(See All?) Announcements
630 Users Online
Neo, Bing, Google, Viorel

Out of the Frying Pan — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno
@Jynx @Ishtar This is a join thread for both Nauja and Ishtar. Nauja is with Ishtar a safe distance from the border.

After following the scent of the pack it had left them to the border, Nauja was certain that they had found what they were looking for. She hoped that this would be the only pack that they would visit and that they would be accepted. They had only traveled a few hours to reach the border of this pack which appealed to the seagull, she still wouldn't be too far from Pip and Tyne so she could still make visits to see them. That was important for the sea wolf, she hadn't come back to the lore to make a life where they weren't included.

For their first impression Nauja stayed a safe and respectful distance from the border so the alphas could not become offend.  There were also the gifts she'd suggested they bring as well a rabbit for her which lay at her feet.  With winter still hanging on she felt food was the best gift and one that show they could hunt.  Nauja glanced at Ishtar trying not show how nervous she was but inside her stomach was doing flip flops.  “Are you ready for this now that we’ve come this far?” The sea wolf was having doubts that she did her best to push down.

She wanted to get it over with so with a nod to her friend she lifted her muzzle into the air and called for the alphas.  It was one that told them they had visitors at the border and to please come and join them.  Lowering her head to a more natural position she waiting next to her friend.  They would know soon enough what had brought the two she wolves to their borders.
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Cynthia who has 28 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ishtar
Ishtar was nervous. Very nervous. But she did her best to conceal her emotions, mostly to keep Nauja from feeling them too. Ishtar followed Naujas lead with everything. She too brought a gift as well. A rabbit just like Nauja's. Thoughts swirled within her mind. What if she wasn't good enough, what if they weren't looking for new members, and the one fear that struck her the most was, what if they only chose Nauja. What would she do then. Ishtar was not a lone wolf, she never was. Just for the few weeks that she was on her own, it was almost unbearable.  

She looked to Nauja as she asked if she was ready. "I am." Ishtar replied with a nod. She watched as Nauja lifted her head and howled to the Alphas of the pack. Ishtar soon followed suit. She was going to follow Nauja's lead, she knew how the wolves were here. 

As their howls echoed thorough the land, Ishtars stomach cramped with fear. It was now definitely too late to turn back. Their presence had to be acknowledged by now. Ishtar exhaled nervously as her and her friend awaited the appearance of the Pack Alphas. But she knew the worst of it all was going to be the wait, and the unknowing if the new chapter of their life would begin with this pack or not. 
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Only a week had passed since he'd been made leader of the notch but sometimes it felt like a lifetime.  Emrys was happy to finally be leading next to his mate as he had dreamed about so often thinking they would have to leave the notch for that to happen. It was also bittersweet the reason that he'd been given the position, Gent had stepped down.  Once Raela had recovered from her illness she and Aleris set out in search of a safe place to call home while Gent remained to help the healer through the transition to lead.  Emrys checked in with the man often, he couldn't imagine what he he must be going through to be apart from his wife and in a pack that no longer belonged to him.  The alpha knew that the day for Gent to follow his mate was approaching and he would have to say goodbye to his friend.

In the days since he'd been made Alpha Emrys had been working on a new routine that would ensure he was able to get everything done each day.  When the call from the border reached his ears he'd just been in the middle of checking the caches to make sure their food supply was well stocked. With the returning prey it was less of a worry but Emrys still wanted to keep an eye on things. As always he didn't hesitate in making his way to the border to greet their visitors.  However this time he was making the journey on a different capacity it.

As he traveled through the forest he wondered what had brought their visitors to the border.  He slowed his pace as he came to the line of trees that separated him from the two females.  He observed them before stepping out of the trees and coming into view.  The healer wondered if his mate would be joining him for this or if he would be taking care of it one his own, whatever it happened to be.  “Hello ladies,” he greeted with a friendly smile, “I am Emrys leader of White Fir Notch.  What brings you to my borders today?” He asked looking between the pair.  It was a little weird calling himself leader out loud but it was something he was sure he would get used to in time.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Change was well on it's way to the Notch. Raela had left, to seek out refuge elsewhere while Gent stayed behind. The large black male she had come to respect so much had stepped down from his long reigning position as Alpha, and passed the title on to her mate, Emrys. The pack would know with this drastic move, that it was only a matter of time now, before Gent departed to reunite with his mate and daughters. Grateful for his lingering presence, to ease Emrys' transition into leadership smoothly, Jynx often observed from a distance, when she wasn't pre-occupied with preparing for motherhood.

