(See All?) Announcements
509 Users Online
Nash, Isla, Google, Bing

The Good Samaritan — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
 @Morganna, @Craw, & @Anaia any Whitestone wolves are also welcome. This thread is back dated to March 12th and takes place after this thread. Kajika and Anaia are a respectable distance from the border.

As with every pack he'd visited Kajika hadn't had very far to go until he reached the border only this time was different.  He had a promise to keep and he intended on doing just that and he hoped it would go as smoothly as he'd made it out to be.  The night before had been spent trying to convince Anaia to come with him to Fallen Tree Cove, he believed she would like it there.  He didn't have any idea what her life was like in Whitestone Monadnock but it clearly made her unhappy and she lived in fear.  It was time for her to get out before she no longer could.  He'd finally got her to agree to letting him ask so all that was left to do was the asking.

He approached the border cautiously stopping a respectable distance from where the markers were the strongest.  He hoped this would go just as well as all of his other visits and that he would be well received.  He was prepared for the worst in case it all went badly when he asked if he could take Anaia.  Taking a deep breath he raised his muzzle toward the sky and let out a clear more asking for the Alpha's if Whitestone to join him at the border. While he waited he looked to Anaia who stood just a little back from him.  She'd stayed with him the previous night and came with him to the border to await the decision.

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2017, 09:53 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Piety was being rather lazy around the monadnock with Morganna nearby when a stranger's call went up. While it was a call for the alphas of Whitestone Monadnock, the Santoro was positive that Morganna wouldn't tell her no to attending the call. She gave the dark archer a friendly nip on the shoulder before taking off towards the call. She didn't wish to keep whoever it was waiting in case Morg wanted to take her time or wished to sniff about a bit more. When was the last time they had visitors or someone requesting for alphas? Surely this must be important.

Her eyes fell upon a dark fellow and Anaia. Piety instantly raised her tail as her hackles prickled some. Who was this male and why was Anaia behind him? Was she in trouble? "Welcome. Who are you and what's your relation to my packmate?" Her tone was strong and serious. She knew nothing about this male. His scent and look were completely foreign to her so she was already on guard. Piety was hopeful that her timid friend would come over here to her side. Her gaze only shifted to look at the pale female before sticking back on to the strange man.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC!  

-------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 265

What was she doing? Anaia had stayed out the night with a perfect stranger, and had let him talk her into leaving.  She wondered if she would be allowed to say goodbye to @Saradathia… Probably not, since it was hard to find her these days. She knew she would be leaving today, she just didn’t know how.  Would Morganna let her go, or would there be a fight? She couldn’t very well stay after asking to leave.

But what if her queen made her?

The more she dwelled on it, the more afraid she grew of retribution.  She wasn’t quite sure where or when the fear began, or something else was the root of it.  All she knew was that she was afraid, and leaving was the only solution she could think of.

But what would this Fallen Tree Cove be like? Kajika seemed sure that the white woman could be happy there, but she had thought the same thing about the Monadnock when she had first arrived.  She’d vowed to pay them back in whatever way she could.  

What a fine job she was doing of that.

When Kajika called for the ruling pair, whose names she had told him, she shrank back, ears falling.

What am I doing?

Fortunately, it was Piety who showed up first.  She had likely been with Morganna anyway; she often was.  This helped to put the younger woman at ease a little, though she did not change her posture.  Piety had been good to her, but how would she feel about Anaia when she knew what was going on here?

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

It was pure luck the scout hadn't arrived the day before. With Craw otherwise occupied and Morganna on the lookout for a monster and a missing cub, he would have only been met by Wraith or Piety for his troubles. As it was however, she had spent the night curled against Piety's flank, the blasted itch still burning under her skin. She knew it would be over soon one way or the other, but knowing didn't improve her mood. So today she had planned on resting, reconnecting with her pack mates after her short (but productive) scouting trip. Starting with the dove at her side.

When the howl went up she rolled her eyes and huffed, knowing that her mate was otherwise occupied with his precious Angharad and the rest of the northern wolves. She managed a smirk for Piety's enthusiasm and set off after the white wolf keeping an easy pace. There was no rush for her to get there, the caller would be answered. As she approached, her speed diminished until she all but sauntered towards the borders with a scowl on her face. Who the fuck came yapping at other packs borders at this ungodly time of the year? And dragging one of her subordinates about no less. The poor girl looked positively cowed by the man's presence and her hackles rose instinctively as her eyes narrowed, flicking from one wolf to the next.

She wouldn't bother opening her mouth yet, nor making introductions. She had been called here after all.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He wouldn't lie he was a little nervous about what he planned to do once Anaia’s Alpha's appeared, he knew there was a chance it might not go well.  A glance was turned in the little female behind him, she seemed just as nervous as he felt but Kajika wasn't one to let his nervousness get in the way.  Though he'd known Anaia barely a day he felt responsible for her especially after making a promise to her.  Though the thought that she might change her mind had crossed his but it was now a wait and see kind of situation.  He believed she truly wanted to leave Whitestone but it was a question of if her fear would keep her from it.

