(See All?) Announcements
582 Users Online
Google, Bing, Khalon

the ship went down in sight of land — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Many thoughts had gone through her mind as he relayed to her the things that he had done. They were horrible things she wouldn't deny it but at the same time she didn't hate him for them. She didn't want to leave him and never return. Instead she wanted to stay, for so long she had held out hope that he would return for her, he had been there for her even before he had disappeared. She wouldn't and couldn't leave him now not when she cared so much for him. What he told her caused her to question herself and the things she'd thought in the past. Was there a small part in her that was capable of the season things as him? If given the chance would she have gone through the the things that had run through her mind on more than one occasion?

He had brought attention to his scars as he spoke, she had noticed them the first time she had seen him after he found her. She was angry about them, that someone could do that to him but they had never changed the way she saw him. To her they weren't there but in this moment she felt it all the more important that he knew she saw them and to know how she felt about those that had put them there but mostly she wanted him to know that they didn't bother her.

He backed away from her then, she didn't follow allowing him the space he needed. This moment between them was one of the most important ones they'd ever had. She could feel it just as she could feel the warmth of the sun on her back. Leotie wanted to make sure that she helped him understand that he wasn't going anywhere and that no matter what he did in his past or what he might do in the future she wasn't going anywhere.

Once she realized that she too might have a darkness inside her Leotie had admitted it to him. She of course had never done anything like he had. She supposed she would always question if she would have had the opportunity arrived. After catching that female at the border Leotie believed more now that she could have done what she thought about doing in the past.

In the long stretch of time between her last words and when he finally spoke Leotie watched him for any clue about what he was thinking. She gave his question some thought because she could tell.it was an important answer. “We are the products of our Environment and we are neither completely good nor completely bad,” she said stepping toward him and licking his tears from his face. “There is good and bad in both of us Sven just different levels. This, the things you have done are all because of what others have done to you. It is how we survive this life. How we make sense of the things that happen to us and how we cope. It makes us wolves trying to get through life the best way we know how.” She hoped her answer would give him some comfort.

Leotie had thought about how her life had changed since those days of living in a house with humans to living in the lore. How she had changed over her time in the wild and was now capable.of things she hadn't thought she would've been before. Could she one day be capable of the same things as Sven the longer she stayed in the lore. Had the things she had seen and done made her more capable to do horrible things? She had seen a lot in her time in the lore and been through alot and she knew that she had changed to survive in this world.

“Then help me understand how terrifying they are for you.”

(This post was last modified: Dec 18, 2017, 03:40 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
the devil is & always will

Products of our environment, she told him. His pale gaze unfocused, dropping slowly until it rested somewhere between her long legs and her chest. Right now, with as vulnerable as he was in this moment, her words were gospel. Thus he was forced to come to terms with a perceived truth that, quite frankly, he did not like at all; that he was what others had made him into, despite his own efforts to be something entirely different. He was the sins of his parents, the tragedies of his life.

His legs shook, then steadied.

The rest of what she had to say did sound a bit nicer. Acknowledging that they had both only ever tried their best to survive the world thrust upon them. Yet in this conversation, Sven had lost a large part of the sense of agency he had worked so hard his whole life to fight for.

"I wouldn't do that to you," he replied with an upward twist of his lips, a dark smile that was just barely more than a grimace. He wouldn't put her any further into his headspace as to understand his fears, would not project his insecurities onto her any further in anticipation of projecting them onto her being.

"I'll trust you, Leotie. I do trust you."

It was all he could promise. He stepped forward, resting his throat against her shoulders in silence. He'd taken all the emotional baring he could withstand for the day. Now, Sven just wanted to rest and forget about the worst of it.

be a gentleman.
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie had spoken what she believed was the truth about why they were the way they were. She understood from her experiences that it had to be true because had she never gotten lost she would not be the way she was. She wouldn't have learned to survive. She saw the way his gaze dropped and she she knew she couldn't imagine what he felt in that moment, the realization that he’d been made to feel the hate and anger that he did.

They were both survivors having come as far as they had and making it through the things they had. She felt bad for Sven on some levels because he should have grown up in a loving home but she had grown to care for the man in front of her, it was this version of Sven that she trusted she couldn't imagine him any other way.

“I will respect that Sven but if there ever comes a day that you need to talk about it you know I'm here and you know I won't judge you.” She never would but she also wanted him to know that no matter what he had her to talk to if he needed to talk.

“I trust you too Sven,” she returned, “I always have.” Then as he stepped forward to rest his head across her shoulders she let her own rest across his as she embraced him. She hoped that he knew that she would always be there for him whatever he needed.

Fade

(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2018, 10:02 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you