(See All?) Announcements
526 Users Online
Google, Bing

Forest Through the Trees — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Oksana was now two months old and growing fast, it saddened Inna that soon her little girl wouldn't need her so much anymore. As she sat at the mouth of the den Inna also realized she'd been away from her duties for far too long. Sure in the past few weeks she had started to do a few border patrols but she had not hunted for the pack since before her daughter was born. Like it or not she had to get back to her duties and be the pack member that she had been before her pregnancy. Most of all she had to set a good example for her daughter do that she too would become an important part of Hearthwood.

At two months Oksana was old enough she could play outside the den with someone checking on her. Perhaps Risa or one of the other children would make their way to the den and keep her company. Once the Raven had made her decision she set off for a hunt outside pack lands. It was best just to jump I'm anyway and get the initial shock of it over with and she had every intention of being successful even if she was a little rusty.

Crossing the border into Kingsfall Inna was nervous, she'd gotten comfortable leaving Oksana while she traveled inside the borders but this was different. What if something happened and she wasn't close by to be there for her daughter? The thought of it almost St made her turn back but she knew she couldn't, she had to go through with this. Once she did and Oksana was okay then it would be better, she was sure of it. So lost in her worries about her daughter and bringing something back from the cache Inna almost collide with a pale coated stranger. “I'm so sorry,” she said as she came to an abrupt halt a mere inches away from him, “I just… I have a lot on my mind. Um, not to say that's an excuse,” she went on looking down at her dark paws before finally meeting his gaze, “I'm really sorry.”

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2017, 02:55 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Emmett who has 375 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
There was a familiar scent in the air and Cottongrass didn't think twice about it. Because Aytigin smelled earthy like the rest of the forest did. And it made sense, really! That it was the distinct odor of pack and it would be weird if his friend didn't smell like them. So he didn't question the presence behind him. Not even when there was no warm greeting rolling out in the form of a honeyed drawl that he knew and adored. Maybe Aytigin didn't feel like talking. Which was fine with Cottongrass. He could do talking! A whole lot of talking especially with his friend.

There was already a greeting forming on his tongue. One that was warm and full of unabashed fondness as he took his time shuffling on the spot. Big paws scraped against dirt with a sense of familiar ease while his tail wagged away in the air behind him. There was even a goofy smile on his face because Aytigin sure was being weird, wasn't he? Looking... Vastly different then Cottongrass remembered with black fur and orange eyes.

And that's when his mind erupted into a million confused questions. Because who was the stranger invading his personal space and why? He fluffed up with panic and his yellow eyes widened. Like that would help anything as the stranger jolted to life before him. Apologies rolled off her tongue along with some other stuff he didn't really pay attention to. He was still amazed at how fast his sleepiness had disappeared when good old realization had come crashing down onto his fantasy. But that was neither here nor there at the moment.

Instead he focused on getting this all sorted out as he waddled on the spot to face the she-wolf proper. Because it probably wasn't any fun to have a whole entire conversation with someone's backside. He couldn't speak from experience but he could assume. And maybe later he would figure it out but definitely not now. Behind him his tail twitched and his ears rolled back against his head in discomfort. What followed next was a smile that could only be described as hopeless. One that was made up out of pure bewilderment but he was still going to do his best to help the she-wolf even if he didn't know where to begin.

"It's okay." He reassured and that was the truth. It wasn't like he hadn't been in this situation before. And it was like a switch was flipped in the back of his brain. Because there was something about her that reminded him of Lorcan. He didn't have any proof to back up his thought but he figured it was enough to help him. "I've been walked into plenty of times before, you know." Cottongrass chirped like it was something to be proud of. Maybe it was for him but who knew at this point.

"And you didn't even hurt me!" He boasted for good measure all while puffing out his chest. And sprawled across his features was a smile that was teasing, jaws parted in amusement while his yellow eyes flashed. Behind him his tail wagged hard enough to have the rest of his hindquarters swaying with the movement. There was so much more he could do with his theatrics. But the she-wolf before him wasn't actually Lorcan and... Well, Cottongrass wasn't too sure but it just wasn't the same when he thought about it.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Her first foray into the lands outside of Hearthwood in what seemed like months and she had already made a mistake. Perhaps it was just too soon for her to be making her way across the boundaries. How she could forget so easily that she needed to remain alert while out on her own, she had a daughter now. It was important that she return home each time she left pack lands because her daughter needed her. It was irresponsible of her to not pay attention to where she was going no matter how worried she was over Oksana.

Even more it was embarrassing really to have run into someone, a stranger no less. That was something puppies did when they were so busy playing and not paying attention to where they were going. She was old enough to know better and stay alert as she left the safety of her pack lands. Especially after what happened to Lilya, she should have been extra careful when she didn't know where that wolf was that had attached the Hearthwood second. She could only that the pale stranger didn't take offense to her carelessness.

In an effort to make it better she apologized profusely and tried to explain but it was a poor explanation. She knew that and really there was no excuse for her invading his space as she had. As she saw him fluff up and his eyes widen she worried that he was going to be angry, how would she explain this to her pack if he was so angry he hurt her? Inna didn't think it would go over well after what had happened to Lilya and this wolf was white too.

