(See All?) Announcements
580 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

Lost Boys Like Me Are Free — Velo en Cascada 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

In the weeks away from home the masked pup had grown thinner and there was still no sign of his sister. He did everything he could to stay positive but as the days grew on he became weary. He worried that something bad had happened and that was why he hadn't found Arwyn. Elyan didn't know how far he'd traveled by the time he reached the lake but he did know he had come far.

He’d been traveling long enough to know he’d traveled a great distance from the notch. He hoped his parents weren't too worried. That was the thought that crossed his mind as he approached the water. One thing about being on his own, he'd become a more adept hunter but rabbit wasn't what was on mind when he saw the lake, it was fish the boy wanted. He didn't know if he would find many in the lake though. Still he stepped up to the  water's edge to see if he could see any.

Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

She poked around the forest and falls per usual. Hawthorne wasn't being too snappy today. She minded her business and if @Sachiel wanted to trail her that was fine. Overall the girl was in a rather content mood that day. There wasn't even a strange scent to be found near the borders of the Shallows. Perhaps a day off was earned finally.

That was if she could find it in her to just slow down and relax. The world around her seemed to be doing that, though. Heavy piles of snow along with most if not all of the water around being frozen. Perhaps she'd drag someone into playing on the ice or maybe she'd get adventurous and do it on her own.

Oh. What was that? She could hint the faintest trace of something familiar. Not something (or someone) familiar from the edge, though. If her mother was back....well, Hawthorne had something in store for her.

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

It was a waste wanting fish, he should have known better. It was much too cold to be going fishing which he soon found out when he discovered the lake had frozen over. He put his paw on it and tapped at it. He was disappointed in the fact that he couldn't go fishing since this was the first lake he'd come across in his travels.

He thought about stepping on the the ice since it looked thick enough to hold him. He hadn't ever walked on it before and his parents weren't around to tell him how dangerous it might be or not to do it. He was now the master of his own fate.

He was just about to step onto the ice when his ears came forward and he scented the air. It was a faint scent yet familiar one but it felt like it had been such a long time since he had smelled it. For a moment he thought his mind was playing tricks on him, “Hawthorne,” slipped past his maw before he even realized he'd said it.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

"Hawthorne,"

The voice wasn't one she remembered as it but paired with the scent, it all came back rather well. Of course an old play-mate wouldn't have sounded the same when they were going into (or already were) into eight months of age. A posture that once screamed aggression eased up into something more friendly.

Without much of a warning, the girl took off to bolt towards the tawny male. Her goal was to tackle him with affection. Even if she had gotten lost from the Notch and hated her mother Elyan had done nothing wrong. His family - along with him - had been so utterly nice to her before she got lost and found a new home.

Elyan! She joyously cried not caring if she disrupted any nearby creatures in the process. Granted Hawthorne never stopped to think that her old friend might not share the feelings she did.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2018, 03:50 AM by Hawthorne.)
Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

He’d said her name and it felt almost foreign on his tongue, he hadn't said it or heard it in so long. He didn't think it could be her anyway, she too had been swallowed up by the forest like his sister. Though for a moment he did pause and wonder what would she be like now.

Then he heard his name and that he knew couldn't be faked. The voice wasn't familiar to him but of it really was her she'd probably changed just as much as he had. He turned and found a dark form running straight at him. He didn't move but allowed her to run into him and shower him with affection.

“I've missed you Hawth,” he said between laughs. All of their play sessions and the time with the birds it all came back as he placed licks to her cheeks. She smelled different bit under it all her scent was still Hawthorne and he was in disbelief that he'd found her. It renewed his hope that one day he might find Arwyn too.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2018, 04:02 AM by Elyan.)
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

She breathed in his scent, trying to place any familiar undertones but he smelt mostly of himself and the cold earth. Concern bubbled within her as he placed licks to her cheeks. Brows furrowed tightly over orange eyes as she took a step back and looked over him. He looked so lean. I missed you too, El. Her voice was softer this time around, less lively than her joyous cries.

What are ya doin' here? Why can't I smell your dad or mom on ya? She settled her rear down on the snowed over earth. Hawthorne motioned for him to come sit by her. He couldn't be sustaining much body heat by himself looking like that and she didn't mind sharing a bit. There were wolves back home for her to curl up with for warmth.

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

It truly was a joyous occasion for the Agouti boy to have found his friend again. Things were different he could smell many wolves on her which told him she had found a place to he safe. He was glad for that, for so long he had worried that something had happened to her. His smile only widened as she expressed that she too had missed him. Her voice had changed which caused his head to tilt to one side.

He hadn't thought about his scent changing in the time he'd been away from the notch. He went and sat next to her at her invitation. A sigh left him before he spoke as his mismatched gaze met her orange one. “Arwyn went missing and I struck out on my own to find her while Dad was looking for her too. I haven't been home in a long time,” he explained before letting his gaze drop to his paws, “I know I shouldn't have left but I couldn't not look for her.”

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

She sighed, her shoulders sagging. Arwyn had gone missing too it seemed. Hawthorne understood Elyan's reasoning. Arwyn had been his sister after all. Surely if she had a sibling that went missing she would go running out to find them. But Hawth had no siblings looking for her and instead had been swept away in the safety of strangers and planted her roots in the falls.

Bet they miss ya lots, El. She hummed softly, not interested in (metaphorically) punching any bruises that might already be there. Maybe you should go home for a bit. Few days or something so that you can rest and your family can see ya. Her shoulders shrugged. It was just a suggestion. Hawthorne certainly wasn't going to drag him back the Notch. That wasn't her job and she had jobs here to do.

Inactive No Rank
Elyan Myrddin

He wished he didn't have to give Hawthorne the bad news of his sister and that this could be a happy meeting between them. He was glad to see his friend and see that she was alright. A sight much better than he was Elyan was sure of that. He'd been getting by well enough and he supposed that was all he could do.

“I'm sure they do,” he agreed and in fact he was sure that they missed him a lot especially with Arwyn gone. His mismatched gaze went to her as she voiced her suggestion. “Maybe you're right and I should. I can explain and hope they will understand. I'm afraid mother and father will be extremely angry with me.” He didn't want to get into trouble but he also didn't want his parents to keep worrying about him. “Have you done well for yourself Hawth, your in a place your happy?” He wanted to make sure of that before they parted ways again.

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
so sorry for the wait, wrap up with your next post?

She listened and let her head nod softly where it would appropriate to do so. Your parents always seemed pretty nice, understanding too. The peppered Edge wolf said with a small head. I'm sure they won't be mad if you just go home, explain it to them. It was the best advice she could offer in this situation and she hoped he would take it to heart. What happened if he waited too long to go home? What would become of him in the wild? She had gotten lucky but not everyone was her.

Her head nodded sharply at his question. They take real good care of me here. I'm actually pretty sure they'll notice if I'm gone too long. She spoke softly as she stood up, glancing over at the tawny boy with his mismatched eyes. She hadn't realized just how much Elyan and Sachiel looked alike. It was...kind of spooky.

The thought was quickly dismissed as she gave a small sigh. Promise you'll go back to the Notch? Even if it's just to check in? Once she had his promise, she'd likely be on her way to return to her own home.