448 Users Online
Bing, Google

Goodbye Enemies — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Thank you.

A sigh of relief escaped him when she announced that she would keep his location a secret from his mother. If she wanted to find him she could work for it, just as his father and his grandmother had. Granted, his grandmother had gotten directions from his father, but at least his father had gone looking for him. And found him—even if it had taken him a few weeks (months) longer than it should have. But he had still found him. That was all that mattered. He flashed her a warm smile, his black-tipped tail wagging gently behind him in hopes of erasing some of the tension that he had created. She wasn’t so bad. Sachiel was still confused as to why she had sought him out now, after nine months, but he was sure she had her reasons. She hadn’t been around in Quaking Vale when he was born; therefore, she had not known of his existence. So he couldn’t blame her.

His head tipped to the side as she spoke, his eyes widening. Three uncles and two aunts? He blinked, dumbfounded. The boy didn’t know much about his relatives—hence why he had given Namid the cold shoulder. Giving his head a soft shake the boy lowered his hindquarters to the ground, his maw tipped softly to one side. No, he confessed, his voice much quieter than it had been before. Tell me about them? He asked, his smile returning once more. Maybe they were out there too, somewhere…

(This post was last modified: Feb 28, 2018, 04:14 AM by Sachiel.)
ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
How lovely are the portals of the night
When stars come out to watch the daylight die

A joyful glint came to her mismatched gaze when he asked her to tell him about his aunt and uncles. She was always happy to talk about them but at the same time it wouldn’t be a happy story. But, there was a moral behind the story that she hoped he would get without her having to state it. Hopefully it would just seem like she was trying to inform him of his family, which she was, but at the same time it would maybe help him understand why she hadn’t come to see him.

“I have had two litters in my lifetime. The first was of your mother’s. She is the eldest, followed by Aleister, then Cernan. Aleister disappeared perhaps 6 months into his life, returned, then made his way off into the world again. Cernan stayed by our side until a January of last year, then disappeared like his brother. He was like a knight, shy in the beginning of his life but determined to protect us until his sudden departure. My second litter was born nearly two years ago, consisting of Ismena, Lunette, and a stillborn little boy who had not even the chance to breathe his first breath in this world. Ismena left much like Aleister, within the first 6 months of her life and I have yet to see her again. Lunette, as far as I know, still resides on the mountain as the only Vuesain heir left within the borders of Fallen Tree Cove,” she said.

She paused, allowing all of the information to sink in. “Your missing aunt and uncles...they are the reason that I left and have not met you until now. When your mother left when she was pregnant with you, it left a hole in your grandfather and I’s hearts. We felt..that we had failed as parents. Your Aunt Lunette is a very troubled soul, tightly clutched in the hands of depression and anxiety and has been that way since her birth. If our child was not gone they were struck with some sort of malady. Once you both were gone, even with the Cove beneath our reign, we were stricken. Stagnated by our troubles we decided that we would go out and seek our missing children with the hopes of bringing them back or simply seeing if they were alive and well. I do not tell you these things to make you feel guilty because it is certainly not your fault, you were but a spark of hope in Neha’s belly when you departed from us, but so that you may understand why I was away. Now that I am here, should you need me I will be up the mountain to rejoin the Cove wolves. Friends are wonderful, but should you seek the thoughts of family I will be there for you,” she replied with a strong conviction in her voice. She was not aware of how long she had in this life, but by god as long as she was kicking she would be there for her grandchild. And, even after her heart stopped beating she would be watching after him from above.

TAGS:   OUTFIT:   OTHER:  
Made by  esa
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

There was something off about the older woman. Something that reminded him of his rust-coloured friend in the Vale… which made him worry. She had the same crimson tint; the colour of sickness. He swallowed at the realization, his mismatched gaze growing soft as he studied the pale agouti. Was… was that why she had come? Because she was unwell? His ears swept back as his expression grew more worried. Maybe he should have been nicer in the beginning…

He listened patiently as his grandmother began her response to his question, his tail curled tight around his hindlegs as he remained attentive to the older Vuesain. He did not know if he’d ever meet any of the relatives she spoke of, but he was still interested in learning more about his family tree. He didn’t know much about the wolves in his family beyond his parents, so it was nice to get a little education on the subject. But it was certainly a lot of information to take in.

His mother had two siblings her own age and two younger than her. Her age-mates seemed to possess the same wandering paws that Sachiel did, for they had both disappeared. He couldn’t help but wonder if he still would have left the Vale if his parents (mainly his mother) had been more attentive to him. He liked to think he would have—it was in his blood, after all. Where is Fallen Tree Cove? He asked hesitantly, his voice soft as he met her mismatched gaze with his own. Was the pack still standing, after all this time? He wouldn’t mind snooping around, seeing where the Vuesain’s once reigned. The place he would have called home if his mother hadn’t left. She had mentioned the mountain but he did not want to get lost if he planned on visiting her.

Did you… did you find most of them? How much time did she have left to find them? His brows knotted with worry as his toes curled into the cold ground. I’m, uh, glad you found me. Even if he had been stand-offish and was still a little confused by her appearance. At least she had found him—one of the many missing wolves in her life.

x

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Namid was surprised by her grandson’s inquiry about the Cove, but also excited by it. Even though he hadn’t been born there it was still a part of his origin, a part of him. Fallen Tree Cove is south west from this place. If you trail the bottom of the mountain then head up once you reach the southernmost end of Spectral Woods, you will head directly to the eastern border. It is located in a place called Lost Lake. It may sneak up on you, but it is a beautiful surprise nonetheless. My first encounter with it was nearly 3 years ago during the winter. I had stepped out onto a snow drift and fallen down the incline from the mountain to the lake and sprained my ankle. Your grandfather was the one that rescued me a nursed me back to health. I suppose you could say I literally fell into his life,” she laughed, amusement evident in the crinkle at the edges of her gaze. “If you feel so inclined, the summer is the best month to visit. Everything is blooming and warm and the Lake provides a very refreshing dip or thirst quencher,” she relayed.

