(See All?) Announcements
541 Users Online
Google, Bing

i knew you were trouble — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Backdated to August 7th. Afternoon, 53°F, 12°C, Heavy Rain. Scout demonstration 1/3
Day 4. Still no sign of her.

Hunkered down in the tall grass of the lowlands, tawny fur perfectly camouflaged against the dying vegetation, Lorcan silently observed the borders of the rye fields with growing anxiety. Whilst the male may not have been able to enter the northern pack’s territory to spy on Risaela, there was no rules preventing him from keeping a watchful eye on the wolves from a distance. Despite Jessie’s promise to return the pup to Hearthwood River eventually, Lorcan just didn’t feel comfortable leaving the girl in the care of their western neighbours. He didn’t trust a single one of the wolves there and his concern for the welfare of the grieving girl only grew worse with each day that passed.

Lorcan had been crouched there for hours, entirely focused on observing the individuals which passed through the marked borders and out into the surrounding lowlands. However, the sudden darkening of the sky caused his golden gaze to break away from the rye fields in order to glance up towards the sun, watching as it disappeared behind a large stormy cloud. The male refused to abandon his position, not willing to let a little rain put him off. However, when the weather worsened and the rain began to fall in heavy sheets – threatening to soak his coat right through – he begrudgingly admitted defeat and rose up from his hiding place to lope quietly towards the shelter of the nearby trees.

He came to stand before Inna, spotting her dark form concealed amongst the shadowy underbrush, and offered her a frustrated look before quickly shaking out his coat. Traipsing towards her, droplets of water still dripping from the tips of his dishevelled fur, he paused to greet her with an affectionate lick to her muzzle before settling down beside her. “Still nothing…” He stated with a slight growl in his voice, hinting at his agitation, as his eyes returned to settle back on the rye fields from their vantage point between the trees. “I’m starting to wonder if she’ll ever leave.” He sighed, glancing back across to look at Inna, worry swimming in his golden gaze.

(This post was last modified: Aug 19, 2017, 06:07 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Scout Dem 1/3

The weather matched her mood since leaving the borders of Wild Rye Fields and the disaster that had become. All she could do was shake her head at herself and wonder what had gotten into her. Actually she didn't need to wonder, the rude behavior of Askan and the other man, Reyes. The things they accused her of, not loving her sister enough to come looking for her sooner. Inna was reminded of the time she'd left him for a few months before her father died, it was her family that had pulled her back, the need to be there for them. It was what kept her in Hearthwood now, her family, keeping their legacy alive and her mother's children, they were her responsibility now and she had failed. How she had let Risaela get all the way to Wild Rye fields? Inna sighed, she didn't know how to make this right.

Laying under the trees that had served as shelter for she and Lorcan since they decided to stop there Inna looked out across the tundra. Her gaze rested in Lorcan as he looked up to the sky just after a rain cloud covered the sun from view. They had been there for what felt like forever watching the rye wolves since they had not been able to bring Risa back. Inna missed Oksana and was sure her daughter was worried, she'd left the child too soon. There was nothing to be done about it now but hope Ayti was taking good care of her. Her feelings in this stakeout were mixed especially with each passing day and no sign that Risa was returning home.

The child was known to wander Inna knew that and that was fine, as a child she'd done the same but she had never stayed away from home this long. It worried her for the future, would Risa be like the rest of her siblings? Inna wouldn't let the Tainn child do the same as the rest, she would not continue to be hurt by her like she had been Alek. Her mother had been right when she had made her threat and Inna would follow through with it if that was what she had to do. Until Risa returned home her feelings would remain mixed but with each passing day that there was no sign of the Hearthwood pups return and had to wonder if Risa ever would come home. Inna trusted Jessie would bring her back as soon as Risa asked.