The russet agouti had been blessed with time on her side to acclimate to her new role, and the responsibilities she must shoulder that came with it. She was able to get used to the new shoes she had to fill. The white healer on the other hand, didn't quite have the same luxury. Time was ticking, and they both knew it. But if anything, Emrys was resilient and adaptable. He had proven himself as such by doing a stellar job as their male second. Jynx knew that with her support and slightly more extensive experience, that he too, would settle into the role of a fine Alpha. He seemed prepared for fatherhood and she was curious to see how he would handle the challenge of balancing life as a leader on top of that. It was a season of firsts, not just for him, but for her as well.

And in the form of a distant call from their borders, just one of many such tests that entailed upholding a pack presented itself. How ironic...how fitting that such a moment would arise so soon after her mates shift in status. Her soft cream haired belly had begun to swell, growing larger by the day as the unborn pups within developed, demanding more space and more food. The gentle stretch of her abdomen was uncomfortable at first, paired with the extra weight. It felt like she had a large stone in her gut, weighing her down. She knew from watching Raela the previous year, that her condition would only progress further. To compensate, she adjusted her gait and rested at more frequent, but short intervals. Today her mind had not been on food. Instead she was beginning to consider possible sites for the natal den. She had reason to be picky, as this was to be her first litter. Already at least a dozen potential sites she had passed up, simply feeling they just were not the right fit, in one way or another. Retreating from a dense cluster of the trees their forest was named for, Jynx turned to face the direction of the voice at their borders. There was not one, but two distinct female scents in the air. Loners, seeking entry, most likely. 

Having been further from the borders than her mate was, she wasted little time in setting off at a brisk, but manageable pace in her current physical state. She had been through this several times before, but was left to wonder if her distance would leave these wolves waiting alone for a little longer than they'd be comfortable with. As she parted through the thick forest that made up her home, approaching the borders, she saw that Emrys had already arrived, standing before two black, nearly identical females. In contrast to his friendly demeanor, hers was more serious, but not hostile as her tail lifted above her back, pinning the ladies with her piercing yellow eyes. A leader had to be fair, but stern and slightly cautious with loners seeking entry. She would not have the Notch give themselves away as an overly friendly, gullible pack who would accept just anybody. "And I am Jynx Myrddin, Alpha  female of White Fir Notch..." Taking up a stance beside the arctic male, she nipped at his chin softly in a show of affection. She fell silent, to allow the pair of wolves their chance to speak.
Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

It was a nerve wracking thing standing at the borders of some pack waiting for the alphas to come.  Then there was the waiting to find out if you were worthy enough to join their pack.  The seagull had only done it once before and she already had family in the pack, Pip.  This time she and Ishtar had to get in on their own merits and they would have to prove themselves every day if they were accepted.  Nauja turned her head to Ishtar and offered her a smile, they could do this. The sea wolf was just glad they didn't have Blitz’s actions hanging over them this time.

She had given the call and stood by her friend pressing her shoulder against Ishtar's side, she was glad to have a friend with her.  She hoped that this time would be different that she would be able to settle into the pack.  This time she didn't have anything to hold her back from doing so.

The wait for someone to meet them at the borders wasn't too unbearably long which Nauja was grateful for.  A white male had stepped out of the trees and declared himself for the two women, he was indeed who they had come to see.  However, before Nauja was able to say anything another figure appeared.  This time a russet female and it was very clear by the swelling of her sides and the scent that surrounded her that she was with child. She too declared herself as leader and though her posture was a little more intimidating than the males Nauja didn't best to keep her composure.

First she offered them both a polite bow of her head before nudging her rabbit forward.  “I'm Nauja Mizuno and this,” she gestured toward Ishtar  with her nose, “Is Ishtar. We’ve come to White Fir Notch in hopes that we could join your pack and start a new life. We have brought gifts for you to add to your cache.” She didn't know what kind of impression that had left but she felt that she had made the intentions of herself and her friend clear. Nauja didn't want to say too much more so that Ishtar could have her chance to say what she needed to say. 

Played by Cynthia who has 28 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ishtar
As Ishtar watched the first Alpha come toward them her muscles stiffened. Fear waved through her. She wasn't sure what to say or do. She swallowed hard when she saw the second Alpha coming up behind the first. She listened as they introduced themselves. The one thing Ishtar knew for sure was to follow Nauja's lead. After Nuaja introduced the both of them to the Alpha's and gave their gifts to them, Ishtar did the one thing she knew for sure. She bowed her head to the alphas and lifted up her right paw ever so slightly off the ground. As the daughter of an Alpha she was taught what she knew was the proper greeting to other Alphas. She wasn't sure if Jynx and Emyrs knew this or not. But she would hope that maybe it would appeal to them. "Its an honor to meet both of you. I hope you are both doing well." Ishtar said, Ishtar could tell that Jynx was blessed with pups, she continued "And I hope your pups are born healthy and they live happy lives." This too was something that was taught to her, you always give good thoughts to the soon to be born pups that a mother is carrying. 

