575 Users Online
Bing, Google

Thicker Than Water — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Backdated to October 26th.@Reid

She'd been traveling back to Hearthwood for a couple days after being gone longer than expected. The only thing on her mind as she entered the Kingswood was seeing Oksana. She felt horrible that she had been gone longer than she had told her daughter. Inna hoped that the little Crow could understand and wouldn't be too angry with her. She pace quickened as she moved through the trees in her hurry to see her daughter.

The border came into sight in a short amount of time but Inna wasn't sure if she was happy to he back in her home. She still wasn't sure about Hearthwood's and what it meant to her. What she was sure of was that she felt better than she had in a long time. She felt like she had found her strength again, she didn't want to be weak and confined to her den anymore. Most of all she wanted to be there for her daughter like she should have been all along.

Inna paused at the border for just a moment before finally stepping across ready to begin the search for Oksana. Her daughter could he anywhere in the territory and she was the first one that Inna wanted to see.

(This post was last modified: Nov 12, 2017, 05:25 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Hex who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
He had been keeping himself busy since he had joined. If he wasn't with Sana he was hunting or as he was doing now patrolling the border. Meeting the others wasn't his priority at the moment but if he ran into them he wasn't adverse to striking up a conversation. Reid wasn't sure how long his 'trial run' would be but he wanted to make sure that he made the best impression that he could while it lasted.

Trotting along the border he wondered if Sana's mother would even return at all. She had been gone so long already and there was the chance that something had happened to her. He wouldn't complain if something had but he worried what it might do to Sana. The red man didn't want to see her hurt but the idea of her mother coming back and expecting everything to be a-okay made him want to snarl.

Motion in front of him drew his attention to a midnight wolf that was stepping into the pack's territory. Letting out a bark to announce his presence he made his way closer, noting that the pack's scent clung to her fur. A member that he hadn't met before. His tail swung loosely behind him as he stopped near her, but not too close as to be infringing on her space.

Hello I don't think we've met before. He did now that they hadn't met before. I'm Reid. He would get introductions out of the way first then they could go from there. Reid kept an open and friendly expression on his face as he watched the other. He hadn't really figured out yet if this pack was into all the dominance displays or not so he kept his posture otherwise neutral.
[Image: upside_down_reid_by_silversnake54-dbvgofa.png]
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The sequioa's we're the ever towering presence as she came to the border. If it wasn't for Oksana she may have chosen not to return. It wasn't as if the wolves of Hearthwood had really given her reason to. Though she had been surprised with the concern that Lilya had shown her before she'd left. She might have taken the woman up in her offer to talk if Inna hadn't felt it was something she needed to figure out in her own.the fresh scenery and open spaces of the tundra had helped to clear her head.

While she still had some things to work through Inna felt that she might be able to now that she had some time away. She knew she needed more time but she needed to get back to her daughter too. As she crossed the border into Hearthwood Inna was stopped by a bark she didn't recognize.

Soon a wolf she hadn't met shortened the distance between them. She looked him over wondering when this had happened. Just another wolf that would be in the pack for a short time before leaving as they all did. Inna of course held her tongue. The last thing she needed was someone else going to the pale leader telling more lies he would no doubt believe. “I’m sure we haven't. It's nice to meet you Reid,” she said pleasantly, “I'm Inna Baranski. I take it you're our newest member?”

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
For a moment he wondered if she would simply brush him aside and continue on about her business. It wasn't like she had to stop and talk to him. It would be more polite but it wasn't exactly a necessary action for her. She waited for him to approach so he figured she was game to talk for a bit at least.

She responded back that it was nice to meet him and she introduced herself as Inna Baranski. The name sounded vaguely familiar to him and he cocked his head slightly as he thought. Perhaps he had heard someone in the pack say the name at some point? He wasn't too sure but in any case, he would remember it now.

The pleasure is all mine. Reid responded with a polite dip of his head. And you would be correct. I joined not too long ago. Was it that obvious that he was still new to the pack? He would have to work on that more. He didn't want to stand out like a sore thumb. He wanted to make it seem like he was blending in nicely with everything.

