(See All?) Announcements
397 Users Online

headlights call my name — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Inna | sunny 16 ° F, -9 ° C

The pack was starting to flourish despite winter refusing to loosen its hold on Relic Lore. There were some new faces in their ranks, strengthening their numbers and lending more teeth to fell prey for the expecting mothers. Three mother-to-be’s. The thought made Lachesis’ head spin. Last year they had struggled even more, for he and Naia—a long-standing member of Hearthwood—bred in hopes of breathing new life into the sullen river pack. It had worked, temporarily, until the birth of Lachesis’ twins had cost the tawny scout her life. His son, who had taken the Aegina’s surname, had fled in hopes of finding his milk-mother and -sister, chasing fables spun by the one-eyed dragon. Atropos, his aspiring medic, had followed after promising her father that she would bring Kyrios home. That they would return to Hearthwood—together.

As the days passed he begun to doubt their return. He frequented the base of the mountains, hoping he would stumble upon a trail that would lead him to the twins. Every time he came up empty pawed. Like a white-hot blade, agony twisted deep inside his gut at the thought. He worried that he would disappoint the children that Lilya carried around inside her swollen belly just like he had disappointed the litter prior. Perhaps he wasn’t cut out for fatherhood…

Perhaps he should have thought about that before allowing himself to be seduced by the blue-eyed sparrow (while seducing her in return).

Lachesis could not help but fret over Kisla, despite this being her third litter. He knew that if he voiced his concerns to his co-lead she would rip the fur clean off his back, so he kept his distance, observing from afar unless he was bringing her food.

Just like Lilya, the raven Baranski—his sidekick—was expecting her first litter. An unexpected litter, but it was still welcome nonetheless. He dared not mention the raven around Kisla unless her daughter's name rolled off her tongue, first, for he knew how sensitive the topic was. She had broken pack law and was carrying pups who would have no father. His ears twitched at the thought as a frown tugged at the corners of his mouth.

“Inna?” He called out from the edge of the pack dens once he returned from his patrol, his white fur still damp from the morning snowfall. The clouds were dry, now, as they started to part for the golden orb in the sky. A glimmer of hope—maybe spring was finally on its way after all.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna felt badly that she hadn't been pulling her weight with hunting and patrolling like she always had. She felt that if she was doing too much again Lorcan might just skin her alive for it. She also knew that she couldn't do those duties as well as she used to. Still it didn't sit right with her letting the others pick up her slack, especially the new members. One of them she knew only because she'd met him at the border, the other she had yet to meet which she fully intended to do.

She'd been spending most of her time curled up in her den not really ready to face the world when so much seemed to be going wrong. She and Lorcan on top of what was going on with her family. It really was almost too much for the young mother to be so her den seemed the safest place to be. Considering it seemed she had lost one of the only wolves that was supporting her. It bothered her that they were supposed to be friends a d he wouldn't talk to her about what had caused him to be the way he had been. She worried that maybe she'd judged their friendship wrong, that maybe they weren't as close as she had thought.

The warmth of the sun had brought her from those thoughts and out of her den to seek a sunny spot to sun herself. She hadn't been sunning herself for long when she heard her name, it was the voice of Lachesis that reached her ears. Curious what he might want with her she rose to her feet and weaved her way through the trees until she came out of the forest behind him, “I'm here,” she said quietly. Inna had automatically developed a submissive position as she approached him.

(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2017, 09:17 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The river wolves were fortunate to acquire some new members as spring attempted to settle in the lands of Lore. Snow still dusted the ground and fell from the sky in clumps as the temperature struggled to increase. At least there were more wolves working together to bring food to the caches, for before their arrival half the pack was pregnant. A soft smile tugged at his lips at the thought. He had been so worried about the future of Hearthwood prior to breeding season and now the pack would abundant with fresh blood in only a few short weeks. It appeared all of his worrying had been for nothing… but that still did not stop his troubled thoughts. He couldn’t help it; worrying came just as naturally as breathing did.

