Google, Bing, Baidu

Still air — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
glitter & gold
Naira

Since the meeting the pack had been all go. That didn't mean that Naira hadn't noticed when @Leotie vanished without a word a bit over a week after the meeting. The days stretched out and for a day or two she almost considered mounting a search party but the woman returned unharmed and she tucked away towards the bottom of her list that they would need to have words. But this time of year was always hectic, Maera had given birth to a healthy little girl and Naira had her own children to care for. Silently she shook her head, Three of them! and not for the first time she promised herself these would be the last.

Escaping the sharp claws and shrill squeaks while the children slept tucked against their father, Naira exited the den. She wasn't sure if she wanted to drink or eat or just simply enjoy the rare glimpse of sun filtering through the branches. Deciding on the latter for now she stretched herself out, the earth still bitingly cold underneath the thin layer of snow that refused to relinquish it's hold on the lore just yet. Movement back towards the main den caught her eye and it was though her thoughts alone were enough to summon the woman. "Leotie!" She called out a greeting, her tail thumping against the snow in greeting, wondering if she might join her for a rare moment of peace, the quiet before the storm that would be rampaging puppies finally freed from the confines of the den.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

As always the agouti woman had been up early doing her border checks which were especially important now with two litters in the pack. She hadn't felt in the forefront of protecting litters while in the bend but now as second in the drawer she felt that it was one of her main responsibilities to protect the pups. She had promised Triell that she would help take care of the pups when she had agreed to join him but now Reiko and Treyah could take care of themselves so she now protected his newest litter.

In all honesty Leotie had mixed feelings about it all and after the meeting they had become more complex to the point she questioned a lot of things. She pushed it all aside not wanting to cause herself undue grief when she couldn't be certain what she was feeling was even warranted or she was overreacting.

Her hunt had been successful to say the least which was pleasing since they were coming off a harsh winter that didn't seem to want to end. Also with two litters they would need all the food they could get to make sure the pups and the mother's stayed healthy. She felt that she had earned a short nap in the den until she had to go back out for another patrol. So she made her way to the communal den but before she could reach it she was stopped dead in her tracks by the sound of Naira’s voice. Immediately her posture changed to a more submissive one as she approached the Matriarch, “Hello Naira I hope all is well,” she said in greeting the woman her tail swaying slowly behind her. The agouti woman wasn't sure what had prompted the alpha to call her name.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 08, 2017, 12:41 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
permission given to pop in here

It had been a bit worrying when Leotie didn't come home when she was thought to. He had the thought to go out and look for her or perhaps ask Zerxes and Treyah to do some scouting for any signs. But there was a more harsh thought nipping at his mind. If Leotie could return, she would. There was no need to waste resources sending wolves out when they had two litters and mothers here at home. One of those being his own. Not to mention Triell's recovering shoulder that had pushed him into the role of fill-in alpha. Perhaps Kerberos was growing a backbone to think that those who'd much rather 'go rogue' did not deserve the Draw's resources.

Eventually she had returned, though. He hadn't had a proper moment with her nor figured out just where she had meandered off to during her little trip. So when Naira's voice rung out close by and Leotie answered, he saw no shame in sticking his nose in. He casually strode over to the two females. Respectfully dipping his head to Naira as yellow eyes glanced towards the blue-eyed second. "Good to see you." The comment was a bit open for both females. The lead female was trapped inside the den with three furballs when Triell wasn't watching them so it was just as good to see her stretching her legs. A reminder that he would have to check on Maera after this.

(This post was last modified: May 08, 2017, 01:29 AM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
glitter & gold
Naira

She had noticed the shift in the other woman's stance but didn't dwell on it too much. Her easy smile should have been enough to put the woman at ease. They hadn't exactly bonded as well as she had with say @Kerberos, or even @Maera and @Zerxes, given their relationship to former members of her old packs (and even a blood connection in the case of the latter through her granddaughter, Nalda). She indicated that the woman should join her and Kerberos arrived too. She gave him an easy smile as he was proving himself to be more than capable in fulfilling his duties, as was @Leotie... When she was around.

"Just before the pups were born you left for a few days and nobody knew where you'd gotten to, we almost sent out a search party." She mentioned it casually enough, like a mother mentioning to a teenager that they should have called home. Though she had her suspicions that the girl had gone to the Willows she wouldn't jump to conclusions. Sven hadn't been around except for one short visit with Enoki just before the meeting, and while she understood the importance of friendships it was such a long journey there and back, at least two days in each direction, and her timing had been appaling, What if Maera's child had come early? Sven was a leader now, he had responsibilities, as did she. They weren't a large enough pack that they could spare anyone then, or right now, and perhaps she had been remiss in failing to state the obvious.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

It wasn't often that she shared words with the Matriarch and usually not privately so it set Leotie a little on edge. The agouti wonder what the woman could possibly want to speak to her about that would cause her to call her over. Much to her dismay she had not had the chance to get to know the woman as well as she would have liked since moving to the draw. Leotie however was slowly coming to terms with the fact that even in a pack some members would be better known than others. Still she tried to serve the woman and Triell as best she could. Then unexpected Kerb who had been named leader while Triell had stepped down appeared and joined the conversation. This only further set the woman on edge but she kept a neutral face in front of the two. In the past months Leotie feared her friendship with Kerb had been suffering which was sad but she didn't know what to do to fix it.

