680 Users Online
Google, Bing

It's the thought that counts, right? — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

…as long as you’re my man…

And hell if that didn’t warm his heart a little. Shit. If a wolf could blush, Reyes would have been as red as a tomato. His ears flipped backwards, a soft whine escaping his muzzle. For once, he was at a loss for words – it wasn’t as if Askan had said anything earthshattering in theory. But it was. After that broken noise he said nothing else, as if frozen were the snow kissed his feet. Who knew words could sound so nice?

So he just brushed forward again – not to scent mark the beta, this time, but to wrap his neck around his mate’s shoulder. Only a small sound bubbled free; a lead tongue continued to plague him for several more moments before the wolf finally got ahold of his head. And his heart. Dios mio, imagine if his sisters could see him now.

“Good change,” he mumbled quietly, his voice thick with the sheer effort. “Definitely a good change.” Hell, the first time they’d met left Reyes wondering why he spent the energy – but shit, it sure did turn out for him, didn’t it? Couldn’t imagine his life without Askan. “Dios mio, you’re turning me into a damn sap.”

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

There was nothing Askan wanted more than Reyes' touch. And as always, he wore his heart of his sleeve, as plain and clear as day. He didn't mind if Reyes was a little more reserved,if he tried to play it cool-as he often did-but to Askan's surprise the southerner didn't hide his feelings behind a facade of witty words and a handsome smile. It was all out in the open, like a fragile fawn that had wandered from its mother's side for the very first time,So vulnerable and yet...If this wasn't a show of trust then Askan didn't know what was. For what it was worth, he might as well have exposed the line of his throat, put his life in Askan's paws.

The significance of this moment wasn't lost on him-as obtuse as he could sometimes be-and so when he heard Reyes whine, as though at a loss of what say, Askan merely rumbled soothingly in response. He understood, Reyes didn't have to say a single word. Askan adored him nonetheless and always would, he was in too deep, there was no way out, not that he was looking for one. In fact there was no place he'd rather be,or rather no one he would rather be with.

Humming in approval, Askan allowed his mate to rest his neck upon his shoulder in a comfortable wolf approximation of an embrace. It was good, warm and best of all the weight upon his back was familiar, safe, like he'd come home after a long journey.He both felt and heard the rumble of Reyes' words as he spoke and the feeling made the Selwyn smile like a love struck pup. Which he was, in a sense. Not that he'd quite realised it yet.

The fact that Reyes approved was more than enough to make his chest feel light and airy, like a flock of butterflies resided in his chest. It was a damn good thing Reyes was resting on him, otherwise Askan would probably float off into the atmosphere like a grumpy balloon.

Still, the Selwyn couldn't help but snort. Wasn't he so charming? Askan certainly thought so.

"How is it my fault? You're the one that asked for this, it's not my fault I'm too charming for my own good." Askan couldnt help but snigger at that, as though it was the funniest thing he'd heard in a long while. And it was, because come on! Askan, charming? Yeah right. Askan pulled away-albeit reluctantly- so he could look his partner in the eyes."Besides, you're just as bad, if not worse. Think I'm like this with everyone? You turned me into a sap as well."

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Uh huh.”

He had to admit, Askan did have a point there. This whole courtship gone full-blown relationship thing, that was all on him. Even if the beta was too charming for his own good. Coruscant smile and sunny disposition, all of that. Definitely what Reyes was in to.

The wolf snorted softly, his tail lashing as he threw his shoulder back into his partner. The touch was nice. “Sure hope you ain’t like this with everyone else.” That would defeat the point, wouldn’t it? He leaned forward, nibbling on Askan’s ruff. He kneaded his claws into the snow – and then he moved again. “C’mon. Let’s go back to the den. No need to go cuddling out here.”

Neither of them were big fans of public displays of affection, anyways. Reyes leaned down, scooping the antler back into his jaws before he set back off towards their shared den. He simply assumed Askan would follow behind, and only spared his lover a secondary glance to make sure they were coming along. They could continue their sappy behavior later. In private.

Fade.