(See All?) Announcements
359 Users Online

Bang and Blame — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Ooc: @Roosemooth  Backdated to 3/31.

She could smell him, Roose it seemed had decided to stay along with her and join Whitestone.  This did not make Cheedo happy in the slightest, he of all wolves could ruin the fresh start she was hoping to have.  He knew her past, knew she'd been one of Craw's wives and the last thing she wanted was for her new alphas to find that out.  Her mind was made up she needed to have a talk with Roosemooth before he had the chance to go spouting off about her to Wraith or Piety.

The small female wasn't opposed to sharing a pack with the man.  They had been for a long time now so nothing would change there but this pack was different and she wanted things to be different.  The only thing she wanted the same was Mitt, he had been there for her through a lot and she wanted him there with her through this change.

She hunted him down like she would a rabbit she was hoping to have for dinner.  They had a lot to talk about and she wanted to get it done before either of them became too comfortable in this new pack.  Catching sight of the man she'd been trailing she moved to catch up to him, “Roosemooth,” she called her tone cheerful.

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2017, 11:46 AM by Aideen. Edit Reason: fixing html )
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Flywolf who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC! The weather was freezing fog during the day, right?

--------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 284  

Roose had spent the day familiarizing himself with the territory.  He’d been a while, but he hadn’t actually taken the time to wander the land and get to know each detail.  Such knowledge might come in handy someday.

He still felt weird about this.  For so long he’d thought Craw was dead, yet invested both time and energy in keeping together the family. He’d had faith that his former protégé hadn’t been dead, and he’d been right… but only partially.  He wasn’t the same.  That he would go chasing after a woman who was angry with him was bad enough.  For him to leave behind the rest of his pack… he wasn’t the same man Roose had watched grow up.

Odysseia was gone too.  He didn’t know where she’d taken off to, and he didn’t know if she was coming back, but he’d learned long ago not to hold out for hope. It was time to make a new life, find a new protégé.  With a new ruling pair and pups on the way, Roose could be patient.

Odysseia was gone too.  He didn’t know where she’d taken off to, and he didn’t know if she was coming back, but he’d learned long ago not to hold out for hope. It was time to make a new life, find a new protégé.  With a new ruling pair and pups on the way, Roose could be patient.

The sycophantic woman always irritated him, glomming onto the strongest man in sight.  She had no sense of loyalty, as far as the older man was aware.  Even worse, she was close to the Morelli man. He needed to keep an eye on her, and being friendly was the best way to do it.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Finding that Roose had joined Whitestone instead of following craw as he chased Morganna to who knew where was a bit of a surprise.  She detested the man as she did the rest of the group.  The only good thing about that she'd found was that she could stomach him a little more than the rest.  It bothered her more than she would like that he'd come here too and now she was left to make sure he didn't say anything about her past.  The last thing she wanted was everyone to find out she used to be one of Craw's wives.  Even more than that her children, Mitt knew and she was sure Roose knew but she didn't want to whole of Whitestone to know.

It would be hard when Piety’s pups came, seeing them grow as her pups should have but never did. Playing on the tundra and learning the skills they would need when they were older.  Cheedo shook her head to push those thoughts a way, they were meant for a time when she could be comforted by her white knight. In that moment she had Roosemooth to deal with and with her newly gained confidence it might go better than she hoped.

She'd caught up with the man tail tucked between her legs and ears flattened as always.  No point in letting him know right away that she'd changed a bit. “Fancy seeing you here, though you would follow Craw?” She said in a hushed tone when she'd caught up with him. She stopped on his left side just behind his shoulder, “I thought we should talk.” She'd decided to just get that right out of the way and she could stop trembling about it.

Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC!  

Word Count: 210  

He had very little patience with wolves who who was desperate to impress everyone. Such people didn't understand the concept of loyalty; they were unable. He felt that true loyalty was rather rare these days.

So when Cheedo came sidling up to him with her tail tucked and a platitude in her lips, Roose had to repress a snort of irritation. Her words about Craw irked him, but he simply smiled politely. "I am too old to go traipsing about unknown lands. And I think we can both agree the Craw who brought us here was not the same Craw that left us years ago."

He supposed his Craw really had died when he'd been thrown off that cliff, and he never really did come back. The older man was brought up in surprise when the girl before him said she wanted to talk. What could she possibly have to say to him? Nothing of interest, he was sure. "Anything for family." He said pleasantly. "Did you have something specific on your mind?" It wouldn't do for him to be rude. He did still have a use for Cheedo, after all. And he supposed she really was 'family', since they were both here. And it never hurt to be polite.

"Speech"  Thought

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

It was not ideal having Roose stay behind in the same pack with her but she supposed if she had to be stuck with one of them.  As always she was left feeling like she had to play nice with the man especially now when much to her disdain she wanted something from him.

The little about woman was surprised that he had not followed Craw, she'd thought he would follow their former leader to the ends of the earth and back.  It didn't matter much now though, he was gone and they were in Whitestone starting over once again. Her good ear tipped forward as he spoke, she nodded in agreement, “No, he hasn't seemed like the same  man since we came to this place. Maybe something happened to him after he went over that cliff?” She didn't really know if that sort of thing could really happen but it would explain Craw running off after one woman.

If Cheedo were honest she couldn't say that she was upset by the change in Craw, him going after Morganna left her to live her life.  That was why she'd sought Roose out in the first place. His mention of the word family in relation to the two of them had her pause a moment, 'Were they really family?’ Cheedo wasn't so sure but then she supposed in some way they must be by now.  She shook her head before her gaze went to the advisor once more. “I do actually, I want this to be a fresh start for me Roose. To move on from the past and the things that have happened. This is our chance at a new beginning and I don't want to waste it.”  Things were different for her now and she wanted to see where she this could take her. 

Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC!  

Word Count: 303  

He had spent a lot of time thinking about Craw since the fateful day he had disappeared and had been thought to be dead. Roose had never really believed it; he was not one for denial, but he couldn’t seem to accept that his protégé, the boy he’d directed as he’d grow into a man, could be dead.  So he’d done his research.  Investigated.  The lack of a body had always left something inside of him unsettled.  He knew it wasn’t over.  He’d known the spider would come back to them; it was his birthright. It had never once crossed his mind that the wolf that walked away from that river would be different from the one that went into it.

He was such a fool.

That was pressed upon him even more now, with Cheedo’s agreement.  If even this simpleton could see it, why could Roose have seen it sooner? It seemed this was just one of those days when every word spoken to him would cause him irritation. It took everything he had not to snap at the girl in front of him.

He was glad he didn’t, though, when she told him why she wanted to talk.  A new beginning, hm? He thought slyly. Of course she wanted a new beginning; she was lucky Craw hadn’t skinned her alive for cozying up with Morelli.

Still, he didn’t really understand why she was telling him this.  If she wanted to be friends, he could accept that.  Being friends would certain give him an interesting perspective, and it would give him better access to her and her knowledge.  Access to Cheedo was access to the Morelli man. He couldn’t pass up an opportunity like that.

“Yes… wasting a second chance is foolish indeed.  They come so infrequently.” He agreed politely. “What do you want with me?”

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

The chance they now spoke of in their former leader was one that Cheedo couldn't say she was sad about.  It meant that instead of having to be Craw's wife as she once had been he had found one woman that he wanted to be with.  That left her free to be with Mitt without the worry of incurring and wrath in the spider.  There were still times she wondered if he ever thought of their lost children but maybe it was better that she didn't know.  What if he told her he never thought of them, that he was too concerned with the life he had now.  It was something she didn't think she could hear.

Being in Whitestone, having a pack that might actually want her around, it could be the chance she needed.  Cheedo knew she'd been stuck in the past, what happened to her birth pack and in Ritter, her children.  These were things that she couldn't change but maybe here in Whitestone there was a chance for her to move forward.  She of course would not forget her children and didn't know if she could ever have more.  That's what was nice about Mitt, he didn't push her into something she wasn't ready for.

As she spoke to Roosemooth explaining to him what exactly she wanted to speak with him about she kept the cheerful note in her tone.  Though she was almost certain that he knew she disliked him as much as as he did her.  Still they were in the pack together, the only two left it would seem so it was maybe beneficial they try to get along.  If she had to choose who she was stuck with Roosemooth wasn't really on the list.

“You have to grasp it and run while you can,” she said in agreement with his words about a second chance. “It's what I intend to do now that I'm in Whitestone.” Of course the question was what she wanted with him and it was that moment she let her tail uncurl just a little to make herself seem a little more confident. “I would appreciate it if you kept what you know about my past to yourself,” she said seriously but keeping the cheerfulness in her tone.

Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC!  

Word Count: 206 

Roose knew his dislike of Cheedo was mutual.  There were no illusions where they were concerned. Still, he could respect that she remained polite and kept a cheerful disposition though he was sure she was quivering inside.  It’s how she spent most of her life after all.

He couldn’t begrudge her the desire to start over.  Wasn’t that what he was doing, after all?

He cocked his head as she finally spit her request out.  She wanted him to keep her past a secret? Didn’t she realize half the wolves in the pack knew her history? Was she ashamed?

He mulled it over for a moment before voicing a question. “Are you ashamed of your past? Are you embarrassed to have been chosen by Craw to bear his children?” He knew her lost pups were a touchy subject, and mentioning them would likely get him a quick answer. Then again, she had once been honored to be a member of their great leader’s harem. She was changing.  Still, what better way to determine the change than to measure it against her difference in reaction?

Still, he found no reason to share her ‘secret’ yet. “Even so, I will do as you have asked and keep your history private.”

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo hated the fact that she had to come to Roose to ask this favor when she was more than aware of how he felt about her. It was the same she felt about him which left her with an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.  Regardless the favor needed to be asked so she did.

The little agouti was glad when he seemed to understand stand her desire for a new beginning which she hoped it would mean he would do as she asked.  He would keep her past to himself, it would at least give her the chance to tell their alphas when she was ready.

Her good ear however came forward as he mentioned her being ashamed of her past and his worst crime in this conversation, speaking of her children. What she wanted to do was strike out at him, let him know she did not even want him thinking about them let alone speaking about him but Cheedo took a moment to compose herself after mentally falling part.  Lashing out at this man would never get her what she wanted so she made sure her expression and tone did not betray her.

“Ashamed? No, I am not ashamed nor am I embarrassed but I worry.  You can not deny Craw left our alphas in a bad position which has become more apparent upon joining the ranks of the Monadnock.  Being and advisor to our former leader is a lot different than being one of his wives.” Cheedo wasn't stupid, she knew what that could mean for her, “I think it best I be the one to tell them when the time is right.” That however wasn't the only reason that she wanted him to keep it to himself. “I want a fresh beginning and how can I achieve that if I continue to live in the past.  It's best left where it belongs and moved on from.”

She offered the advisor a polite nod as he stated he would keep her history private, “Thank you Roose, and perhaps this could be a new beginning for the two of us,” she said with a pointed look though she was under no delusion that it would be.  Their dislike of each other was mutual and years in the making, it would take years to undo what had been done, if it ever could be.