(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google, Isla

Skeleton's — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

Cheedo seemed to know just the right words to say. Lenae wished she was as wise, that her words too flowed like water. But no, instead she stumbled and stammered through her sentences. Fear and cowardice blocking her course. It was discouraging at the best of times but she would try, for that was the least she could do.

Lenae was weak for compliments. She couldn't help but pull in a sharp breath of air as her chest got all warm and tingly. Smart? Her? Really? Lenae had always assumed she was a bit of a ditz, not nearly as sharp or alert as her siblings had been. And she was okay with that, she supposed. She couldn't be good at everything, that would be too much. But at the same time, if she had been more clever then maybe she would have realised-

The little Selwyn shook her head.

"I...Thank you." She murmured, as heat flushed into her cheeks."For believing in me, I mean. Most don't. Short of brush me off, small and stupid. That's what they used to say." By they she meant Kaela but...That was aside the point."But I will try....I'll ask Piety and Wraith one day and we can..go from there, I guess."

It was a start, wasn't it? Better than sitting around and moping, of thinking about the past and how she could have done better, been better.

"I know I haven't been here long but...I hope we become good friends."Hopefully she wouldn't mind, or think that Lenae was speaking out of place. Because she meant it, she truly did.

[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Seeing so much of herself in Everly and knowing what had helped her to start to move on from her past encouragement seemed a good way to help the new member. She hoped her words of encouragement would inspire the woman to take the knowledge she had and use it to help herself and the pack. Having been in a place where she'd been scared and nervous about everything the small agouti could understand.

Cheedo also knew that there had to be a desire to want to make something more of her life. She hoped that Everly possessed that desire just as much as she had. It was what helped her to get through many things that made her nervous, like the time she'd had to go to the Hearthwood border. Even pack meetings sent her muscles quivering with nervousness.

“You don't have to thank me Everly,” she told the female, “It's not a hard thing to believe in you. I know that you can accomplish whatever you want. I think you will find that here in Whitestone I won't be the only one to believe in you.” Her own experiences had taught her that Wraith and Piety believed in her everyday. “You should ask them, they will be happy to help you figure things out and you can come to me anytime you would like.” Cheedo didn't have any qualms about Everly seeking out her help.

Everly’s next sentiment brought a smile to the small agouti's features. “I would like that if we did.” She hadn't had anyone she could call a true friend except for Piety. Though Cheedo had been apprehensive about everything at first she'd grown very comfortable around the pale woman.

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
sorry for the delay, my muse has been so fickle. Keeping this one short, so we can wrap it up and maybe start something more recent! Fade with your next post?

Lenae wasn't so sure about that, that she could accomplish whatever her heart desired. But when Cheedo said that everyone here had her back...yes, she could believe in that. Ever since the start they had all been so kind and supportive to her. And Cheedo especially had such words of wisdom. Maybe it was because she'd been in her position before, so meek and mild and scared of the world. But now, look at her! Giving advice like a champ! It made Lenae happy to know that even if she stumbled she'd have friends around to help her get back to her feet.

At her admittance, Lenae dropped down into a play bow as her tail-and butt- wiggled from side to side.She was being childish, but who cared? Not Lenae!

"Hey come on, let's go explore or something. You know the tundra well, right? Show me all the cool spots and stuff, let's get to know each other, like best friends!"

Maybe she was coming on too strong, maybe Cheedo would reel back and think she's an oddball but...She was excited and she'd never really had a friend that wasn't family, in one way or another so....She was trying, this was the most she could do.

Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
No worries, you can fade in your next post if you like.

The small agouti had given Everly the best advice she could and as well as a little hope that confidence could be hers. All she needed was a little time and some encouragement from the pack. Cheedo believed that Whitestone was a good pack that would help it's newest member to be the best she could be. They had seemed to understand her in a way that no one else had and help her to become more than what she had been.

Having friends was something that had been foreign to the little agouti until she came to Whitestone. After a while though she felt as though she had gained friends in the pack. It pleased her to know that Everly wanted for them to be good friends. This was so much different than what she had been used to in Ritter and for once in her life she was happy.

Cheedo was a little surprised by Everly's play bow at first since she couldn't even remember the last time she’d played. A smile quickly spread across her face before she bumped the other female's cheek with her muzzle. “Let's go. I can show you all the best places and it will give us plenty of time to get to know each other, like best friends.”

Cheedo started to lead the way to the first place, she'd never had a best friend before and was interested in seeing what that was like.

(This post was last modified: Oct 30, 2017, 05:15 PM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

"Eeeeee!Lenae couldn't help but squeak in delight at the touch to her muzzle. And of course, she responded in turn with a boop that was equally as affectionate, if not more so.

For a long dreadful moment she had feared Cheedo would turn her down, but of course she didn't. Cheedo was the best of the best and Lenae already loved her for it. She jumped up and down, as her tail swished behind her at lightspeed. She was already having so much fun, she'd never felt so damn alive and they hadn't even started for real yet!

For what felt like the millionth time she wished she had left the mountains sooner. All those long weeks of suffering could have been avoided if she'd just-no. It wouldn't have worked out, she knew that. She'd only managed to escape because...If it hadn't been for Elly. She didn't want to think about him, not because he was bad or anything like that. No no no, he was so good.

Just like Cheedo.

"Race you!"Lenae suddenly cried, despite the fact she had no idea where Cheedo wanted to lead her. It didn't matter, it was all part of the fun. An important learning process for the little Selwyn.

Fade