(See All?) Announcements
428 Users Online

Walking in the Moonlight — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
AW. Cold, breezy, and clear.

The wind ruffled the Agouti woman's fur along her back as she made her way through the Willow Trees. Night had fallen hours ago and she should have been curled up in the warmth of the den but sleep hadn't come that night. It had been a long time since she hadn't been able to sleep. It worried her that her restlessness had returned, she worried it had to do with the changes in the pack. It was growing from what it had been when she’d come to Willow Ridge, she'd grown comfortable and now she was set into a state of uneasiness.

Their most recent addition wasn't helping matters, Leotie still didn't know what to do about her. She tried to remain positive about it all. Winter had set in they needed the bodies but the jealousy crept up in her no matter how right or wrong it was.

Leotie stopped at the sound of movement not far from where she trudged through the snow. Head lifted and ears perked she scented the air for a sign of what had made the sound. Then she saw the movement as a rabbit hopped across her path. It didn't seem to notice her, she knew she should go after it, they needed the meat. She didn't move and instead watched it from her post as it searched through the snow, she assumed for food.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Whilst Lorcan was feeling much better in himself, not entirely healed but well enough, he still had the issue of sorting out his sleeping pattern to contend with. The constant darkness inside the infirmary chamber had been helpful whilst he had been in recovery, allowing him to relax and drift off to sleep for long periods of time, but it had also completely messed up his natural circadian rhythm.

After a long mostly uninterrupted sleep inside the main den, Lorcan awoke to find a number of wolves curled up inside the cave around him. Releasing a lazy, content yawn the agouti male lifted his chin and turned to gaze across towards the stony entrance of the den. Outside the sky still clear and dark and void of any starlight. Assuming that he must have woken up early the next morning, and therefore not much point in forcing himself back to sleep, the male decided to creep his way around out of the den and get on with his day.

Loping at an easy pace towards the strange willow trees, he hoped to find a small deposit of melting snow to steal a quick drink, before ultimately setting out in search of a cache for a meal. Sniffing quietly around the bases of the trees, the scent of another wolf suddenly caught him by surprise. Thinking that he had left everyone behind to sleep inside the main den, Lorcan didn’t hesitate before proceeding to investigate.

Spotting the smaller agouti figure ahead of him, Lorcan eyed her curiously from behind a veil of bare willow vines – trying to recall her name – before he finally stepped forwards to approach @Leotie from her side. The male greeted her silently with a polite dip of his head and wag of his tail, before he glanced across to try and see what she had been looking at.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie watched the rabbit for a long time knowing she should go after it but at the same time she felt it might not be a good idea. Chasing the rabbit in the dark could get her into some trouble especially with the snow as deep as it was. It dig and nibbled before moving along and doing the same. Her breath created a cloud in front of her.

It took some time getting used to it being cold again after the months of spring and summer. She was so focused on the rabbit and what it was doing that she hadn't noticed someone else was nearby. It wasn't until the rabbit startled and took off into some underbrush that she turned to find the source of the creature fright.

She going the wolf that had been in a bad state and had crossed their borders. Lorcan she believed he was called. As he came closer and offered a dip of his head and wag of his tail, he seemed polite enough. She nodded in acknowledgement of his greeting. “You seem to be doing better. Ravenna is good at what she does. Couldn't sleep either?”

The Agouti woman pushed her other worries aside to focus on Lorcan. He after all was the one who’d showed up on their borders nearly skin and bones, she tried not to think too much about what it reminded her of.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
No sooner had he moved in to stand alongside her, his gaze beginning to inspect the snow and vegetation that clung around the trunks of the willow trees, did the object Leotie had been staring at – a rabbit – startle and flee. Feeling guilty that he had inadvertently lost her an easy meal by approaching her, Lorcan pushed his ears back against his head in awkward apology.

His eyes flickered back over to acknowledge the smaller agouti wolf, searching for the brightness of her icy blue gaze, not sure what to say. Fortunately @Leotie did not seem be upset with him, or at least, she did well to hide any annoyance she may have felt as she turned to greet him. Lorcan’s ears perked up again, a shy smile forming on his charcoal lips before he shook his head.

“Thought I’d get an early start on the day, see how much I can get done before everyone else wakes up.” He explained, still believing it to be early the next morning rather than late at night. “What about you? Are you always up this early?” He asked with a curious tilt of his head. The male was keen to get to know all the wolves in Willow Ridge now that he had pledged his loyalty to the pack.
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie watched the rabbit go not giving chase or showing any desire to go after it. She was not upset by the interruption and perhaps on some level it was welcome. She was glad to see the Agouti man up and about after being in the condition he had been. She shook her head at his attempt at an apology, “I wasn't hunting.” It was all she said in regards to the rabbit.

The Agouti woman spoke of him doing better and spoke of Ravenna, leotie knew first paw.the kind of treatment the alpha gave. She felt Ravenna had taken very good care of her during her time.of recovery. Leotie knew she owed a lot to the medic and to Sven for saving her and she wouldn't ever forget what they had done, it was.because of them she hadn't been lost physically and mentally forever.

“You should take it easy and break often while.you work,” she advised, “I don't think Ravenna will go easy on you if you get hurt.” Leotie hadn't ever found out somcd she'd obeyed medic’s orders. “Um, sometimes. I'm usually up a few hours for now. It used to be my nightmares that had me up this early when I first came to the ridge. I wasn't able to walk them off like I can now though.” She supposed them it hadn't mattered much of she went back to sleep back then since she slept on and off all day anyway.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan nodded in agreement at the agouti female’s advice. “I was just planning on scouting the borders and exploring the territory, nothing too strenuous. I still need to learn my way around this place…” The male explained with a soft shrug and friendly sway of his black tipped tail. The Willow Ridge territory wasn’t anything like where his previous packs had settled, which was good. He felt like it made the difference made it feel like a truly fresh start, but it would take some getting used to.