While his thoughts were mostly occupied by the blue-eyed sparrow, they were also frequently haunted by the raven Baranski. She was in the same position as Lilya this year. They were both expecting their first litter and had no idea what to expect. His tawny co-lead could only prep them so much, but the experience was different for every wolf.

Inna seemed to hole herself up in her den most days, keeping to herself as her pregnancy progressed. It worried (and scared) him. Her mother was expecting her third litter, so she knew exactly how to take care of herself and, for the most part, knew what to expect. While his, er, Lilya was going to be a first-time mother, she at least had the support of Lachesis, who fretted over her far more than he would care to admit. His raven sidekick, however, did not have such luxury. Lorcán had tended to her occasionally, for they had built a friendship when he had belonged to Whitestone, but as the days passed his visits had decreased.

He was pleased to see her walk out of the forest and not her den. The Stark flashed her a warm smile, his tail giving a short, friendly wag behind him. “How are you feeling?” He asked seriously in hopes that the raven would not sugar coat her response. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The warmth the sun provided as her dark pelt absorbed it made her think of spring and while her eyes were closed she could almost imagine that it was upon them. However it wasn't and that worried the young Baranski, it was starting to feel as though winter would never be over. Though she'd only experienced one transition into spring in her life she couldn't remember winter holding it's grip on the land so tightly before. The question of would she be giving birth to the young ones while there was still snow on the ground weighed heavily on her mind. She didn't know the exact amount of time she had left in her pregnancy but she still held out hope that spring would come before they did.

With her still feeling like things were strained between her and her packmates, especially Lorcan Inna wasn't expecting a visitor. She'd been on her own for a couple of days since the argument with Lorcan and him walking away from her. She didn't want to make any assumptions but it seemed he had changed his mind about his promises. It hurt that he seemed to have broke them but she hadn't ever asked him to make them. The Ebony Baranski was surprised that the one calling her was Lachesis, he hadn't been happy to find her pregnant.

She didn't want to keep him waiting and she hoped that maybe she would have a chance to repair any damage she had created to their relationship. She quickly rose to her feet and found him as he waited for her to answer him. She kept her posture as small as she could while she waited to hear him ask how she was feeling. “I'm okay,” she told him quietly keeping her eyes on her paws, “I've just been a lot hungrier but I suppose that is normal. Yesterday I had some dizziness and some other symptoms but they don't seem so bad today.” It had been much worse the sat before which was one of the reasons she'd chosen to lay in the sun, she hoped it might help clear up the rest of her symptoms. She couldn't be sick with the young ones still growing inside of her.

(This post was last modified: Apr 22, 2017, 07:14 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The ghost was unsure how to feel about Inna’s situation since she approached him about feeling unwell and he discovered her (unexpected) condition. He wanted to be upset—perhaps even angry—that she had broken pack law, but he couldn’t. Puppies always soothed his aggressive nerves, whether they belonged to him or not. While he worried that the river wolves would have their paws full this spring Lachesis was still excited about another legacy of Baranski’s. He was not a member of the family but he felt like one, for he had been present for all three of her litters (although the third had not yet arrived). Hearthwood wouldn’t be the same without them, and neither would Lachesis. As long as Inna was excited so was he.

At the sight of the ebony Baranski his tail started to wag gently behind him, his lips curling into a small smile. It worried him that she was isolating herself from the pack. He had been unintentionally neglecting her, for his time had been wrapped up in both the blue-eyed sparrow and the Whitestone wolves. Guilt bubbled up inside his chest as she spoke, her voice hushed as she averted her gaze away from him. “Have you been eating?” He asked, his brows narrowed in concern. “What kind of symptoms?” Keeping an eye on the sparrow was much easier since they started sharing his den; her close proximity meant he could keep (most) of his worrying at bay. Kisla was a seasoned mother and Lachesis knew that if she had any concerns she would seek him out. Inna did not have the same luxury as the other river mothers. A soft sigh rolled off his tongue: “You can come see me anytime you’re not feeling well, you know that right?”

