the river pack. The pack that he had helped build alongside Kisla and her fallen mate. Removing the dragon had been the best thing Hearthwood could have done—even if it meant losing one of the Baranski children in the process.

He nodded quietly in agreement at her words about the dragon, his dark lips forming into a tight line. Kjors had been desperate for his quest for power, wanting to take a pack as opposed to building his own.

A soft exhale of relief escaped him at her response, his forehead smoothing as he studied the green-eyed queen. He gave a second nod before answering, his peridot’s flickering over to the sparrow at his side before refocusing on his co-lead. “I couldn’t agree more,” he responded once she finished speaking, his tone much softer than it had been before. “I want answers from them before dissolving our alliance. I do not want to be aligned with wolves we cannot trust.” He paused, a frown forming on his dark lips. “I would like to ally with them, also. We can seek them out once I return from Whitestone.” Just because the Whitestone wolves were not fond of their new neighbours did not mean Hearthwood had to feel the same. The two packs in the lowlands could feud all they want—Lachesis wanted no part of it. He did not want to choose sides. “Hearthwood will always be our home. We were the first to make our home in the north and we will be the last to remain.”

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Lachesis coddled their alliance, and Kisla was uncertain as to why – he seemed to have become close to them, and it held light concern to the she-wolf that the wolves of the Monadnock had not bothered to seek out his co-lead in turn – unless Lilya was familiar with them? Drestig had sought them both – something she found respectable. Yet she trusted Lachesis, and it was this trust she placed in him now as he spoke, giving another nod. “I’ll speak with Drestig and Jessie,” she assured him – she was the one with the connection to them, and she was keen to do so. Her eyes swept between both of them, waiting for their response on the matter – her eyes lingered upon Lilya, her heart aching for the woman who had been attacked.

“And I’m glad to hear you say that.” They were the first wolves of the North – it did not make the land theirs, but she would be damned if she would be chased from another home. Her heart at times still longed for Cut Rock River – and  if she ever ran in to @Rook again, she would be certain to leave a lasting impression on him this time. Kisla Baranski was done running.

Word Count: 275

sparking up my heart

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
we can fade here if you'd like? i'd like to get this one wrapped up soon <3 
@Kisla @Lilya

Lachesis did not protest. It made sense for his tawny co-lead to seek out the leaders of Wild Rye rather than the ghost. She had history with them, and while XIX did not hold any disdain toward the pair, Kisla knew them much better than he did. An alliance with the wolves south of the monadnock had been something Lachesis had been musing since meeting Askan, for the dark wolf had left a good impression on the healer. He was overdue for a visit but his counterpart was a much better option to discuss pack relations. While she was seeking them out Lachesis could pay the Whitestone wolves a visit and demand an explanation. He did not know whether or not he wanted to maintain their alliance. The Stark just wanted to see the attacked removed from the pack or things were not going to end on a good note between the packs.

Instead of responding immediately the healer gave a sharp nod, his tongue resting heavy between his teeth. He, too, missed the welcoming scent of cedar that engulfed their former home. The river wolves had sought refuge in the Cedarwood after narrowly escaping a flood only to be chased out by a wolf determined to live up to his heritage. Life had begun to progress in the north, and the land they claimed as their own was similar to Cut Rock which helped mend the heartache.

“I’ll seek out Craw as soon as possible,” he said finally, his forehead pinched. “I do not trust them anymore but I want to get answers.” A frown stretched over his pale maw as he nodded to the sparrow, motioning for him to join her. He wanted to get another look at her wounds before heading off to the monadnock to confront the silver spider. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you