(See All?) Announcements
575 Users Online
Bing, Google

Knowing I will be okay — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 56 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

"Drestig, Triell, Sahalie, Spieden, Serach, Nefili." The fae spoke aloud again, knowing for certain that if she didn't go through the list quite frequently, someone would be forgotten. "But.. How do I find them? Do I even have to find them? Dad would never be the wiser..." She sighed, of course she'd seek each and every one of them out, that's just the type of wolf she was. But all in all it really wouldn't make a difference if she didn't. "This blows, where am I?" The temperature was dropping with the sunlight, and ever since Nefili left, well, Ro had grown rather lonely. Sometimes even afraid, especially at night. 'Can't be helped. The only solution is finding one of these faceless wolves on the list. Thanks mom, really did me a solid kickin' me out of the freakin' pack.' she huffed.

As much as Ro joked around about it in her head, it really did hurt her to think about the family she was forced to leave behind. Maybe the yearling should of just sucked it up and went according to her mother's plan, but what kind of miserable life would that lead her to live? "Better not to dwell on it. Gotta keep going..."

(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2017, 06:12 AM by Rosalind.)
Played by Kai who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

The thicket had become her home just like she talked about with Vasu, it wasn't place she always returned to.  Now that he had joined the pack it was often just her, that was when the loneliness set in.  Sometimes as she lay in the small nest she'd made for herself she considered joining the pack with him. She wasn't the same wolf who'd left Grizzly Hollow so maybe it could work.  She worried that it wouldn't and she would have yet another pack angry with her for leaving, she couldn't do that to Vasu either.  Leave him like she had left her family, she couldn't bare the thought of not being able to see the one wolf who seemed to understand her.  She just wished he was able to spend more time with her but she know with pack life came responsibilities.

She'd just returned to the Thicket for the night after spending her afternoon hunting and was ready to curl up in her nest.  She hoped that Vasu might come and keep her company as he sometimes did.  That thought left her when she heard a voice which was strange, the thicket was usually quite that time of night.  Nauja couldn't just us leave it so she went in search of the wolf the voice belonged to.   Making her way through the thicket she soon caught the scent of a female and a few moments later a dark pelted wolf came into view. “Where exactly is it your going?" Asked Nauja as she came a little closer.  She stopped a few feet away, a polite distance.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

"Ahh! I---Whaa?" Ro exclaimed, startled by the sudden appearance of another wolf. Female, a bit older, only a smidge taller than herself. "I, oh, sorry..." She stuttered, trying to hastily gather her thoughts before the stranger grew irritated. "I-I'm not exactly sure, ma'am. I-I'm looking for someone, or, a whole flock of someone's really... Maybe.. Actually, Maybe you could help me?" If anything the subject could act as a distraction, keep the woman from growing hostile. That is, unless she was completely opposed to helping others, in which case the yearling would just have to consider herself fresh outta luck and make a run for it.

"I've actually been, uh, looking for help.. But I don't know where the frick I am you see, I've never been here before. I've never seen any of this!" She huffed, a little stressed in recollection of the journey she'd experienced thus far, and little to her knowledge it had only even just begun. "M' names Ro, by the way, It's short for Rosalind.. Not that you.. Probably care, but, in case you did.." Don't panic. Don't you dare panic, Ro. "I-I just.. I'm sorry if I've intruded, this must be your home? And I'm just romping all around it, I'm so sorry.."

(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2017, 08:04 AM by Rosalind.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

It was clear when the girl spoke that Nauja had surprised her with her appearance and sudden question.  The sea wolf has only caught the tail end of what the stranger was saying so she just interjected with a question.  She was not expecting what was to follow but the Seagull had grown patient in her time away.  The apology was shook off as not necessary and the only thing Nauja had been able to do before the girl explained herself. While the sea wolf was curious about the someone's this girl was looking for, “What kind of someones and How exactly do you think I could help?” She asked. These were the questions at the forefront of her mind though the dark woman did seem a little flustered.

“Well, maybe I can give you the help you need?” She suggested if it would help the girl not seem frazzled.  Though Nauja didn't know that he really could give the help to the girl that she need but she didn't let that show. “You're in a place called The Thicket of Secrets,” she added since the girl didn't know where she was. Nauja was also was able to learn her name which was Rosalind, Ro for short. “It's nice to meet you Ro, I'm Nauja and you haven't intruded at all. I have been staying here but it's nice to have the company,” she offered with a smile.

Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

"Thicket of secrets.." The yearling repeated out loud. She'd never heard of the place, and it was highly likely that the name would be forgotten once she started traveling again, however somehow, at least in the moment, knowing actually brought her some comfort. "Thank you, Nauja.. Lovely place you've got here!" Ro smiled, it would appear as if anxiety had her fooled yet again. This wolf wasn't angry at all! "Uhm, Well, I have a list. You see, my dad wanted me to meet these wolves.. Er, could you just tell me if one s-sounds familiar?" There were so freakin' many of them. At least one had to ring a bell, right?

