(See All?) Announcements
571 Users Online
Bing, Sophrosnia, Google, Hera

bone chilled — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
Darkness descended upon the forest as the sun began to fade into the horizon. A silver haze hung to the landscape, now eerily still as if touched by death as the figure of the dark subordinate navigated through the rolling, winding hills of the territory. The day had been long and lonely as he'd searched for food, successfully toting the bloodied remains of his hunt, one of a group of water birds yet to travel to a more hospitable winter homestead. If anything, perhaps the children could be satisfied to have their ways with it; the male knew that a big kill was long overdue, and considered the caribou herds that were in a lucky proximity to the Wildwood, retracing his steps as they led from his leader's den. <i>Almost there</i>, he coached himself as chilling winds danced through the black and silver of his weathered coat.

As the tree line neared, a faint whiff of Elettra's scent caught his distracted attention. The steady pace that he'd kept slowed to an eventual halt as he caught wind of two other scents - Jaysyek's and the unknown scent that was apparently burned into his wandering memory. A snort was his attempt to rid himself of the mysterious smell of the ghost that haunted him, even in his solidarity. However, the fact that his pack mates were near and together drew him from the forest, and his steps were taken cautiously as he emerged into the clearing, now riddled with shadow.

Jaysyek stood in the distance, the most easily discerned of the wolves as her pelt - an icy blue - contrasted with the darkness as it always had, like a lighthouse for a shipwreck. His silver eyes darted from her figure to the surrounding trees, then to the distance and back as he stood motionless and with a mouth full. Though he was eager to run to the Second and his leader and friend, instinct glued his paws in place. The racing of his heart skipped a beat before beginning to pound, as though his body had reacted before his mind had realized that something was off - <i>they were not alone, and it was not Raigo's scent that was fresh.</i>

Bloodied kill hit the ground as his mouth hung in a second of surprise before quivering lips clenched tightly together. The excitement that had formerly beamed from his eyes was replaced by an icy, iron glare. His tongue felt dry as it anxiously slid across the roof of the mouth, like a dead elk dragging across rocks. <i>What was this?</i> was the brute's only thought as he moved through the darkness in their direction, relentlessly focused, unknowingly stepping into what could be a cruel trap.
(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2011, 08:39 PM by Kade.)
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<i>So sorry for the delay. 8c I've been working. Then I got sick and was under the weather for a whole week after that... and then I worked for another week straight right after I recovered. It sucked. Apologies for the semi-crazy post.</i>

<blockquote>The frown intensified and twisted the Lyall's face into an infuriated glare. <i>Good grief, this was ridiculous.</i> He had been on Kade's trail, just itching to have a few words about the matter and any interests he had kindled about the deal had been shot down by Elettra. <i>Elettra...</i> who foolishly wandered off on her own... who made sure he knew his place at <i>the bottom of the pack</i>... who failed to answer the simplest of his questions. His ears boldly turned forward as the sound of another wolf approaching the scene caught his attention over Jayse and Elettra's conversation.

His pale eyes went from the ground and up towards the shadows somewhere beyond the the ring of trees that encircled them. A growl rumbled from his throat and he stood up stiffly as he tried to pick up the eavesdropper's scent. <i>He or she was watching... Listening. Was it... Was it him?</i>

<b><i>"Show yourself,"</i></b> he snarled; his eyes frantically searched the darkness and his breath rose in a puff of moisture in the <span class='word'>hiemal</span> air.</blockquote>
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
Nearing the group, he watched the limited interactions between the wolves. It was as though he'd happened upon them in the middle of something, some gathering or conversation, which he thought little of until a voice called out. <i>Show yourself</i>; a command and a snarl by someone unknown, though the dark male was certain the message of words was meant for him. There had been no mention of an alpha male, a leader, perhaps adjacent to Jaysyek in the pack's hierarchy. But...a leader would have been on the scene when Kade was admitted into Grizzly Hollow's ranks; if not present at that point, a leader would have sought him out, to inquire, surely. No, this was no leader, no one entitled, though the thought crossed his mind as he approached. This wolf was the missing piece, the origin of the scent that had always seemed to narrowly crisscross with his own across the pack's territory. The underlying question was, what exactly he was the missing piece of...