His wait wasn't a long one before a pale wolf came to the border, a female who seemed to be asserting her dominance in the situation. Shortly after that a darker wolf appeared as well with her hackles raised no less.  Kajika wasn't expecting this right away but he didn't let their defensive postures deter him.  His eyes flicked between the two females before he dipped his head to them both.  “Thank you,” he said speaking to the pale wolf who'd asked him about Anaia, “I'm Kajika Tallis second of Fallen Tree Cove.  I came to speak with your alphas on behalf of mine.” A glance was given to Anaia before he turned back to face the two females, “Anaia and I just recently met, I can assure you I mean her no harm.”

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2017, 01:43 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
i've wasted my throes on your head
Piety Santoro

While his thank you was polite it was still lost on Piety. As long as he had Anaia behind him he was not considered fully safe. Kajika the second of Fallen Tree Cove. What a mouthful. Since Morganna was here but wasn't saying anything the dove took it upon herself to give a quick reply. "You're speaking to one of them." Piety didn't clarify which one of them was the alpha because since Morganna's presence was here the dark male was indeed speaking to one of them.

"Didn't ask when you met, asked what your relation is to her." Hadn't Piety just warned Anaia of this time of year and that not all males had good intentions? What was she doing hanging out with some stranger and cowering behind him? Mainly because of the time of year she found it hard to believe that he meant no harm. Her eyes moved to look at the small girl with concerned. Was she going to speak to her own packmates or let this Cove wolf do it all? Piety hoped it was the former and not the latter.

Piety was mostly concerned about the position Anaia was in. The pale Santoro thought they were making progress and getting closer. Wouldn't she have shared if a friend or visitor was coming?

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! WAH Piety is being such a sweetheart and here Anaia is, being totally selfish >.<

-------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 299

Anaia shifted uncomfortably, but quickly gave her respect to Morganna when she arrived.  Piety’s defensiveness on her part made her feel even guiltier.  Here was her packmate, trying to make things better for her, and Anaia was just going to give up.  She began having second thoughts about this, but it was too late to turn back.  And what would happen if she stayed and it turned out to be the wrong decision?

As Kajika explained why he was here and that he meant no harm to the pale girl at his side, Anaia tried to force herself to stand up a little. Morganna was clearly unhappy about the Cove wolf’s presence, and if she was serious about leaving she needed to be firm for once. Right?  

Still, as Piety replied to the newcomer, Anaia couldn’t bring herself to look them in the eyes.  She took a deep breath and managed to at least force her gaze up to Piety’s nose. “I-” She stuttered, having a hard time finding the words.  While she wanted more than anything to stay back and let Kajika do all the talking, she at least owed the Monadnock wolves the curtesy of asking to leave herself.

She took another steadying breath and glanced at Kajika for encouragement before looking at Morganna. She still couldn’t meet her eyes.  “I would like to leave the pack.” She said.  Or, tried to.  I came out all in a jumble and more breathy than actual words, but she hoped the meaning was delivered. “I appreciate everything you’ve done for me, but…” What should she say? She couldn’t very well say ‘I’m afraid of you’ now could she? “I don’t fit.” She finished.  It had been a good enough explanation for Kajika, and she hoped it would be good enough for Morganna.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

The dark stranger's assurances that he meant Anaia no harm only brought a slight narrowing of Morganna's eyes. Were that really the case would he feel the need to state as much? The girl looked mighty uncomfortable to be there of her own free will. She continued to observe in silence as Piety spoke on behalf of them both, her response with regards to his illusiveness around a rather direct question only painting the man in an even more suspicious light. When finally Anaia found her voice Morganna's hackles rose once more. Well this was news to her, but she wouldn't stand in the way.

"So yer alphas make a habit o' sending members out ter steal from other packs?" She met the man's eyes squarely, contempt dripping from every syllable. "Yer didn' need ter pull us out here ter tell us tha'. Best be goin' now. The next time I catch a wiff o' any of yers I won't give yer a headstart." She would give them just a few short seconds to process her words before stepping forward with bared teeth and tail lashing. All it would take was a change in the direction of the wind for her conditions to be met. The next Cove wolf to come sniffing around their borders would be returned to them in pieces.

She'd think others might have more manners when attempting to establish any sort of diplomatic relations with strange packs.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 04:54 AM by Morganna.)
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Looking between the women in front of him he had to wonder just which of them was the alpha he was speaking to.  When the question of his relationship to Anaia was asked again he rose a brow, apparently the pale wolf hadn't gotten what he meant when he had said he'd just met Anaia. “Anaia and I are Acquaintances, she expressed some concerns and I offered to help,” he said hoping that would clarify things for the pale female.  Though he supposed now with the breeding season upon them it might not have been such a good idea to show up at the border with Anaia in her condition.  “If you're asking if I've bred with her I have not,” he chose to clarify.

Then Anaia spoke informing the two women of her choice to leave the pack.  It all went bad after that as the dark furred woman decided to open her mouth.  Her words were not kind, it was clear she wasn't going to be reasonable about the matter.  For a moment Kajika wasn't sure if he should try to smooth it over or just take Anaia and go. His tail flicked, Kajika was beyond irritated with these women and he would be informing his alphas that this was not a pack they should be socializing with.   After all they hardly gave him or Anaia the chance to explain themselves but instead jumped to conclusions.  In the end he decided they should just go it was time he and Anaia took their leave. “If you would still like to come with me we should go,” he said as he turned towards her before turning to go.

Fade

(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2017, 01:39 AM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health