(See All?) Announcements
398 Users Online
Google, Apollo, Bing

trouble finds me. — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes
Looking for @Lachesis -- however, the other leader (@Kisla) and/or ONE guardian welcome.  This is BACKDATED to 5/9, three days after the attack.

Another day, another door – another high, another low. Crashing, smashing, burning low. He hadn’t stopped running since tucking Askan away in their shared den and briefly conspiring with Drestig; much to his disgust dismay, Wild Rye Fields did not have a resident medic. There was currently one pack with which they had an alliance – only luck had it said pack housed a medic (or two). Get Lachesis, the alpha had told him. And so he would. At least he knew were the River wolves kept.

It took him a little under three days to reach the back borders anyways. And he was really pushing it. Shit, he hoped Askan was okay. That fucking piece of trash, trying to purloin away his mate’s life, and for what? For glory? For pride? He snarled softly under his breath and stuttered to an uneasy halt.

The game tipped his head to summon the white wolf to the borders of Hearthwood River, but no sound came. Only the whistling of each gasped breath, his sides heaving – Reyes was forced to give himself a moment and swallow several times before he could muster any sort of howl at all. It was a warbling sound, hoarse and rasping – but it had urgency laced to its notes, and he could only hope the white wolf would understand that time was of the essence.

Tagging @Askan and @Drestig for 'in the know' purposes~
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Guardian Dem 1/3. Thanks for the reminder @Lachesis.

The closer her due date came the more anxious Inna became about the whole thing.  She’d seen what happened during Lilya’s delivery which made her worry that the same thing could happen to her.  Even though she felt like everything was fine with her pups she felt that Lilya hadn’t known either that she was going to have a stillborn.  The anxiety she was feeling over having her pups and what could go wrong had forced her out of her den. Despite her size she needed to walk so she kept up a slower pace as she moved among the trees that made up her home.

Their large size and the spring air helped to calm her some but she had to wonder how long it would last.  She knew once she settled back in her den she would be thinking about it again but how could she not worry when she hadn’t ever done this before?  Inna worried that what she had done in the beginning of her pregnancy might not have affected them much then but what if it was having an effect on them now?  While she had been very good the past few weeks getting the rest she needed and eating more food than she had ever before she still just wasn’t sure.

When the call for Lachesis sounded through the territory and the urgency of it Inna was not only curious but felt she should go and greet the visitor just as she always had. There would be a day when she wouldn’t be able to meet their visitors anymore but this was not that day.  Luckily her paws had carried her very close to the border where the visitor waited.  She came out of the trees cautiously as she always did but the stranger wasn’t one to be feared she felt as he smelled of the Rye pack.  “Hello,” she greeted with a nod of her head, “I am sure Lachesis will be along in a moment is there something I can do for you in the mean time?”

(This post was last modified: May 25, 2017, 12:48 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Who the fuck was this wolf?

Not Lachesis, clearly not Lachesis – not white, not male, not alpha – which meant this wasn’t the healer’s mate, either. Didn’t hold herself like an alpha, tail wasn’t up the right way. That in and of itself begged plenty of other questions. What kind of pack let subordinates get pregnant? Doubts began to swirl in the back corner of his mind; maybe he’d run three days for nothing. Maybe there was nothing the River wolves could do for him.

Shit. But Askan needed a healer, and like hell was he going to return to Wild Rye Fields without a damn healer.

Reyes ears rolled backwards, but his tails held neutral, and his hackles laid flat. Nothing about him spoke of aggression. He weaved back and forth on his front limbs, weight shifting back and forth as his mind did the same thing. Finally, he seemed to a conclusion as he shook out his coat as if he might shake away whatever plagued him. It didn’t work. “I need a healer,” he rasped, throat dry. Hoarse. “We don’t have one. Drestig told me, find Lachesis at the River, so I came.” He paused, realizing the woman might not understand the gravity of the situation. “My mate was attacked. Something’s wrong with his throat. I need a healer.”