The rain grew heavy falling in sheets around them forcing Lorcan to take shelter under the trees with her. And affectionate lick was placed on her muzzle before he took up the place next to her. Inna lay the side of her head against his shoulder as she watched the rain. “It worries me Lorcan,” she told when he informed her that he still had not seen anything yet. She raised her head to meet his gaze as he spoke of Risa leaving the fields, “It's been on my mind as well and it worries me she is in there with my brother, Askan, and Reyes. What are they filling her head with? I'm worried we will lose her forever.” The thought had crossed her mind more than once and each time she tried not to entertain it if she could.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2017, 07:50 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Scout demonstration 2/3
Beneath the shelter of the trees, lingering beneath the shadows which were cast down from their thick canopies, the agouti male sprawled out beside his female lover companion. A heavy sigh pushed past his lips as Inna shifted her weight over to rest her dark head upon the thick cream fur of his side, appreciating her presence in that moment. Golden gaze remained peering between the silhouettes of the trees, eyes straining to see through the haze of rain as he continued to watch the rye field borders from a distance.

Russet ears flattened against his head as Inna voice her worry. Golden eyes gave a last quick sweep of the pack territory before his attention turned to fully focus on the female who was resting up against him. “Me too.” He admitted, voice a soft grumble, as he searched for the warmth of her orange gaze. A frown pinched at his pale brows as Inna continued, his expression growing more concerned. “Nothing good, I’m sure…” Lorcan sighed, his heaving chest causing her head to rise momentarily.

“No, don’t think like that…” He breathed, placing another warm lick upon her crown. “We will get her back. Somehow.” Lorcan said assuredly, partly attempting to persuade himself as well as Inna.

“I just don’t know what to do…” He finally confessed after an extra long pause, his frowning gaze moving to return back to stare out through the rain at the lowlands ahead of them. “I haven’t been able to catch sight of her yet and all the active trails I’ve found near their borders smell of them.” He explained, the bridge of his muzzle wrinkling in frustration.
(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2017, 07:54 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Scouting Dem 2/3

The rain had forced Lorcan from his lookout position to join her under the trees. She looked out into the white of the rain hating that they could not be closer. So many times over the days since they had left the rye wolves borders she'd wanted to go into their territory and take her sister back. When he sprawled out next to her she'd leaned her body against his seeking his warmth and the comfort his presence.provided her. Her dark head rested against him as she first started to speak putting voice to her worries as she watched and listened to the rain fall around them. Her worries went deeper even still than her worry over her sister. Was she to follow in her mother's pawsteps and lose all those she loved? Would Risaela be just another lost sibling she would never see again.

He shared her worry as she knew he did, if they didn't then they wouldn't be there trying to catch a glimpse to make sure Risa was okay. Inna heaved a sigh knowing that Lorcan was right, it was the same thing she'd been thinking too. “We have to hope that she is too young to understand Aleks wandering ways and whatever likes those brutes told her. I can't believe I thought Askan could be a friend.” She'd vouged for him to Lachesis, told him the dark man was good. She was wrong and it made her want to vomit. Now her little sister was in his clutches and there was nothing she could do about it. “I’m sure you're right most certainly nothing good,” she agreed as her head rise with his sigh.

Her eyes closed as she felt his lick on her crown, his words telling her to remain positive but she wasn't sure she knew how. With every moment that passed she felt like her sister was slipping further away from her. She was the last thing she had that had been her mother's, she couldn't lose her. “We would have seen them leave and Jessie said...they haven't so Risa hasn't asked to leave. I just…” she trailed off as she buried her face into his fur. He tried to reassure her that they would get her back, that she would see her sister again. “Thank you Lorcan,” she whispered hoping hear would hear her over the sound of the rain.

He finished the sentence that she had ended, she didn't know either. “I want to go in there and drag her out by her tail,” she finally admitted after the last four days of waiting for some sign Risa was heading home. “But I know that we can't, Lachesis would kill us if they didn't first.” She moved turned her head to meet his gaze, “She wouldn't have our scent anymore,” she told him slowly as that realization came to her. “She will smell like them when she comes home.” Inna just didn't understand.

