(See All?) Announcements
555 Users Online
Bing

bullseye — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He nodded, “It is very important,” he agreed, “Life of course is not without its dangers but Fallen Tree Cove has remained safe for as long as I've been there.” After all most all of the bad things that had happened had while those involved we're away from the territory. This realization also helped him to come to the conclusion that perhaps he may have been putting too much pressure on himself. Now that he was alpha the pressure was much greater but no more than what he usually carried. This little excursion of his was somewhat refreshing and needed. “The mountain does provide a certain safety though.”

He shook his head again, “I assure you that you are not. I have taken a short break from the leaving word with my co-lead. I am sure she has everything under control while I am away.” Vespertio was still there as second and Tagg was now back so Kajika wasn't worried. The tawny man already knew where his alpha stood as far as he was concerned. He trusted Vespertio to do what needed to be done as well for he was the former alpha.

“You are quite welcome, it is the least I can do for now. However, should you need a permanent place to rest your paws, a place to call home. I will extend an offer to join us in Fallen Tree Cove.” He felt she would fit in well. She was kind and seemed the type that did what needed to be done. “I am glad that your travels have gone well. Thank you for the information about these forests and perhaps when he is older I will bring my godson to see the falls. It think he would like that.” That was of course if Moonshadow allowed it which Kajika felt she would. He gave a small chuckle, “Not a bad thing to have then. Size can mean a lot and keep you from getting hurt.” He would hate to see anything happen to the girl, she like Moonshadow was too kind for that. That of course hadn't stopped his friend from getting hurt.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Ray who has 36 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Meletē "Muses Synesthesia"
She was glad to hear that the mountain was kind to its inhabitants, thinking that perhaps they did well to take care of them home in return. Mountains could be as treacherous as they were secure; a stronghold only for the brave and capable. There were times, however, when the pale wolf felt like neither. The invitation to join his home caught her by surprise. She considered for a moment, but felt no threat to his offer. In fact, her ears perked forward, tail standing erect. "I graciously accept your offer, it's very kind." She waved her banner tentatively, eager to latch onto the first bait she was offered. A wolf who invited others so readily into their pack certainly must have had plenty to offer. Though Muses felt she was lacking in most practical skills, she was eager to train and prove that she was capable; more than a delicate seer, to be shielded from the world.

"Your godson?" She shot him an inquisitive glance, trying to make sense of the world. When everyone was related, they were all simply brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews. There were a few sires among the members; her father and a few of her older brothers, and the other females were mothers, either born into the family, or taken in from the great beyond, which consisted of the lands beyond the mountain. "So he is born of the gods." She concluded, nodding as if such a thing made perfect sense. "You are very lucky indeed." Her own father had claimed to be born of the gods, a demi god who bravely walked the earth. "This is certainly a place the gods would look kindly upon." Abundant in food and water, it seemed to make for an idyllic home.

"At best, I am a swift runner. Fighting was a duty for my brothers, uncles, and nephews. An oracle is not meant to hunt either, but I insisted; it is a skill that I have been drawn to my whole life." Muses revealed, hoping that her ability to sustain herself and others would work in her favour. She had to prove herself, if she was going to succeed with her new lease on life.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He didn't mind talking about his home because in some ways despite the tragedy that had befallen the cove he did feel like there was no place better. It was quiet there and they had the lake, usually they weren't bothered by the troubles that other packs had or what he imagined them to have. He was a little surprised when she accepted his offer so quickly. “Your sure?” He asked because he didn't want her to make a quick decision and regret it later. It had taken him some time to decide and while he knew that everyone was different it still took him a little off guard.

He nodded, “My co-leads son. She named me his godfather after he was born.” He explained but wondered what exactly she had thought he had meant as she continued to speak. However, she felt that maybe Muses wasn't so far off considering that Chan had been the only one of his litter to have survived. “We are lucky to have him.” He did have to try not to laugh at what she said next for if the gods did look kindly down upon the lore then the bad that had happened would not have.

He listened as she described the skills she had to offer which we're all skills that the cove could use. Though her speaking of the Oracle did strike him and piqued his interest. “Are you an oracle?” He asked the curiosity about it clear in his tone. He wanted to know more about this and wondered if it might be something that could help the cove.

(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2017, 04:22 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive I. Leader
"I can't think of another area that would strike me as home!" She laughed in a good natured manner, tail swaying gently. It was a hasty decision, but she did not truly realize that she had options. She tilted her head quizzically, wondering what the male meant by godfather. It seemed that they were more of spiritual kin, rather than by blood. "So she is not your queen?" Muses wondered what life would be like if perhaps her mother had been alpha – being a mate of her fathsr. But then, it was strange that Kajika spoke of his co-lead as if the bond was perhaps platonic.