Scout 2/3
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Guardian Dem 2/3

She shouldn't be at the border Inna knew that and if Lorcan knew he would have a fit she was sure. That was okay she would take it because she wasn't quite ready to give up meeting visitors at the border with Lachesis. This male was scarred but in clear distress and it was her job to keep him as calm as possible until Lachesis arrived. She could also tell he was a rye wolf from the scent he carried in his pelt which was a comforting thought as he wasn't a loner. After discovering what she could about the male standing in front of her it was time to hear why he was at their borders. She'd assured him Lachesis would be there soon and she hoped that the pale healer wouldn't be long at all.

In the meantime​ she waited for the male to tell her what was going on and why he was there, why he needed Lachesis so badly. Her eyes widened a little as he spoke of his mate and what was wrong. Inna took a step forward,”You must not worry, I know it's hard when you're here and your mate is at home but I promise Lachesis will be here soon to help. He’s one of the best healers and he will take good care of your mate,” she said gently trying to reassure the man who clearly had to be distressed with his mate being injured.

She didn't have a mate but she did have someone she cared deeply for and the thought of anything happening to Lorcan scared her. Inna glance to the trees and silently hoped Lachesis would hurry.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: May 25, 2017, 12:49 AM by Inna.)

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The ghost had unintentionally delayed his visit to Wild Rye, for he had been busy in the days following the birth of his daughters. He felt guilty, for he had promised to deliver some herbs that would help Jessie when her due date arrived. He worried that he would miss the birth of the first Rye river and that the mother would be without the necessary herbs, for their pack lacked a healer (for now). Slowly but surely he was mending Hearthwood’s alliance with the western pack, as things remained… strained with the Whitestone wolves. Although he believed Wraith and his mate, the Stark was still wary of the northern pack. He did not know if Mittani was still lurking in the lowlands, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. The relationship he once had with the silver spider was shattered, for he was positive that the former leader of Whitestone had had something to do with the attack. Why else would he have vanished so abruptly?

A call tore him away from his thoughts, propelling the pale king forward through the trees. It was an unfamiliar voice but urgency fuelled the voice—it was calling for him. His brows narrowed in concern as the trees ripped past him, urging him to make haste. He cursed at himself under his breath for being so far from the borders, for his wandering paws had taken him on a lengthy walk during a rare break between duties.

Lachesis was not surprised to see the inky shape of Inna standing at the borders, greeting the stranger that had called for him. Despite her swollen sides she still preformed her guardian duties, much to the ghost’s dismay. He would rather her be in close proximity to her den but he could not force her to stay if she wanted to stretch her legs.

“My mate was attacked. Something’s wrong with his throat. I need a healer.”

He caught the tail end of the dark man’s words, his ears pinned forward as he steadied himself, mouth slightly agape as he caught his breath. His chartreuse gaze focused on the younger male, a line forming between his brows as a frown formed on his dark lips. “What’s the matter?” He asked quickly, his tail arched above his back and muzzle canted to the side, concern painted across his pale features. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Reyes wanted to scream. This kid must not have a mate, he thought dryly, or she wouldn’t be telling him not to worry. And while he couldn’t be described as anything but cantankerous on most days, the gamma was pretty damn certain he was holding himself together awfully well considering what he’d witnessed. The state he’d left Askan in. Hadn’t wanted to leave the man at all, but there was no healer in Wild Rye Fields, and he had no choice unless he wanted to risk permanent damage. Or worse. Drestig was still there. That was something.

Before he could say anything else – which was probably for the better – another River wolf appeared. White, male, seriously dominant posture – probably alpha – so this must be the wolf his own leader had sent him for. “Lachesis?” he questioned briefly before pressing on. Didn’t they understand that time was of the essence? “Askan was attacked three days ago. We don’t have a healer at Wild Rye Fields – Drestig sent me here.” And he’d been running ever since the man had given him the word. The only stops he’d made were out of absolute necessity (because a dead wolf was no good to anyone). “The other wolf was trying – to crush his throat.” Reyes squinted, fur momentarily bristling. “He’s breathing weird. Can’t talk. Don’t know how it is now, but it ain’t good. He needs help.