~Table by Jacqueline

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Scout demonstration 3/3
Lorcan felt his heart sink at the sound of Inna’s heavy sigh. It seemed she too had started to lose hope for her little sister ever returning home. Russet ears pressed back anxiously against his head as she spoke of what lies the rye field males, including her brother, may have told Risaela. At her mention of Askan, Lorcan scowled, golden eyes narrowing on the golden grasses ahead which swayed rhythmically in the heavy rain. “I’ve never got along with him.” He almost spat, black-tipped tail swatting the dirt and leaf litter beneath them with irritation.

His mind thought back to their confrontation with the wolves at the border, thinking back to something Jessie had said to them. “What Jessie said…about your brother…and how they knew about Sana – Do…do you think they all think it was me?” He asked tentatively, pale brows shifting to convey his apprehension. At the time Lorcan had not reacted to the comment and had been careful to keep a neutral expression, as if the revelation had not concerned him. However behind his stoic expression, his heart had skipped a beat for fear of what the wolves may do if they believed him to be the father.

The male cast his own worries to one side as Inna grew more distressed, burying her face into his thick fur. The whole conundrum regarding Risaela had been hard on both of them, but more so for the dark female. Risaela wasn’t just a pup who belonged in their pack, she was one of the last things she had left of her mother. Losing the girl would not just mean losing a pack mate, it would mean losing yet more members of her family. Lorcan did his best to reassure her, despite his own gnawing doubts.

“I just don’t understand what they can provide her that Hearthwood can’t.” He said quietly, thinking out loud to himself more than anything, as he leant over to place his muzzle protectively on top of Inna’s in an attempt to comfort her. Lorcan grunted in amusement when Inna mentioned the idea of dragging the pup out by her tail as his golden eyes broke away from the rye fields to meet her warm orange gaze. A fragile grin dancing on his charcoal lips for a brief moment before she brought up Lachesis. His ears pressed back against his skull. “He might kill us anyway if he ever finds out that you tried to end the alliance.” He sighed, lips tugging down into a frown.

As Inna then reminded him that Risaela may not smell of Hearthwood any longer – that her coat may now have carried the scent of the rye field wolves instead – his stomach turned. How had he not realised that sooner?! That could mean that some of the scent trails that he had ignored could have, in fact, belonged to the pup. Dark lashes pressed shut as his brows furrowed deeply in dismay. What hope was there left of them catching her now?! They couldn’t enter the territory where she rested, they hadn’t been able to spot her in the vast expanse of lowlands that surrounded and now any hopes of tracking her down by scent were lost.

His jaws clenched and his tail lashed out angrily behind him. Lorcan fell silent, his body tense with the overwhelming frustration which now burned like fire through his veins, as his golden eyes glared down at the ground between his paws.

His heart told him not to give up, but the voice inside his head screamed for him to accept the harsh reality of the situation.

This was hopeless.
(This post was last modified: Aug 17, 2017, 02:15 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Scouting Dem 3/3

If they weren't staking out the rye wolves and her world wasn't in so much turmoil Inna would live staying under the trees with the man she loved. With her eyes focused toward the border they had been watching for days she wondered if they would ever get a moment where they could ever just lay under a tree with the rain falling around them and forget the world and everything in it. “You saw the real Askan before I ever did, I was stupid to trust that he could be a good man.” It was a lesson learned that she wouldn't ever forget. She'd tried to be so kind to Reyes too and it seemed he meant to ruin her life, or at least try to. “I don't trust they won't tell her lies to bring back to Lachesis, they are a bad influence Lorcan and there is nothing we can do to stop it.” More and more as her thoughts of what could be happening behind the borders Inna was starting to lose hope for ever truly getting her sister back. Inna feared they were destroying her loyalty to Hearthwood and Kisla, she wanted more than anything for Risa to prove her wrong but with her sisters prolonged absence she couldn't count on it.

