467 Users Online
Bing, Google, Sophrosnia

The long road — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
midnight phone post excuse the editing
”Careful, lighten up too much and we might start thinkin’ you’re possessed, I’ll have to go fetch some witchy wolves to give you an extensionism.” She teased the older wolf with a shove, not that it did much to move the lout. She was really going to have to work hard if she ever wanted to be big enough to take him on. She even managed a petulant sigh and a roll of her eyes when he suggested that she catch him a fish to improve his mood. ”Y’know I’m sure I heard a quote once about the difference between givin’ a wolf a fish an’ teachin’ him to fish once...” Her smile was wide and baiting but it didn’t stop her from wading back out into the lake. “Reason you can’t is cos you don’t have patience Kana, they gotta forget you’re lookin’ for em.”
[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Extensionism?Extensionism?

Askan had to bite down-hard-on his lip to stop himself from bursting out into a ruckus of laughter. He didn't even register the shove he was too busy sucking in his breath as his eyes squinted with obvious amusement. She was...Percy was something else, wasn't she?Bloody ridiculous, annoying as hell sometimes but she was good and she made him smile and that was more than enough to make him forget about Remington for the time being.

"I'm happy sometimes. Not my fault there isn't a lot to smile at these days." Which was true enough. Except when Percy was about, then he damn well couldn't stop himself from grinning like a fool.

He remained sitting there, his tail tapping against the floor as he waited to see what she'd catch for him. It had better be something impressive, or at the very least bigger than a pebble. He wouldn't let her live it down otherwise. Oh Percy, the master fisherwoman! He sniggered at the thought and just so happened to stop in time just to catch her words. He huffed and rolled his eyes so hard the motion actually made his face ache. Jeeze, he really was a drama king wasn't he?

"Patience? What's that?"He said, tilting his head in mock confusion. Then he grinned, goofy and wide and kicked a stone Percy's way."Just catch me a fish, then you can start lecturing me kiddo."

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Nope hope, no love, no glory, no happy ending
Phoenix Avalon

As the stone rolled into the water she glared back at her dark companion, "We'll all bloody starve if you don't stop throwing shit in the water." Her glare cracked into a grin though as she turned her attention back to the slowly stilling surface of the lake as the ripples washed out into the deep and murky depths.

It took some time and she was so wrapped up in watching the water by her feet that any complaints would have flown straight over her head. Finally the tell-tale flash of silver caused her head to cock eyes following the movement before shoving her head beneath the surface with an explosive splash. She emerged with a sizeable fish, its iridescent sail like fin enough to identify it as a grayling if Percy had ever bothered to figure out the names of things she ate.

Proudly she carried it back to Askan with every intention of dropping it on his head.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Bleh this is shit, not sure what I expected posting at 3am

Contrary to common assumption, Askan was content to sit back and relax. Or at least that was the case until Percy had to go and run her potty mouth. The glare her shot at her was just as-if not more so- sharp as the one he just received. Jeeze, where had she learnt that sort of language? Was it him? Had he been a bad influence all along? Probably. He was anything but a good role model, even he was aware of his flaws. After all, how could he ignore them when they were piled just as high as the Selwyn Mountains?

Sneering derisively, Askan flicked his ear in her general direction."Mind your language. You'll scare off the fish."

Not that he knew a thing about fishing but...he'd be damned if he let her have the last word.Smug little pest, why did he want her around again? Ah yes, because he adored her. How could he have forgotten? He rolled his eyes and laid his chin down onto his front legs. He had no idea how long she'd take but he supposed it wasn't worth the time or effort to badger her about it. If she caught a fish then great, but if she didn't it wasn't the end of the world. There were always rabbits about, even when the weather started to take a nose dive into the minuses.

The lapping of the water on the lake shore was akin to a lullaby as Askan's eyes started to get a little heavy. Maybe a nap wouldn't hurt maybe Percy would- a sudden splash of water jolted him alert. What the-he didn't even have the chance to wonder what was happening before something wet, scaly and flappy was dropped onto his head.

"Percy you! You little shit!" Shaking the fish away, he scrambled to his feet and lunged at the fiery little shit.

Anyone else would have mistaken his show for aggression, anger. But Percy knew better by now, he was pissed for sure but he wouldn't hurt her, not now and not ever. Especially after she'd handed him a free meal to boot.

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2017, 02:59 AM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Happy to fade here unless you want to do one more.

I know that I can get back up again
Phoenix Avalon

Percy had been anticipating the lunge and darted away with a laugh high on her lips, "Gonna have to be faster than that old man." She teased with her tongue lolling from her mouth, muscles gathered to flee at a sprint if he chose to continue to barrel towards her. She would spin to tempt him with a play bow before attempting to dart just out of reach. It was a day of big changes, and big changes deserved a celebration, or at least the young Avalon thought so. "Don' let it flop back to the water!" She called with eyes wide. It wouldn't be the first time a fish had escaped her due to distraction.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Old man? Old man?!

How dare she call him old! That's what he called her Father, that fella who was all grey in the face and had achy joints. Askan was anything but, he was in his prime damn it! Oh it was on!

Kicking the fish away from the lake, so it flopped uselessly on the shore, Askan kicked off into a sprint. This wasn't what he'd had in mind when he'd come here, but the world had a funny way of throwing the unexpected his way. But changes like this? He could deal with them, hell he revelled in it. If the future had more days like this in store the it was going to be bright, or so Askan thought.

Fade