(See All?) Announcements
541 Users Online
Bing

cause i need somebody just to feel alright — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
When he mentioned a scout her brows rose. A scout...now that sounded interesting! But, she wasn’t entirely sure what it was that a scout did. “What all does a scout do?” she asked curiously. The girl had been at a loss recently for what she wanted to do if she were being honest. She thought she’d considered all her options. The guardian role didn’t seem like something for her, she wasn’t aggressive or big enough for it. Enoki had been a fine hunter, but the girl just didn’t feel any passion for it. She was much too young to be a teacher and even though she liked to talk she liked to be the one learning. She had a bit of interest in healing, inspired by how well @Ravenna seemed to be able to take control of Lorcan’s situation and how much it seemed to be helping him. But Scouting, something about it seemed to just click with her mind. Perhaps, if Lorc’s explanation set some things straight for her, she could ask Ravenna about it.

His next words made her feel even more appreciative of him. Ever since the agouti man had fallen into their lands he’d been nothing but kind. He wasn’t able to do anything for them yet but that was okay, she knew that in time he would repay them because that was the vibe that she got from her friend. He was a bit like her in that aspect she supposed. His words helped to soothe her a little bit, but until her mother’s return there would always be that little bit of self-blame and guilt pecking at her from the back of her mind.

Her auds perked as he mentioned something about his past. He didn’t talk about it a lot so she felt like she didn’t know much about him other than the wolf she was seeing in that moment. He’d also been forced to leave his pack behind and felt like she did, she could see the remnants of regret and guilt behind those bright golden eyes but it seemed like he may have been slowly learning to forgive himself. This kept the soft smile on her face, though the bitter feeling was replaced with something warm. “Did you end up finding them again?” she asked. She felt a bit of sadness at the thought that they might be a rest stop for his journey back home, but a larger part of her wanted to help guide him back if that was the case. She knew how badly she’d wanted to be home.
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
It seemed his suggestion didn’t go ignored by the dark girl. The scout role had captured her interest. Lorcan smiled, his golden eyes bright with enthusiasm as he looked across at her to explain more. “Scouts are like the eyes and ears of the pack. It is their job to know what is going on both inside and outside of the territory.” Lorcan began, giving a teasing wrinkle of his nose to pull an expression much like the one he had seen on Adeltra a few moments earlier when she had admitted how nosey she was. “They are normally the first to notice signs of trouble and are expected to report back to the guardians and leaders as soon as they do. Scouts may also be asked to visit other packs to deliver news or important messages from time to time.” 

Lorcan studied @Adeltra then, curious to see her reaction to what he had just told her about the scout role. From what little he already knew of the girl, she seemed like a good fit for the role. She was smaller in build compared to some of the other wolves in the pack, which would make her quick, and she was polite. Plus, the way that she had approached him and helped to calm him down when he had collapsed at their borders proved that she had some skill in calming potentially risky situations.

If you’d like, when I’m feeling a bit better, perhaps we could go out on a scouting trip together so you can see what it’s like?” He suggested with an excited grin, before adding. “I wouldn’t mind exploring outside the territory.” The trip would be helpful to him, regardless of whether Adeltra decided if she liked the role or not. If he was going to settle down within Willow Ridge, he wanted to know what the surrounding land had to offer.

The soft smile that graced her young face made Lorcan hopeful that his words had made a small difference to how she was feeling about her ordeal. As he spoke he felt her bright amber eyes fixated upon him and he could tell that she was eager to ask him a question about his own experience of being lost. The agouti male nodded in response before he said anything else. “I did, and after some grovelling and numerous apologies, the leaders allowed me to return to the pack and my family.” Lorcan explained, a soft smile tugging at the corner of his lips, though his golden eyes drifted down solemnly to his pale paws. He'd been so happy to return to Hearthwood River back then, pity his stay had not been permanent.
Teacher role 3/3
[/dohtml]
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 04:18 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
She listened with rapt attention as Lorcán went to explain what the role of a scout meant. His intro had already caught her attention. The eyes and the ears of the pack? Well that sure didn’t sound too bad! Her tail gave a hard ‘wap’ on the ground at his teasing grin. The first to notice things? Well she already had that down, seeing as the girl was already usually the first one to arrive on scene if someone was at the borders. And, seeing as she was a Chatty Cathy, she could easily give a report here and there. Plus visiting other packs? Cool!

”That seems super cool! I might go and talk to Ravenna about doing that,” she said happily. What would her mother think if she came back and her daughter was a scout? She hoped she’d be proud.

When he suggested they do a bit of exploring together once he got better she was quick to nod in acceptance. She loved to explore and doing it with someone else would definitely be even better! “I’ve been around most of the Willows, including the willows outside the borders, but I can show you around there then we can go somewhere else?” she suggested. She could use a bit of a refresher herself.

He began to speak of his pack, mentioning groveling and her smile slipped a tad. Groveling usually meant he’d done something really bad, something that he had to beg to be forgiven for. Just cause he was lost for a little while didn’t mean that he had to beg to be let back in, in her mind. It just seemed downright stupid. Of course, the girl didn’t realize just how privileged she was. She didn’t have a free pass to do what she wanted, but it was fairly certain that she’d have it much easier getting back in than he would. She had been born in the lands and from two leaders to boot. Lorcán had neither of that in the Lore.

She didn’t press any further because even though Addy was a curious little girl she still had boundaries. Perhaps they could get more into detail later, but for the moment she simply pressed her nose to his cheek in support. “Well, you won’t have to go through any of that here,” she assured.
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan was pleased that his suggestion of her training to be a guardian or scout had inspired something within the Adeltra. Watching her with a delighted smile, Lorcan’s own tail began to thump quickly against the various furs which covered the stone floor of the infirmary, as the girl spoke of plans to talk with Ravenna about the scouting role. “When you do, you’ll have to come back and tell me what she said.” He suggested. Lorcan was curious to hear what the lead female thought of the idea.

His suggestion of them exploring outside the territory together was also readily accepted by the dark pup. “That sounds like a good enough plan to me.” He responded, with almost as much enthusiasm, before he shifted over to place his chin comfortably on his outstretched paws. All the excitement had begun to make the male tired.

Adeltra’s assurances that he would not have to beg or plead to remain in Willow Ridge resulted in a soft huff of delight escaping the sleepy agouti male. It was good to know that at least someone was on his side within the pack. As a newcomer, and a sick one at that, it was nice to think that he had at least one wolf around who he could count on – even if she was just a pup.

It was clear now from the drooping of his lids over his lucid golden eyes that he was ready to drift back to sleep. Side eyeing Adeltra happily, the agouti male gave a lazy flick of his tail before he released a yawn. “I think I’m going to get some more rest now, but I'm sure we can speak again tomorrow or whenever you next decide to visit.” Lorcan offered the girl a half-grin before he flopped over onto his side and shut his eyes to sleep.

It wasn't long before the peaceful hum of his heavy breathing filled the infirmary chamber.

Fade.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together