(See All?) Announcements
695 Users Online
Google, Bing, Mouseling

Of Healer's & Hand bags — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
So incredibly sorry for the wait. Vacation lasted longer than anticipated and I've been scrambling to get the yearbook done too. Will be better so we can close this up soon.

Angry as he was, at least Serach could appreciate that the stranger reacted in the correct way. Turning away from the water, the other man lowered himself in submission. Beyond him, he flicked his gaze momentarily to see Arnaq begin to slowly crawl out of the water, her body language also submissive and apologetic. But his focus returned back to the strange wolf in front of him who had so brazenly crossed clearly pack borders, setting Arnaq aside in his mind to deal with later.

The loner answered the question directly, which was a double-edged sword. It only confirmed what Serach had suspected when he had come across their path, but the wording the man used did nothing to ease his temper. Even if he had frequently asked strangers what the Bend could do for them, what was really being asked was what did they want from the Bend. It seemed this man, Zev, was taking Arnaq's question literally and it didn't sit well in the mind of an already agitated Serach.

"We're not in the business of renting out homes or storage facilities," he grumbled when Zev had finished making his case. "Oak Tree Bend is a pack focused on family - we don't 'occasionally' speak to one another. If that's truly what you're looking for, then this is not the place, although I'm sure there are other packs in the Lore who would be happy to accommodate such an arrangement." And if the Bend wasn't right for Zev, well, he knew the way out already.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by Rau who has 58 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
This pack was perfectly situated between two different rare herb patches, and the woods here-about were the perfect place to find and use and hide sacrifices. He scouted around and he had his reasons, he just needed a means to live here, he had hoped that his scent alone would give the alpha cause to agree to his terms of living near, yet far. That however did not look like it was going to be in the cards.

He needed to be convince this wolf to allow him to stay. He knew the rituals well and always performed flawlessly; though he hated to partake in this submission, by looking at him one might never know.

Carefully he stood keeping his shoulders lower the alpha's and his head low with his ears relaxed and his tail lax and lose hanging from his backend.

"you may consider me the 'weird uncle' for I will be loyal to my family" he offered a smile, outwardly and to himself. His soft timbre spoke the truth and his words were chosen carefully. "I will not force myself upon other pack members but I will not hide either. I would enjoy the presence of the pack as they would have me."

He stilled, hoping his attention to ritual and his silky words were enough to earn him at least a tentative place in this pack
Played by Jenni who has 35 posts.
Inactive III. Yearling
Arnaq
Arnaq stayed low to the ground behind Serach. She didn't want to cause any further issues for herself or the pack. She had been doing a fine job up until now. When Serach spoke she shuttered at how he answered the response. She needed to be better at this. She instead started to take mental notes of how he was dealing with the stranger. She hadn't ever had an issue arise before like this, so this was a new experience she could mark off and hopefully learn a valuable lesson from it all.

One: Don't allow strangers into the boarders. Two: Don't let them play off your words. Three: Question, question, question.  She listened to the response of Zev. Weird Uncle? She let out a huff. More like smelly uncle.  She bite her lip though from saying anything to add to the tension that was already here. Her huff would probably get her an eye from the Alpha of her pack and she wasn't wanting to get sent off, not after she had only just started to shine in her own ways. She was learning so much here that she couldn't fathom the thought of leaving. 

And the pups, she didn't want to leave them. They were like little siblings to her, even if they weren't and she wanted to make sure they grew up and survived their first winter. It was always the hardest part she thought to herself. Winter had a way of taking the ones that couldn't cut it. She, herself almost didn't make it either. Though with her lack of experience it was quite a surprise she would imagine to her father up there some where that she had managed to come this far. 
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
Last round? You can assume Serach leaves at the end of the post unless anybody says something that requires him to respond. :)

If the other man was lying, Serach didn't know it. His hackles shivered for a moment as Zev adjusted himself, but the lone wolf kept his head down and his tail tucked which was enough for the leader. He was not thrilled by the title, "weird uncle", but the rest was good enough. Even if instinct was telling Serach that this stranger was not a right fit, he also could not ignore the reality that they badly needed more numbers. It had been a long time since they could truly be choosy of who they allowed in, and although Serach had always been skeptical of "healers", there was some increased peace of mind knowing they had one nearby.

Arnaq's huff earned her a glance, and his yellow eyes considered her for a moment before turning back to Zev. He had made a decision, and one that he would hopefully not regret. "Very well then," he said after a long moment's hesitation. "Welcome to Oak Tree Bend. I'm Serach Donata," it was not as bright a welcome as he otherwise would have given, but Zev could not expect that given the circumstances. "And since you've already made a friend in Arnaq, she can be your guide. Make sure you don't cross any other borders you're not supposed to." They'd both been spared physical altercation today, but now there was no argument for misunderstanding or ignorance.

Waiting until the pair responded, he remained silently before nodding his head and stalking back off into the woods to find Aponi and let her know about her knew "weird uncle".
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by Rau who has 58 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
love of duck I thought I was waiting on someone else to reply. *sheepish grin* lets fade this thread sorry

Zev watched the male leave that was easier then he expected, but he didn't care, nor did he care for pack politics. He had chosen his words carefully so as to not lie but not speak the truth either. He'd use the word family rather then pack in his last speech for he did not consider pack and family to be the same thing however he knew by using the word family in the context he did that the wolf would misconstrue the truth he told and apply it to the pack where he now stood; Though how easily he switched between the world family and pack members should have been a tell-tale sign something was off but that was not Zev's problem.

Zev and waited patiently until the male was far enough away then turned and nodded to the femme he now knew as Arnaq; even knowing her name he choose not to use it. mmMMMmm, No bath necessary now, sweetling, I'll be off to make my Den I know approximately where I want to build it, just look for the bones and you'll find me Zev chuckled and trotted off swinging his tail happily behind him. . He did need a place to dry his medicinals and to lay his head tonight, He'd have to locate the food chaches later but for now he'd poke around until he was satisfied.