When asked about her status as an oracle, she rolled her shoulders anxiously, considering how she might explain it. "I was an oracle," She confirmed, despite a dubious tone. Having discovered many of her father's teachings were lies for convenience, she was no longer sure what to believe. Although her title was debatable, it did not stop her from seeing the world in a way that others did not.

"I guess you could say I was born with a unique ability to understand others." It was difficult to explain, and no longer seemed very interesting after two years of having to explain it. "All voices have a unique aura — and I can see that." She exhaled slowly, wondering how the other might react. It was unusual, perhaps unbelievable, but Muses knew no other way of seeing things. The world around her shimmered vibrantly, drawing her to social situations.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark alpha wanted to make sure that she was certain about her decision to join Fallen Tree Cove. He didn't want her to join and then leave later, that had been a problem in the past. The most recent was Anaia, he was very disappointed that she had disappeared but hoped she would return. “Well as long as you're sure you can follow me back to the cove. We can stay here for the night and start there in the morning.” He didn't see any sense in starting so late in the day especially when they both needed a rest. “No, she's not my queen but we are very close friends.” He didn't think it would do much good to talk about when he had wished she was his. It was a lot of confusion in his part and he had Lunette now though he still wasn't sure where they stood. He often wondered what the future might hold for him and Lunette.

He wasn't sure what to make of her talking about an oracle. It wasn't something he was very familiar with and that left him wanting to know more. The first question was if she was one but he became confused when she said she was one. He didn't want to pry but he did wonder why she wouldn't be one any longer. “What would make it so you're not an oracle any longer?” He asked hoping that she wouldn't feel as though he was asking too personal of a question. He didn't like questions that were too personal and didn't know how she felt about them either.

She then went on to explain a little more about it which set the dark alpha to thinking. “And does this ability of your help you to judge others intentions?” He asked as his mind thought if the possibilities and how valuable muses could be to the cove. Kajika wanted to know as much as she was willing to explain but that could wait until they returned to the cove.

Inactive I. Leader
Nodding, Muses flashed the alpha a grin. "Give me a good night's rest, and I'll be good as new." She reassured him, confident in her abilities. Another day of walking wouldn't kill her. In response to his relationship with his co-alpha, Muses did not feel it necessary to add more. She was well aware that the strange pack systems worked entirely different from what she had known, and assumed that was simply how things were. As long as she was vigilant, she would learn quickly.

"I assume I can no longer assume such a role because I no longer live under my father's rule." It was a simple explanation that did not seem to sadden her. "In my family, it is my father, the alpha, who decides what roles his subordinates take on. He assigns our duties, mates, and roles within the pack." She frowned then, hesitating for just a moment. "To tell you the truth, I am not sure if he is alive. A tragedy befell my family, forcing me to escape." Although she did not elaborate, she hoped her companion would understand. It had been a harrowing event, from which she still felt distressed occasionally.

"They called me a truth-speaker." She continued on, explaining her role. "Sometimes, I can tell when someone is being sincere or speaking the truth. It does not work so well with strangers, but usually I can get a good read. For example, the colour of your voice wavered when you spoke of your co-lead." The reason for the hesitation in his tone was unknown to her. She could not read minds, but she could tease out subtle changes. Deciphering them was the hard part.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He gave the girl a nod, “Good and once we reach the cove you can rest as much as you need. Then we can talk about your duties and such within the pack.” He understood that she would have a need to regain her energy and strength. He’d had to do the same when he had first come to the cove and should have done after his trip but hadn't had the time. Moonshadow had needed to be found and he didn't waste time getting started. He'd been going ever since but it didn't bother him, the cove always needed him now more than ever. He intended to work as hard as he always had for them, the wolves of the cove was his responsibility and now he had another charge to look after.

Her explanation as to why she was no longer an oracle made sense to the dark man. The rest of what she said about her father's pack was bothersome but he also understood all packs were different in the way they were run. I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy. I hope in time you can heal from it. Things within the packs here or Fallen Tree Cove are much different than that which you will soon find out. Did you enjoy the role you had in your birthpack?” Perhaps she wouldn't mind practicing it once more.

As she talked about how her ability worked she found it didn't work as he would have thought but it could still be a useful skill the cove could use. “Maybe if you don't mind you can use your skill as an oracle to help the pack?” He went ahead and suggested it to her to see how she might feel about it. He was curious about the wavering of his voice when he spoke of Moonshadow. “Tell me what does that wavering in my voice tell you?” He didn't expect a detailed answer but whatever she could offer would be appreciated.