The pace of his movements remained in the face of the outburst; as he neared, the energy of the congregation was dynamic, certainly a bit awkward. Within seconds, his own demeanor had shifted. What was initially a sense of curiosity and caution was transformed into suspicion. Who was this stranger, accompanied at dusk by the leadess and Second? Who was he to command the shadows and what they harbored in Jaysyek’s presence, moreover with Elettra at hand? More importantly, who was this male to command at him, and why? An innate aggression braced the brute as he played the possibilities out in his mind. This would be no introduction; there would be no exchange of names, like there had been before; his cold gaze came to fall upon the pale eyes of the stranger, analyzing the look that they’d conveyed, searching for him. Though it was his temptation to look over Jaysyek, Kade’s attention did not stray from the buff-colored wolf as he came to face him, stopping just short of what could be considered anyone's personal space.

For the first time, perhaps it was not he who had yet to pass some test, to offer a legitimate answer. In reality, he’d been waiting for an answer to this, astutely aware that he was not the only one who’d been so patient. Silently and with winter’s frigid winds at his back, the coal-colored male stood undeniably alone in the midst of his pack mates, who seemed to fade away into the night as he stared through red into the telling eyes of the stranger.
(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2011, 04:31 AM by Kade.)
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i><3 sorry guys i got one nasty bug for Christmas so on't worry upon your own timing X)</i>

She offered no further words, or questions of the encounter between the River wolf, and Elettra. She merely nodded in silent reply, glad things hadn't turned out worse. She believed if Elettra wanted to share more she might on another day, or the story would merely be something that was not spoken of again. The Grizzly Hollow leader placed what was a friendly, and fond lick to Elettra's crown, and her pale tail beat in rhythm with the dark lady's own movement. Her triangle points were naturally drawn to her familiar, honest tone. It was with those words she would try not to worry further, or at least let it show. At least Jayse could do something for the kind lady, letting her get some moments of peace wouldn't be too hard. Slowly the silver stroked leader would withdraw backward not to suffocate her Second, ready to head back to the familiar den of the pack. Or almost....

A thud of flesh upon the ground surprised her, and she angled her muzzle toward the sound. She heard the steps of a dark shadow padding toward them, and instinctively her hackles raised off the nape of her neck, and shoulders. It was <i>Borden</i> who had caught the disturbance, and his words ripped against what had been a calm atmosphere. A slight narrowed, confused look shifted to the russet streaked male, but when her lips flexed to speak she noticed the approach of Kade stalking out of the obsidian night. This time the black cloaked fellow didn't pause to look at her, his sights were on Borden with whom he approached. Within her chest, her breath was trapped tight watching.

This had been bound to happen, there was no avoiding it, but what would happen now? Where would each one stand in Grizzly Hollow? It had been the unspoken question, yet one of most importance. A sideways glance was given to Elettra's pale, silver eyes. Jays' message was clear, <i>leave this to them.</i> If necessary Jayse would step in, but not now. </blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2011, 08:50 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
With the gentle lick of her leadess, Elettra wanted nothing more then to lave herself of the caked blood, twisting, clumping and knotting her fur to then where she might relax herself within the confines of her infirmary, tucked away from the rest of the pack. Though the attention of another struck her, causing her to take in a deep scent of the new comer, though not managing to catch it by the wind's lack of sway. Borden's sudden demand caused her to tense, her already raised tail remaining, tough now her hackles bristled, a low warning growl forming in her throat. He commanded the members of this pack as though he held any power, something of a dream so long ago. Even when he was alpha, he was not around for the pack anywhere near as much as she would have enjoyed.
Kade's approach was quick, the very man which Borden had been seeking. There would be a stand down, it seemed, causing Elettra to do no more then bay at the sidelines. If Kade wished to further prove himself to the pack and to keep Borden's challenge in line, this would be up to Kade only for Elettra could not always be there to slam the former leader back into his place as omega.
It was all it took for Jays vision to shift to her, which would part Elettra's sight from the stand-off and onto her leadess. There would be no words, but by the slight lowering of her head and ears, perhaps this would be enough. Elettra would shift, coming to stand somewhat closer to her leader as still she remained tense, weary. Her pale gaze would once more lock to the pair of Grizzly Hollow male's, secretly rooting for the dark man's victory.
(This post was last modified: Dec 31, 2011, 01:09 AM by Elettra.)