451 Users Online
Google, Bing

Stop the Bleeding — Firefly Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Aytigin

It was starting to get to the point that too much time had past since Lorcan had disappeared. She'd been trying to hold out hope that he wouldn't just abandon her and Oksana but maybe it was getting to that point she had to accept that he wouldn't be returning. She'd wanted to go with Laike to look for the tawny healer but he was right, it was best that she stay with her daughter. Since her conversation with Lorcan's brother the tiny Baranski had been distraught about her father. There had been a few times she'd caught her daughter sneaking off, Inna suspected she wanted to go looking for Lorcan as well. The Raven had drug her back telling her that if Lorcan was to be found his brother would bring him back. If nothing else she hoped he would find some answers for her and her daughter.

Oksana was the only one who knew how truly upset she was with the loss of the tawny healer. Though he'd never known how she really felt about him and the hopes she'd had Inna had hoped he would have stayed and tried to make thing work. The mother hoped that he would return before she would have to tell Oksana that he was her father. She didn't want her daughter to feel abandoned by her father, no child should have to know what that felt like yet she feared that would affect her daughter as she grew.

In the time since Laike's visit Inna hadn't felt much like doing anything besides caring for her daughter. Sure she'd done her patrols and had a few hunting trips but only to keep a brave face in front of the pack. She couldn't let them know her true feelings for Lorcan for fear they would discover Lorcan was Oksana's father. Each day once she finished her duties she would return to the den and watch her daughter play while she lay outside. This particular day Oksana had run off to play and left her mother to her own devices. Inna took the opportunity to do some looking of her own and headed off through Hearthwood, the same path that she had taken just before Oksana had been born. Crossing the river she soon found the place she and Lorcan had fixed their relationship. Maybe she would find some answers there and maybe she wouldn't but at least she was doing something to try and find him.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jul 14, 2017, 03:46 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Thanks for starting!

In the past several weeks since their little heart to heart, Aytigin had been visiting Inna pretty much on the daily. The flirting and the banter and the affection was back in whatever their little relationship was, and he was grateful. He'd been having it a little rough since the debacle with Cottongrass, but he didn't want to put all of that on her. Not since Lorcan had gone missing. And, while Aytigin had no clue the extent of her relationship with the tawny healer, he did know that she had a crush on him, and he understood that she was probably hurting just as badly as he was about Cotton.

It was hard to think about how to approach the issue, so he'd kept the mood as light as possible for the last little while. He hadn't addressed the fading scab on his forehead where he'd been bitten, and he hadn't mentioned the healer, but he was getting progressively more and more worried for the dark-furred young lady. Which led him to seek her out that day, intending on perhaps being able to help her if she was experiencing any emotional distress.

He came across her scent easily enough, and followed it without a thought. Perhaps if he were to think it over, he'd come up with something more logical and might not go through with the actual conversation. So he didn't let himself think, and instead just followed along behind her until her raven form came into view.

"Inna!" he called, tail settling into an easy wag, as it usually did when he saw her. He trotted, brushing against her side when he reached her. "How are you doing today, lovely?"
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
No problem!

During her journey to the place she and Lorcan had named Fireglow Grove Inna hadn't found any sign that the tawny healer had come that way. She supposed she wouldn't since it had been some times since his disappearance. Often she had thoughts that she should have gone after him when he hadn't returned. She knew she could have left Oksana with Ayti for the duration of her search. Lorcan would have probably skinned her alive when he found out but it would have been his fault. The ebony Baranski smiled as she made her way across the river thinking of the conversation they would've about it.

She couldn't help the disappointment she had when she finally did make it into the Grove and there was no sign of him there. She walked slowly to the place where they had talked and watched the sunset together that night. She'd still been pregnant with Oksana then. Lorcan seemed to finally be accepting that he would soon be a father. For the first time since she'd told him she felt like he actually shared in her happiness.

