(See All?) Announcements
544 Users Online
Google, Bing

hello... it's me — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Ayti's heading back to HR, where he should be. Keeping things vague on his meeting with @Cottongrass bc we haven't started that yet. @Lachesis and @Kisla and @Lilya mainly, but welcome to any HR wolves!

[Image: fyebwa5.gif]

The Casanova had spent a lot of good, pleasant, wonderful time in the west. Mainly with a girl or two, but also with one, specific, jolly little white-furred boy. He hadn't wanted to leave, but he had felt a certain... pull toward Hearthwood River for quite some time now. Perhaps it was because of those two enchanting, difficult, wolves he'd met before. For whatever reason, the urge to head back east was strong, and the young, espresso-colored man had certainly learned that following his instincts was almost always the best course of action.

Unless your instincts led you into a honeybee nest. Which... his did.

He only received a couple of stings, but he'd retrieved a large chunk of honeycomb to offer up to the alphas of the pack. He wasn't particularly well-versed in the ways of the wolf, but he knew that packs liked to have something offered up, and he'd prepared a wonderful pun to go along with his precious treat of a gift. Was it worth getting his muzzle stung and his mouth and chest fur sticky? Probably not. But was it funny? Yes.

To him, anyway.

The massive man placed his treat on the ground just outside the borders of Hearthwood River, hoping that Lachesis might be more welcoming to him now that breeding season was over and there was no chance of Aytigin making a move on Lil. Not that there was really a chance of that anyway, with whatever Lach and the girl had going on, but the paler-furred man didn't know Aytigin wasn't that type of wolf.

He'd just have to prove it through his actions.

Ayti cleared his throat and lifted his head to the sky, howling out for the leaders to come and meet him. When he finished his call, he sat to wait, giving his maw a few licks and putting on his most charming smile...

And perhaps ignoring the twinge of worry in his chest that the River wolves might not want him around.
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Guardian Dem 1/3

Even though she had promised to be more careful and take care of herself Inna didn't feel comfortable sitting around all day. She was used to working for the pack even if she was a humble if emotions where they were concerned these days. Everything for inna these days was a jumble of emotions for Inna these days and with everything that had happened she wasn't sure if anything anymore. Her pregnancy was progressing and her worry about the damage she could have done before Lorcan's arrival weighed in her mind. She still needed to get out into the lands and do something with herself so she felt a slow border patrol would be okay.

It was in the middle of that when the call sounded through the territory for the alphas. When Kisla had been gone and even after she'd met visitors at the border. She felt that it was as good a time as any to get back to that so she hurried as quickly​ as she could in her condition to the place the call had come from. As always she stepped out of the forest cautiously as the figure of a pale wolf came into view. She stopped just past the tree line before addressing him, “What is it that brings you to the borders of Hearthwood River?” She asked in a friendly tone. She waited for his answer taking in his scent and the scent of honey in the meantime. The smell of the sweet treat reminded her of how hungry she was but she pushed that back, she could eat once she'd finished at the border.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:42 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
It wasn't long before Aytigin was met by a River wolf. Not one of the alphas - barely one of the adults, really - but a River wolf nonetheless. The Casanova was not averse to meeting prospective packmates, and this one was just too cute... that is, until she approached and he caught the scent of pregnancy on her. It took away the idea of romance from the equation, but the girl was cute, nonetheless. Friendly, too, it seemed, which put Aytigin's slight nervousness at ease. A soft smile played on his lips as he lowered his head to match hers. He knew that his size was occasionally intimidating, and he wanted to make sure he didn't frighten her. It was also an issue of respect - while she was not an alpha, she was still a possible future friend, and Aytigin wanted to make a good impression.

"It's, uh, kind of an odd story. But, the basis is that I had a run-in with Lachesis and Lilya last month, and it wasn't all that great, so Lach told me that I might be able to come back at a better time." He grinned a bit after explaining himself, his hazel eyes meeting her fiery ones even though his head was positioned lower. "My name is Aytigin Delaney, but a lot of wolves just call me Ayti. It's easier to say." His full name could be such a rebarbative word.

And finally, just because it was in his very core nature, the mocha-colored man dropped a little wink at the girl. "Might I know what beautiful name could suit such a beautiful creature as yourself?" he asked, bowing and adding quite a bit of dramatic flair to show her that he wasn't actually coming onto her. A mischievous glint showed in his hazel eyes, and he made no move to approach. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable, if he could help it, but he couldn't deny who he was.
(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2017, 03:36 AM by Aytigin.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Guardian Dem 2/3

Maybe this was part of getting back to what was normal leaving Inna to half expect Lachesis to come out of the forest and bump her shoulder. Someone would have to come but would it be Lachesis? Would that wolf bump her shoulder? She didn't k is what to expect anymore a d that made her uneasy. Everything seemed to up in the air these days that the only thing that really made sense to her was Lorcan but even he had his moments. She had to think of the man in front of her just then being at the pack borders and Inna wondered what had brought him there.