Were you out scouting? He asked motioning the direction that she had just come from. He might have thought that she had been out hunting but she didn't have the scent of prey on her and she wasn't carrying anything that might suggest that she had a successful hunt.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

As much as she wanted to see her daughter recognizing the man as new to the pack she also knew she couldn't be rude. A glance was given to the forest behind them as she thought about Oksana and how excited she would he to see her mum was back. Turning back to the man she introduced herself.

She remained polite, the newest member didn't need to be aware of the feelings she held toward Hearthwood and its inhabitants. They needed the bodies to ensure they made it through the winter, wolves that would hunt so that her daughter could eat and grown. That's what it was for, it was always for Oksana, everything she'd ever done since she'd found out she was going to have her.

Inna gave the man a small nod as he explained that he'd only just joined, “I hope you find your time here satisfactory,” she said. It was really all she could say without possibly turning the man against Hearthwood completely with her opinions. “As long as you work hard and do as you're told you should do well,” she advised. It was the best advice she could give for the time being.

Then he inquired if she'd been scouting. Inna wasn't exactly sure what to call what she'd been doing, a break from the pack? That sounded bad and it wasn't really what she was doing. “No, not scouting. I needed some time in my own but now I need to be back with my daughter so I've returned.” There that should explain it not that she really needed to explain to this wolf what she was doing.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
He caught the way her gaze seemed to linger on the forest before turning to face him. She didn't really want to talk to him did she? But she put on a pleasant air and staying overall pleasant and polite. She even went as far as to tell him to work hard and do what he was told and he should be okay. The advice was welcome but it wasn't necessary because he had no plans to be one of the slackers. Reid didn't tell her this he simply nodded. I will keep that in mind.

Her response to his question had him pause. She needed time away? What for? He didn't see any physical marks on her that would imply she needed to work around some physical problem. Was it something mental then or perhaps a family member in a different pack? Whatever the reason she had come back to see her daughter and that was the part that caught his attention the most.

Daughter? He asked tipping his head again hoping the uneasy feeling running down his spine was just his imagination. There were other pups in the pack that he hadn't gotten acquainted with yet. So perhaps one of them was hers? Reid waited intently for her response his body going still. Please don't say it. Please don't say Sana. He almost whispered. Reid didn't want to tear into this wolf if he didn't have to. Not after they had been getting along so nicely.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Upon meeting the strange man at the border and deducing that he was actually supposed to be there Inna remained polite. Though Oksana was still on her mind she didn't want to brush past the newcomer. He deserved better attention than that especially from the Baranski despite the fact that neither of her parents ruled in Hearthwood any longer. She even gave him a bit of advice that would hopefully serve him well.

When asked about what she had been doing outside the border she was truthful. Inna didn't see any reason to hide what she had been doing. She figured Lachesis already knew she'd been gone longer than intended and would probably have a few words for her. She even expected a punishment but she had accomplished what she had left for so it was worth the punishment.

Her head tilted to the side slightly when he asked about her daughter. “Yes, Oksana. Perhaps you've met her? I hope she's been behaving herself and must be sick with worry. I promised her two days and was gone much longer than I intended,” Inna explained before looking at her paws a moment and then meeting his gaze, “I wouldn't blame her if she were angry with me.” She knew the temper her daughter carried and it was something to be reckoned with.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
OOC: Reid is ticked

She was Oksana's mother. Sana's mother.

Reid felt his insides go cold as she asked if he had met her daughter at all and that she hoped she had been behaving. Holding his tongue for to let her finish was harder than he had thought it would be. He wanted her to finish so that he could hear all of what she was saying in case some stupid excuse came up so that he could rip it apart. No shit she had been gone longer than two days. It had taken longer for Sana and him to get back to the pack's territory.

