(See All?) Announcements
570 Users Online
Google, Bing

Raised Wrong — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan thought little of her show of teeth. He knew she wouldn't do anything, that she didn't have the nerve or strength to turn her fighting words into actions. She could look down on him and his rag-tag family as much as she wanted, it didn't mean anything in the end. She was a loner, what did she know about packs? Jack shit, otherwise she wouldn't be in this mess.

But then she went onto explain, or rather bitch about how she'd been coddled and bla bla bla. Was it so bad to be loved? Valued? Her complaints were like a ringing noise in his ear that steadily got louder and louder until it was unbearable. Bo-fucking-who, at least her family were alive and well. And what, they didn't treat her the way she wanted to she had run away? Just as Askan had all those months ago. It was too much, they had too much in common. It was almost as though he was looking at a reflection of himself in a body of water, but it was distorted by the ripples on the surface, just enough to make them distinguishable from one another.

Had he really been so bratty? Such a piss baby? And worst of all, was he still one? He would have shuddered at the thought, but he didn't. Shit like that wasn't for public show.

Instead, Askan rolled his eyes in the most condescending way possible. He was a hypocrite through and through, and so what? He knew it, it was all he had these days.

"Is that it? Is that why you left home? Really? You abandoned your family because they weren't treating you how you wanted and rather than trying to work it out, you just gave up on them? Idiot. You'll miss them so fucking much when they're gone and you won't be able to take the shitty things you said back. It'll leave you feeling so fucking miserable that I-" He sucked in a raspy breath as his words tumbled to a stop.

Oh no. Oversharing much.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Bryony who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Darcy Renoir
Dude.

Harsh.

Darcy's ears fell bad as Askan started on his tirade. Her pale eyes widened as he bore into her, into a situation he couldn't begin to understand. She failed to grasp the connection between the two of them, instead taking his words like an arrow straight through her skull. They were hurtful. Darcy didn't exist as a useful creature to her family. She was small, essentially worthless to the hulking brutes that birthed her. But she shared their blood, so she was treated more like a pet than a daughter. 

What...What did he know? To be a doll kept to keep your own shame at bay?

"You don't know anything about me," Darcy hissed at him, voice cracking. "Or my family. Why don't you just fuck off? Go be with your happy dry rye fields or whatever." 

If she was just a few inches taller...Ugh. But what did she know?

"I thought I was free from everyone that thought they knew me. You don't. Know. Me. Leave me alone!"

She lunged at him, not intending to actually make physical contact with the man, but hopefully scare him off. Yeah, she was sooo crazy and damaged and spoiled. Why was he still here then? Just to torture her over it?
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Of all the things she could have said or done, Askan didn't expect her outburst. It was clear he'd hit a nerve, that just like him family was a soft spot. He might have called her a name or two, but it wasn't like he was trying to insult her. If anything, he'd only been trying to help, in his own rough manner.However, she didn't seem to appreciate his attempt at giving her advice, of trying to steer her away from future heartbreak. She was infuriated, far more so than he'd ever anticipated from her.

When she jumped forward, teeth snapping at empty air he merely tilted his head. He didn't know anything about her, nor did he ever think he would but...He wasn't mean. Contrary to common belief, he was just a little rough around the edges. Jagged, cracked and poorly stitched together.

"Look..." He began, choosing his words carefully. Once more had she insulted his home and once again he let it slide. "I don't know you or your history, or whatever. I was just...I've lost my family, and I can't say I care about you or your feelings but it's the worst feeling ever. As annoying as you are, even you don't deserve that. That's all I'm saying."

He wasn't seeking her forgiveness, nor did he care whether she really believed him or not. It just needed to be said in the hope that maybe his words would count one day, that he could save her from the heartbreak he'd endured.

"I'm going now, and not because you want me to. Cause I'm bored and I wanna go home." Being the petty sod he was, he stuck out in his tongue.

(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2017, 06:36 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]