She wanted to say more in hopes it would help the situation but instead she remained quiet to see how he would respond. Maybe she was just overthinking all of this and everything would be fine. It could even be that she had become more paranoid for fear that something would happen to her and she wouldn't be there for Oksana. Inna shook her head, she needed to get those thoughts out of her mind right then. It wouldn't do to dwell on them especially when she really needed to pay attention to the wolf she'd nearly knocked over.

Much to her relief he didn't seem angry at all and in fact told her it was okay. Inna sighed and immediately calmed herself from all the terrible thoughts that had rim through her mind. “That's very kind of you,” for him to let her off the hook as he was. Her brow furrowed as he told her that he'd been walked into many times before, “That doesn't sound pleasant but I suppose it's one way to meet others,” she said a small laugh escaping her at the last part. She supposed it was good to have some humor in such a situation.

He also told her that she hadn't even hurt him which returned the smile to her face, “I'm glad to hear that, I wouldn’t want you to have to go on with an injury. Still I truly am sorry and I appreciate your kindness.” Finally Inna was a blessing to take a breath and a moment to really take in the stranger. She realized he was a rye wolf from his scent which of course made her curious about what he was doing there but even more she had her chance to find out how Askan was doing. “I'm Inna by the way, now that I have nearly knocked you down I should probably tell you my name.”

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2017, 06:37 PM by Inna.)

Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
A part of Cottongrass couldn't help but wonder how many times the she-wolf was going to apologize before she decided it was enough. But the rest of him was just happy that he didn't get trampled on. Because while he was sure she wouldn't actually injure him—he still didn't like getting squished. He had enough unlucky experiences while hunting muskoxen and a notable memory with Askan to know that much. His back and ribs never deserved the abuse. And it wasn't like there was anything wrong with her apologies either.

His brain could whisper otherwise but he ignored those thoughts. Today wasn't a day for existential crisis but instead discovery! A whole entirely different type of discovery when compared to the one he had in mind.

Somewhere in the air behind him his tail gave a pleased wag at the introduction she offered. Because it was ameliorate to move on from momentarily pesky thoughts when humor was involved. And across his features her gave her another bright smile, eyes sparkling with mirth while his smile only strengthened.

"Nice to meet you, Inna." Cottongrass said all while his hindquarters shimmied about with sincerity. She was nice. Maybe a little startling and intense but he could hardly be one to talk. He greeted others by yelling at the top of his lungs and tackling them, after all. "I'm Cottongrass—" And before his thoughts could get away from him— "And you're a River wolf." He stated with a pointed look. It wasn't meant to be threatening but instead a fact. One that was said with a grin on his face while he tail continued to wag away behind him. Because that's what Askan had called them, right?

(And in the back of his head he hoped it wasn't like when his friend called Aytigin a twit with punctuated distaste. If it was he was so screwed...)

Otherwise he wondered if Inna knew Aytigin. And while he only saw the older male yesterday during the Great Magpie Fiasco of 2017, he couldn't help but suddenly be interested in the pack he knew so little about.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The Raven felt really horrible that she had run into the white male but she could he grateful that she had not hurt him. Though she wasn't sure she could have still she was sure it wouldn't have been pleasant to have practically been run over. She gave him one more apology before she finally felt as though she had made it clear she was sorry for not paying attention to where she was going. Inna made a note to pay more attention next time for she might not be so lucky to run into a wolf as kind as the pale man. Next time she could run into someone who would be angry about it and she couldn't afford that with Oksana waiting at home for her.

As her daughter came into her mind she couldn't wait to bring her across the border for her first adventure outside pack lands. Even though she wished the dark furred pup would stay little forever there was still so much she wanted to do with her and show her. Oksana needed to learn all the things her mother knew so she would be able to rely on herself when she was older.

Worry was part of motherhood and she always would but it would help knowing that her cub could take care of herself. The pale man was where her attention was then as she have him her name, it was the least she could do after running into him. At least it was until she maybe learned a little more about him and as he smiled with a sparkle in his eye she felt she could really like him. Had he not smelled of the rye pack she might have even considered extending an invitation to Hearthwood to him.

The Raven nodded as he expressed it was nice to meet her and she was soon rewarded with his name. “It's nice to meet you too Cottongrass.” Before she could say anything else he also pointed out that she was a river wolf and she nodded, “Yes I am and you are of Wild Rye Fields if my nose is correct,” she said with a laugh. However, her expression became more serious shortly after, “How is Askan? I've been worried about him.” Had she been able to get away she would have gone to the Rye wolves to check on him.

She was afraid of the answer she might get for fear that it would he had news. The way the dark man's injuries had been described she worried he wouldn't make it. Even with Oksana and the way thing we're going with Ayti and Lorcan Inna had still found time to think of Askan and hope he was recovering from his injuries.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jul 10, 2017, 07:10 AM by Inna.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
At first Cottongrass was overjoyed at the fact that calling someone a River wolf wasn't some kind of horrible offense that was going to get him mauled. Because he got to live another day! He was going to return to Wild Rye Fields on his own accord and nobody would have to find his body in some weird place. That was always a good thing in his mind. But then Inna brought up Askan and his thoughts sort of went on a weird tangent. One that he wasn't sure to make of.