How much more could he even say?

Scout 3/3
(This post was last modified: May 24, 2017, 04:07 PM by Reyes.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Guardian Dem 3/3

Inna hoped that her words could help the man some but she knew how she would feel if something happened to Lorcan. She would probably be just as frantic as this man was but she also didn't want him to disrespect Lachesis because he was so upset and not get what he needed. If someone in Wild Rye Fields needed help then she hoped that Hearthwood could offer that help. They may not be allies but a wolf in need was a wolf in need.

Thankfully ​they didn't have to wait too long for Lachesis to arrive at the border so hopefully soon the man could get the help he needed. Inna gave Lachesis​ a respectful dip of her head but remained silent as he asked the stranger what was the matter. The ebony Baranski then turned her attention back to the man as he described what had happened. Her eyes widened when he named Askan as his mate and the one who was injured. Inna touch her nose to Lachesis shoulder as her silent plea for him to do what he could for the rye wolf.

She had liked him when last they met and hoped that Lachesis could make him better. What the man described as Askan's condition sounded horrible and she didn't know how he could still be alive, that was if he hadn't passed while this mate made the journey to Hearthwood.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: May 29, 2017, 03:36 AM by Inna.)

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Inna don't forget to edit in your guardian dem! <3
@Reyes

The ghost gave a sharp nod in response to his name, his chartreuse gaze hardening as he listened to the dark male explain that Askan had been attacked. He had feared something like this would happen to the Rye wolves, as they had not yet acquired a healer. But why Askan?! XIX had grown to like the sharp-tongued wolf—he even hoped that their budding friendship could fuse an alliance between Wild Rye and Hearthwood.

For the first time since the western wolves settled in the lowlands Lachesis cursed their distance from the Kingswood. As long as they did not get interrupted Lachesis could make it to the Fields in two days—pushing three—but he feared Askan’s condition could escalate in that time. But he could not ignore the dark male’s plea, or his friend’s dire situation. Lachesis would not be able to live with himself if something was to go wrong.

“Come,” he instructed, motioning for the dark male to follow him as he turned to the trees. “we need herbs.” He knew that time was of the essence; they had no time to waste. “Inna, I can take it from here,” he added as he glanced over to study his raven sidekick, his ears pinned forward: “I’ll let you know what’s going on.” Without waiting for a response the ghost lurched forward into the trees. “I can come back with you or give you the herbs and tell you what to do,” he offered to the Rye wolf as they moved, his long legs carrying him quickly through the Kingswood. “I will do whatever necessary to help Askan. You have my word,” he assured the ebony wolf, his ears sweeping to the side. He just hoped they weren’t too late.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

It never occurred to Reyes that the white wolf wouldn’t come with him, though it struck him now that it might be difficult for an alpha to leave now – if it were anything like at Wild Rye Fields, than the man probably had a mate and pups on the way, if not arrived already. Still queer that they had a second pregnant female, but Lachesis seemed to have dismissed her once the information was relayed and the gamma was content to drop the topic and dog after the healer like an eager puppy.

He stayed at the ghost’s flank, eager to take in whatever he had to stay while staying a pace or two out of his way. Lachesis was alpha, after all – and the territory and the River wolves belonged to him more importantly. “What…do I do with the plants?” he asked, feeling a bit stupid for the question. “Never did any sort of healing. Or anything with plants, really.” Living on your own led to limited risks, and grazing on local flora was not anywhere near the top of Reyes’ To Do list. “I-- Look, I know an alpha’s gotta be busy. If it’s just plants, I can do that. I can follow instructions. But ain’t sure about anything else.”