(See All?) Announcements
757 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis, Neo

Star Light, Star Bright — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Lorcan this thread is backdated to 4/1 the day of Lorcan's joining.
RE:A cold snap seizes Relic Lore in its icy grip!

It felt like only a moment's sun after all the dreary, snow filled days they had and after a morning of hunting Inna meant to take full advantage of it.  She was proud of the morning hunt she'd finished up by putting three rabbits into the cache.  She'd worked hard for them and hoped that they would be a start to redeeming herself to her pack.  She hoped she could show her mother she didn't see the border of Hearthwood as a revolving door and that she was sorry she'd broken pack law.  However, Lorcan had been right in her condition she had to be careful so she'd chosen to take the remainder of her day to rest.

She'd found a sunny spot next to the river though still covered in snow the sun shining down on her ebony coat warmed her.  The sound of the river as she laid with her eyes closed lulled her into a light sleep where she dreamt of how things could be, how she would like them to be.  Her side rose  and fell rhythmically with each breath and an occasional flick of her ear as the breeze blew the small hairs inside the wrong way. The sound of footfalls approaching were lost in the bubble of the river.

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2017, 04:18 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Following on from his less than friendly encounter with Aleksei, the agouti male continued with his original plan to locate Inna. The white snowshoe hare that he had caught on his way to Hearthwood River was clutched delicately between his jaws and swayed lifelessly from side to side as Lorcan loped through the maze of trees in search of the familiar dark female. He had managed to pick up her scent soon after he had escaped from the wrath of her presumptuous older brother, and was now getting closer to finally tracking her down.

Pale paws carried him around the tall trees which scattered the territory as he followed the scented paw prints which had been moulded into the snow. It wasn’t long before his russet ears perked up at the sound of the nearby river which flowed up ahead. A few strides later and his golden eyes finally settled on the feminine dark figure he had been search for. Quickening his step as he approached her, his black tipped tail swayed in greeting behind him though his ears displayed his nervousness as they pressed back against his head.

A chuff was released from his throat, breaking the peaceful tranquillity which had lulled the woman to sleep. He did not dare move in to embrace her affectionately, anxious that she may disapprove of his presence or that her brother was somewhere close spying. Instead he lingered a few paces away, placed the hare on the ground and then called out to get her attention. “Inna..” He murmured, his voice hesitant. 
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Her light sleep had been less restful but it wasn't often these days she was able to actually rest. After a long morning hunting and being as successful she felt it would be okay for her to rest as much as she could by the river. The dreams she had were much different than what she usually had. Life within Hearthwood feeling much different than it was outside of her dream world, her pups being accepted by the pack and everyone loving them because they were hers. Lorcan happily playing with them and teaching them all the things he knew as Inna looked on proudly. Then her worries started to creep in as she dreamed about her mother kicking her out of the pack and…

He ear flicked at the sound of a chuff that didn't quite register as outside her mind and almost drowned out by the sound of the river. Inna sighed but didn't stir fearing the chuff had only been in her imagination, he couldn't really be there when he was in Whitestone. Then the sound of her name though quiet she couldn't deny how real it sounded. She opened her eyes, head turning in the direction the sound had come from. There he stood, “That's impossible,” she said to herself in disbelief.

There Lorcan stood only a few paces away from her, she shook her head and blinked her eyes fully expecting him to go away. It had to be her mind playing tricks on her but when his form didn't disappear into the distance she couldn't deny that he was there. Rising to her feet she moved quickly toward him taking in his scent as she reached him, Kisla was there. Inna knew her mother's scent it had been with her since she was born. She looked into his golden eyes a small tear running down her cheek, “What are...How...I don't understand,” she said before pressing head head against his neck. She did not know how he had come to be in Hearthwood but she couldn't be happier that he was.

(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2017, 05:58 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
“That's impossible.” Lorcan stood there in silence, his ears pressed back against his head, his expression anxious.

He didn’t know what to say or how to react. Not until he knew what she felt about him being within her pack. Truthfully, Lorcan was scared of how she would take it. He just couldn’t be sure if she would be pleased to see his face or not. What if she got mad at him for joining Hearthwood River, for tossing all of their carefully made plans to one side on a whim? He knew that she had wanted his support when he had been a part of Whitestone Monadnock, but would she be comfortable with having him so close to home, so exposed to the prying eyes of her family. He knew his decision had been a risky one and right now he just hoped that he had made the right one.