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Time had made it easier to deal with her father's death and she hoped that it would do the same for her packmates and her condition. She still missed her father more some days than others and lately a lot more. She wished he could be there to see his grandchildren bit he couldn't and each day it grew a little easier to accept that. She hoped time would help her and Lorcan fix whatever had happened between them but most of all she hoped it could help the relationships she had with Lachesis and her mother. So she had kept her distance not wanting to push herself on anyone so they could have the time they needed. Inna also considered what her mother had said and how they would be treated as any other subordinate should they step out of line again.

She probably didn't have to with Lachesis but she thought it best to show him the respect his position demanded, that maybe by doing so he could see she was sorry for what she had done. Inna was surprised by the way he greeted her as she stepped into view since she thought he had been angry with her. She nodded at his question, “At least once a day, I try to have something even if it's something small,” she admitted. Since Lorcan had made it clear she needed to eat and rest she was trying to do more of those two things. She had also told him she hadn't felt well the previous day and he wanted to know her symptoms. “Sneezing, a runny nose but it wasn't that bad. My stomach was also a little upset making it hard to want to eat,” she listed for him only because he asked. Her ear flicked as she heard the sign from him before he spoke again assuring her she could come to him. Inna nodded as she brought her gaze to meet his, “You're not angry with me?” She asked in disbelief.

(This post was last modified: Apr 28, 2017, 12:29 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

It pained him to see the raven Baranski isolate herself from the rest of the pack. He knew that she was punishing herself for going against pack law, which only upset the ghost further. Kisla had already done the reprimanding—there was no need for Inna to continue. Regardless of the choices that the raven had made the pack still supported her, and they would do everything possible to ensure the survival of all three litters this spring.

Her answer did not sit well with the river king. “You should be eating more,” he responded in a soft voice, his brows pinched with concern. “You’re eating for more than one now, Inna, you have to eat like it.” He felt guilty for not seeking her out sooner once he noticed her growing more withdrawn. He should have made it known that he was no longer angry with her; that he forgave her. Out of the Baranski children he had always been the closest with the raven (aside from Lekalta, maybe, but that ship had sailed with her absence). She also reminded him the most of Maksim—not in appearance, but in personality, for they shared similar characteristics. It was like having a younger, more feminine version of the fallen river king.

“Are you still feeling ill? I can grab something from my infirmary if you need it…” The expectant mother needed to remain as healthy as possible to ensure the survival of both her and her first litter. They had lost so much the previous spring… the river wolves could only endure so much tragedy.

Her final question made his heart sink, his ears falling slightly as he held her orange gaze. “No,” he started, his lips curled into a frown, “I could never be angry with you, Inna. Just worried, but definitely not angry.” Had he been angry with her in the beginning? Perhaps a little. More so taken aback than anything, and a little frustrated at the situation. But they would preserver because that’s what river wolves did. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

There were so many things that Inna was unsure of these days including herself. Where she stood in the pack, sure she was third but what did that really mean, her mother could strip that from her at any time. The truth was she was lucky that hadn't already happened or worse, she was unsure of the man in front of her as he asked about how much she'd been eating. The feeling didn't sit well with her when she had felt so close to him before. She'd seen the the expression on his face when he had found out, it wasn't one if happiness.

The young Baranski didn't lie when asked how she'd been eating, she'd been doing much better she thought since Lorcan had spoken to her. That didn't seem to be enough though, “I don't want to take too much from my mother and Lilya,” she admitted. After all their pups weren't the result of a broken pack law, “But I will eat more, I promise.” She wasn't sure how much more was the right amount or if there was even a right amount. With Lachesis telling her to eat more she had to if she wanted to make sure her children were healthy. Something did occurred to her she thought she should ask about, “What if there are days when I don't feel very hungry?” She asked since she’d had a couple of those days.

The mother-to-be shrugged her shoulders when asked if she was still feeling ill, “I don't feel all the way better but I think I'm getting there. The sun had helped me feel a little better today but if there is something you think would help I think i should take it.” As long as it wouldn't hurt her children, she wouldn't be able to live with the thought she has hurt them because she gotten sick.

