Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Atlas

I Was Painting a Picture — Drowned Wood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER
I don't believe in no devil,'cause I done raised this hell

Due north, that was where he was headed glad to finally be away from those gossiping women. He would have liked to be traveling under the full moon serving as his protection. That however wasn't possible, the plan he'd set motion had it's opportunity now and he took it, the sooner he could be reunited with his father the better. Traveling mostly at night to keep from being detected his dark coat gave him some camouflage despite there being snow on the ground.

Ramiel had traveled swiftly north for the first nights of his journey wanting to put as much space between him and the Dell. The last thing he wanted was to be drug back and have to listen to those women gossip and complain, he thought he might rip all of his fur out if he had too. He would soon reach the land his father spoke of and as he traveled through the snow he had to wonder if the moon mother hadn't wanted his escape to go as it did.  The Archer was unsure of the distance he'd traveled or even if he was in the right place. He was now on the lookout for someone who could tell him where exactly he was and if he was close to Relic Lore.

The place that he had come to was a strange place indeed with it's tree trunks sticking up out of the frozen water. He'd never seen such a sight. Cautiously he approached one of them over the ice his steps were light as he sniffed at the closest trunk.

Table by Grey
(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2018, 02:02 AM by Ramiel.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by slimestone who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Darkmoon

The marshes had frozen over, choking the drowned wood in its icy grip. Jagged icicles had formed at the base of the trees where they met the water, creating an eerie scene of the landscape. The night was dark, and a sliver of moon cast a cold blue glow that shone off the snow and ice. Everything seemed lifeless, dead, except for the dark form of a wolf huddled in the snow. Every now and then a wisp of condensation rose from his nose, but other than that he was motionless.
    Darkmoon had found some logs that had fallen down close together, and had created a barrier from wind. He had dug himself a small hole in the snow that had begun to warm up with his body heat, helped by the lack of snowfall that evening. Winter was always a struggle for him as a lone wolf, as prey was few and far between and larger game was off the menu. As usual he had dropped condition in the harshness of the season, but his thicker coat masked his decline to some degree. Even so, he was more vulnerable than normal, and never truly fell into sleep too deeply.

Thus it was that the soft shuffling of paws alerted Darkmoon to another's presence. He was instantly alert, muscles tensed and ready for action. He got to his feet, peering into the darkness to see if he could discern any movement among the frozen trees. His gaze fell on the dark, juvenile form of a wolf and his hackles rose instinctively. A low growl rose in his chest at the sight of the intruder, and his bravado assured him that he could easily take this pup if it came to it. In reality, his joints were stiff, he was fatigued and he was still groggy from his sleep.
    Darkmoon approached the stranger slowly, his stance rigid and intimidating, tail wagging stiffly. Everything about his demeanour said 'leave'.

(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2018, 12:24 PM by Darkmoon.)
[Image: darkmoon_avatar_by_pearcrumbs-d9xt32f.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

The idea of stepping onto the ice caused some concern of the ice breaking under the young Archer. Curiosity however won out and he stepped out onto the ice anyway in order to investigate the trees that dotted the icy marsh. A look up at the sky told him the moon mother was watching over him as he crossed the ice to the nearest one. He was completely unaware that there was another presence in the marsh with him.

It wasn't until he heard the low growl that brought his head up to look around his ears alert for any sounds that would indicate where the other was. Ramiel's hackles raised to show that a little growl wasn't going to scare him off that easily. As the male came into view his tail raised over his back as he stood his tallest. A sign that he wasn't going to back down. It was perhaps a dumb thing to do on his part and it could end badly for him but he didn't come to this land to be pushed around.

“Don't worry I'm not here for trouble but I won't back down from it if that is what you're looking for.” Ramiel was merely passing through and had not asked to be approached in such a way. He only thought it fair to warn the man that he would put up a good fight and to think twice seeing as it seem this man was a loner like himself. They could not afford injury in the dead of winter.

Table by Grey
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Darkmoon

Darkmoon's intimidating display had not appeared to work, as the intruder stood his ground. He had not really expected this to happen, given the comparatively younger age and physical maturity of the wolf. Not that Darkmoon was particularly brawny or strong, but he was a mature adult. He observed the wolf's posture, bristling hackles and high tail, and decided while he obviously felt confident, he was still only a pup. However, doubt crept into his mind. He could feel the weariness in his body and the emptiness of his stomach. Darkmoon had been there first though, so it stood to reason that if either of them was to leave, it was this newcomer. The pup had to learn some respect anyway, starting with understanding boundaries.
    "No one's looking for trouble, kid," he said in response to the wolf. He had to admit; the youngster had spunk, even if it was foolhardy and misplaced. "And there won't be any if you leave," he finished with a flick of his tail. His gaze shifted slightly in the direction the wolf had come from, so as to reinforce his message. He did not want to remove his sight from the wolf completely in case it opened him to attack, but they had not given any indication that they were volatile, and he did not feel overly threatened.

Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

Ramiel wouldn't be intimidated by this wolf in front of him and he was keen to let the other know. He was only passing through so therefore he didn't want any trouble. Since the land wasn't claimed there wasn't any reason that he couldn't be there. He wouldn't let this stranger push him off until he'd satisfied his curiosity. The young Archer watched the male closely for any sign that he might attack. He wouldn't relax his posture until he was sure that he was safe from the wolf.

“Good,” he stated though still kept his display up as the man spoke again, “I will go when I am ready. You could speed that up if you could tell me what this place is.” Perhaps he could get some information from this man before he moved on in his search for his father and brothers. He needed to know if he'd made it to Relic Lore before he could continue on. He still wasn't sure where to look once he did find out but a least if he was in the lore he would hopefully not have to worry about any of the Dell wolves coming after him.

Table by Grey
(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2018, 12:26 PM by Ramiel.)
Inactive No Rank
Darkmoon

Darkmoon grumbled at the wolf's reply, annoyed by the insolence of his words. His confidence was surprising given his age, and all it did was irritate Darkmoon. He never seemed able to exert authority, whether he was older, larger or stronger than the other. His insecurity only added to his indignation, and it made him only want to chase this wolf off more. He stiffly stepped forward, eyes smouldering, unable to hide his frustration and anger. He only moved a step or two forward, however, before he remembered himself. If this wolf could leave without it coming to blows, that was a far better scenario. Still glaring, he stopped and relaxed his stance, even though it made him feel defeated.
    "This place," he said coldly, "is a frozen lake with dead trees." As the words came out of his mouth, he could hear how sarcastic they must have sounded. Not that that was not their purpose, but he realised that it would not help quell the friction in the air and get this wolf gone. He sighed before going in. "If it has a name, I do not know it." You won't need to know it either, he thought to himself, because you're going to leave.

Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

Ramiel stood his ground in front of the other wolf, he couldn't relax his posture now. His brow rose as the stranger took a couple steps toward him. The young Archer remained where he was but was in alert for any change that might indicate the was about to be attacked. His head did tilt to the side slightly when the man's demeanor seemed to change to a more relaxed posture. It seemed he wouldn't have to show the man just how much he wasn't going to let a stranger tell him what to do. He'd left the Dell so that he could live by his own rules and last time he checked the land wasn't claimed.

Ramiel rolled his eyes are the answer he got from the man. Well he wasn't blind now was he? “I got that much,” as it was quite obvious really. The man went on to say he didn't know the name of the place, he gave the man a bid on acknowledgement of what he'd said. Then he thought he would try another question to see if the man would give him the information he sought. “You wouldn't know how far it is to a place called Relic Lore would you?” He asked as politely as he could muster. It was the only way he could see getting the answer he was looking for.

Table by Grey
Inactive No Rank
Darkmoon

The eye roll did not escape him, but he let it slide. It was not worth getting riled up about, although it took all his self control to back down. The only sign of his annoyance was a slight flick of his tail. The other wolf was being civil after all, and Darkmoon could appreciate that; but that was about as positive as he was going to get about the stranger. He decided to continue to cooperate, and began to answer his question.
    "Relic Lore? You won't have much farther to go, you're already there." It seemed like a strange question to ask. When Darkmoon had arrived here, he had just stumbled across the land, he did not come with any real objective. So that a wolf this young was interested in this place in particular piqued his interest. However, he did not want to show that he cared, and in any case Darkmoon was getting tired of holding conversation with him, so used to being alone.
    You're pretty far south though. Most of Relic Lore is north," he said, trying to hurry their meeting along. "Away from here," he added for effect.

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2018, 12:55 PM by Darkmoon.)
Inactive No Rank
Ramiel Minos Archer
Ramiel ARCHER

It was clear that the man wanted him gone and Ramiel would take his leave once he had the information that he sought. While the name of the place they were in might not be known this could be one of the smaller places inside the lore. His father had said something about such things so if course he had to ask to be sure.

The young Archer nodded before a thoughtful expression crossed his face. His tail swayed behind him, he'd finally made it after traveling so far. “I had not realized,” which was the truth. Then next part was of no consequence to him since it wasn't the northern parts he was looking for anyway. “Its the south I'm looking for,” he stated.

There was just one more thing he wanted to see if the man could tell him since he was being so cooperative. “Do you know of a pack called Willow Ridge?” His half brother was there and it would he a good start to find his father he hoped.

Table by Grey
(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2018, 03:53 PM by Ramiel.)