"Askan?" Cottongrass asked with his head cocked and thoughts whirring. Because for a guy that wasn't very outgoing Askan sure was popular. Everybody in the whole entire world seemed to know something about the man and the fact that he had gotten injured a few weeks back. From Aytigin to now Inna. Cottongrass wasn't sure if he should feel worried or jealous about what had happened. And maybe when he returned to Wild Rye Fields he would get more involved in pack drama instead of always doing his own thing. Maybe then he would stop feeling lost in different conversations. But those were thoughts for later. When Inna hadn't asked him a question he really should answer.

"He's good." Cottongrass chirped with a smile spread across his features and his tail wagging while he perked up. "All better." He added for good measure to ease her concerns, whatever they may be. And in the back of his mind he was pretty sure he was going to pester Askan about everything he was discovering in these woods when he returned.
(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2017, 10:32 PM by Cottongrass.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Once she'd gotten past the fact that she had almost trampled the poor fellow Inna had the thought to ask Cottongrass about Askan. She hadn't heard anything about him in the past weeks and was worried that things had taken a turn for the worst. So while she had the Rye wolf there she thought she would find out for sure so that hopefully she could either have her mind put at ease or find closure whatever the case maybe.

She rose a brow when he repeated Askan’s name as a question. “Yes, I learned about his injuries when I met your packmate at our border when he came for Lachesis’ help. I've been worried about him.” She knew that her and Askan weren't friends by any means, anyway not like her and Ayti but she still did care what happened to him. She worried that maybe for whatever reason Cottongrass might not know the answer to her question or perhaps he didn't know Askan for whatever reason, she knew that could be possible especially if Cottongrass was new to the pack.

Her worries however turned out to be unfounded as the pale man told her that Askan was in fact okay and had recovered. A smile brightened her features, “Good, I'm glad to hear that.” She stated happily. Perhaps once her daughter was a little older she could pay the man a visit and he could show her the rye like he'd offered. ”So Cottongrass what brings you to my side of the Tundra?” She asked curiously since it wasn't too often she ran into to the Rye wolves so close to Hearthwood, “I hope everything is well with your pack.”

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2017, 11:06 PM by Inna.)

Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
Your pack. It felt like such an inconsequential thing to get caught up over but Cottongrass couldn't help it. He never talked about Wild Rye Fields around others. Especially not to strangers he only met moments ago by mere chance. But Inna had a nice smile and he guessed there was nothing wrong with passing conversation. Behind him his tail swished and he kept on smiling away.

"Wild Rye Fields is good, too." He said with a bob of his head. The pack was a new experience even after all these weeks of staying there and it would probably take many more until it stopped feeling that way. But he didn't feel scared at the thought of having to stay. Just uncertain. And that was only because he refused to touch the idea of anything permanent with a ten foot pole. It was an existential crisis for another day. Especially when Inna brought up the perfect conversation.

"I'm just here to meet my friend." Cottongrass said in response to her earlier question. And unable to help himself the corners of his mouth quirked while a smile spread across his features. Because Inna bore that earthen scent that Aytigin wore all too well. His tail wagged and an eyebrow quirked. "You might know him." There was excitement in his voice and he continued on with an upbeat air.

"His name's Aytigin. He's tall with brown fur and golden eyes." Has a nice smile. But he kept that last detail to himself. And maybe his friend was just as popular in this place as Askan was. Cottongrass bet the male was even if he knew that Askan didn't like him. Was probably an outlier or something in that regard.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

After finding out how Askan was doing she thought it would only be courteous to also ask how the rest of his pack was doing. Especially since Lachesis wanted to develop a relationship with the rye wolves. In a didn't want to ruin that by being rude and not asking. The Raven had also not forgotten that the leaders were from the same pack where members of her family resided.

“I'm glad to hear that,” she responded when he told her that his pack was also good. It was good to know that everything seemed to be going well for the rye wolves. Once the greeting and apologies beer made and she’d done her duty she turned her attention to the reason the pale man had come to Kingsfall. Since his pack was doing well it was clear he wasn't there for them so she'd asked.

“That is a good reason to be here. Have you found them?” She did wonder who his friend might be and if she knew them since he was in Kingsfall. However, it was a big place but at least she knew he wasn't in the area with bad intentions. Her ears perked when he said that she might know him, “Oh? I suppose I might if he lives in Kingsfall.” She had of course grown more curious especially when she heard the note of excitement in his tone.

Then the pale man went on and told her the names of his friend. As it turned out she did know of the wolf he spoke of. “I do know Aytigin quite well in fact,” she told, “He's my friend too.” She didn't ask how he knew Ayti since he'd recently been a lone wolf she suspected he probably met Cottongrass during that time. She did however ask, “Have you known Ayti long?”

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2017, 05:15 PM by Inna.)