“I can't imagine any encounter with Lachesis being not all that great but it seems you've come to rectify the situation? I'm sure he will be along soon, I just happened to be close by.” The man then proceeded to introduce himself which did bring a smile to the young Baranski's face, 'Well it's nice to meet you,” she offered with a friendly smile, “It is quite the name you've got there, I'm not sure I've ever heard anything like it.”

This felt more normal, her at the border keeping the visitor company while they waited for Lachesis to appear. What the man said next however, Inna couldn't keep the smile off her features, “Thank you, I'm Inna Baranski,” she stated a little shyly. Being called beautiful was a first for her and it was something to brighten an otherwise not so bright time.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:43 AM by Inna.)

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Guardian demonstration 1/3

Lorcan had desperately wanted to and someone all about the surprise encounter with his brother, and the fact that he happened to also be a member of Hearthwood River. It was times like these that the agouti male would have sought out @Piety at the top of the monadnock, would have curled up next to her beneath the stars and allowed her to comfort him as he unloaded all his worries. The pale woman wasn’t here though, so his next best option was to speak to Inna.

Seeking out her raven form, Lorcan eventually caught her scent trailing along the borders of the territory and immediately began to trail after her, his lean form snaking awkwardly through the maze of trees. Dark nostrils flared as he moved closer, inhaling a lungful of her familiar earthy aroma along with the scent of a lone male whom he did not recognise. Russet ears pricked forwards and his pace quickened into a trot as he grew anxious, concerned for her safety given her current condition.

Golden gaze soon fell upon the large form of the dark male who stood at the borders of Hearthwood, managing to catch the flirty wink offered to @Inna and snippets of his last question. The dark fur along his back bristled; he couldn’t help but feel a little protective over the soon-to-be mother of his pups. Not caring as he broke into the scene, he kept his eyes firmly fixed on the large male as he strode past Inna, his tail raising dominantly above his back as he positioned himself protectively off to one side in front of her pregnant form. “And I'm Lorcan.” He said, his voice low and serious as he eyed up the male before flashing a concerned glance back to the dark female.
(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2017, 03:00 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

A call sounded from the borders -- the River pack had remained quiet since the passing of their lead male, and while the honeyed woman had thought the pack would have bulked up its numbers before the winter, it would seem  spring would prove to be busier for them. She was discreetly relieved of this -- with three litters on the way, they could use the extra members for larger and more frequent hunts.

As she weaved her way toward the call, it would seem her pregnant daughter had beat her to greeting the stranger -- and the new wolf, Lorcan. She eyed his tense posture, and Inna's own more relaxed nature before sweeping forward, stating her authority by a lift of her lissome form, attempting to demand attention from her presence alone. She had not spoken much to her daughter since the girl had decided she was going to skip outside of pack borders and get herself pregnant -- but she was pleased to see that her ebony daughter appeared healthy thus far.

Her eyes drifted from her two pack mates to study the loner, her brows arching as she studied him quietly. Tilting her muzzle to both Inna and Lorcan, she flicked her tail through the air, breaking her silence. "And who is this?" Her intent only to have the two offer information that they would have gathered before she had appeared, so the rogue would not need to repeat himself, she then allowed her bright eyes to study the male once more, offering a light nod. "I'm Kisla. Welcome to the borders of Hearthwood River."

Word Count: 268

(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2017, 02:02 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
throws Lachesis in
<3 posting order: @Aytigin @Inna @Lorcan @Kisla

Lachesis had not been straying too far from Hearthwood as the fourth month rolled into Lore, bringing more snow and keeping temperatures much cooler than the Arctic would have liked. With three pregnant females the leader was feeling more paternal than usual, monitoring borders and keeping unwanted wolves at bay. Especially since one of the female’s was carrying his children; XIX was not willing to take any chances considering she had already been attacked the month prior. His teeth clenched at the thought but he continued weaving through the trees, remaining parallel to the Hearthwood border and the trees that protected them from the lowlands.

A call sounded, causing his course to change and his pace to quicken. It appeared, however, that he was not the only river wolf lurking around. A smile twisted his lips as he thought of how alarming it might be for the wolf at the  borders to be greeted by nearly half the Hearthwood pack but that did not slow his legs. Especially since the call came from a familiar wolf—a meeting that resulted in an unexpected turn of events. Perhaps Lachesis should thank the charcoal wolf, for without his disturbing charm and velvet tongue he and the blue-eyed sparrow would not be in the predicament they were now in. An amused snort exhaled sharply from his nose as he approached the trio of river wolves, his tail curled above his back and his chin held high as he took his position beside his agouti co-lead.