If Sana isn't angry with you I sure as bloody hell am. Reid hissed his polite attitude gone as he stared at her with icey eyes. How long did you think that you could leave her on her own without telling anyone? How long was she supposed to worry about you? His voice was filled with a low growl as he fought the urge to simply attack her. Why waste words? She was right here. There were two blatant problems with doing that. One he would be caught because everyone who walked along this spot would smell the blood and her and his scents and it wouldn't take much to figure out when they saw the wounds. Two it would hurt Sana and he couldn't do that to her and he didn't want that in the slightest.

I know Sana but do you want to know where I met her? He snapped his voice mocking. I found her days away from the territory looking for you and you say you were only going to be gone two days? It took us longer to get back here. His body was shaking as he fought to keep from yelling too loud because nothing good would happen if more wolves joined their party.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Speaking of Oksana and her behavior while she was gone and hoping she wasn't angry only made the mother want to find her daughter more. Instead she was still standing there talking to the man but she was curious if he'd had the chance to meet the little Crow. For a moment she wondered if her daughter had grown any while she was away and what she had been up to. They would have a lot to talk about once they settled down for the night and Inna had to admit that she was looking forward to talking with Oksana before they went to sleep.

It seemed that it would be a little while longer that she would have to wait until she saw her daughter. This man who knew nothing about her daughter started to rip into her about having been gone. He clearly stated that he was angry and she had to wonder, “What gives you the right to be angry with me over my daughter?” She asked wondering why thought that he could speak to her like this about her daughter. She found it odd that some strange wolf had whatever attachment to Oksana where he thought it okay. “Oksana should have been fine the two days I had planned to be gone but I wasn't in any state after those two days to be the mother I need to be for her. I didn't want her to worry at all which is why I explained what I was doing to her before I left.” Inna trusted that Oksana would have been okay while she was gone had it only been two days. Why was she even explaining all of this to the man?

As it turned out he did know Oksana and she wasn't going to have to wait to find out how he knew her daughter. It was rather clear that he had looked after her daughter when he had found her which Inna did appreciate. “Thank you for looking after her when I couldn't,” she said quietly before meeting his gaze, “Look, I know I haven't been the mother that my daughter has needed. I haven't been in months. I was out there to try and get better so I can be the mother she deserves. I'm not going to say what I did was right because it wasn't but because of it I can now be there for my daughter the way I was before.”

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
She seemed to be taken aback by the way he had responded to the knowledge of her being Sana's mother. Inna even questioned him about right he had to tear into her. Reid let out a mirthless laugh. What right did he have? He had been taken care of Sana while she had been off God knows where trying to 'get better'. I've been trying to make sure that doesn't run off again trying to find your sorry pelt. He snapped back. Was she even aware of the danger that Sana could have gotten into trying to find her? No, because she hadn't thought about that little tidbit.

Maybe she was but what about when you didn't show up? Did you check in with her after two days to tell her you were okay but needed more time? Reid already knew the answer to that question. No, you let her think something had happened to you to the point where she thought she had to go and find you. I found her as a lone wolf. Do you understand that if I had wanted to I could have tried to take her from you? He wanted her to realize just how much danger Sana had been in. The red man wanted to pound it into her skull if he could. If he hadn't been as kind he could have simply attacked her or he could have tempted her with Inna's presence and taken her away from the pack on a wild goose hunt. Reid took a menacing step forward. She was standing next to a bloody pit trying to get down into it. I helped her and got banged up in the process but she was going to attempt it on her own without anyone's help.

His breathing was coming faster as he glared at her did she understand? Was it getting through that dense skull of hers? If he couldn't fix her presence he could at least try and fix the way she was taking care of Sana. That way his little friend wouldn't get hurt again.

Inna thanked him her voice soft and Reid snapped his teeth together with a sharp click. Apologizing wasn't going to make it all better. She went on to tell him that she hadn't been a good mother to Sana for months and the red man felt his annoyance rise further. If you knew that you hadn't been taking care of Sana the way you should you should have found someone to watch her for you while you tried to get better. Being a better mother now isn't going to change the fact that you hurt Sana. Where is her father in all this anyway? I haven't seen him at all and Sana hasn't really talked about him. He should have been taking her while you were away or is he on a healing trip to?