658 Users Online
Google, Bing

South Bound Suarez — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
OOC: This is an All Welcome thread.

The first step in growing accustomed to her new home was get to know her new home.  Piety had showed her around her first day in Whitestone but that had been a bit of a blur.  She had still been feeling from the fact she'd actually been accepted into the pack.  This time Cheedo wanted to take her time as she learned where everything was inside the territory.  It would help her to feel more comfortable in her new home and that was her goal. The whole point of this was so she wouldn't have to be on her own but she also had to feel comfortable.  Not only on the territory as she went about her daily duties but also with her packmates too. It had been a long time since she had sought out any other wolves besides Mittani.  She hoped her time here went better than the time she spent with the group or in Ritter.

She'd gone hunting in the morning and had scared up a rabbit for the cache mostly though so she didn't have to feel bad later.  The rest of her say had been spent exploring the territory and getting to know as much of it as she could.  Cheedo had covered quite a bit of it but night was coming on and she was ready to rest for the night.  She made her way up the goat path toward the communal den to get some rest for the night.  She'd been hesitant to stay with everyone else at first, it felt much too close, but she needed to get used to it.  She was part of a pack and sharing a den was what they did, she couldn't stay on the outskirts of the group any longer.  Cheedo stopped and looked over the land once she'd reached the top of the Monadnock. 

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
note to self: Wraith/Roose are at WRF at the time of this thread

It was hard to sleep with her mate absent. She was still adjusting to the cool stone where Morganna should have been and while Piety was aware that Wraith wouldn't be gone forever it certainly did feel like it. The expectant female just had to keep reminding herself that he was safe, he had company, and the trip wasn't nearly as long as it seemed. Her tossing and turning wouldn't cease, though. The lack of bodies left the place feeling emptier and colder. A sense of being alone overwhelmed her for a moment. Her breathing was shallow and shaky. There was no one here to comfort her so she'd merely have to comfort herself. Perhaps a nice jog would help her relax.

She slunk out from the den into the night expecting to be alone but someone else was there. The newest female, Cheedo. Piety let out a soft bark to alert the other she was here. The pale leader was certainly impressed with how well the earth female had done. Not even here that long and she also proved to be a reliable member. It gave Piety a sense of hope for the new start. "How are you fairing, Cheedo?" She asked softly as her side carefully brushed against the other Monadnock wolf. Piety wouldn't cease to form bonds through connections. To her, it felt like a good way to truly communicate. Sometimes one's body could display more emotion than words.

Slowly she took a seat next to the small wolf. Her eyes looked out to search across the foggy tundra. It was hard to see anything but it was still a view to behold.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Cheedo was finding life within Whitestone to be different than it had been with Craw’s pack in Ritter. She didn’t feel the same pressures she'd felt there.  The newness of it all still made her a little nervous she still found times when she felt she could breath and relax.  She wasn't one of Craw's wives anymore allowing her to see her pale knight without worry. More importantly all she had to worry about is doing what she could for the pack. She could have moments where she could just sit atop The Monadnock and have a quiet moment to herself. Even in the tundra she hadn't been able to feel like she could have those.  Always on alert for other wolves that could do her harm or food to ensure her survival. There was something else that made her feel like this new chapter of her life would be better. She didn't feel as alone as she had in the past, it was something she had to get used to.

A soft bark reached her ears letting her know she wasn't alone on the Monadnock any longer.  She turned her head to find the alpha female coming toward her.  She dipped her head as the pale woman grew closer offering her a chuffed in greeting. Cheedo was surprised to see the woman out at the late hour but then Wraith and Roose were off visiting one of their neighbors. “Better than I expected,” she said quietly, “I'm not used to living with a pack,” she added as an explanation to her previous statement.  The woman's action of brushing her side against Cheedo's was an unfamiliar act to the small agouti.  She couldn't say that it was an unwelcome gesture, in a small way it was a comfort to her.

Her gaze watched as the pale alpha moved to sit next to her and look out across the tundra.  For a moment Cheedo let silence pass between them as she to returned to her previous activity. “Were you unable to sleep?” She asked quietly as she turned her head to look at the woman next to her.