To his next question her smile dipped in melancholy, but she tried to remain strong. “Unfortunately the only of my children that I found was my Neha, and I had not even known that she was lost,” she replied, “But, I suppose should they appear to you you may now known who they are and your relation to them.”

She waited a moment, feeling their time together growing to an end and it felt like a swift kick to the gut. Namid took a hesitant step forward, not wanting to do something that would make him uncomfortable. “May I...hug you? Just for a moment” she asked gently, wanting nothing more than to envelope the handsome boy against her. But, if he declined she would understand.

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

He did not know if he would ever visit the Cove but he wanted to know where it was, just in case. So he listened intently as his grandmother painted the picture for him—one that was filled with soft blue and pink hues. Trail the bottom of the mountain (which he had done many times before), to the southern point of the woods, then up the mountain. He nodded, committing the directions—along with a visual map—to memory. An amused smirk traced his dark lips as she mentioned she had literally fallen into the territory and his grandfather’s life. Was that how it worked? It made him think about his meeting with Hawthorne—how a creepy sound in the forest had brought them together. But he’d never think of her like that, like how his grandmother viewed his grandfather, because that was gross. He and Pumpkin Eyes were friends—best friends—and strictly that. It sounds nice, he commented, almost shyly, as he dismissed his thoughts of his greyscale companion.

As the tawny woman responded to his question Sachiel’s expression grew grim once more. He gave a short, tight nod. While he had been a little hesitant (and rude), the boy was glad to have run into his grandmother. It was interesting learning about the wolves on his mother’s side of the family, and he hoped the rest of them he encountered were just as nice as she was (and not at all like his mother). Maybe, just maybe, the solitude would be good for his mother. Perhaps she'd find herself, or something, like his father had.

As she stepped forward the boy watched her with a curious expression, his creamy brows pressing together. What came next was unexpected, but a warm smile unfolded across his dark features in response. S-sure, he spluttered out, his tail sweeping behind him as he took a hesitant step toward the greying female.

x

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Sachiel shyly admitted that it seemed nice and she gave a prideful nod. The Cove, in her opinion, was the most beautiful place on earth. Living on a mountain was tough and it took a special kind of wolf to be able to brave the terrain, but in her mind the view that the mountain gave and the things it provided for them made it completely worth it. There was nowhere else she’d rather be, besides beside her grandson or family, which was why that was where she headed when she left the boy.

The grandmother felt tears of happiness prick her mismatched gaze as he agreed to allow her to hug him, the warm smile being the icing on the cake. She wasted no time in moving forward, draping her head across his shoulders and pulling him close. Already he was taller than her, taking after the larger genes in both his mother and father’s family lines making her stand practically on her tiptoes to reach him but she made it work. The pale woman breathed in his scent, feeling at peace for the first time in several months. Yes, she might not have found the children she had birthed but meeting her grandchild made up for so much of that. To see he was so handsome and well taken care of made her happier than he would ever know. She hoped he stayed that way, that the misfortune of their family would end with him and that he would no longer be affected by what seemed to be a curse on them.

After a moment she pulled away, a grateful smile on her lips. “Thank you, for allowing me that. And for seeing me and understanding,” she said. Sadness pulled at her lips as she realized that it was time for them to part ways. She had taken too much of his time already. He should go, be productive, not be weighed down by his sick grandmother or thoughts of the past. He needed to go and be better than they were. “I fear this may be where we part ways,” she revealed. “I will be staying somewhere nearby just for the night. Please relay this to your alphas so they know, I do not wish to cause any trouble. I will stay out of your fur,” Namid informed.

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

He stood there awkwardly and a little uncertain as the tawny woman approached him. Of course, he hadn’t realized his size until his frail grandmother embraced him, her thin maw draped over his shoulders. It shocked him to discover how thin she was beneath her winter coat, which made him pull her in even closer as he bent his knees slightly so that she did not need to strain to reach him. His nose buried into the fur between her shoulders, breathing in her comforting scent and the soft colours that surrounded her. The moment felt final, which left a sour taste in the boy’s mouth. As she pulled away the boy shrunk back, a cold wave washing over him. He pushed a smile onto his lips as she thanked him, happiness radiating off of her in soft ripples of yellow. His tail, however, fell slack as she announced that it was time for her to take her leave. Reluctant, he gave a soft shake of his head, his ears pressed against his fur. Do—do you, he started, his maw tipping to the side as he observed her, mind if I stay with you? For the night? He didn’t know how she would react—or his leaders—but he didn’t want to leave her alone just yet. Especially not in the winter conditions, not after he felt how thin she was. I-if not it’s okay.

x

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Her brows rose in surprise when he asked to stay with her. She hadn’t expected him to want to stick around. Sure their interaction had turned out better than she’d dreamed but surely he’d want to go spend the night curled up with the warmth of a pack than out in the cold with a frail wolf? Nevertheless she was not going to turn this down. She nodded, tail swaying happily behind her thin frame. ”Of course! Come, let us find a place to settle down that is big enough for two.” She’d planned on just staying in the same abandoned den that she’d stayed in the previous night, but now that her grandson was joining her it wouldn’t suffice.

”Do you have anymore questions?” she asked, eager to answer. Namid hoped to spend the night talking and getting to know her family member even better. She’d tell him everything about his family that he wanted to know. She’d tell him about her siblings, about the new siblings she’d found, about her nieces and nephews. Anything he asked she would answer, because if there was anything in the world she wanted to do it was pass on her knowledge and speak with the Leigh.

Fade
Made by  esa