“I know it’s confusing…but, things changed.” He admitted to her, his tone pleading and desperate as he watched @Inna rise to her feet and move to approach him, his golden eyes wide in panic. He caught the sight of tears glistening in her deep orange eyes as she looked at him and his tail tucked nervously between his legs as questions fell from her lips. “It’s not what we planned, I know.” He whispered, his voice quiet enough for only her to her as she leaned in to press her head against his neck—“No don’t!” He exclaimed with a frown, jerking his body away from her quickly.

He shuffled backwards a few paces before dropping his head in defeat as he looked across to Inna. “I’m sorry…” He whined. We can’t.” He added, giving her a serious look. “I’ve already been interrogated by your brother today.” He admitted quietly, his tail flicking behind him awkwardly. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2017, 08:12 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

This couldn't be happening after everything that had happened​ since the day she’d returned from the mountains with him. She couldn't understand how he could be there in Hearthwood when he'd made it clear about his life there and she had been adamant that she didn't want him to give that up for her. She was almost convinced his presence was part of her dream, that he really wasn't there. Inna couldn't let it go, she had to know for sure that her mind wasn't playing tricks on her. Her nose told her that he really was standing there waiting, the look on his face was one he wouldn't have in her dream. He should be smiling and happy to be with her and their pups.

Then he spoke,his tone worried her as he spoke of things changing but in that moment all she could think about was the fact she didn't have to feel so alone. That he had come to Hearthwood to help her like he promised, she couldn't help the tears that fell from her eyes. As she leaned into him pressing her head into his neck he spoke of it not being what they had planned, she shook her head, “That doesn't matter,” she whispered to him. Then as if he'd been burned by her touch he was backing away telling her no. All she could do was stand there dumbfounded with her brows furrowed at this sudden change more confused then she'd been only moments ago.

He went on to apologize for his behavior and told her they couldn't but then his behavior made sense, Aleksei. She should have known, her brother, they would get to him in a moment but she nodded that she did understand. She took a moment to gather her thoughts now that it had sunk in he was really there. “We start at the beginning what's changed? What are you doing here?” She asked and paused a moment before she whispered, “I am happy you are here,” she tried to reassure him.

(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2017, 10:09 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
She seemed relieved to see him. He felt his chest heave as he released a sigh of relief at her whisper, but could not stand to enjoy the comfort of her touch. Backing away to a safe and respectable distance, in case they were being watched, Lorcan looked across to the dark woman and swayed his tail awkwardly behind him as he caught the furrowing of her brows. “It’s too risky, Inna.” He murmured, trying to explain again as his golden gaze darted around suspiciously.

The whisper that watch stitched on to the end of her question caused his russet ears to prick up and for his tail to uncurl from beneath him. A shy smile formed across his charcoal lips then as he gazed across into her deep orange gaze, acknowledging how she felt for a heartbeat or two, before he then went on to answer her questions.

“Craw and Morganna left, along with half the pack..” He explained, white brows furrowing into dark frown and his dark lips pulling back into a sneer. “I couldn’t bring myself to stick around any longer. I was loyal to Craw and Morganna, but they both let me down.” The sneer was still plaguing his expression and his fur had bristled, it was clear that he was holding back the full extent of his feelings somewhat. “I wanted to start over..” He sighed, glancing across to @Inna then. “So I thought I’d come here…so that I could support you.” He said quietly, his voice only loud enough for Inna to hear. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2017, 08:09 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

When he backed away she was more confused than anything else since they had become so free with their affection towards each other. As he explained himself she understood, “It's okay Lorcan, you’re right,” she agreed quietly. It was risky for them especially if they wanted to keep the fact Lorcan was the father of her children a secret. It was then she realized just how dangerous it could be for them. “I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking.” Inna knew she couldn't let that happen too many more times.

With Lorcan's concern Inna became worried too that they might be watched. She already felt like she had to be careful that her place in the pack was at risk, she didn't want Lorcan to feel that way too. She first needed to know what had brought him to Hearthwood in the first place.