(This post was last modified: Apr 04, 2017, 02:14 PM by Cheedo.)
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
The answering chuff from the subordinate caused a soft smile to tug on Piety's features. There was no hesitance from Cheedo when the pale leader brushed against her. It was a good sign and caused some of her nerves to calm down. They would be able to relax with each other tonight it seemed. Some company was much needed in the pale dove's life.

Her head turned to look at Cheedo. "Well despite your past I'm glad to hear it is going well for you. Feel free to come to me with any questions or concerns." Piety's tailed swept across the ground behind her. All of the small female's work was being noticed. She did well to keep caches full with what little was available in the tundra. To say that the expectant leader was grateful might have been an understatement. Piety still needed to discuss Cheedo's interests for the future but she figured that could be a conversation had at a more appropriate time.

She was content to let a silence settle between them. Muddy eyes searched for any sign of life in the fog below. Part of her realized it might be a lost cause. Even if something was down there it might be a miracle to see it. Her mind reawoke when her company spoke again. This time a question. "I'm afraid so." Her head still faced forward to look out. "Little cold and wasn't feeling so well." Piety slightly looked down at her stomach. Hopefully, it was nothing more than some nausea that could easily be fixed. "And you? Working late or lack of sleep?" Her eyes looked over to try and catch the gaze of Cheedo.
# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

The alpha female's arrival was unexpected but welcome.  It had been a long time since Cheedo had sought the company of anyone but Mittani, perhaps it was a habit she needed to become comfortable with once more.  The alphas, Piety and Wraith had been nothing but kind to her in the short time she'd been with them. The kindness helped her to feel more at ease like she didn't have to constantly look over her shoulder or distance herself. She welcomed the woman to join her with a chuffed and smile though it was the brush of the woman against her side that caught the small agouti of guard.  It was a strange thing to her in a way but she didn't shy away from it and instead welcomed it.

Cheedo was honest when asked how she was fairing in her new home, it would take some getting used to.  That she expected but to have times when she actually felt comfortable and wasn't afraid she'd made a wrong choice, that wasn't. She offered the woman a nod, “Thank you, in my short time here I get the sense that coming here might be good for me. However, should I need anything I will be sure to come to you.” It was a supportive offer and one that she wasn't used to but again it was welcomed and put her just a little more at ease.

Cheedo's mind drifted a little as the silence passed between them both their gazes drifting out over the tundra. There had been many times in the past she'd thought she'd made a good decision for herself and it turn out badly.  She worried this would be like that but she hoped that she'd gained enough experience to not make those decisions. Her gaze went back to the pale woman beside her, “I'm sorry to hear that.” Cheedo knew how important it was for the expectant mother to get her rest, “Perhaps a little garlic would help,” Cheedo also offered remembering having taken it when she hadn't felt well during her own pregnancy. As for what Cheedo was doing, “I've been familiarizing myself with the territory, I've only just returned. I thought I would sit her a few moments before turning in for the night,” she explained.

(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2017, 01:59 AM by Cheedo.)
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
It truly warmed her heart that the small female thought coming to the monadnock had been good for her. Piety wanted to do everything she could to give all of their members and future members that feeling. She simply smiled and let her tail beat against the ground beneath them.

"Ah no need to apologize, but thank you anyway." Her head did tilt slightly at the suggestion of using garlic. It was not something she was familiar with. Part of her wondered if Lorcan knew about it. "I'm not familiar with such a plant or where to find it. Are you trained in healing?" She asked kindly with curiosity. Even if scout had been the road that Cheedo wanted to go down it would be nice to have someone familiar with the art of healing. They had just lost their healer and with birth and children coming closer every day it was almost nerve-wracking to not have the tawny male about. She always composed herself with deep breaths and good hopes, though.