The thoughts that she'd been entertaining we're then brought to the surface when Lorcan asked what she thought about what was said about their daughter. Inna let her orange gaze meet his golden one, “I do, Alek thought it was you and in fact seemed almost certain about it. If he is in the Fields running his mouth then we have to expect he has told them you're Sana’s father. We have to prepare for that because it's not just us that knows anymore. I can't lie to Lachesis Lorcan, he hadn't asked so far but he may one day.” She was prepared for any punishment she might receive but she did not want anything to happen to Lorcan. She felt the comment and their reaction to it did not confirm or deny anything that might he thought or assumed. She had accepted Jessie's congratulations as she felt any mother would but that had been the extent of it. She hadn't been there to talk about Oksana, they had brought her into it and that angered the Raven more than she could express.

She'd buried her face into Lorcans scruff to block everything out but she could not. It was always there hovering just over her shoulder, whispering in her ear. She would continue to lose her family members and there was nothing she could do to stop it. That fear was why she held Oksana so close and had Risa stayed she would have done the same to her. Inna had let her mother down only days after her death by allowing Risa to get away from Hearthwood into Alek’s clutches. Would she be able to repair the damage that had been caused in her sister?

Inna had turned her head to gaze back out into the rain. She thought she witnessed a figure disappearing behind the border through the rain. She couldn't he sure with the rain falling as heavily as it was. Lorcans comment brought her gaze to meet his golden one once more before he placed his muzzle over hers. “I don't understand either unless the reason she has wandering paws is because she was never meant to stay.” It was the only explanation she could think of, that Risa was more like Alek than she would like to admit. She didn't even want to consider that because it would mean Risa would end up the same as her brother. “It's a chance I'm going to have to take,” she told, “I'm telling him what I did and why when I get back. I'm sure he will understand. He would not agree with us being treated as we were when we came to them with respect and courtesy. If they had been at our borders they would expect to be treated well would they not?” This had been on her mind a lot since she had made the decision to threaten the alliance, what if they had been at Hearthwood and were treated so disrespectfully?

She didn't know why it had taken her so long to realize that her search little sister no longer smelled of their home. When Lorcan spoke of their scent it's like she finally realized just how long her sister had been away, how long they had been away from Hearthwood. She could tell that this had angered him, it angered her too but what were they to do about it? Inna licked his cheek as he looked at the ground between his paws, “What are you thinking?” She asked him. He needed to say it out loud and she needed to hear it. What it the same thing she was thinking, that they couldn't continue to stay out here when they were needed at home? It seemed Risa had made her choice however unwise Inna thought it was she had and there was nothing she could do to change it if she couldn't even get close to her sister.

~Table by Jacqueline

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Scout demonstration 4/3
The male huffed, charcoal lips curling up to form snide looking smirk on his face as he held back a dismissive laugh. “You’re not stupid, I think I’ve just spent more time around him than you.” He assured her, golden eyes sweeping down her face to meet her orange gaze. He was sure that, having lived in the lowlands initially, he must have encountered the rye field male on more occasions than his pack mate had.

A frown creased his brow as he thought of what they might have been telling Risaela in their absence. “I don’t trust them either. Any of them.” He agreed, casting his gaze back through the trees and heavy downpour of rain towards the golden rye fields. “Maybe it’s because of what went on when I was still loyal to Whitestone, but, I was suspicious of them even before all of this happened. That’s partly why I agreed to come with you. I didn’t feel comfortable with you visiting them on your own.” He admitted, ears pressing back against his head as he grew nervous, worried about what Inna might think.

Lorcan remained quiet, listening anxiously as Inna admitted that she believed her brother had named him as the father to his new pack mates, confirming his suspicions. The agouti male didn’t noticed how the dark fur along his back instinctively bristled then as he felt a wave of fear ripple through him, causing all colour to drain from his cheeks – and then she spoke of Lachesis finding out. Lorcan felt his heart jump before it suddenly began to race inside his chest. “Wha-what are you saying…th-that we should tell him?!” He stuttered, promptly rising to paws in order to shake out his coat.