Naira didn't waste any time getting into what exactly was on her mind, as it seemed her travels had been noticed more than she thought. “I apologize if I caused anyone to worry about me, it wasn't my intention.” The agouti hadn't realized that her comings and goings we're noticed that much especially as of late. Everyone had seemed so caught up in their own things that she'd been let to her hunting and border patrols by herself. Zerxes was the only one she'd really talked to once breeding season had ended. However, any emotions she felt about the matter were kept from her features which remained just as neutral as when the conversation started.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 10, 2017, 03:35 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

Kerberos was pleased when Naira offered him a smile. He always wondered how well bonded with the older woman he was so it was always a relief to him to get such a kind greeting. Granted he assumed if anything had been wrong with him she wouldn't have stayed silent. But there was no greeting from Leotie. Not even a smile or hello. Perhaps it was petty of him but he felt slightly hurt.

He listened as Naira spoke. The tawny Rigel said nothing, instead opting to raise a single brow as he waited for Leotie's response. It didn't take very long for an apology to roll forward. "Do you think we don't care or notice? Where did you go?" The Draw was still small. This was not a monstrous pack in size. It was easy to notice when one of the members went disappearing for longer than expected. He said nothing more, though. Keeping his thoughts inside of himself to let the lead female speak if she so desired. Kerberos knew she had more experience than him so perhaps it was best if he let Naira take the reigns.

Standing still his gaze would only waver for a moment to glance between the two females.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
sorry still can't get to my laptop so ipad post, please excuse any typos!

The smile remained on Naira's face, though a little of the warmth might have left her eyes. She had never had to question the loyalty of a pack mate before, she just drove them out, but she was trying her best to be a nicer wolf than she had been, and gods above and below it was exhausting. She hated beating around the bush like this. If causing worry hadn't been her intention then what had? Casually enough she worked a twinge from her shoulder with a roll, not needing to ask her next question because @Kerberos asked it for her. "We're not as big as the bend, missing bodies are more readily noticed." Again she spoke lazily, no bite or accusation in her words.

That wasn't to say that buttons hadn't been pushed. The added stress of @Triell stepping down had bought old habits to the fore. She wasn't even so worried about where @Leotie had been but rather, "More importantly, what were you doing?" There was a harder edge to her eyes, "Why did you leave?" What had her intentions been and what was in her journey that would benefit the pack? Leotie didn't know of the Naira that threw wolves off mountains and bought others to their knees with her mere presence, and not for the first time she ached for the good old days. She had kept herself in check for Triell's sake but now? Well maybe it was time for a renaissance.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
No worries!

As Kerb spoke Leotie kept any emotion from her features, there was something wrong with this picture. She may not have been in the lore for very long but she wasn't​ stupid and she didn't like the feeling that coursed through her. What was she to do in this situation? Naira speaking brought her attention back to the woman and once she finished Leotie answered Kerb “I think you care of course, I suppose I hadn't realized I'd been gone too long,” she had gone away two days before and had never been question. Tacked on to the end of his question about caring, there was the truth. They weren't​ asking because they cared about her. “Fallen tree cove first and then Willow Ridge,” she answered truthfully and flatly.

Her intentions at both packs had been completely pure, she knew that and that was what was important. Once again her gaze was brought back to the female lead with more questions and Leotie could feel her stomach becoming upset. “I took Lunette back to her family first and then I went to speak to Enoki.” Again not truth and she felt she was digging her grave deeper and deeper. “Lunette was ready to go home so instead of making her wait I just took her. As for Enoki I hadn't yet met her and I thought I would introduce myself so she would know who I was in case I would need to speak to her at a later time in behalf of the pack.” She was half truthful with the last bit they didn't need to know her personal reasons for seeing the piebald woman. “I thought with over a week before the pups were to be born it would be okay as long as I was back at least a week before they came and I was so I thought it was okay.” Through all of that explaining she remained calm not letting on to what was going on inside of her.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 24, 2017, 12:07 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

Kerberos was glad to know his snippet was not unwanted. His yellow gaze steading on the seemingly calm Naira as she spoke words that seemed to match. Kerberos knew little about the Bend but what he did know seemed so chaotic, unlike the Draw. The fact that Naira used the word big to describe the Bend added more to his knowledge. Big packs tended to be a little more hectic, weren't they?

He stayed silent and listened to the female second's words. He had nothing wrong with either pack truthfully, he liked Namid and he mostly enjoyed Sven but it wasn't the fact that she had been there that irked him. It was the fact that she didn't think she'd been gone long or that they wouldn't need her here. Even if she had been back a week before birth that didn't excuse the week before. The needed all paws helping. Maybe had his own child not been on the line he wouldn't have felt so strongly about the situation. Maybe had Triell not had to step down due to prior injuries he wouldn't have cared so much. But there was too much going on in here for them to be out there. It was part of the reason his own adventures had come to a grinding halt.

The fill-in leader had never done this before so his gaze settled back on Naira. Whatever she decided would be fitting to say or do he would follow. She had more experience than him, anyway.