As she bent her head to sniff the area she heard her name called. Looking behind her she found Ayti and her first thought was why had he followed her? Still her tail wagged happily behind her when she saw him. Things had been much better between them since they had talked. “Hello Ayti,” she greeted the chocolate man. She couldn't lose his friendship and Lorcan too. “I'm perfectly fine,” she told putting on her brave face. Even though Lorcan was gone she still felt she needed to keep their secret. “How are you?” She asked brushing his cheek with her muzzle in return for his compliment.

~Table by Jacqueline

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Even seeing the dark female could brighten his day. His tail started to wag happily behind him when her orange eyes met his hazel, and he stepped forward, approaching her to nuzzle one of her black ears. It was getting less and less unusual to find her away from Oksana - since the pup had gotten a bit older, the mother seemed to waste no time getting back to some of her old duties. It made Ayti wonder just how much the raven had worked before she'd gotten pregnant in the first place.

He nodded in response to her 'I'm perfectly fine.' The dark furred man didn't quite believe her, but it wasn't his place to push for details. If she wanted to tell him, she'd tell him. If not, then it was fine. There was nothing wrong with her keeping her feelings to herself, after all.

"I'm doing good," he replied breezily, to her inquiry on his own wellbeing. "A little tired; the pups have been kicking my ass in wrestling matches." The former casanova dropped her a wink, because obviously there was no possible way the children could possibly be kicking his ass just yet. Maybe in the future, when they were a lot bigger. But now it was just Ayti playing the punching bag.

He tipped his head to the side, glancing around the two of them. "Find anything interesting out and about today?"
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

When she'd headed to Fireglow Grove Inna had thought she was alone, never had she thought that Ayti would follow her. She was happy to see him even if her trip had been a lone venture to search for Lorcan. As he nuzzled her ear she nuzzled his cheek in return. He did not know what she had come to this place for so she could not be angry that he had followed. The chocolates pelted man also had no idea what this place meant to her and she couldn't tell him even if she wanted to. She feared he would put two and two together and figure out she had lied to him about Lorcan. Inna feared the day he found out that she had and hoped he could understand why.

That was a day in the future though and she had a more pressing problem to deal with. With a smile she had told Ayti that she was fine because she had to. Maybe she was trying to convince herself that she was more than she was trying to convince him. If she told herself she was fine would it eventually be true for her? It had worked in the past but this time was different because it was Lorcan.

She turned the conversation back to him asking how he was, “I'm glad Ayti after everything you deserve that,” she told him before laughing as he explained why he was tired. “You're going to have to stop letting them win. Teach them the finer points of protecting themselves.” She bumped his chin with her muzzle to let him know she was only half serious, they were still young and had numerous adults to look after them.

Inna watched as her friend glanced around them and then his question made her wonder what exactly was going through his mind. “I suppose that depends on what you mean by interesting,” she replied hoping for some clue as to what he was thinking.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2017, 01:25 AM by Inna.)

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
I'm sorry I forgot about this ;.; I'm sorry for the late, short, crappy post.

He smiled at her compliment and shrugged one shoulder. "I'm always better around you," he flirted, wondering if he'd be able to get her flustered or something like he used to. Really, she was one of the only wolves he even flirted with anymore. Didn't have much of a drive for it - pack life had softened him up drastically. A smirk crossed his maw and he shook his head when she told him to not let the pups win in the fights. "Maybe, but I don't want them scared of me, Inna. You'd be surprised at how many wolves are actually really scared of me." The little one he'd met in the Lowlands, for starters. He decided not to bring up the fact that he'd seen Aleksei down there.

'I suppose that depends on what you mean by interesting,' she replied smoothly, and Ayti hummed in thought, figuring out mentally how he was going to word this without sounding like some sort of stalker or creeper. "Well..." he began slowly, hazel eyes reaching out to her orange. "Lorcan's been missing for a while now, and I know you care for him a lot. I was just wondering if you were out here looking for him or something." He smiled slightly, tilting his head to the side. "If you are, I could help you look. Two sets of eyes are better than one in that sense."
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2017, 05:18 AM by Aytigin.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
No worries! I thought it was great.