“We…we’ve worked so hard to keep it a secret.” He mumbled to himself under his breath as he stood parallel to where she lay, glancing back towards after a moment for confirmation.

Noticing as Inna’s attention shifted to focus over towards the rye field territory in the distance, Lorcan’s own gaze followed to spot the wolfish figure passing through the invisible borders. Golden eyes narrowed on the individual, straining to see through the heavy rain, before he quickly dismissed the idea of it being the pup they desperately wished to make contact with. Returning to settle back down beside Inna, he released another sigh, an subtle indication of his waning hope.

The conversation then returned back to Lachesis and what he would do if he were to ever find out about the almost severed alliance between the two packs. Lorcan had said it partly as a joke, hoping that their leader would remain none-the-wiser as long as they both kept their mouths shut. Inna, on the other hand, had no intention of letting him go on oblivious to the situation. A single brow furrowed in concern whilst the other raised in disbelief as he stared at the dark female as she explained how she planned to confess everything to their alabaster superior. Lorcan swallowed nervously and his ears pressed back against his head.

“I agree that our treatment was inexcusable, but, what you did – trying to end the alliance…without his permission – are you sure that he will be that forgiving?” The subordinate couldn’t see the conversation ending well himself. To him, it wouldn’t just be a serious confession. It would mean her immediate exile – but then the raven knew their leader better than most, maybe she could convince him that it had been a foolish mistake made in the heat of the moment.

As it finally dawned on him that it was now nigh on impossible for them to track down Risaela, Lorcan couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed with frustration. He could feel his skin burn, as he grew angry at himself for even contemplating on giving up on the young pup despite their slim chances of success. Falling into a state of silence, with nothing but a hard scowl on his face, the male glared at the space between his outstretched paws. He refused to let Inna know just how helpless he felt in that moment. He was supposed to be the one filling her with positivity, belief and determination – and instead, like a coward, he was busy trying to convince himself not to get up and walk away there and then.

They’d been sat out on the edge of the lowlands for four whole days now, and away from Hearthwood and their daughter – who was surely growing distressed by now – for an entire week. Even worse, they had gained nothing from it. No sign, or scent, or Risaela. Nothing.

The warmth of her tongue against his cheek broke him away from his turbulent thoughts. Dark lashes blinked shut for a heartbeat as he worked to calm himself down, not wanting to snap at the woman who was only trying to help. “I…I just think we’ve run out of options.” He admitted, russet ears pressed back against his head. Golden gaze blinked open to glance back across to Inna, the light from his eyes now gone. “We haven’t accomplished anything staying out here – and aside from raiding the territory, I don’t see how we will ever get her back apart from waiting until she wants to return.” He didn’t want to hurt her by saying it, but he also didn't know what else to tell her because it was the truth.

The truth hurt.
(This post was last modified: Aug 18, 2017, 04:25 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Scouting Dem 4/3

Inna didn't know Reyes well, her first impressions of him we're not good ones. He was rude and dismissive, had she had the power when he showed up at her borders she may have turned him away. At the time she hadn't due to her worry over Askan and now she felt foolish for that worry. Lorcan's words were comforting as he expressed that he’d run into Askan more often than she had. “He puts on a good show,” she stated disgusted with herself, “I should have know that first meeting. It bothers me that I didn't.” The only excuse she could allow herself was that she had still been young but she wouldn't let it happen again.

Lorcan spoke of not trusting the rye wolves which brought her back to the conversation she'd had with Lachesis about them. How she had been on her mother's side and thought it would have been a good idea to form an alliance with them. “Having men like Askan, Reyes, and my brother in their midst makes me wonder what kind of wolves they really are.” Her trust and willingness to have anything to do with them had been damaged. “Did they cause trouble for Whitestone?” She asked but it was what he said about not wanting her to go to visit the rye wolves alone that her placing a kiss on his cheek. “Thank you Lorcan. I'm very glad you came. It means a lot that you didn't want me to come alone.” She usually felt she could take care of herself but she still liked the idea of him wanting to look after her.