Inactive I. Leader
It was a fair, if not kind deal; having somewhere to rest would be a welcome change. Though she followed blindly, she did not seem to have any doubts about the man before her. "I will do my very best. It's my greatest desire to become the best version of myself that I can be." If not for herself, then she would do it in the memory of her sisters; the fallen muses that disappeared the moment she stepped out beyond their homeland.

"I suspected I would have to learn how to adapt. I'm not scared of change, but it will be some time before I am completely accustomed." An apologetic tone rang in her words. She had always stepped carefully around authority, and would continue to do so until the habit was broken. "My role was interesting, although I did not alwayd understand it. I suspect I was occasionally used as a mouth piece to enforce my father's law, but it doesn't matter much anymore. If I can't stop my ability, I might as well put it to good use." She shrugged. Whether or not she was active as a truth-speaker would not affect her synesthesia.

"If there is any way I can help, I am willing... But I would also enjoy fulfilling other roles as well." She spoke softly, shyly, as if she expected to be rebuked. Given the choice, she would have loved to explore, scout, and hunt, but she recognized that her abilities were valuable, and she was quite capable of multitasking.

When Kajika inquired about his own voice, Muses could not help but laugh. "You tell me!" She shook her head, before trying her best to explain. "All I could tell was that something was different. The colour of your voice seemed to waver a bit, but I would have to know you well to understand it better." Perhaps now he would understand the capacity of her unique ability. Everyone had their own hue to their voice. Like sound, it shifted and changed, though she found it was usually based around one or two dancing colours, floating like ribbons from their mouths.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He once again nodded as she spoke for what he did not disagree with her words. He knew well enough how things worked. “All that I can ask is that you try your best and serve the cove well. However, your loyalty to the pack and their needs is also important.” He felt making that clear to her right away would give her an idea of his expectations of her. While he was only a temporary leader and did his best to lead as Vespertio would he was now leader and had to run the pack as he saw fit. He had seen what the cove wolves had been through and had to do what was best for them.

“That is quite understandable and you will have that time and any help you may need. My co-lead and I are always willing to help.” It was a necessary reassurance, Kajika did not want her to think that she could not approach he or Moonshadow with any problem she might have. He'd always been able to go to Vespertio or Namid with his problems and it would be the same under his and Moonshadow's rule. “I think that if you have this gift and you enjoy using it you should still be able to even if you aren't in your father's pack. It could certainly help the cove from what I understand of it. That however is a choice that is yours if you want to or not.” He would not make her use her gift if she was uncomfortable with it but he didn't want her to feel she had to suppress it either.

A smile crossed his dark features, “I'm glad to hear that the cove would be very appreciative of whatever help you can offer. As for other roles there is hunting a border patrol that will need to be done. You can also choose a specific role if you like and work toward that.” The cove did need more wolves that had specific roles but that he hoped would come in time. Kajika was starting to feel that Muses might be a very good addition to the pack and he felt Moonshadow would like her quite a lot.

He was rather curious about what she'd seen in the aura of his voice and what it told her when he spoke of Moonshadow. She laughed and he couldn't help the grin that appeared in his face. “That I'm afraid is a story for another day.” He felt he had a pretty good idea of why the aura wavered but he still hadn't admitted it to anyone and especially not Moonshadow. He feared she might have his hide if she found out now after so much time had passed. "Well you will have your chance to get to know me better. As I will have the chance to know you better.” He looked forward to getting to know her better, she was an interesting wolf. They would have plenty of time to talk during their return journey to the cove.

(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2017, 06:51 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive I. Leader
Her tail quivered, and by the smile on her face it was clear that she found the terms acceptable. "Between you and me, I am much happier if I am not idle." She was a creature born to run, and that instinct could not be denied. "I know I can do well within your pack." They were rather similar in terms of goals, it seemed, and she assumed that the pack consisted of like-minded wolves. Though they might not be bonded by blood, there would still be an intimate connection between pack mates. "I truly appreciate your kindness, Kajika." She bowed her head, trying to supress her elation. How fortunate she was to come across such a well meaning wolf! "Whatever I can do to help the pack has always been my main goal." A leader as much as she was a servant, Muses always did her best to put the well being of the pack first.

"I'm looking forward to getting to know my new pack mates. While there may be some who prefer living a solitary life, that is not for me." As a social creature, she thrived among groups both big and small. "And I'm sure we will have many days together! This must be the place I've been looking for." Perhaps she need not try and find the end of the earth. It very well could be that her place was right there, just a little further into the mountains.

"While there's still daylight, I would like to set up camp. Perhaps we can catch a small dinner to tide us over as well." As a lone wolf, she had grown accustomed to hunger, but could not possibly waste the opportunity to share a meal with someone else.