“I see you stuck around the north, Aytigin,” he greeted as his brows narrowed curiously, studying the large wolf and the unusual gift he bestowed upon them. XIX gave a nod of acknowledgement to the raven Baranski and the former Whitestone healer. He was pleased to see Lorcán at the borders; it seemed was going to make an excellent addition to the river pack. “What brings you to Hearthwood?” 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
[Image: D9tiam7.gif]

The pitch-black girl accepted his compliment graciously, though it was clear that she was a bit... shy?... about it. Perhaps she did not get compliments often. Such a shame, really - every woman alive should be showered in flattery every single day of their lives. Especially a pregnant one - with the father of the pups rather close by, if the sudden appearance of this Lorcan character had anything to say about it. The arrival of other wolves was not unexpected, and was not at all unwanted. Instead of being riled by the other man's testing tone, Aytigin rather smiled and waved his tail, keeping his head lower than the River wolves.

"Ooh, a tough guy, hunh?" he asked, punctuating his sentence with a wink and a wag of his tail - not at all aggressive. "I take it this upstanding, handsome man belongs to you?" This question was directed back at Inna in a more playful, gentle way. He didn't want to upset one soul at the border today. He'd take the time to be more irritating and flirtatious after he found out if the pack would accept him or not.

And that was the moment that a gorgeous, more... mature woman came into view. From just her presence alone, Aytigin could deduce that the female was highly ranked within the pack - most likely one of the leads, if her stance had anything to say about it. Naturally, the massive loner's own posture lowered into something more submissive, though he was still alert and met her eyes with a smile when he spoke. He was respectful, but he was not going to shy away or be timid. It just wasn't who he was.

He cleared his throat before beating his tail and replying to the woman. "Kisla is quite the gorgeous name. It suits you well," he complimented in a similar way that he had with Inna. He gave the ebony she-wolf a smile after he attempted to flatter the alpha, hoping that she didn't think he meant she was any less beautiful by what he told Kisla. Speaking of, his gaze flitted back to the older woman and he gave a playful, mock bow in response to her question. "Aytigin Delaney, ma'am. Humbly at your service." A grin crept upon his maw. "I was hoping-"

Lachesis finally showed up, which Aytigin greatly appreciated. It was nice to add a familiar face to the mix. He waved his tail a bit more enthusiastically at his acquaintance, still keeping his posture low. "Nice to see you again, Lachesis. That's actually what I was about to talk to miss Kisla about," he replied to the alpha male's question of his intentions. "Do you remember telling me that I could come by at a 'better time'?" he quoted, hazel eyes crinkling as he smiled. "I was hoping that it might be a better time now. I'd like to become a part of Hearthwood River, if you'd all allow it." He addressed the entirety of the wolves around him now, as he did not want to come into a pack with wolves who did not want him. That would suck majorly.

"Uh, I brought you all some honey. As a gift," he announced, nosing the chunk of honeycomb toward the River wolves. "It's sweet, like me." He chuckled slightly at his own joke, then decided to actually argue his worth. "I know I don't really seem like it, but I am a loyal wolf. I'm honest, and I'm not just here for the good times. I'll stick with the pack, even when things get bad. I'm also quite big," he continued with a laugh, eyes now flicking between the two alphas. "I'm strong. I'd do whatever I had to in order to protect all of you. At the very least, I'd be a pretty damn - er, um..." He cut himself off after cursing, remembering Lachesis' aversion to cursing. "Sorry," he told the other man sheepishly, cringing just a bit. "Watch my tongue near your borders, right?" he jested, deciding to leave it at that. Perhaps they had enough to go off of to make their decision.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Guardian Dem 3/3

She couldn't help but be a little intrigued by the man in front of her from the wink he have her to the compliment. Of course she couldn't help but be appreciative of it, what girl wouldn't want to hear they were beautiful. It was especially welcome now when she hadn't been feeling as such. She took it in stride despite the heat that had risen in her cheeks. She didn't get a chance to say anything further due to Lorcan’s sudden appearance. His posture, the tone of his voice, could he have possibly heard what had just transpired? She didn't understand what would cause such a normally friend wolf to assert himself the way Lorcan had in front of the loner. The look of concern he turned on her was met with a shake of her head as if to say 'Not now’. Not in front of this loner and most certainly not when her mother or Lachesis could arrive at any minute. The dark man didn't seem to be intimidated by Lorcans behavior but the question of if the healer belonged to her. She glanced at her friend before returning her gaze to the loner, “We are just friends,” she stated keeping any emotion about how she felt in regards to the question out of her tone.

Iteemed only a moment later that Kisla appeared on the scene, immediately Inna’s posture changed. Her mother's words were still fresh in her mind, she lowered her body, her tail curling under her. She dipped her head and averted her gaze out of respect as a proper subordinate should. The ebony Baranksi waited until her mother spoke before saying anything in regards to the loner at the border. However she didn't have to answer​ the question as the loner took care of that himself but not before a compliment was given to Kisla. Still she received a smile from the man which she returned easily.

Lachesis also appeared to greet the man and as was stated by Aytigin the healer did know him and seemed pleased to see the loner. As it turned out the dark male wanted to join the ranks of Hearthwood. Inna glanced between the two alphas waiting to see what the verdict would be.

(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2017, 08:44 AM by Inna.)