He seemed to want to help her which made her wonder if he was angry with her at all. Instead of waiting and wondering Inna just came out with it and asked. Her spirits lifted a little at the simple word as she met his gaze. A small smile formed on her features as she told her he wasn't angry and couldn't be with her. Her tail thumped the ground behind her before she rose to her feet and went to bury her face in the fur of his chest. She was quiet for a moment letting the relief wash over her. “I've been so worried you were, I hated that you might be. I missed you,” she finally spoke before she pulled away from him to meet his gaze.

She may not have been sure how he felt about her after discovering she was pregnant but she’d always been sure of the importance he held in her life. He had been a constant in her life always there and always willing to listen and help her.

(This post was last modified: May 03, 2017, 01:16 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Inna <3

The ghost gave a sharp shake of his head as she answered, dismissing her words as they did not sit well with him. There were enough river wolves now that all three mothers could eat their fill, for the pack was bringing in more food than they had been before. There was no reason for the raven Baranski to be punishing herself. “Don’t worry about that,” he responded, his tone gentle as he offered her a small smile, “there is enough for all three of you.” He would make sure of it. Lachesis could not bear the thought of something happening to either Inna or her children. In Atropos’ absence the Baranski had almost become a second daughter to the Stark; he cared about her too much to allow something bad to happen to her. Then eat something small, or come find me. The lack of appetite is probably due to your recent illness. But you should still try to eat regardless.”

It pleased him to here that the expecting mother was feeling better—sort of. Despite her face looking a little thinner the raven appeared healthy, which was a good sign for the pups inside her swollen belly. “Some yarrow and hyssop might help,” he offered, his lips still curved upward. He did not want to heavily medicate the mother, for he worried that might do something to the little Baranski’s she was carrying, but a small dose would not help. It would ease the raven’s anxiety and perhaps help her get a good rest, which would chase away the remnants of the illness.

His smile only widened as the raven buried her face in his chest, her tail wagging gently behind her. The ghost draped his chin over her shoulder, embracing her for a moment before she pulled away, announcing that she had missed him. “Never,” he added to confirm his previous words, his own tail swaying like a banner behind him. “I missed you, too, Inna. I’ve been so worried about you,” he admitted as his ears fell to the side, his concern written clearly across his pale features as his forehead pinched. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Ooc: The feels:-)

Though she had been less adamant about working for every morsel of food she took In a still worried about taking food from the pups of the alphas. Lachesis seemed to feel that her worries were unfounded because there was plenty of food to go around. They’d had a few new additions to the pack and she knew that the caches were always full. This knowledge and the healers confirmation that there was enough food did help to ease her fear a lot. “I will eat more,” she promised, “I worry that I have already hurt them Lachesis. Do you think they are okay?” It was something that was constantly on her mind. She'd asked Lorcan but he wasn't sure so she thought Lorcan might have a more definitive answer for her. Lately​ there had been days when she hadn't been very hungry not not hungry at all and since she was supposed to eat more she wasn't sure what to do. Lachesis as always had an answer for you. She nodded to show she understood, “Is there something to help my appetite?” She asked more out of curiosity than actually needing anything.

Though she felt she was nearly over the illness that had struck her so suddenly she could still feel some lingering symptoms. She did worry about taking anything that could hurt her children but she also knew Lachesis wouldn't give her anything that could hurt them. “As long as you think it will be okay.” She trusted Lachesis judgment after all he had been the one to take care if her mother during her first two pregnancies. She was glad that he was willing to help her through her first.

She couldn't express how happy she was to find out he wasn't angry with her but she was sure to tell him she had missed him. A smile formed on her lips as a single tear fell down her cheek when. She heard his next words. “I've been doing okay,” she assured him, “Lorcan and Ayti have been helping and I've really been trying to take better care of myself,” she added bumping his chin with her nose. She was so glad to have him back after feeling like she had lost him for so long. “It's Important to me that you be a part of my puppies lives like you have been mine.”

(This post was last modified: May 06, 2017, 12:37 AM by Inna.)