As his russet ears perked up to listen to Leotie’s explanation as to why she seemed to be the only other wolf up at this hour, Lorcan began to sniff idly at the air and his golden gaze drifted away from her icy blue eyes and towards a larger gathering of willow trees. Something had caught his attention. Glancing back to the female was a concerned frown, he silently gestured for her to stroll forwards with him as they continued their conversation. “Are you worried about something?” He asked bluntly, with a curious dip of his chin.

Following his nose, the male strolled alongside @Leotie further towards a particular willow tree which was clustered amongst three others. Although their branches were bare, their long vines worked well to obscure the treasure that was cached at the base of the tree. Using his scarred muzzle to brush the natural veil to one side, Lorcan stepped forwards to sniff around the trunk. His nose eventually hovered over an area of recently disturbed earth. “I think there may be something buried here…” He mused quietly, turning to look at Leotie whilst licking hungrily at his lips.
Scavenging prey 1/3
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 09:39 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie knew from experience that Ravenna wouldn't like it too much if he overdid it before he was fully recovered. She remembered the conversation she'd had with the alpha the day they had caught the fish in the pool. “I think that would be alright, I can join you if you would like some company,” she offered. That way if anything happened someone would be there. “The Willows is a wonderful place, the best I have lived in so far.” Having lived amongst three packs she had her experiences with different areas of the lore. “You could see it in the summer and fall. I can only imagine it in spring,” she said thoughtfully.

He questioned her about what she explained for her reasons for being up so early. She shook her head, “I was ousted from my last pack and it went badly for me after that. I lost myself somewhere along the way but Sven found me. I was starving and near death when he did but he helped me get well enough to come to Willow Ridge and in his and Ravenna's care I got better but I had nightmares from my experience. Life is much better now and I'm happy here with Sven and his family.” At least she'd been until everything had become so confusing and things had changed.

She was still trying to process everything and understand what exactly was bothering her. She walked alongside Lorcan keeping a pace or two between them, he wasn't Sven after all. He seemed to be on to something so she kept alert until he spoke once more, “We should find out what it is. It could be something the pack can use.” She could smell it too, stronger now that they had gotten closer. “Perhaps I should do the digging,” she stated not wanting him to over work himself.

Scaveging prey 1/3
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 01:16 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan’s russet ears perked up with interest as Leotie described how wonderful she found it to be living in Willow Ridge. The new subordinate appreciated her sharing her opinion on the pack. The fact that she viewed it and its members in such a positive light gave Lorcan hope for the future. Referring back to her previous offer to join in him exploring the territory, the agouti male smiled. “I would really appreciate being shown around, if you have the time?”

When Leotie mentioned that she had been suffering from nightmares, Lorcan was curious as to what was plaguing her mind. The slender male listened silently, his gaze focused on her pale blue eyes, as she shared with him how she had been banished from her previous pack and how she had come to settle with Sven and Ravenna. The experience sounded traumatic, so he could understand why such memories could keep her from sleeping. “It seems we both owe a lot to this pack.” He commented, flashing @Leotie another smile.

Yet again he couldn’t help himself. “Why were you ousted from your previous pack though?” He questioned, ears pushing back timidly in case she found his prying rude. Not wanting to stare at her any longer, in case it should make her feel uncomfortable, Lorcan diverted his gaze to their surroundings and began making his way towards another nearby willow tree. After sourcing out the location of the scent he had been casually following, he turned to Leotie. Her offer to dig the smelly object up was accepted by the male with a nod. “Sure, if you'd like to..” He confirmed, before stepping back to give the female some room.
Scavenging prey 2/3
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 09:40 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

While she was sure that he would probably be alright scouting the borders Leotie felt more comfortable him having someone with him. That someone just happened to be her which she didn't mind, she needed to do her own patrol anyway. She smiled when he asked to be shown around, “I have plenty of time. You already know where the den's are so I can show you some other places.” Those places would all look different now but that was okay, if he stayed long enough he could see them as she remembered them.

She told him her story, not because she needed to since she'd already told it to the one wolf she told everything to. She told him because she thought it could help him through his recovery. “Yes, it seems we do. Loyalty and hard work is the best way to pay it back too. If your planning to stay Lorcan then you can help us build the pack we are trying to.” There was a lot of work to do and she had spoken to both Sven and Ravenna about their hopes and she had made her decision to help them because she wanted what they wanted.

The next question he asked was one that she'd been asked many times. She didn't not feel like he was prying and didn't mind sharing. “It was confusing at first. I have heard that it was due to insubordination but I don't believe that to be the truth. I think I was ousted for disloyalty which is preposterous to be honest. Sven and I became friends almost a year ago, he would visit me often in my old pack and my alpha at the time had a problem with it. She accused me of being more loyal to Willow Ridge than I was to her and of wanting to take her rank. The truth of the matter is if I was in fact more loyal to the ridge I would have come here long before I was ousted.” There had been many times before she left the draw that she'd wanted to come back to the ridge with Sven but she couldn't, her loyalty to the draw and to Triell had kept her there.

Once they had found the place where the scent was coming from it was time to find out what it was. It would require digging which Leotie thought it best she do that. “I think it best,” she stated before moving to begin digging through the snow and hoping she found it quickly.

Scaveging prey 2/3
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 01:16 PM by Leotie.)