Her head nodded slightly. "You know, this place is perfect for stargazing on clear nights. Some of the brightest stars I've ever seen I saw right here." The ebony nose pointed at the ground. It was commonplace for her and Lorcan to gaze at the stars. Now it was an activity she usually did alone if ever at all. "How do you like the rest of the place, though?"
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

After Craw and the others had left the lowlands Cheedo knew she couldn't stay on her own, even when she had been out by herself she wasn't truly alone. The other members of their group were always there to return to even if she didn't get along with most of them. Even in Ritter, she'd​ had Mittani to go to but there would have been no one. She might feel nervous around others but she also didn't like being all by herself, that was when thoughts of things she much rather not think about crept in.

Cheedo nodded at the woman's words, ”You're welcome. I hope sleep will come easier later, if you would like I can stay in the den tonight.” She'd been adjusting so hadn't been staying in the communal den much but with Wraith and Roose away she thought some company might help Piety. The agouti shook her head when asked about training in healing. She then looked at her paws as she thought of her own pregnancy. “No, I don't have any real training. My knowledge comes more from experience,” she admitted as she looked up to the woman's eyes. Cheedo wasn't sure she should share about her pups but if it helped the expectant mother then she thought she might have too.

The agouti’s gaze went up to the sky as Piety spoke of stargazing and how the Monadnock was the perfect place to do that. “Stargazing isn't something that I've ever really had a chance to do but maybe now I can have that chance.” With being in a pack she didn't have to worry about the things she used to. At the next question that was asked of her Cheedo gave it some thought before answering. “I like it really well, it reminds me a little of my home before I came here.”

(This post was last modified: May 01, 2017, 02:19 AM by Cheedo.)
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

"I would like that, actually." It would be nice to have some company in the den with it being so empty. They weren't a rather large pack currently so with Roose and Wraith gone the place felt a lot more empty. She didn't expect Cheedo to snuggle up with her like her mate would but just having another body in the den would help her nerves settle a bit.

The pale leader nodded her head softly. "I understand. If you have any other medical knowledge from experience I would be more than willing to hear it." It would be gladly welcomed. Piety didn't know too much about healing so having someone who at least knew a bit more than her or just the basic would be nice. Especially with their lack of a healer around now after Lorcan's departure.

"It's a soothing activity. I usually stargaze to clear my mind more than I do to admire or watch the sky." She admitted in a soft voice. Once upon a time, she may have pointed out stars with a friend, Lorcan, but that time was gone. Now if she wasn't exhausted or wanted in the den she usually sat and stared at the stars for a moment of relief. "I do hope that's a good thing." She chuckled softly before continuing on. "I haven't heard too much about where you and Roosemooth have come from." She knew about their ties to Craw but most things had been vague details.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

The small agouti nodded at the pale woman's words, “It would do us both some good.” Perhaps it was time she started staying in the communal den anyway. She was growing more comfortable with Piety so starting while the men were away would make it easier for her to stay once they returned. The Monadnock was her home now and she needed to start acting like it was and not like she was still on the Tundra with the group from Ritter.

While her medical knowledge wasn't that of a healer who'd been learning for years she did have some. Her experiences in life had taught her enough to get by and not succumb to any injuries she'd acquired. Her ear had been her worse and there had also been her pregnancy that she had learned what would be of use in those situations. “Is there anything specific you would like to know?” She asked hoping to gain some insight as to where the expectant mother's curiosity lay. She didn't want to divulge too much for fear it would lead to more questions but she also didn't want to hold information back from the woman that might be important.

Star gazing was a luxury that Cheedo had never had being that she had spent the majority of the past two years alone. There had been too much to worry about as a wolf of her size and when she was with Mittani it wasn't to stargaze. “I will have to give it a try sometime to see if helps to clear my head. It seems to be an enjoyable activity.” She also thought that maybe it could help her to be less nervous all of the time. “It is for me anyway, it makes it a little easier to adjust to the change.” It had been a big decision for her to follow Mittani back knowing she was going someplace new. Having the place she'd come to not be so different had made it a little easier to bare. “What have you heard?” She asked as her gaze fell to her paws. She didn't want to tell the woman anything that she might have already heard. Cheedo had grown nervous about how much she might have to share with the pale woman.