Ishtar then raised her self back up, and subconsciously moved just and inch or so closer to Nauja. She was Ishtar's anchor. If it wasn't for her Ishtar wouldn't be sure what would of happened to her. She wasn't sure how the Alpha's would react to seeing two loners being as close as they were, but she was hoping that maybe it would help in the acceptance into their pack. 
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Having only been leader for a short time Emrys worried he might make a bad decision that could be harmful to the pack.  He was glad to have Jynx by his side to help him to make any decisions.  As always they would work together to make sure that whatever choices were made were good for the pack.  The healer was also grateful to Gent for staying as much as Emrys was sure the former lead wanted to be with Raela and Aleris.  He had been a great help in the transition giving the healer hope that White Fir Notch would succeed in the future.

Emrys had only gotten a greeting out and introduced himself before his mate joined him giving him a soft nip to his chin.  He returned her affection with a brush of his muzzle along hers.  She too introduced herself bringing a small smile to his features as she said her last name. Someday he still couldn't believe she had said yes when he asked her to be his mate. He and Jynx waited to hear what the two females had to say in regards to why they had come to the border and called for he and Jynx.

The first female spoke offering them a gift before getting right into an introduction and an explanation as to why they had come. It was then the other woman who had been introduced as Ishtar's turn to speak. She offered them and their pups well wishes.  He was pleased with the respect that each had shown when speaking as well as the forethought to bring gifts with them. Emrys also took notice of the way Ishtar moved closer to Nauja. The healer sent a glance to Jynx wondered what her opinion of the women was. He turned his attention back on their visitors, “We appreciate the gifts that you have brought and the well wishes that you have offered myself and my mate as well as out pups.  If Jynx doesn't have anything to add please tell me what is it that you can bring to the pack?” He then looked to Jynx, “Would you like to add anything, love?” He asked, it wasn't just his opinion of the women that mattered.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
At her mates side, she stood, focused intently on the pair of loners. Each she had noticed, brought a rabbit as a gift, nudging the prey towards the Alphas. The first introduced herself as Nauja, and the other as Ishtar. A glance at the pair and one could easily tell that they were close, using one another as support. Nauja's explanation for their presence at the Notch borders was simple. They wanted to start fresh in a new pack. Questions of curiosity raised in her mind, but for the moment she allowed the other wolf, Ishtar to speak. 

Her sincere words of blessing towards herself and Emrys as future parents did not go unnoticed, earning the briefest flash of a smile touching on the corners of her lips. Wolves who were polite and respectable would go far in the Notch. So long as it came with loyalty, and was not just a well worn mask as a means to get in. They had already had too many wolves who had pledged loyalty, appeared to be in it for the long haul, only to vanish or to go elsewhere. She was content to let Emrys speak before her, and she observed closely how he handled the loners before him, and what questions he asked. She too, wanted to know where their skills lay, but that wasn't all.

Clearing her throat, she shared a glance with Emrys before settling her eyes back on Nauja and Ishtar. "I appreciate your kind words and your interest in joining our ranks. But I am also curious...why did you choose the Notch?" Had her pack simply been the closest in the area for these wolves? Or had they heard about it from another source. After a pause, she spoke again, in a stern but not unkind tone. "White Fir Notch is a pack that values unity, loyalty and hard work. We have suffered a decline in numbers before, and with pups on the way, we don't have room for deserters." 
Inactive No Rank
Nauja Mizuno

She’d gotten the reason why she and Ishtar had come to White Fir Notch but that didn't calm her nerves. She worried that they wouldn't be accepted that perhaps the notch wasn't looking for wolves like her and Ishtar. Nauja felt her friend move closer to her which helped quiet her some but the worry that this might not work out was still there. For the first time since being dropped in the lore with no memory of how she got there Nauja wanted to be in a pack. She wanted this to work for her and Ishtar, she wanted them both to be able to start a new life where they could be happy. In the moment she wanted to press her nose to her friend's cheek hoping it would help them both to feel more at ease but she didn't know if that would affect the decision of the two Alpha’s.

The male spoke first thanking them for their gifts and kind words before he asked what they could do for the pack. Nauja knew she couldn't speak for Ishtar, that was something her friend would have to do. So she took a deep breath, “I can fish well and my skills as a hunter have improved so I can help provide for the pack. Even more importantly I am willing to do anything that will help me to become an important part of this pack. The only thing aside from my fishing skills I can really offer is my loyalty.”

Nauja’s attention was brought to the alpha female as she spoke asking what had brought them there. She looked down at her paws, honesty was the best policy right. “I'm here because Ishtar asked me to come with her and I didn't want to lose her friendship. I have tried to be in a pack before and it didn't work out but I wasn't ready then. I know that I am now and want to make this work and I feel that I can hold the values of your pack dear to my heart as they are the same values that my birth pack had.” The seagull hoped that her speech would be enough to help her and not hurt her. She looked to Ishtar to see what she would say.