She could feel the heat rising in her cheeks at his rather obvious flirt but she wondered if there was some truth to it. She looked at him silent for a moment before she spoke,“Well then it's good I'm not going anywhere,” Letting a smile spread across her lips. It wasn't much different for her, he always knew how to bring a smile to her face, even now when she was worried about Lorcan he could still make her smile. She rose a brow as he spoke about the children and the number of wolves that we're afraid of him. “I don't think you could ever scare them Ayti, they know you wouldn't hurt them.” She stepped up to stand in front of him, “What is it that makes you so scary Ayti because I haven't seen it,” she challenged. He'd always been very kind to her and she couldn't imagine him any other way.

She waited to find out what he thought was interesting not quite ready to divulge why she had come to this place. She was surprised to hear that he had a pretty good idea of why she was in the Grove. “I do care about him a lot, he's my friend and yes I thought this would be a good place to look for him,” she said honestly. She didn't want to lie to him about why she was there since he already had figured her out. “I don't think he is here but you can help me look for any sign of him.” Inna didn't think they would find Lorcan or signs of him having been there. “So what made you follow me?” She asked before turning to sniff some more for clues about whether he'd been there or not.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2017, 05:55 AM by Inna.)

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Thank you for your kindness ;.;

There was almost always some sort of truth behind whatever flirtatious remark he gave to Inna, and this time was no exception. It was rare that a wolf could make him experience emotions in the way she had. The only one who came close was Cotton, and that was in an entirely different way. Inna was stability and peace and safety. Cotton was wild and fun and free. They were basically night and day, but Aytigin liked them both regardless. The balance they brought him helped even out his own chaotic personality.

He smiled when she mentioned not going anywhere, and nodded his head. "I'm not going anywhere, either," he assured, tail wagging. Laughter fell from his lips when she mentioned him not being scary, and he shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno. Apparently, I can be pretty scary. Maybe it's just because we've been friends from day one." Because they kind of had been friends for a while, now. Around four months, if he counted correctly.

A hum of affirmation came when she told him she was looking for Lorcan. He didn't feel jealous of the tawny healer, but he also didn't quite like that Inna didn't feel the same way about him. "It would be my pleasure to help search for a missing packmate," he announced, then tilted his head at her next question. "That's a weird thing to ask. I wanted to spend time with you. Make sure you weren't overworking yourself, and making sure you aren't sad."
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
You are very welcome:)

She had always liked hearing whatever flirtatious remarks that Ayti had for her and she had always felt ye meant them which was why she'd never stopped him. They made her feel better about herself especially back when she was feeling so horrible about the kind of wolf she was but now when it was hard to smile his words brought it out if her. She didn't miss Lorcan any less but it helped having Ayti there to help her through and if Lorcan never came back she would still have her friendship with the chocolate male.

If there was one thing that Inna was it was loyal which included her pack, her family, and her friends. Sure she'd had her moments where she hadn't been sure but now she was more sure about it then she'd ever been and she let Ayti know that she wouldn't be leaving him and when he confirmed the same to her she smiled. “Good because I don't think I can lose someone else in my life.” She'd grown more serious with her comment because for her the subject of wolves leaving was a serious one. However her playfulness returned as they spoke of him being scary which she couldn't picture. “Maybe it is because we have,” she agreed, “Or maybe they just don't know how nice the real Ayti can be,” she said raising a brow at him.

She had come to the Grove to find Lorcan and hadn't expected to be followed. In fact she'd thought she'd done a good job of slipping away unnoticed. Apparently not since Ayti had found her. She couldn't lie to him so she admitted the reason she was there, “Thank you Ayti I would be glad to have your help and maybe we can find some clue as to where he's gone.” Though she didn't think he'd been to the Grove since the last time they had been there together. She stopped searching and looked at him as he spoke his words caused her to look at her paws before she went to him and placed a kiss to his cheek. “I'm sorry Ayti your right. I just wasn't expecting to have company and you know I always enjoy our time together right?” She asked as she bumped his chin with her nose. “Why would you think I was sad?” She was curious about his thoughts on this matter.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2017, 02:03 AM by Inna.)