475 Users Online
Bing, Google, Khalon

You should've known better than that — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall
it's in my blood, it's in my water

She made no comment, and he almost wanted to tell her how he thought she was gonna take his. Instead he decided to let it go. After all she hadn't, and she went on to mention she was self-taught. He guessed that could mean she didn't have others to play with. Though who would he say taught him to play? He liked to think he had known how and that his sister or cousins hadn't shown him. But that wasn't exactly true. They'd all just played.So he kinda wanted to disagree on the real good part. His tongue remained in his cheek as what would insulting her help?

"Well you did surprise me, and I really thought you'd get free," he offered with a couple beats of his tail and a half smile. "But I thought you was gonna tear my ear, " his smile staggered sheepishly as the words fell out. He was trying to be "nice" yet informative.  

Tarn? He'd never heard of it, but would not be forgetting it. Nor her. "I'm a Scowle one I guess. What is a Tarn?" It couldn't be too stupid of a question right? He just wanted to know, picture where she was from. His nose tested her in turn but it didn't match anything he was familiar with to name specifically. Which disappointed and excited him all at once. Two strange opposites to hold because he doubted he could exactly go off with her and see for himself. "I'm Vareth Archer-Lyall he proudly stated." Having remembered it was polite to give name. At least to someone you wanted to give it to.

i have been blessed with a wilder mind
Played by Alice who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

"Nahhhh." Then she paused and her smile became wicked. "Not today."

If he thought that Tarn was a weird one, well Scowle was even stranger! She pursed her lips in thought as she tried to unravel the meaning of the word. It just didn't make sense, nor did it sound real. Was he tugging at her tail? Making fun of her by making up words and seeing if she'd swallow them? Maybe. He didn't seem the tricky sort, but maybe-like Jenny- he was good at hiding it.

"Over there." She turned a little and with her snout pointed back east, or at least in the direction she thought was east. "Up high on the mountain."

Again she was exaggerating, but that didn't really matter did it? It wasn't like he was going to drop by and visit, was he? She wouldn't mind if he did, the Tarn was so booooring these days. The pup then proudly stated his name and Jenny's brows smushed together. Archer, that was awfully familiar. Not a name she carried herself but it was close to her heart nonetheless. Seeing as he was so pish-posh she figured she ought to do the same. Standing up tall, like a lady, she flicked her tail with an elegant grace, like she was nothing less than a fair maiden.

"Jenessa Selwyn." And then she dropped the pretence, the show was over. "My Dad is an Archer, you know him?"

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9d88.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

The boy wasn't sure if he should laugh at her comment or be concerned. He leaned toward the laugh. Then how quickly his eyes didn't hesitate to fall where she pointed. Picking out details and taking notes as he did so naturally. The boy was clearly impressed and he was beginning to think he wanted to see this mountain for himself. This tarn. That had to be an awful lot of walking. He was sure it was too far from the Scowle. Maybe he'd put the idea to Sedna who might relay it to their parents. "How are yer feet not tired?"

His little face scrunched, puzzled by the sudden change in her figure. She seemed a lot older than she was, but it made sense as she spilled out her own name. Something to be proud of too it would seem. Least he thought so thought. He liked it over all. Selwyn especially had a nice ring to it. Then just like that she was the playful pup that'd pounced on him. He liked that much better and was back to smiling. Until she gave him a new thought to stumble over. An Archer for a dad? Why wouldn't she use that name? Who was he? Did mom know him? But he knew enough to bite those questions back. "Maybe?" He began. "I got plenty of brothers I've been told. What's ya dad like?" It would be pretty cool to have another cousin after all. Despite how the encounter had started he was thinking she was one of the better strangers he'd met.  

(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2018, 08:54 AM by Vareth.)
Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn

Maybe her feet were tired, but Jenny wasn't going to say as much. Pretending that she had secrets was almost as fun as actually having them. It was so easy to make people squirm, to be so desperate to find out what she knew. It was never anything of real substance, but that wasn't the point. Jenny was just here for the fun of it, because she could.

"Staying home is boooring so I got used to it."

The boy seemed to be having a hard time reading her, like she was an utter mystery to him. Good. This was another game she liked to play, to see what sorts of tales she could get away with spinning. But then he mentioned family again and her plot was temporarily derailed. What was her dad like? The best! Duh.

"He's big and tall, black like me. Ummm... one of his eyes is gone but the other is sort of orangey."

Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

That made sense. He wandered like this when he got bored, and she didn't really have anyone to play with. Still he wasn't bored enough to venture so far. Not without someone else. If he told Sedna these things would she ever want to see the mountain? He felt his new friend wouldn't think he was cool if he showed up with one of his parents.

"Odin?" He spoke outloud. With that description it was easy to weed out the rest even though he'd never actually met his oldest brother. "He's my brother all right. Though I've never seen 'im" He rolled his lips together, giving something great thought. "Maybe while your down here...you could.. you know come to the Scowle?" He would like for his mother to meet this one. Hey finally getting to know his older brother wouldn't hurt. His mum probably like that too.

Inactive No Rank
Jenessa Kay Selwyn
Fade with yours?

Odin? Jenessa blinked owlishly. What were the chances? She didn't think her description would ring any bells, but nope! They were family! Maybe Jenny would be nice to him, at least for now, just till he got used to her shenanigans. So he was her Dad's brother, what did that make him? She honestly wasn't sure, no one had told her about the intricacies of family trees. To her family had been the wolves of Clearwater Tarn. Though now she was beginning to understand it was a little-a lot- more complicated than that.

"He's somewhere, not far I think." At least he wasn't usually, she was surprised he hadn't loped onto the scene whilst they'd been at it. "And yeah, duuuh. I wanna see it." It sounded interesting, better than hanging around twiddling her toes."Take me somewhere cool."

(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2018, 01:21 AM by Jenessa.)
Inactive No Rank
Vareth Archer-Lyall

He was a little disappointed not to meet his brother now. But she made it clear she would visit and he was sure that meant him too. His tail began to pick up the pace. Excited, and overjoyed. There was a temptation to sing, but he held it back. It felt silly and he would keep this little thing to himself. It'd be a good surprise for his mom.

"Oh you gotta see the caverns!" He'd found them but hadn't explored too much. They were a little spooky in his opinion. It'd be a little less scary with his new friend. "Race ya!" He hollered, picking up full speed eager to get there.

{fade}