It seemed even outside of Hearthwood her brother could still cause problems for her. She was certain that he had expressed his suspicions about Oksana's father to the rye wolves. This worried her. It didn't matter if there was truth to the claim or not, the subject of it was Lorcan and she worried what would happen now that the two of them weren't the only ones who knew the secret. Askan and Reyes had made it clear they were not happy with she and and the tawny healer. So Inna had made herself clear to Lorcan or at least she thought she had. His question though stuttered out let her know he wasn't. “Only if he asks, so far he hasn't but if he asks I can't lie to him Lorcan but you must not worry,” she told him as she looked up to where he stood. She knew he wasn't happy about Lachesis finding out, she wasn't either but it was something they had to prepare themselves for. The only thing is if it came to it and they were forced to leave Oksana was old enough that living outside of a pack wouldn't be so hard on her. Inna just didn't know where they would go if that happened.

So much had gone into keeping their secret and to imagine it all crumbling right before their eyes. Her gaze dropped to look at the grass between her paws, this was her doing. If it really came to something bad happening because Lachesis had found out it would be her fault, all of it.

When she looked up after a sigh expanding her chest fully she noticed movement near the fields border. She watched for a moment to see what the figure would do. She knew it wasn't her sister for it was too big but someone else. She couldn't be exactly sure, the rain made it difficult to see anything. Her attention returned to Lorcan as he came to lay next to her again a reminder that they were in this together as always. Whatever happened they would face it together like they had done in the past and how they were in the present.

Inna had made up her mind a few days ago that when she returned to Hearthwood she would seek Lachesis out and tell him what happened at the border. She would tell him what she had done and accept his punishment whatever it was. Though she hoped for his understanding and backing in the situation she wasn't going to get her hopes up. She had done wrong so fully expected na punishment but she hoped that by telling Lachesis she had realized her mistake and tried to fix it he would be kinder.

“I don't know if he will but I know that is something I can't keep from him. I have to go and be up front about it. I didn't earn his trust just because I'm Kisla and Maksims daughter. I have worked hard for Hearthwood since my father's death and Lachesis recognizes that. Besides I didn't try to sever it I only said I would recommend that it be which isn't really that bad.” Again Inna was brought back to the conversation she'd had with Lachesis and the fact that Kisla had wanted the alliance with the rye wolves. This isn't to say that it wouldn't have eventually happened but Lachesis hadn't trusted them at first. Perhaps that fact would play in her favor and maybe not it was a risk she had to take to keep the trust of the pale leader intact.

Inna was angry with herself for not realizing sooner that Hearthwood was gone from Risa's pelt. They had no way to track her and had not caught sight of her, it was also clear she had not asked to be taken home. Inna knew what it meant even if she didn't want to admit it to herself. The question was what were they going to do with this realization. It was frustrating that she could not take her sister home because they were keeping her within the territory. If she went in without permission she would be severing the alliance and then Lachesis might really kill her but would she be willing to risk it? With so much at stake Inna didn't know. She didn't want to give up in her sister but without being able to talk to her she could only come to one conclusion. Risa had chosen the rye wolves over her own pack, if only her sister had made the choice to talk to her, explain things anything.

It was now getting to a point where they had been away from home for far too long and needed to get back. Her daughter needed her, Oksana was probably distraught by now and giving Ayti a hard time. The pack needed she and Lorcan back especially when there were four pups that still needed care. It was quickly getting to the point of having to give up whether they wanted to or not.

Lorcans obvious distress over the situation had her inquiring about what his thoughts were on the matter. She didn't feel they were too far from her own because despite their differences there were plenty of times when it truly counted they had the same thoughts. As he spoke this time he did not disappoint for his thoughts were inline with her own. “I think you're right and sitting out here with some false hope isn't getting us anywhere but further in trouble.” Lachesis had to he worried about them by now since they hadn't shown back up. Inna had only expected to be gone six days but now they were on their seventh day and still had a three day journey back to Hearthwood. “I know, we either have to wait her out and abandon the pack and our own daughter until she makes up her mind to leave or go home and trust that Jessie will keep her word and bring her home.” Inna would love to stay there and wait for Risa, to show her support for the child even in she didn't know her big sister was there. However she couldn't choose another sibling who so far had shown herself to be like all the rest over her own daughter.