"Uhh, let's see here.. We have Drestig, Triell, Sahalie, Spieden, Serach, Nefili." Though it was probably safe to assume the stranger had never met her newly lost friend, Ro couldn't bear to leave Nef's name out. In fact, he was probably the wolf she wanted to rekindle with the most. "I could even tell you a little about them if you think it'd help, but I'm afraid I don't actually know much I... Sorta got the short end of the stick here, or at least that's what I'm starting to think anyway.."

Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

Nauja gave a nod when the girl repeated the name of the place they were in, that the Seagull called home for the time being.  “You're welcome and thank you, it is rather lovely and peaceful too,” she said with a smile.  There was one thing about the thicket, it didn't get too many visitors, at least Nauja didn't think so.  Lately she had been traveling away to hunt a little more often so it could have the when she wasn't there.  “Okay, I can have a listen and see what we come up with,” she said sitting back on her haunches.  She wasn't sure that she would know any of the names on the list the girl had, in fact she was almost certain she wouldn't.  Still she thought she should hear the girl out just in case.

So that was what Nauja did, she listened to each name the girl rattled off and gave them some thought.  She wanted to make sure she hadn't heard of or meet the wolves the names belonged to. Ro even went on to offer to tell Nauja a little about the different wolves but The seagull shook her head, “I'm sorry but none of those names ring a bell with me but if you would like to go into detail I won't stop you.  I don't know if it will help.” Nauja was going to tell her not to bother but perhaps she'd met one of them and not known it. “Why do you think you got the wrong end of the stick?”

Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

Ah, how disappointing. Ro let out a small sigh as the black and grey wolf exclaimed that she had no knowledge of anyone on the list. However, she couldn't necessarily say she was surprised by the response, the world was a big place after all! "Hey, you know what? That's okay, uhm, I'm alright to just keep looking.." She smiled timidly at her new friend, hoping the inconvenience wasn't too much as is.

"I, uh, well it's a bit of a long story... But I guess it call all sorta boil down to the same couple o' things.. I got kicked out of my pack because I didn't wanna have puppies with some guy, and I wouldn't eat the mushrooms that made everyone loopy, then my dad like.. almost halfheartedly asked me to stay, and when I said no he was basically like 'Oh well okay, go find these wolves for me!' and it's all just.. Really..." She let out another sigh. Ro understood why her dad needed her to talk to all of these wolves, at least for the most part, however it hurt a little bit knowing that he wasn't really considering her feelings or how she felt. "I, uh, mostly just want to find my uncle Drestig.. I wanna live with him, I think.."  

Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

Nauja wished she could help the girl but she hadn't been in the Lore very long this time around. She had been so concerned with finding her family she hadn't really had time to meet a lot of other wolves. So much seemed to have changed in the time she'd been away that even if she had met the wolves she spoke if before she wasn't sure they would still be around. “I really am sorry I couldn't help you but I'm sure you will find who you're looking for.  The lore is a big place, I'm sure someone will know them.” The Seagull didn't even have an idea which way she could even send Ro to find the wolves. However, “I can offer a little help maybe.  There is a pack close by maybe you could go to them and ask? It's a long shot I know but maybe someone there might know of one of the wolves you seek.” It was the best she could do and it could turn out to be helpful.

Ro went on to tell her story of how she’d come to be looking for the wolves on her list and it was quite the story.  Nauja hadn't heard of anything like it before and it was even more strange then how she originally come to be in the lore.  “I think you might have made the right decision in leaving. It doesn't sound like they had your best interests in mind.” The sea wolf had to wonder if they even cared what Ro thought about all of that when they put her in the position they had. Nauja smiled when the girl admitted to wanting to find her uncle. “I'm sure you will find him sooner or later. Has it been a long time since you've seen your uncle?” Nauja could relate to wanting to find her family and she had so she felt that in time Ro would too.

Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

A pack nearby? That sounded both wonderful and terrifying at the same time. Ro was horrible with social interactions, perhaps with a lone wolf she could really work toward pulling something off, but with a pack? Weren't alpha's supposed to be like, angry and territorial or something? The yearling nodded her head with a smile, but that idea would definitely go on the back burner for now. "Ah, I see! Thank you!"

"Oh, Err.." Awkward. Ro had never thought that maybe, just perhaps, it was a little strange that Drestig was a complete foreigner to her. "Actually, I've never met him.. From what I understand, Momma had us while Dad was still in his father's, no, cousin's pack.. He came back about five months ago and we got to meet him for the first time.. I've only ever really heard stories about 'em, My uncle, but he seems like a really great guy from what I've heard, soo.." She furrowed her brows in frustration. This whole plan was so messed up! Why'd it take her this long to realize?! "I know this all must sound funny to you.. I just want a home, y' know? A normal one.." Because seeing ghosts wasn't normal, banishing your daughter wasn't normal.