After asking her questions she allowed Lorcan the time he needed to explain what had happened that would lead him to her pack. She watched his face knowing from past experience he sometimes have more away in his facial expressions then in his voice. She wanted to go to him and comfort him as she always had but she thought it was best not to. Instead she tried to give him comfort through her words. “I'm sorry Lorcan, I know how much you love Whitestone, how much it meant to you. I can't believe Craw and Morganna would leave like that, it's understandable you would feel let down by them. With your loyalty being with them and they are now gone I don't think you should feel badly for leaving Whitestone.” She also remembered what he had told her about Piety so it might have been best he left so that he wouldn't have to suffer every time he saw her. “You can start over here, I am sure Lachesis will be willing to help you, he really likes you.” She remembered that from one of their long conversations and from that Inna felt Lachesis would help Lorcan any way he could. She spoke quietly so that he would he the only one to hear her. “Having you here with me and having your support is something I really need,” she told him, “I can't express enough how happy I am to know I have your support. I will also support you in whatever way I can too, and I am always here for you.” She hoped her words helped to give him some comfort so that he might feel better about what he'd done and that yd wasn't alone.

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2017, 10:17 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan offered his friend a polite nod as she noted his warning. They couldn’t afford to get to comfortable here, not whilst suspicions were still high. He and Inna would have to be careful and keep a respectful distance from each other until tensions settled, which Lorcan secretly hoped would happen sooner rather than later. It was annoying having to tip-toe his way around her. Maybe once the wolves of Heathwood had come to trust and respect him he could let his guard down a little. Until then, he had to tread very carefully.

Golden gaze dropped to his paws as Inna tried to offer up some comforting words to him. He couldn’t believe it either, that the two wolves whom he had grown to trust most, had simply up and left them one day. Whilst the situation within Whitestone had been less than stable over the past few months, he had always thought that they would figure things out eventually and that things would return to normal. When that dream had been shattered his heart had swelled with so much anger and betrayal that he couldn’t stand to stick around to try and claw their way out of the mess alongside Wraith and Piety, especially since seeing those two together felt like another stab in the back.

The agouti male did wonder if he had made the right decision to come to Hearthwood River, but it seemed @Inna at least did approve. Russet ears perked up at the mention of Lachesis’ fondness for him. Lorcan lifted his gaze and looked across to Inna then in surprise, a delicate smile forming on his lips. “Really?” He said quietly, almost is disbelief. His tail swayed more positively behind him now. “I was hoping that I could talk with him, actually. I’d like to discuss potential roles with him.” He said with a brightness in his eyes.

He wanted to embrace her then, as she expressed how pleased she was with him being there, but he couldn’t. Instead he offered her another smile. “Thank you, Inna. I think I’ll be needing your help, especially with your brother around.” He grinned. “He really does have an awful temper, doesn’t he?” He whispered playfully with a tilt of his head. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2017, 11:21 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

With Lorcans appearance in Hearthwood her life was going to get much more complicated but Inna felt she could handle it. If it meant that Lorcan could be there for the pregnancy and to watch their children grow then she would gladly take it. She didn't know if he had yet accepted he was going to be a father but she didn't want him to regret missing it. So if it meant they had to be extra careful around each other until he’d been in the pack and gained their trust that is what they had to do. She did not want to risk either of them being chased out because they had made a mistake.

It was surprising news about Craw and Morganna, the way the spider had spoken about his pack she couldn't believe he would abandon them. She could see that his leader's leaving only added salt to the wound Piety had created, she couldn't imagine what he was going through. She also didn't blame him for wanting to leave Whitestone. Inna tried to comfort him the best she could but she felt that he would need some time to get over what he'd gone through. She hoped he knew that if he needed to talk she was always willing​ to listen.

She was happy to hear that Lorcan was already making plans to make a place for himself in Hearthwood. Now that he was in her pack she wanted him to feel as at home there as he had in Whitestone. He seemed surprised when she spoke of Lachesis liking him, she smiled and nodded, “That was the feeling I had when we spoke of you. There isn't any reason why he shouldn't, your a good man and I'm sure a good healer. I think gaining a role in the pack is a good idea. Do you have one in mind?” She was curious about what his plans were. As he supported her she would support him too.

“You're welcome Lorcan and I would be happy to give you any help you need to get your bearings in the pack.” Then the conversation circled back around to her brother, “He does have quite the temper,” she agreed, “And he’s not very happy with what I've done. I will do what I can to help you with him. I take it you've already met him then?”

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2017, 12:30 PM by Inna.)