~Table by Jacqueline

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Scout demonstration 5/3
Lorcan shrugged, his expression softening a little as he looked across to Inna. It was a hard lesson for her, to realise that you couldn’t always trust others at face value, and he sympathised with her. The realisation also couldn’t have come at a worse time, so soon after the death of her mother and the loss of yet another sibling, Lekalta. Inna’s support system had crumbled down around her in the space of three months and the healer seriously began to worry whether the raven would ever fully trust another soul again.

“You can’t always tell what someone is like when you first meet them, so you shouldn’t blame yourself.” Lorcan said quietly, stepping closer to nuzzle her cheek. As she spoke more of the other rye field wolves, the male nodded his head slowly in agreement, a frown returning to his brow. For Lorcan, the meeting had just confirmed his suspicions about the north-western pack. Russet ears perked up at her question and his golden eyes drifted away from her to gaze out in the direction of the great monadnock in the far distance. “Craw and Morganna were not happy when they first settled in the lowlands. They were too close.” He explained, his gaze drifting back towards the golden rye fields ahead of them. “It made winter difficult for us, since we shared the same hunting grounds – and of course, Askan was always around causing trouble.” He continued, remembering back to their numerous encounters.

“Craw told me to avoid him, that he wasn’t worth the dirt under my paw…” He recalled, remembering back to that bazaar night in the communal den. “I think if he was still around, he would’ve said the same thing to you, about all of them.” He placed a tender lick to the side of her dark muzzle. Inna didn’t deserve to be treated like a piece of shit, and neither did he.

Their conversation then turned to Lachesis and what they would tell him when they returned home. The idea of informing the male of Oksana’s true parentage scared him like nothing else. The pair of them had worked so hard to keep it a secret from everyone, to ensure that they could be together so that they could both care and provide for their daughter in some way. It had worked. Lachesis trusted him and everyone in the pack simply viewed him as some kind of caretaker for their daughter. The fact that Inna was now even considering spilling everything to their leader, just because of some stupid rumours spread by her brother in another pack…Lorcan stared at her, eyes widened in disbelief.

“Only if he asks, so far he hasn't, but if he asks I can't lie to him Lorcan…” The male inhaled sharply, trying to catch his breath, as his russet ears fell back against his head as his tail curled between his legs in unison. He knew Inna was stubborn and that she loved Lachesis dearly – apparently even more so than she loved him. His heart sunk, there was no escaping this. If he were continue their lies regardless if she were to tell the truth, it would only look worse on him. His muzzle wrinkled in despondence. “If he chases me out, remember it was your idea.” He warned, fur bristling.

Inna continued to surprise him, going on to announce that she would be informing Lachesis of her suggestion to end the pack alliance, believing that she would be forgiven. Lorcan wasn’t so convinced, but what could he say? It was clear that she had already made up her mind. “I don’t think he will be happy.” He said, golden eyes casting down towards the floor awkwardly. Inna seemed certain that she would be able to explain herself to make him see why she had said it. Lorcan just hoped it would be enough to prevent her from getting chased out; with any luck she would just be physically punished or demoted.

As his golden gaze returned to look out towards the borders of the rye field pack, his chest clenched anxiously. They had found no sign of Risaela and it was now getting to the point where they had to accept that they may never get to bring her home themselves. “I don’t like it, but I think we are going to have to trust Jessie to bring her home. We tried, but if we stay much longer I’m scared to think what Lachesis will do to us.” He admitted, before releasing a deep sigh.
(This post was last modified: Aug 19, 2017, 02:49 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N