in the blushing lights — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I honestly get so excited when you post ^-^

i don't even know if i believe
Aurora Thanne

With the awkwardness out of the way, Rory felt that the smile she had been trying to suppress had reappeared with vengeance, the apples of her cheeks were beginning to hurt once more but she didn't mind. Aytigin was worth the pain, he was also worth a second chance and with a thump of her tail she felt herself inch closer to nuzzle his shoulder. She hadn't meant to make him feel sorry but his apology was greatly appreciated and the level of respect she felt for him had increased just that fast. He had become her favorite wolf in the Lore, as if there were very many.

He assured her that she could open up to him and she felt her throat grow tight, nervous about what he wanted to know and how much she could honestly share with him without giving too much of herself. Dumping her emotions was harder than she thought, it usually took time to trust another with her heart and she wondered if she favored him enough to give him that privilege. She figured that just yet, she would wait. "Are you like this with every wolf you meet?" she wondered aloud, her head cocking to the side. She purposely left out "female" but there was no doubt in her mind that he would assure her that she was different, he had voiced it moments before, but something within her wanted to hear just how different she was once more. She needed that assurance that he wanted her and only her.

He answered her question without much thought and a chuckle left her mouth, eyes light with amusement. He had wanted the ability to talk to birds because of their capability to be in many places and fly the world without a care. His answer was honest enough, nearly identical to what she wanted to do which made her wonder if they were more alike than she had previously assumed. "No way! You're in my head aren't you?" she joked and nudged him lightly, "I'd love the ability to fly. I'd be able to be anywhere and probably never get tired. I wouldn't have to worry about drought or famine because I can pick up and leave if an area isn't good anymore. I'd be free, without a care in the world." she said, sighing deeply. "That would be so nice." and her eyes met his caramel gaze with a smile, waiting for his next question with patience.

(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2017, 08:27 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
I'm sorry the replies have been so spaced out! Ayti's going through a lot right now. After this, we need an updated thread!

Aytigin hadn't been expecting a nuzzle, but damn if it wasn't appreciated. He couldn't help the grin that stretched out across his maw, likely making him look like an idiot. Rory, it seemed, was somehow combining the beautiful sensations that he got - separately - from Cottongrass and Inna both. Cotton carried with him feelings of butterflies and excitement and joy, and Inna carried with her feelings of safety and warmth and acceptance. All of which were amazing feelings, and he felt them all when around the yellow-eyed female. He could certainly become used to feeling like this, and, since she was comfortable with the physical contact, allowed himself to drop a light kiss to her cheek in return.

'Are you like this with every wolf you meet?' He probably should've expected that question, but for some reason, he hadn't. So he took a moment, humming as he ran through his encounters with previous wolves in the past. "Mmm... well, I try to be nice to everyone I meet," he responded, going for a more truthful approach. The man wasn't really known for being dishonest, anyway. In fact, he often got chastised for being a bit too honest. "But no, I don't. You're definitely getting special treatment." Another smile formed on his lips, and he winked at the woman before him. The statement was completely truthful - he wouldn't take just anybody and catch them a fish, and then spend ages just sitting there and talking with them.

Nah, he'd decided that Rory was pretty special.

Laughter bubbled from his maw when she spoke about flying, and he nodded his head. "That does sound nice, but I don't think I'd like being so high up," he told her, tail thumping periodically on the pebbly bank behind him. He was certainly enjoying himself. "Though I could see you flying, with like... dove wings, or something. That would be pretty." Ah. Now it was his turn to ask her a question. Again, he took a moment to think first. "Are you a morning person, or a night person?" He was pretty sure they could go at this all day, but he truly did need to get back to the pack sooner rather than later. But perhaps a couple more questions wouldn't hurt - the thought of having to leave Rory behind pulled uncomfortably at his chest. Something akin to dread, he assumed.

All he knew was that he didn't want her to go.
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Thats fine by me! I'm sure they both have a lot of catching up to do :D One more post and fade?

i don't even know if i believe
Aurora Thanne

Her touch made him grin, and she realized that he looked even more handsome with happiness plastered on his face. His aura was welcoming in so much that it made her mimic his actions and she grinned as well, pulling back from him in hopes that she looked as beautiful as he was handsome, her tail wagged wildly behind her. She didn't want this moment to end but knew that eventually the men from their previous meeting would come looking for him, she would squeeze out as much time as possible before that happened.

He assured her that she was special and with a tight lip and softened gaze, she nodded her head in acknowledgement. She wouldn't question it any further in this meeting but something within her still didn't quite believe him, she was considering how handsome he was and how plain and homely she was in comparison. Surely he was just being kind; his act was pure gold! She blinked, snapping herself from a trance she'd so suddenly fallen into and emitted a giggle, as if everything he said was funny and perfect in every way. "Thank you then, you've definitely made me feel better." she admitted having nearly forgot the incident from earlier. He really had made quite the impression for his pack and she couldn't wait to run into him again when the circumstances were right.

Another giggle flowed from his mouth when he said she would be fitting to wear dove wings, as if she were angelic in any way. She surely didn't think she was but apparently Aytigin saw things about her that she couldn't see and it made her feel much better inside because of this. It was almost as if he was the bridge she needed to make her whole again, but something about his efforts made her want to resist with everything she had, for fear of falling too fast despite actually having fallen already. She was a complete mess! "I am a night person definitely! Believe it or not, I actually have a hard time sleeping, it's probably because I spend so much of my time beneath the stars out in the open." that was hard to admit, but she was sure he'd understand. "Let me guess, you're a....morning person?" 

Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
This was, by far, the most beautiful wolf he had ever laid eyes on. Everything about her - from her pale fur and eyes, to her darkened muzzle, to her giggles and the fact that she didn't even know how beautiful she was... In this moment, here, she was making him forget Cottongrass and Inna and his hopeless crushes that he had on them. Did that make him terrible? Possibly - probably - but he couldn't help it. Besides, he had neither made nor received promises from either of them to be faithful. In fact, he was damn near positive that neither one of them knew or even cared to know about his feelings.

Maybe... maybe he shouldn't waste his time with those two. Maybe there were happier things ahead, if he would just look in the right places. But Aytigin had never been a spectacularly intelligent wolf, and he would be the first to admit that he would make mistakes on a near daily basis. Wasting his time and energy and feelings in the wrong places (namely, giving a part of his heart to the wrong Rye wolf) would prove to do much more harm than good. But he didn't know about that right now.

"I'm definitely a morning person," he agreed, a soft smile on his maw. "I used to be the type who could stay up all night and sleep all day, but not anymore. I've mellowed with age," he joked, a small laugh bubbling in his chest as he continued on with their conversation. This would be the last he would see of Rory for a long time, but he would certainly not forget her.

{I}{ f a d e }